• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I turned 17 last Wednesday tho

Spongebob cracks me up like, for real.
Some episodes I'll watch and be bored the whole time, but I'm usually at least entertained.
But often times ill legit be laughing lol

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Wifi isn't bad, you're just bad at wifi.

Ok well wifi sucks but after about 3 months of playing a lot you get used to it, then it becomes a huge tool in improving your reads/MU's

Wifi IS bad.
You can use it to learn like... the most basic things,but after you got some experience about the game,you notice that wi-fi is really bad most of the time,chiefly when your DACUS,Zap Jumps,reads,pivot grabs or whatever you're trying to do is transformed into rolls or dash attacks.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Let's not go that far Zz. It's good if you want to learn basics, but other than that, it's useless. you're better off playing on an HDTV if you want a laggy experience. You're better off playing actual TFG's online than playing Smash.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No reason to baby him, the world isnt a nice place. Tell him how it is.

SoulPech

Smash Master
the world isn't a nice place. Still, you shouldn't lie about something that's truthful. don't get me wrong, WiFi is bad. If you really want to get better, stop playing wifi.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because in the lactency both you AND them have your options/reactions cut, so while you can play them and see for yourself 'this is how they react/punish my move' and 'this is how they move/play' etc, you could do the EXACT SAME THING by watching them play and really studying the video, and then if you watched youd see them do it without lag interference to see what really works and what doesnt. Sure, you learn a lot from playing people, but with netcode as bad as brawls, its honestly better to just watch, study, do tech practice, etc since the lag makes some things that are normally punishable both harder to react to AND near impossible to punish, makes people make less good and reactionary choices and do more 'yolo smashes' and hard predictions than usual, makes people play riskier and less safe, makes it near impossible to play safe enough, and much more. Wifi is great for having fun with friends or playing if you really feel like smash, but its not the best place to learn or improve. While you CAN learn/improve on wifi, you can accomplish the SAME thing just as well if you know how to do your homework, talk to players about the game and how to use/play against characters, etc. Even guys like Salem, one of the most well known wifi warriors, has said he learned almost everything he knows through tech practice, watching videos, etc, and only played online since he couldnt go to events in person; then as soon as he DID go to tournaments for the first time, he started improving INSANELY fast since he finally had an actual legit way to get experience in the game.

Notice how anyone who has ever been good at wifi suddenly gets multiple times better the moment they play offline; wifi is fine to play competitively, dont get me wrong, but if youre going in wanting to improve or learn, its not your best option. Its a good tool for trying to apply what youve ALREADY learned and practice and perfect it in game, but youre not going to get better through wifi as fast as you will through other means that are already available with an internet connection.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
By definition, wifi is bad because of the latency. But it's still great practice~

People who always say "wifi sucks" or "you can't learn anything from wifi" haven't played more than a couple months of on and off wifi practice. If you start playing wifi a lot, like a lot a lot, you get used to it. Idk what it is, but you're playing 3 seconds ahead somehow.
You start making legit reads, you start reacting to stuff that hasn't happened yet.
Wifi coupled with offline play can help you improve REALLY fast, on any level.
Even Denti said he learned a ton from playing a set with nairo online.
Two top offline players, learning from playing online.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I never said you cant learn from wifi, I just said there are a lot of better and faster ways to learn. Wifi is definitely one of the FUNNEST ways to learn, but its also one of the hardest, most time consuming, most inefficient, etc.

Koric

Smash Apprentice
the world isn't a nice place. Still, you shouldn't lie about something that's truthful. don't get me wrong, WiFi is bad. If you really want to get better, stop playing wifi.
So you saying to start living in a rich location or move to a brawl active city? Not really helpful advice to the many who are living with their parents and/or bound in a poor US state.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So you saying to start living in a rich location or move to a brawl active city? Not really helpful advice to the many who are living with their parents and/or bound in a poor US state.
Lmao "Mom, Dad? Can we move to a place where other smash bros players live?" Yeah anybody can tell that'd turn into a big fat no. Regardless if Wifi is good or not, sometimes its the only option for immobile players. But even with wifi you won't be able to make it to the top, mostly all of the top players are able to get themselves to tournaments all around the country and practice with the best players in person often. Making it to the top is something you haveta kinda dedicate yourself to, and once I figured that out I just gave up the hope of being a top player, since I have other things in my life that have more priority than this game.

SoulPech

Smash Master

Good job assuming things. I NEVER said to move to a rich city. You just thought that yourself. Yes, I live on my own, but literally ALL my friends live w/ their parents. We get together twice a week and play smash for hours. It's not rocket science. If all you have is wifi, then so be it, but you're gonna be limited. That's one of the many why I say it's bad. Troll harder please.

I'm 26 and still find spongebob hilarious.

If you think this show is for kids then you're missing out a lot of its content and I feel sorry for you.
Either you have children or you watched this show whenyou were younger. No, I didn't miss out. I watched it when I was younger, but grew out of it. It was frying my brain cells. If I watch cartoons, I usually watch Adventure Time/Regular Show, adult ones like family guy/american dad, and anime. Don't feel sorry for me. There's nothing to feel sorry about and I'm doing better without spongebob :B

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Loooool Koric got so upset.

Btw, Adventure time is like, something that's also lethal for your braincells.
Lemongrab is enough for that.

Top Bottom