• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[IMPORTANT ] Go to NCR!!!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Ok, I'd like to tell everyone something really important which I'm not sure many people have realized yet.

The seeding for Melee at EVO is gonna be based on the Road to EVO qualifiers, and they will not let us seed the tournament manually. You know what this means?

-> SoCal Regionals is already over
-> UFGT9 and CEO 2013 are not having Melee at their events
-> WinterBrawl is going on right now, with an extremely dismal attendance in which random people will be given seeding points

-> the only tournament left is NorCal Regionals, April 26-28th in California!

If you want to get seeding points for EVO, you have to go to NCR, there is no other way.

Everyone please go unless you want EVO's bracket to be a complete mess. I'm especially looking at you top players.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Not sure whose idea it was to host a tournament same day as Winter Brawl 7 and draw M2k and potentially PP and other good players away from it, but it was dumb.

Like really dumb.
-DD

Bones0

Smash Legend
VG Bootcamp was originally hosting Melee at Xanadu, and when they heard about Winter Brawl, they cancelled Melee. They put it back in the lineup because PP, M2K, and others had expressed interest in going to Xanadu on Saturday and going up to Winter Brawl for singles on Sunday. If they didn't go to Winter Brawl, it's not because another tournament was hosted.

Also, convincing Evo organizers to base seedings off of non-Evo qualifiers seems like a much more reasonable solution than trying to get everyone to attend an event on one of the coasts. I don't see why they wouldn't let us use other tournaments to seed when they know we only had 2 Evo qualifiers...

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Yeah it'd be pretty boneheaded to use EVO seeding points when there were hardly any EVO qualifiers that had melee. Such a small sample of data would probably be useless for accurate seeding.

Bones0

Smash Legend
How is it not going to change anything? You really think tens of thousands of people will see a classic game like Melee on stream and not one person will be the least bit intrigued?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
How is it not going to change anything? You really think tens of thousands of people will see a classic game like Melee on stream and not one person will be the least bit intrigued?
You don't get it. He means the EVO staff is not gonna change the way seeding works just for us.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^yeah.

I'm not totally sure though, they want the tournament to run smoothly, I suppose people who can should work on going to NCR and we'll see what happens from there.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm pretty sure there's going to be a Melee EVO qualifier in Toronto in May. So that's another option for some top East Coast players.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im talking about european players or such that obviously need seeding. the sort of people who wont attend any events in america until evo itself

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, I acknowledge there is a big problem here. Just pointing out that East Coast players still have a shot at EVO points without traveling cross-country.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible that seeding by EVO points won't be absurd at this point? I doubt they're giving people points from Winter Brawl 7.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
[citation needed]
Last night on the MIOM show, Prog told us that Alex Strife asked Mr Wizard about giving out EVO seeding points at Zenith, and we got a hard no in response to that. And I'd think if any Melee event would have a shot at being allowed to do that, it would have been Zenith. There has been talk about EVO seeding events in Europe and Japan though.

So everyone come out for NCR, and everyone on the EC go to Toryuken!

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't Apex 2013 be used for EVO seeding?

I understand they want official "Road to EVO" events to be the only sources of seeding points, but in this case it would be super practical to make an exception for Melee.

This also addresses the problem of seeding international players.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think it's fine. Yeah, it sucks we probably won't get the level of seeding we get at our grassroots events, but that comes with the territory. We knew what we were getting into when we did the first donation drive. This is for the best of the best. The seeding won't affect the top 8 much and that's what matters for us here.

Revven

FrankerZ
Point is, people need to go to these events. It hurts our community's image when <50 players attend an event like Winter Brawl 7. It makes us look like we don't care and just want to go to EVO. Hurts our relations with the TOs of these tournaments, too.

It should not be like that at all. NCR should hopefully have good numbers because Scar, Hyuga, and Boback will likely be promoting the **** out of it. I say hopefully for a good reason.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Me and a friend of mine are trying to go to NCR but seeing if its smart to buy our Evo plane tickets now or later, Dont know if tickets will be cheaper and now they are around 350 and up from The East Coast.

If anybody has a hook up pr something on plane tickets let me know and Ill Come and get alot of NCR Footage and bring a really Good player with me.

Top Bottom