• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

steep

Smash Lord
Lol well the band director's son is my roommate from college and he and I are trying to grow the jazz scene in Huntington.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
errr.... thanks lol. I have no idea what that picture is about. Anyways... Poplar Bluff is in the Bootheel of Missouri and so is in the southeast most region. If anyone could make it, that would be great.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I live in Louisville and a smashfest would be fun.. we really need to up the melee here and the brawl could raise as well . SMASH IN GENERAL IS TO GOOD TO BE THIS SMALL!!

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Hey maybe this is just me but, we need a list of people going to Derby City ComicCon, if we could do meetups that would be sick and if someone could arrange a brawl or melee setup that would be sweet.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
So I want some type of Indiana ranking. :/ I really want the Indiana scene to develop again and whatnot, and we're starting to get way more active here in Northern IN. (Which is super weird). I realize that right now we probably don't have enough active players for a real list, but maybe we could work something out? I feel that the guys around here who are trying to improve, as well as myself, need another form of motivation to keep us going.

Also, we need more IN tournaments. It's really not a bad location for people to get to, especially like Indianapolis. (Which is like 2 hours away from everything) Eventually I may be able to host stuff in Fort Wayne, but I highly doubt people will want to drive all the way out here to do anything.

I also miss seeing lots of you guys at tournaments. :(

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The biggest problem is that like... I dunno. We don't like the game that much anymore in bloomington/terre haute. Fighting games are more balanced and more fun, and there are already scenes to jump into.

I'll play brawl but I'm way less interested in traveling distances to play brawl anymore (granted I miss seeing everyone I am basically really interested in traveling to hang with the scene again)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I completely understand. I play pretty much every game around, and usually on a competitive level! (But I'm sure you already knew that!) Of course I have realized that your scene really isn't into the game anymore. Just make sure to stop by all the tournaments that also have fighting games! (And tell me when those go down!)

I dunno, I still enjoy this game though. So do the guys in my scene. We took a long break but I really still enjoy it somehow.

I think that more tournaments need to also have fighting game events. :/ But I guess that would make everything more complicated.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Maybe before school starts I can get something goin' here in Indy at my church. It's in an odd location but it's still really nice, we could hold it in the gymnasium with power strips and such and TVs they have ( I think . . . ) the problem is setups...

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Maybe before school starts I can get something goin' here in Indy at my church. It's in an odd location but it's still really nice, we could hold it in the gymnasium with power strips and such and TVs they have ( I think . . . ) the problem is setups...
I dont think that would be to difficult to get together, if we can find tables and people willing to bring wii's it should be easy.

Also would it be southern indy or farther up?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
well I need to keep talkin to my church, my dad is being very aprehensive about it but Im just gunna ignore him, im tired of being badgered about wanting to go to tournaments, so instead Ill just HOST them.

Ill give you details Lance if I need ya to help, buuuut just showing up would be amazing ^^

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You're granting the wrong people's wishes, actually. ;)

But I'll go to those anyway because they're 20 minutes away, although I didn't need a thread about it.

Top Bottom