• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IN MEMORIAM: Hat N' Clogs (1996 - 2023)

censorship

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6194-1904-3318
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of SmashBoards user and dear friend of mine Hat N' Clogs.

I may not be around these parts of the internet too often, but I know that Hat was, and I am absolutely certain that he was a bright spot on some, if not all of you. He was certainly a bright spot on me; he being one of the first real friends I've ever had. A virtual presence with which I made a genuine, whole-hearted connection with.

I have always wanted for us to meet up in person and maybe play some Smash (we have played online before), his :ultness: (or :ultmario: or :ultbayonetta:) being victorious over my :ultwiifittrainer:. Sadly this will now be just a half-realised project, as with many others that Hat and I were passionate about. I do wish we could see them all into existence, if only for the purposes of closure. However, I will try to be happy that I had things I could do with a good friend.

We promised we would be friends for life, which means I will pray for his ease in the Afterlife, just as how he had prayed for me during my times of despair. I hope he gets to read this post (and this thread) from the Heavens. I know that he will be missed, and I hope he knows that.

Thank you for being a best bud, Hat. May we reunite - as two kindred spirits in the sky someday.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh man, that's truly awful news. :(

I'd only interacted with Hat a few times but he always seemed like a really swell fellow and was someone I considered to be a prominent face of the Social Thread.

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss and may he rest in peace.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I've come out of hiding to pay my respects to this good friend of mine.

I may not have hung out much where he does in this website, but we've talked on a frequent basis on Discord so this is a particular loss at a time of my life where things are already really shaky. I will not elaborate because it's pretty heavy stuff...and a sprained ankle too.

My condolences to his family and all the friends he's made that aren't me. I wish them the best in this moment.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
...I can only wish this was just some kind of horrible joke.

Hat was one the absolute best friends I've made on this site. I talked to him every day. He'd been expressing hope and love for so many projects of his.

I was getting worried when he was suddenly absent from the site for a few days without mentioning that he would be, but I had hoped he was just settling back into home since he had mentioned being on vacation recently.

Hat, if you're really gone...I'm so sorry I didn't join Discord sooner. I'm so sorry we never truly got to talk in-person. I'm so sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you. You're one of my best friends, and hearing that you're gone hurts so much. You deserved a blessed full life and to see all your projects realized.

Please be at peace in Heaven if you're truly gone. I'll miss you, bud. I'm so sorry.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
My friend. Someone so compassionate and fun to be around.

Any sort of thing we talked about, be it Overwatch, sports stuff, Survivor... It was always fun sharing some good times with each other. To hear that he's gone is just... It puts a hole into my head that's gonna be tough to fill.

Hatty... Wherever you are now, I pray that you rest easy. I miss you, buddy... I really, truly do.

Divine Grace Maryse

Class of 1979
Premium
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of SmashBoards user and dear friend of mine Hat N' Clogs.

I may not be around these parts of the internet too often, but I know that Hat was, and I am absolutely certain that he was a bright spot on some, if not all of you. He was certainly a bright spot on me; he being one of the first real friends I've ever had. A virtual presence with which I made a genuine, whole-hearted connection with.

I have always wanted for us to meet up in person and maybe play some Smash (we have played online before), his :ultness: (or :ultmario: or :ultbayonetta:) being victorious over my :ultwiifittrainer:. Sadly this will now be just a half-realised project, as with many others that Hat and I were passionate about. I do wish we could see them all into existence, if only for the purposes of closure. However, I will try to be happy that I had things I could do with a good friend.

We promised we would be friends for life, which means I will pray for his ease in the Afterlife, just as how he had prayed for me during my times of despair. I hope he gets to read this post (and this thread) from the Heavens. I know that he will be missed, and I hope he knows that.

Thank you for being a best bud, Hat. May we reunite - as two kindred spirits in the sky someday.

Hi there, I am here to offer condolences. He and I and master zinith counted :bobomb:s in the Forum Games for quite some time.

May he rest in peace and have a safe trip to heaven. :150:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I've been trying to process this all evening, and it's only just now hitting me that he's really gone. Hat was such a genuinely great dude, and for him to pass away this early in his life is such a tragedy. I always enjoyed interacting with him, whether it be goofing around counting Bob-ombs or just talking about life with the homies on discord.

I'm really at a loss for words right now. He will be missed greatly, and his absence will leave a hole that can't be mended.

Goodbye Hat. If there truly is an afterlife I hope I can meet you again one day.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That's terrible to hear. I've known Hat since my old account still existed, and while we only really interacted a few times and I don't like getting attached to people online for personal reasons that I won't go into, he nonetheless seemed like a nice guy.

May he rest in peace, and I offer my sincere condolences to eveyone who's affected by his passing.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've came out of hiding in as I just found out and really sorry to be hearing his passing.

I really owe to him being one of the key people who got me settled into the forums and was a good friend. His passion for his stories and his gentleman like personality was comforting to simply be around.

I'll miss him and Smashboards along with its connected communities will miss him.

May he rest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom