• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In defense of Hitler

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
WARNING: I am urging everyone not to reply to the religious part of the above post, because I don't want another god**** religion debate here. The current debate about animals/humans is much more interesting.
However, this is impossible because people will still ignore this and reply, thus you already derailed the thread.
I apologize. But I guess it comes down to peoples' opinions on Hitler's actions. What "we" categorize as "evil" may be different than what others categorize it as.

I'm guessing you categorize what Hitler done as "evil" but you're not religious? I don't know what your beliefs are. I was just trying to say why I believe what I believe.

LET THE DISCUSSION CONTINUE!

For animals/humans, I don't think we should be categorized as an animal. We are definitely more intelligent, and we created the arts and politics. I mean, as far as we have found, there is not an animal near as intelligent as we are, unless we're talking about scaling or something.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
LET THE DISCUSSION CONTINUE!

For animals/humans, I don't think we should be categorized as an animal. We are definitely more intelligent, and we created the arts and politics. I mean, as far as we have found, there is not an animal near as intelligent as we are, unless we're talking about scaling or something.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all a part of the same compost heap. We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Well, you're not very positive...

Just because we decay like every living thing, doesn't mean we should classified as them. And for your information, my mom says I'm very special.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Well, you're not very positive...

Just because we decay like every living thing, doesn't mean we should classified as them. And for your information, my mom says I'm very special.
LoL you never seen fight club?

I'm not going to comment on the other part of your post.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Lol, I've seen it. It was awhile ago, though. Weird movie.

Anyway, does anybody know why scientists have classified us humans as animals? Is it because ape DNA is supposedly like 95% of ours, or what?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all a part of the same compost heap. We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
We're made of the same elements as stars, planets, rocks, and all that, but we're not stars, planets, rocks, etc. We are what we define ourselves as, because guess what? We're the only things in this universe that are defining other things. That alone makes us special.

:034:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Lol, I've seen it. It was awhile ago, though. Weird movie.

Anyway, does anybody know why scientists have classified us humans as animals? Is it because ape DNA is supposedly like 95% of ours, or what?
Out of all the animals we're closest to monkeys or apes or gorillas one of them. If you look at them we are extreemly close them. Then if you look at the cave man and how we evolved from them it makes even more since. Look up the theory of evolution.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Evolution takes more faith to believe in than the Bible does.

Sorry for getting off topic. Anyway, though revenge may be an excuse for some, I don't see it as a suitable reason for killing mass amounts of people regardless, of the race.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
this thread had something going for it but now it seems it's devolved.

so we remember "King Phillip Came Over From Great Spain" yes?

Kingdom: Animalia (ANIMAL)
Phylum: Chordata (Vertebrates)
class: Mammalia (Mammals)
order: Primata (Primates)
family: Hominidae
Genus: HOMO
Species: SAPIENS

This is why we are considered Animals. K? thx.

Meanwhile... the OP reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from Hamlet: Act 2, scene 2.

Hamlet:
What have you, my good friends, deserv'd at the hands of
Fortune, that she sends you to prison hither?

Guildenstern:
Prison, my lord?

Hamlet:
Denmark's a prison.

Rosencrantz:
Then is the world one.

Hamlet:
A goodly one, in which there are many confines, wards, and
dungeons, Denmark being one o' th' worst.

Rosencrantz:
We think not so, my lord.

Hamlet:
Why then 'tis none to you; for there is nothing either good or
bad, but thinking makes it so. To me it is a prison.

Hamlet's not so much indulging in ethical relativism as much as wishing for blissful ignorance, but the scene is often used to illustrate how intellect colors perception, and how perceptions change based on the viewer... as such it fits the theme of the OP quite well.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
nah that factorial is just 1 of a myriad of excuses. the man was bent in the head, I mean you ever read up on "the final solution"haha it's crazy, they literally sat around a table sipping tea and hashing out the details of how to most efficiently wipe out unarmed people. it's not about his reasons, its about how we tend to paint him in hindsight. it cheapens their death. by elevating him to status of super-villain we assign to him a particular value set which makes him less accountable for his actions than if we simply consider him as a very persuasive dictator. And by making this poor contrast, we ourselves fail to learn the valuable lessons that could prevent such a thing from happening again... or so the OP surmises.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Man doesn't learn their lesson. Although Hitler was genius, at least I think so, I think he should be accountable for each live that was taken under his command.

Ambu(ECNAL)

Smash Rookie
Yes, in agreeing in your terms, I'd say propaganda was into play also in which put influence apoun citizens in America to which set up for saying Germans back in the day were classified during the war as all to be "Nazis" which only about the selected population were. This population included all thoses who followed him which were infact "Ayrans". Hitler only based the "Dominant race" to who were able to follow him in his early campaigns. So I don't blame Hitler for his actions but I blame the people who started the mess.

Oh hey there.~<3

Skler

Smash Master
Hitler was a military failure who had at least 2 chances to WIN the war and instead LOST THE WAR. He was not a genius by any means.

He had way more than 2 bad decisions, but only 2 were big enough to warrant saying they lost him the war. The cracked article hits the nail on the head with his biggest one (battle of Britain) but it fails to mention his second biggest one, attacking Russia before he was done with Britain. I guess his third is declaring war on the US, but he might have been able to win that one because he was about ten steps ahead of us.

His eliminate the Jews scheme also tied up men and transportation that would have been extremely helpful for, you know, fighting the two front war he got into.

The article is super wrong about Russia though, Russia survived because the US was dumping supplies into it. Sure, Russia had a lot of people, but 200 million people without guns or ammo are 200 million people who are going to get crushed by the Germans (note: 200 million is just a number I tossed out there, it really doesn't matter how many there were). Russia would not have won the war if Britain lost. Without America's financial backing Russia would have collapsed.

Point I'm trying to make: Hitler was one thing, charismatic. People listened to him for some reason, but maybe it was just because he gave everyone a convenient scapegoat. He was not very smart, he was very loud.

Also, the atom bomb is not worse than 9/11 and anyone who says otherwise is pretty **** stupid. That's like saying the Battle of Gettysburg is worse than 9/11. Just because more people died doesn't mean it was worse, you have to consider the situation.

Wartime = killing is ok, especially if you're targeting military areas.
Peace = killing is bad, especially since you're targeting non-coms.

Oracle

Smash Master
Hating the wealthy is a horrible reason for killing millions of people. That's not justified at all. Maybe had he simply killed the wealthy jews for being stingy, it would have been semi-justifiable. However, Hitler killed the working and lower class Jews as well; these being Jews who also were suffering from Germany's crappy economy.

Pink Reaper has already talked about the Hiroshima comparison. We had to end the war, staying would have been worse, etc.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Won't lie, this wasn't a bad post from the beginning. It caught my attention too. I've always said there is three sides to a story, yours, theirs, and the right one. (lol) If humans are imprefect then don't worry about, we're living in mistakes. I do think Hitler, everything you said, etc is all a bit harsh on both sides, but the only thing I've ever thought as "pure evil" is when you do it without a reason. Example: Evil Kid Buu (lawl). But really, as long as you have a reason at least it makes just a little bit of sense.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Hitler was a military failure who had at least 2 chances to WIN the war and instead LOST THE WAR. He was not a genius by any means.

He had way more than 2 bad decisions, but only 2 were big enough to warrant saying they lost him the war. The cracked article hits the nail on the head with his biggest one (battle of Britain) but it fails to mention his second biggest one, attacking Russia before he was done with Britain. I guess his third is declaring war on the US, but he might have been able to win that one because he was about ten steps ahead of us.

His eliminate the Jews scheme also tied up men and transportation that would have been extremely helpful for, you know, fighting the two front war he got into.

The article is super wrong about Russia though, Russia survived because the US was dumping supplies into it. Sure, Russia had a lot of people, but 200 million people without guns or ammo are 200 million people who are going to get crushed by the Germans (note: 200 million is just a number I tossed out there, it really doesn't matter how many there were). Russia would not have won the war if Britain lost. Without America's financial backing Russia would have collapsed.

Point I'm trying to make: Hitler was one thing, charismatic. People listened to him for some reason, but maybe it was just because he gave everyone a convenient scapegoat. He was not very smart, he was very loud.

Also, the atom bomb is not worse than 9/11 and anyone who says otherwise is pretty **** stupid. That's like saying the Battle of Gettysburg is worse than 9/11. Just because more people died doesn't mean it was worse, you have to consider the situation.

Wartime = killing is ok, especially if you're targeting military areas.
Peace = killing is bad, especially since you're targeting non-coms.
Though I was for Hitler being a semi-genius, you, sir, have changed my beliefs. You have won. Happy birthday. And I like that sentence you put in, "..he was very loud."

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
A interesting read, you have given me yet another point of view to view Hitler in.

At my core however, I still hate the man. Not only because he killed those Jewish people, but also due to the fact that he not only sent out more of his people to die, even when Berlin became a lost cause, and then he took the easy way out by committing suicide with his wife. What is more that he brainwashed his people to the point that they couldn't really think for themselves (With the exception of a group of people eventually slain by the state, Valkyrie was supposed to be based off of a true story if I am not mistaken), which makes that fact even worse.

Germany gave us the jet engine, however (unless the British Meteor came first, I don't know right now), and even made the first rocket-powered attack aircraft ever successfully (to a point) devised. For that, I somewhat thank WWII Germany.

They gave us the beginnings some of the most awesome flying machines on the planet (SR-71, F-22, F-15, Mirage III and Mirage V for me).

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
lol. OP is not that intelligent.

relying on mein kampf for information is about as reliable as relying on tabloids for world news.

Hitler was the head of propaganda for the nazi political party, not some human fighting against the terrible injustices of the war.

Also, hitler didn't even kill jews. The only person he probably ever killed was his wife and himself.

These stupid evil doesn't exist arguments are stupid and boring. If I **** your sister and mom in front of you and then shoot them, you'll think evil exists and so will everyone else who is sane.

You realize that you are still so young and you reject everything you've been indoctrinated by when everyone else in this world has more experience and knowledge than you. Just pick which voice you listen to, you don't have to be the rebel and start making excuses for hitler to justify yourself.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
Wait... are you arguing that no one has morals and we only act a certain way because of the laws set before us?

So... yes or no, if **** and murder were legal, you would feel fine about ****** and murdering someone.
It's been 5 days but i should still answer this.

-I'm saying people create their own morals to justify the laws in place for reasons i've already explained.

-If I were to do so someone could **** and murder me back by revenge, so let's just ask would one ****/murder if he was 100% certain he wouldn't get punished for it? Well it's complicated because I know that such actions create disorder (insecurity, numerous deaths) in our society and may lead to it's desctruction wich will affect me. But the sexual, murderess and domination pulsions are still there in each of us. And now imagining that doing such actions would cause you no harm in any way then there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

pony> yeaaaaaah but no...I think I'll continue thinking for myself and not blindly believe and obey what the elderly think. And if you ***** my mom and sister in front of me and shot them I wouldn't think that your evil because life has no morals and just happened to hit me real bad. Though I would definitely be angry at you and might seek revenge.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
It's been 5 days but i should still answer this.

-I'm saying people create their own morals to justify the laws in place for reasons i've already explained.

-If I were to do so someone could **** and murder me back by revenge, so let's just ask would one ****/murder if he was 100% certain he wouldn't get punished for it? Well it's complicated because I know that such actions create disorder (insecurity, numerous deaths) in our society and may lead to it's desctruction wich will affect me. But the sexual, murderess and domination pulsions are still there in each of us. And now imagining that doing such actions would cause you no harm in any way then there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

pony> yeaaaaaah but no...I think I'll continue thinking for myself and not blindly believe and obey what the elderly think. And if you ***** my mom and sister in front of me and shot them I wouldn't think that your evil because life has no morals and just happened to hit me real bad. Though I would definitely be angry at you and might seek revenge.
I'm sorry, but I don't really agree with your philosophy. I don't know about you, but given the opportunity to kill a person with zero risks involved, I would not be able to do it. I'm sure you'll try to tell me "oh no, it's an urge all humans get, you're just denying it," but this is something I'm sure of. I would not be able to bring myself to kill a person.
I think as humans we have the capacity to empathize and understand other humans, and generally we do not approve of murder because we can comprehend what murder means to the person and his friends/family. When someone does not understand this, they have a disorder. Now, killing in self-defense? That's different. Then you're bringing survival instincts into it, but I'm talking about murder. No, I don't believe that humans have some kind of primal urge to kill and ****.
If morals were some kind of social construct, the human race would not have made it to this point.

Skler

Smash Master
It's called having a ****ing heart, sand whale. You don't always avoid doing mean things because you're afraid of consequences, you don't do mean things because you think "what if this were to happen to me?"

Maybe you don't follow the golden rule, but not everyone is that much of a douche. Some people are, what's the word I'm looking for, good people.

You must have a bleak outlook on life if you think that anyone would **** and murder a person if they thought it would have no adverse effects.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
relying on mein kampf for information is about as reliable as relying on tabloids for world news.
It is reliable, however, in the fact that it opens a window into Hitler's mind while he was in imprisoned. You are trying to exaggerate and impose a view of unreliability by comparing a small book made a page at a time to thousands of newspapers made on everyday of the week except for Sundays that come off the. Hitler was one person, not a whole herd of people.

In other words, you did a bad job at an analogy.

Hitler was the head of propaganda for the nazi political party, not some human fighting against the terrible injustices of the war.
Point in bold is true, but to say that Hitler wasn't motivated by something other than a concept created by the human mind is ludicrous. Nobody except the truly insane have no real reason to do things. We can only call the actions of Hitler words like "insane" and "lunatic". Just because a person kills someone doesn't mean they are unsound of mind. It has been proven in courts with insanity tests, alot of killers of which had failed the insanity test.

It is possible for human beings to kill people, and still be sound of mind, because they came to conclusions molded by external and internal information (Environmental interaction with people and situations, and personal morals) which lead to the death of a person or persons. The need for money is a perfect example.

I even defended the Columbine Shooters to an extent. Here is why.

While I recognize what they did is wrong, and conflicts with my sense of morality, it is entirely possible for the shooters to have been completely sane, and enacted upon conclusions they reached through rational thought.

Also, to put an even bigger nail into the proverbial coffin for this part of your statement, I present to you the Merriam Webster definition of the word Insane, and I quote.

www.merriam-webster.com said:
Main Entry: in·sane
Pronunciation: \(ˌ)in-ˈsān\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin insanus, from in- + sanus sane
Date: circa 1550

1 : mentally disordered : exhibiting insanity
2 : used by, typical of, or intended for insane persons <an insane asylum>
3 : absurd <an insane scheme for making money>
4 : extreme 1
That is not to say however, that he could not have been insane by the time he committed suicide.

Also, hitler didn't even kill jews. The only person he probably ever killed was his wife and himself.
So you deny the existence of Auschwitz and deny the fact he oppressed the Jewish people, as well as committed terrible things upon them? Okay.

These stupid evil doesn't exist arguments are stupid and boring. If I **** your sister and mom in front of you and then shoot them, you'll think evil exists and so will everyone else who is sane.
So you imply the anyone who does not acknowledge, or decides out of personal choice to deny the existence of evil to be insane? Need I quote Webster again?

Unfortunately for you, his post goes deeper than that. You are simply being ignorant of that fact. This is a person's objective view of Hitler as opposed to the image of him people are indoctrinated with in our history textbooks, which are terribly biased, and thusly, extremely flawed informations sources, and it is all because of the fallacy known as "political correctness". His post goes through different rationalizations in order to see Hitler in a different way from everyone else.

So he has a different opinion or view of someone you disdain because of his history. Deal with it.

You realize that you are still so young and you reject everything you've been indoctrinated by when everyone else in this world has more experience and knowledge than you. Just pick which voice you listen to, you don't have to be the rebel and start making excuses for hitler to justify yourself.
That is his choice, and he is free to that choice, as well as being able to express it.

Why do people reject some of the things they have been indoctrinated by? They want to be individuals, they want to think differently than others do, they want fork away from the crowd and find their own opinion, which comes from a mash of things they gather from the varied opinions of others.

Who has more knowledge and experience in this world? I perhaps venture a guess that you fancy yourself as such a person, when in all likelihood, you are just like he is, but you are objecting to something he thinks about that you disagree with him on, and are attempting to change his view.

Your counter to his post is backed up by nothing but your personal morality, and what you have been taught in schools, plus a part of history you choose to think did not, or does not exist. You have not succeeded.

He isn't making excuses for Hitler, that is just how you wish to perceive it because you believe his post is a "evil does not exist" argument, and refuse to see it as anything other than that.

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
It is reliable, however, in the fact that it opens a window into Hitler's mind while he was in imprisoned. You are trying to exaggerate and impose a view of unreliability by comparing a small book made a page at a time to thousands of newspapers made on everyday of the week except for Sundays that come off the. Hitler was one person, not a whole herd of people.

In other words, you did a bad job at an analogy.
No, I did a good job on my research, and you did a bad job on typing and understanding anything.
"Hitler was sent to Landsberg Castle in Munich to serve his prison sentence. While there he wrote Four Years of Struggle against Lies, Stupidity, and Cowardice. Hitler's publisher reduced it to My Struggle (Mein Kampf). The book is a mixture of autobiography, political ideas and an explanation of the techniques of propaganda. The autobiographical details in Mein Kampf are often inaccurate, and the main purpose of this part of the book appears to be to provide a positive image of Hitler. For example, when Hitler was living a life of leisure in Vienna he claims he was working hard as a labourer. "
from http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/GERnazi.htm

I said he wrote lies cause he did. Now stop being a **** and accept it. I'm not trying to fool anybody, Im telling the truth, and you're being a f@g.

Point in bold is true, but to say that Hitler wasn't motivated by something other than a concept created by the human mind is ludicrous. Nobody except the truly insane have no real reason to do things. We can only call the actions of Hitler words like "insane" and "lunatic". Just because a person kills someone doesn't mean they are unsound of mind. It has been proven in courts with insanity tests, alot of killers of which had failed the insanity test.

It is possible for human beings to kill people, and still be sound of mind, because they came to conclusions molded by external and internal information (Environmental interaction with people and situations, and personal morals) which lead to the death of a person or persons. The need for money is a perfect example.

I even defended the Columbine Shooters to an extent. Here is why.

While I recognize what they did is wrong, and conflicts with my sense of morality, it is entirely possible for the shooters to have been completely sane, and enacted upon conclusions they reached through rational thought.

Also, to put an even bigger nail into the proverbial coffin for this part of your statement, I present to you the Merriam Webster definition of the word Insane, and I quote.

That is not to say however, that he could not have been insane by the time he committed suicide.
I don't even think he was insane, just really smart and pissed off.

So your whole poorly worded, badly organized, and fallacious wall of text is null and void.
So you deny the existence of Auschwitz and deny the fact he oppressed the Jewish people, as well as committed terrible things upon them? Okay.
No, you're good at really bad misreadings aren't you?
Hitler didn't kill people, he had several armies and police forces to do it for him. You can't even say that people like adolf eichmann killed people, they just organized the thing.

So you imply the anyone who does not acknowledge, or decides out of personal choice to deny the existence of evil to be insane? Need I quote Webster again?

Unfortunately for you, his post goes deeper than that. You are simply being ignorant of that fact. This is a person's objective view of Hitler as opposed to the image of him people are indoctrinated with in our history textbooks, which are terribly biased, and thusly, extremely flawed informations sources, and it is all because of the fallacy known as "political correctness". His post goes through different rationalizations in order to see Hitler in a different way from everyone else.

So he has a different opinion or view of someone you disdain because of his history. Deal with it.
Not insane, just stupid.

Gosh you're frustrating. Learn to read.

Indoctrinated... stupid kid, you can be one of those ******** deconstructionist people all you want, but you still believe in something. You trust your senses of reason, even though you have no proof that they are real: I guess you've been indoctrinated into that terrible dogma, poor soul that you are.

Everything is biased, get over it. I'm not spewing out of any textbook I read... anything that you learned was from something else, so are you calling yourself indoctrinated? No, you must be somehow free from this terrible injustice that tries to control people and enslave them.

Liberal dumb*** that you are, you are right that history is written by winners. But it doesn't matter, because when Nazi's say that the holocaust never happened, they aren't some poor group fighting against the biased history of the winners. There liars. The camps are there, there are bodies, videos, and photos, and thousands of terrible stories.

Kid, use your head: you should be smart enough to be able to read a biased source and not ***** about it, but still pull the facts out of it. I guess I'm just a lot smarter than you.

You know these things called opinions? Surprisingly they can be wrong. If it's my opinion that world peace could be achieved by killing all chinese people, it's my opinion, but it's also a wrong opinion.

Moral of the story is: you can't read or understand so go die.

That is his choice, and he is free to that choice, as well as being able to express it.

Why do people reject some of the things they have been indoctrinated by? They want to be individuals, they want to think differently than others do, they want fork away from the crowd and find their own opinion, which comes from a mash of things they gather from the varied opinions of others.

Who has more knowledge and experience in this world? I perhaps venture a guess that you fancy yourself as such a person, when in all likelihood, you are just like he is, but you are objecting to something he thinks about that you disagree with him on, and are attempting to change his view.
I'm not censoring him, I'm just calling him wrong, which I can do. If you say I can't you're doing the same thing to me. I don't have a problem with expression, that's why I should be able to say how ridiculous his and your viewpoints are.

You use this word indoctrination like I've become a slave of some school of thought. I think I've already told you that you sound like a liberal nutjob who has no sense of reason and feels his way through life, but I'll do it again. You're telling me I'm indoctrinated: you have no evidence or any indication, other than I believe the majority opinion in the West about hitler (read: he was bad). It's not indoctrination, it's called using my head.

