• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impossible Gainesville Tournament (No date)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
What we do is illegal, but it is highly unlikely that we will ever be charged for it. I've only seen landlords and school officials have real problems with it
I can personally attest to that.

I got kicked out of my apartment because of it. :(

Renth

Smash Hero
whatever happened with the whole, "you cant gamble" bs?
more kids with 08 join dates :laugh:

Nothing is considered gambling if you're entering a competition that takes any form of skill. If the "you cant gamble" bs then they wouldn't be televising professional poker.

so yes, playing brawl is gambling there's no skill involved.

Masky

Smash Master
Yeah Brawl is all chance... that's why the top4 at every tournament totally aren't consistently the same players

But to explain Lio's post we know smash tournaments aren't gambling since there is skill involved (just like chess tournaments aren't gambling, not comparing smash to chess), but we were originally trying to host this tournament through a school-sponsored club (since it's cheaper), but the misinformed/angry people in charge of the club said that it's not allowed since it's considered gambling.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
more kids with 08 join dates :laugh:

Nothing is considered gambling if you're entering a competition that takes any form of skill. If the "you cant gamble" bs then they wouldn't be televising professional poker.

You're pretty ignorant, "oh mayun he joined in 08! he has less of an opinion than anyone else" go DIAF

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
actually i talked to this kid Rukuu at FIU and he was telling me that if we include some sort of "trophy" and have some sort of "prize money" then its not gambling. In other words, we get say a sonic doll, put all the money we get into an envelope titled "prize money" and thats pretty much it. if UF wants to get technical, we could get even more technical.

EDIT: i just read some up the post up there and seriously, who the F*** cares if I joined 08?

also, is anonymous cash mooney?

mc4

Smash Journeyman
22nd, thats cool with me thats like next saturday i'm assuming, i got a few friends i could bring to do it too, probably around4 maybe more if its set in stone i'll start lettin everyone that i can know

Masky

Smash Master
22nd, thats cool with me thats like next saturday i'm assuming, i got a few friends i could bring to do it too, probably around4 maybe more if its set in stone i'll start lettin everyone that i can know
this tournament is cancelled lol, sorry if the thread is confusing

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Hey rock my friend said theres a bunch of brawl activity up at UF. I told them a few melee pros are there.

I told him your name, but i always say "Rockcock"

Rockcock was a running joke with my friends at HS...long story.

It was really funny to hear his reaction, he couldn't believe it.
Anyways I plan on going up to UF to visit him one weekend, prob after christmas. Ill bring a car full of melee players. Where do yall play up there? a place that could hold 10 + people

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I do, if you joined in 08 it probably means you play brawl and that game is garbage :chuckle:
Lio's not a brawl scrub he played link and falco in melee and uses toon link in a style that combined link and falco's projectiles. he loves it when i complain about it.

but yeah hes a scrub for not joining smashboards earlier haha

Masky

Smash Master
I joined December 2007 so I'm obviously better than you all...

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
lol, actually i had no idea about these boards. I played straight up ssb64 and picked up melee a couple of months before brawl came out. Everything i learned was from youtube. Am I still a scrub for picking smash 64 over melee? nothing beats pikachus neutral air anyway :D

edit: and yea now that i think about it....i did kinda merge melee falco and link to make brawl toon link....never really thought about it....

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I think We here at Tally wouldn't have a problem comin up 2 give ya'll a good thrashing lol j/k. But yeah Fluxxed Up would def come support yawl.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
All tournaments will have better attendance if you hold both melee and brawl.

Masky

Smash Master
I think We here at Tally wouldn't have a problem comin up 2 give ya'll a good thrashing lol j/k. But yeah Fluxxed Up would def come support yawl.
Glad to hear it, thanks for the support :)

All tournaments will have better attendance if you hold both melee and brawl.
Yeah we'll definitely have both games when we hold a tournament here one day, it's Gville after all :)

Top Bottom