• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Importance of SHTL?

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
West Lafayette as in West Lafayette Indiana? Are you going to Renegade's tournament this Saturday?
Im back home from school but I have been to his tournament before I hang with Be@st, HD, Kryz, Jayford, NJzFinest but yea when I go back to school i'll be at them if he has them

P.S.A for all fox mainers
(I main fox and consider myself top 4 at the least even though ive only been to a few tourneys)
Erhm....yea I really doubt that. I'm need some proof to back that up. Even still there are other Foxes breaking into high level play such as Light, NBK, Uzi, and I'm finally making there it too. Also there are our high level Foxes, TKD, Trevonte, CloudRain, Lyslek (sorry people if I forgot you). So yea once again I highly doubt this.
Yea I still believe Im top four though lol. Im just getting into the tourney seen really and hopefully I can get my name out there but I seriously think im top four at least

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
1)Post vids >.>
2) No if you are just getting in the tourney sence you are not top 4
3) post vids of your gameplay at tourney

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Im back home from school but I have been to his tournament before I hang with Be@st, HD, Kryz, Jayford, NJzFinest but yea when I go back to school i'll be at them if he has them

Yea I still believe Im top four though lol. Im just getting into the tourney seen really and hopefully I can get my name out there but I seriously think im top four at least
Were you at Renegade's last tourneys? What did you enter as? If so I don't remember you lol. But yeah, I know of them. Renegade has a tournament this Saturday and you should show up.

Sorry to say though unless you're beating Krys/Ren/Count then you aren't among the top 4 Foxes lol. TKD, Zeton are top 2, then it's kinda iffy because the next best ones (Rookie, Samboner, Curaga) aren't all that active, regardless though that's five players that have all made a huge name for themselves, and that's not to mention all the Fox mains out there already.

A lot of people think they're good before they go to their first tourney. Most people aren't. I was kinda the same way :x. At the least, there's no way to prove yourself unless you show good and consistent tourney results. And, no offense, but since you're missing out on key elements of smash theory, think spotdodges beat everything, and most players don't have the ability to read opponents, then you probably aren't a high or top level player.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
P.S.A for all fox mainers
(I main fox and consider myself top 4 at the least even though ive only been to a few tourneys)

Have you been drinking?

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Were you at Renegade's last tourneys? What did you enter as? If so I don't remember you lol. But yeah, I know of them. Renegade has a tournament this Saturday and you should show up.

Sorry to say though unless you're beating Krys/Ren/Count then you aren't among the top 4 Foxes lol. TKD, Zeton are top 2, then it's kinda iffy because the next best ones (Rookie, Samboner, Curaga) aren't all that active, regardless though that's five players that have all made a huge name for themselves, and that's not to mention all the Fox mains out there already.

A lot of people think they're good before they go to their first tourney. Most people aren't. I was kinda the same way :x. At the least, there's no way to prove yourself unless you show good and consistent tourney results. And, no offense, but since you're missing out on key elements of smash theory, think spotdodges beat everything, and most players don't have the ability to read opponents, then you probably aren't a high or top level player.
Ehh we'll see im sure i could ive played Krys many times and he is easily the best out of all of them and I have plenty of match up training aganist snakes. Diddy Kongs are a diff story never played a good one before.

Have you been drinking?
NO

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
I'm just waiting for some vids of you or some tourney results
Thats fine ill be glad to upload a vid when i get the chance. It'll hopefully help out some of the other fox mainers because some of the things i see in the video thread are facepalm worthy. I live and breath fox and I have learned alot about him as a character and his abilities. You have to be really consistent input wise to be good with fox which is why you dont see that many good ones. Typical fox players will do auto canceled aerials all day and have no clue how to put them in play. I have watched alot of fox vids and the best I have seen are Rookie, Tkd, Samboner(yea he is old new but he was good) and Uzi after that im not sure

good thats what you tell the police
now give me some of that stuff that your on, its obviously working really well
I think you should stop talking

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Leave em alone guys.

Just tell him hes good and once he gets last or so at his first "important" tourney, he will know his place.

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:
not if he is seeded against people who spotdodge three times in a row......oh wait nm he will get last there too

TKD

Smash Lord
Top 4 Fox...in what; the world?
That's a very wild and uninformed guess.

I know there aren't many in the U.S.; but Trevonte, Zeton, Rookie and Atomsk alone put you out of top 4.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Top 4 Fox...in what; the world?
That's a very wild and uninformed guess.

I know there aren't many in the U.S.; but Trevonte, Zeton, Rookie and Atomsk alone put you out of top 4.
All have been taken into consideration and I have compared my gameplay style to each so i wouldnt call it a guess more of a claim lol

TKD

Smash Lord
Stating that you're a good player compared to other Fox isn't a proud claim though...and it's a bit disrespectful. How about you rather become number one in your area? The rest of us aren't even competing with you and would give our full support if you weren't this territorial.

Leave the competition for a character that's actually played by good players.

\/ It's cool. I know I've made a lot of statements I'm ashamed of.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Stating that you're a good player compared to other Fox isn't a proud claim though...and it's a bit disrespectful. How about you rather become number one in your area? The rest of us aren't even competing with you and would give our full support if you weren't this territorial.

Leave the competition for a character that's actually played by good players.
Coming from in my eyes the best fox ill retract my statement and save it for the future when I get back going to tourneys. I apologize if I disrespected anyone it wasnt meant for that purpose

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Coming from in my eyes the best fox ill retract my statement and save it for the future when I get back going to tourneys. I apologize if I disrespected anyone it wasnt meant for that purpose
ROFLMFAO! It took the current best Fox for this guys to realize he made an *** of himself.

Thank you TKD. We love you.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I never admitted to that but like I said ill save it for the future when I have actual proof of my ability.
>_<

Never admit what exactly? You said that you retracted your statement that you were one of the top 4 Foxes after TKD set you straight.

However, when the smashboards Fox community said you probably aren't, you went on and on saying how you are amazing, you dropped names like Be@st, HD, Kryz, Jayford, NJzFinest in order to hype yourself up.

So in conclusion, I play with Chu Dat, NEO, Boss, Candy, Korn, Junebug, Takeover, and Logic. So does that make me one of the top Fox players? No.

Whether you like it or not, you made yourself an *** when you continued to proclaim you were one of the top 4 Foxes. I am not trying to make this into a huge flame war. I am just trying to point out something that you obviously are oblivious to.

I honestly didn't believe the hype of the legend that is TKD when I first heard of him. However, he kept playing, kept getting better, and proved himself in tourneys. Never once has he come on to smashboards, saying that he is the best, and I respect him for it. He is mad humble and is a HUGE asset to the Fox community. You one the other hand, have yet to prove anything and probably will continue to be seen as a donkey's butt until you have done something note worthy.

Sorry for the long rant guys. I have been following the thread and I just got tired just being eyes in the audience.

TL;DR: Try not to say you are the best unless you have proof to back it up.

4Biddin, it's not like I don't like you, you are just new, and your attitude kind of struck a nerve with the Foxes. I like you Ulquiorra avatar =D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I didnt really bother to read this whole post war but did bidden claim to be in top 4 foxes while also claiming he's yet to go to a tourney?

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
>_<

Never admit what exactly? You said that you retracted your statement that you were one of the top 4 Foxes after TKD set you straight.

However, when the smashboards Fox community said you probably aren't, you went on and on saying how you are amazing, you dropped names like Be@st, HD, Kryz, Jayford, NJzFinest in order to hype yourself up.

So in conclusion, I play with Chu Dat, NEO, Boss, Candy, Korn, Junebug, Takeover, and Logic. So does that make me one of the top Fox players? No.

Whether you like it or not, you made yourself an *** when you continued to proclaim you were one of the top 4 Foxes. I am not trying to make this into a huge flame war. I am just trying to point out something that you obviously are oblivious to.

I honestly didn't believe the hype of the legend that is TKD when I first heard of him. However, he kept playing, kept getting better, and proved himself in tourneys. Never once has he come on to smashboards, saying that he is the best, and I respect him for it. He is mad humble and is a HUGE asset to the Fox community. You one the other hand, have yet to prove anything and probably will continue to be seen as a donkey's butt until you have done something note worthy.

Sorry for the long rant guys. I have been following the thread and I just got tired just being eyes in the audience.

TL;DR: Try not to say you are the best unless you have proof to back it up.

4Biddin, it's not like I don't like you, you are just new, and your attitude kind of struck a nerve with the Foxes. I like you Ulquiorra avatar =D
Thanks lol.

But I don't believe my claim to be false because their werent THAT many great foxes to begin with. I just felt I had a playstyle that was smart and able to get major wins so I just let it be known. Never seen a problem claiming to be one of the best players with a character that isnt played that much. But TKD pointed out that it could be disrespectful so i just retracted my statement so I could help mend the damage I made.

But like I said ill save it for when i gets some vids or something and let you guys judge me from there but I am sure you will be impressed. Not saying im prefect but this is not something you just go out and say without having valid confidence in your abilities because someone can call you out on it at anytime.

He said he's been to a few tourneys.

Not sure what he placed. He didn't mention it.
Been to two played the first with pika and it didnt fair to well since I had only been playing him for like a week.

Second one I didnt participate but played a bunch of friendlies and owned pretty well so that gave me a gage on how good my fox was.

PBnJ

Smash Cadet
Well jeez, if you can beat people in friendlies and be top 4 I must be top 8 because I just sandbag against lv 3 snakes and I still **** them.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Well jeez, if you can beat people in friendlies and be top 4 I must be top 8 because I just sandbag against lv 3 snakes and I still **** them.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!
He's a joke

My my Im trying to be nice but Ill just say it now neither of you 3 could beat me actually I doubt you could even take a stock. you guys are a joke who are you????

You are unknown to the smash world and you probably will stay that way while im just getting into the scene and will most likily shut you guys up

LMAO you guys are funny

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
aha! little do you realize that it is infact you who are the funny one.

listern I'll say this as nicely as I can.

1. saying your one of the top 4 foxes IS saying your better then basically everything on here, not knowing/realizing that that could be found offensive proves that you are very very stupid, so there goes your arguement of a smart playstyle.

2. only an idiot hypes himself up, tkd is the best fox and he doesnt go around saying so, everyone else does.
if you want to be ackowledged for being good (which clearly you do) then instead of making wild claims with no real proof (which also proves that you are very very stupid, because you thinking that anyone would take a claim like that without proof seriously is dumb)
all you should be doing is going and placing well and letting others see and talk for themselves.

3. if your wondering why everyone is so sure that your ****, its because not a single day goes past where some guy doesnt show up and be like "hey guys I havnt been to a tourney yet but I've seen your vids and I can even dacus consistently, I'M SO GOOD, I RECKON I'M TOP 2 IN THE WORLD, OH YEAH!" we've seen it a thousand times before, your nothing new, just because mummy and daddy and school told you that all you have to do is try hard and believe and you can acheive anything, doesnt mean you actually can.
welcome to the cold hard reality of the world, where no matter how good you are, theres always 600 people better then you.

4. everyone reckons they can move up the ranks quickly, but rarely does it happen, so go to a few top tourneys and prove me wrong. (not gonna happen, but you can at least try right?)

either that, or your a mad troll, if not, get rolled.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
aha! little do you realize that it is infact you who are the funny one.

listern I'll say this as nicely as I can.

1. saying your one of the top 4 foxes IS saying your better then basically everything on here, not knowing/realizing that that could be found offensive proves that you are very very stupid, so there goes your arguement of a smart playstyle.

2. only an idiot hypes himself up, tkd is the best fox and he doesnt go around saying so, everyone else does.
if you want to be ackowledged for being good (which clearly you do) then instead of making wild claims with no real proof (which also proves that you are very very stupid, because you thinking that anyone would take a claim like that without proof seriously is dumb)
all you should be doing is going and placing well and letting others see and talk for themselves.

3. if your wondering why everyone is so sure that your ****, its because not a single day goes past where some guy doesnt show up and be like "hey guys I havnt been to a tourney yet but I've seen your vids and I can even dacus consistently, I'M SO GOOD, I RECKON I'M TOP 2 IN THE WORLD, OH YEAH!" we've seen it a thousand times before, your nothing new, just because mummy and daddy and school told you that all you have to do is try hard and believe and you can acheive anything, doesnt mean you actually can.
welcome to the cold hard reality of the world, where no matter how good you are, theres always 600 people better then you.

4. everyone reckons they can move up the ranks quickly, but rarely does it happen, so go to a few top tourneys and prove me wrong. (not gonna happen, but you can at least try right?)

either that, or your a mad troll, if not, get rolled.
I not reading your post man.

Its called competition man end of story get over it.....

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
get over what, it doesnt affect me in the slightest, I live in a different country, I just couldnt resist calling you an idiot in an elaborate manner.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
get over what, it doesnt affect me in the slightest, I live in a different country, I just couldnt resist calling you an idiot in an elaborate manner.
It wasnt that elaborate just overly wordy.

Get over the fact I said it. Its true sorry if it hurts your feelings enough for you to post about it.
Its not called trolling.

What makes you think I should take into account anyones word when it comes to how good I am? No one here has really made a name for them self besides TKD so we are all in the same boat. So no one here can say "He is an idiot" or "He is ****" At the end of the day we are all just some random smashers posting on a forum. I just so happen to be an actual good one

Top Bottom