I don't really care if I change his view. It was actually thought provoking and interesting. But hopefully undecided people won't just read it and jump on, because they wouldn't have really thought about it as much as he did. That's another issue, I'll explain when you're older.
Your counter to his post is backed up by nothing but your personal morality, and what you have been taught in schools, plus a part of history you choose to think did not, or does not exist. You have not succeeded.

He isn't making excuses for Hitler, that is just how you wish to perceive it because you believe his post is a "evil does not exist" argument, and refuse to see it as anything other than that.
My personal morality was not taught to me by my parents or by any other things. It's a combination of many authors, many views, and my own senses of life. And its still developing every day.

If I got taught that hitler started a war cause of hid lust for power in school, how is that not desirable?

How do you learn anything? Books, internet, teachers, or you experience it. Ok.... what is your point? If I learned history in school or read it in a book, what are you strung up about? Do you hate learning or something? I wouldn't be surprised.

It's not just an evil does not exist argument. Papers can be more than one thing, young grasshopper. And I don't even think it was an evil DNE argument now that I read it again.

You didn't understand or read anything that I posted. Good job n00b, you look and sound like a complete tool who can't use his head and assumes and feels everything he says. Try harder next time.

Oracle

Smash Master
ITT: Dumb teenage contrarians troll the everloving **** out of smashboards.

^ TLDR; but you don't have to be so disrespectful with your posts.

EDIT: After reading most of that argument, I feel the need to point out that while all morality is subjective, there are still standards of morality. It may not have been wrong in Hitler's mind, but it was wrong in everyone else's minds. So who do we decide is right? After all, when something like this makes as large an outcome as the lives of millions of people, there has to be someone who is right.

The only real way to decide the standards is by the majority of people. That's how we consider something to be right.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
To the post above: The right answer is that standard moral is decided by what the most powerful want which often means the majority so his answer is understandable.

I'm sorry, but I don't really agree with your philosophy. I don't know about you, but given the opportunity to kill a person with zero risks involved, I would not be able to do it. I'm sure you'll try to tell me "oh no, it's an urge all humans get, you're just denying it," but this is something I'm sure of. I would not be able to bring myself to kill a person.
I think as humans we have the capacity to empathize and understand other humans, and generally we do not approve of murder because we can comprehend what murder means to the person and his friends/family. When someone does not understand this, they have a disorder. Now, killing in self-defense? That's different. Then you're bringing survival instincts into it, but I'm talking about murder. No, I don't believe that humans have some kind of primal urge to kill and ****.
If morals were some kind of social construct, the human race would not have made it to this point.
Now with all these years of constructing yourself this mindset I can believe you wouldn't kill for no reason. Though there are reasons other than self-defence that might make you change but we don't know that and I'm not gonna talk about that. But you weren't born like this it's your education that made you so. It's commonly agreed on in psychology that our sexual, agressilf pulsions do exist but we control them because of the need the cohabitat in society. And yes I've already stated that people condemn **** and murder because they don't want it to happen to them.

And serioulsy don't say I've got a disorder for not thinking like you. I assure you I'm a sane and logical person with emotions. I think that even with are opposing view points we can get along.And about your last sentence: It's BECAUSE of the moral social construction that we have come this far!

It's called having a ****ing heart, sand whale. You don't always avoid doing mean things because you're afraid of consequences, you don't do mean things because you think "what if this were to happen to me?"

Maybe you don't follow the golden rule, but not everyone is that much of a douche. Some people are, what's the word I'm looking for, good people.

You must have a bleak outlook on life if you think that anyone would **** and murder a person if they thought it would have no adverse effects.
Guess what? I like life and I like people. More than you do judging by the frustration and hate flowing through your post. You have a very immature way of seeing life but I don't look down on you for that. Maybe you find peace of mind in that pink bubble which you live in. In this era of peace, comfort and security people quickly forget their "dark" nature but it always comes back in times of panick.

I almost forgot: Yes people don't want to hurt because they're scared of it happening to them. That's not respecting other people it's saving your own but.

Skler

Smash Master
My way of seeing life is immature? Being emo isn't being mature, neither is assuming people are all backstabbing *******s who would kill you to make a quick buck. It's ok, some day you'll realize there's good in people.

It isn't terror that powers the "what if this happened to me" mentality, it's not wanting to put other people through pain. For an elementary school example lets say I really want to get to the front of the lunch line. I may consider *gasp* cutting the line but then I might think to myself "why should I make everyone else wait longer? That'd sure suck" and not do it. I'm not afraid of other people cutting me, I just don't feel like being an asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom