• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In game battle portraits do work! **FIX INSIDE**

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Now, about Battle Portraits. Unless you .iso hack your Wii (I won't tell you about it), small battle portraits do not work so ignore them. Anyway, go into CSP Tools and read the guide.
WRONG...(with respect) :)

Anyway, so I looked into the perl step2 file that's included in the both v10 and Modded Cupash folders and modded it slightly so that it names the new portrait .bress files properly.

Basically the guy who wrote the original program messed up and included an extra period in the file names where they weren't supposed to be. I went ahead and slightly modded it so that the InfFace***.brress files come out as they should.

THIS ALSO FIXES THE ISSUE WITH HAVING TO RENAME THE COMMON5 PAC.

Now instead of "common5_en.pac" it will just be "common5.pac" so when you update your CSP's you can just copy/paste directly to the SD card. No renaming ANYTHING.

DOWNLOAD LINK

BEFORE (Notice the periods)

AFTER (Voila, now they're gone. No stupid renaming each one individually....)

Sorry for the bad images in advance...these are just quick shots of my tv but yeah as you can see the in-game battle portraits are working from the SD card via the file replacement code. :)

And yes, I know the Ike texture does not match the portrait..it was just for test purposes.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Cool. It's stupid that we've to change the file names every time I use new battle portraits. Thanks for fixing this.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
You guys should download the newer one I have so you won't have to rename the common5 file either. I just changed it and uploaded it over the previous one.

Does this mean we don't need to package the csps in Common5?
LOL no, you have the wrong idea. All this does is fix the filenames so that they are legible to the game as soon as you're done with Cupash step 2.

Before this you would have to rename each and every battle portrait file you had and the "common5_en" pac which got incredibly annoying, especially if you constantly change your textures. By the way you'll always have to package the files in Common 5 since that's the only file the game will read as character portraits...at least until these crazy hackers reprogram the game to read jpegs........*looks around* ...NAH!! lol

Desire

Smash Journeyman
...Another genius.

Alright, I have no idea how to use CSP. Wheres the link to a guide? Iv been searching.

Edit. Guide looks terribly confusing <_<

Oh well

timothyung

Smash Ace
This is basically what you do:
Get the two missing programs mentioned in the guide
Put the needed files into the needed files folder
Run Step 1
Put the CSPs you want to use into the new files folder
Name the tgas according to the CSP you want to replace
Run Step 2
Put the three folders in the new files folder into sd:\private\wii\app\RSB?\pf RSBE for US, RSBP for PAL, RSBJ for JP
Done. Just load it like the textures

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

So apparently I can't download?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

So apparently I can't download?
I downloaded fine, I dunno what's wrong with yours. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5mtmazwljzd

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
...Another genius.

Alright, I have no idea how to use CSP. Wheres the link to a guide? Iv been searching.

Edit. Guide looks terribly confusing <_<

Oh well
What guide? Mind directing it?

This is basically what you do:
Get the two missing programs mentioned in the guide
Put the needed files into the needed files folder
Run Step 1
Put the CSPs you want to use into the new files folder
Name the tgas according to the CSP you want to replace
Run Step 2
Put the three folders in the new files folder into sd:\private\wii\app\RSB?\pf RSBE for US, RSBP for PAL, RSBJ for JP
Done. Just load it like the textures

Huh... Thing is... let's say my Falcon's Whitetexture is replacing his Green Costume. What should I name it exactly? If it's too specific, if you could explain me how it works... I'm pretty lost.

And how do I use the small character portraits?

timothyung

Smash Ace
The guide should be included in CUPASH.
After you run step one you should have a punch of CSPs, _big and _small ones. Just name the new CSPs according to the original names. For example CF's original big CSP would be captainfalcon_big.tga. So if you want to replace it, name the new one captainfalcon_big.tga and put it into the new files folder. Same for small ones. Run step two and you are done.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
The guide should be included in CUPASH.
After you run step one you should have a punch of CSPs, _big and _small ones. Just name the new CSPs according to the original names. For example CF's original big CSP would be captainfalcon_big.tga. So if you want to replace it, name the new one captainfalcon_big.tga and put it into the new files folder. Same for small ones. Run step two and you are done.
Oh, thanks. But I don't quite get it. How do I determine the numbers? Gives me a big headache.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Oops sorry, the original one should be captainfalcon1_big.tga
The numbers are the texture's number + 1, for example an original costume's pac, which is Fit____00, will have a CSP named _______1_big and small one _______1_small
You can always go to the templates folder and open the tga files with GIMP or whatever programs that support tga

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Oops sorry, the original one should be captainfalcon1_big.tga
The numbers are the texture's number + 1, for example an original costume's pac, which is Fit____00, will have a CSP named _______1_big and small one _______1_small
You can always go to the templates folder and open the tga files with GIMP or whatever programs that support tga
Oh! Thanks a lot, now I understand!

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
The tutorial thread still has that misinformation?
I pointed that out on the freaking first page. At least people will realize it now.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
It's too bad it's still a pain in the arse just to get character portraits for everysingle individual portrait. That's like 9 for Wario...lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Glad that someone else followed my strategy for countering this renaming issue. I actually did all of this before this thread was even posted.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
This didn't work for me; info>portrite has nothing in it.
I just noticed that when I go to templates that it only has _big and no _small.
I think that's why it didn't work.. but how do I fix that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This didn't work for me; info>portrite has nothing in it.
I just noticed that when I go to templates that it only has _big and no _small.
I think that's why it didn't work.. but how do I fix that?
First of all, you need to place a series of files, called InfFace###.brres, into the neededfiles folder, and then run step 1.

Once the small portraits have be extracted, place some small portraits into the newfiles folder and execute step 2. When step 2 is done, you should get the new small portraits that you've made in the directory set up, newfiles\info\portrite.

On a side note, it's recommended that the maximum number of colors for the small portraits does not exceed 32 colors.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
Thanks.
On a side note, it's recommended that the maximum number of colors for the small portraits does not exceed 32 colors.
****, I thought it was 72 for that also..

timothyung

Smash Ace
32 colors? No way. I use 240 colors and it works perfectly fine. Just make sure the size of the new file is not larger than the original one.

Top Bottom