• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-IMPACT- New Jersey Brawl crew-are we even a crew anymore? i miss you guys =(

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Hm. The "jokes" part wasn't necessary, I can already hear your sarcasm without that. >_> *shrug* Want to play a friendly there just for the hell of it? It'd be better than wifi, that's for sure. =P

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Hm. The "jokes" part wasn't necessary, I can already hear your sarcasm without that. >_> *shrug* Want to play a friendly there just for the hell of it? It'd be better than wifi, that's for sure. =P
of course tiff. XD

Tbagz, whatever you do, do NOT pull an xzax...
what exactly is a xzax
If tbagz goes to tournies he might be better than...(jokes xD)

See what I did thar?
yeah, i already know im bad at brawl. dont rub it in.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I just was trying to show it it's mean to say someone's not good. I don't do that normally. It's funny how u treat hardcore brawlers tho :p

Also I think an Xzax is being 11, according to dmbrandon.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
An xzax is losing to Tiffany (Chibi) and her friend in teams. xzax and Dave did this last weekend.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
I just was trying to show it it's mean to say someone's not good. I don't do that normally. It's funny how u treat hardcore brawlers tho :p

Also I think an Xzax is being 11, according to dmbrandon.
as in hes 11 years old?

An xzax is losing to Tiffany (Chibi) and her friend in teams. xzax and Dave did this last weekend.
thats sad.

Of course he was. It came down to xzax vs. Chibi, and he got *****. LOL
very sad, i guess hes not good then

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Yeah yeah, I know it was all in good fun against Xzax. I believe he's actually 13...? He's definitely better than me, though I did get him to start standing up while playing our last stock. xD

***** him? Definitely not. Accomplishment on my part? Yes. =P

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah yeah, I know it was all in good fun against Xzax. I believe he's actually 13...? He's definitely better than me, though I did get him to start standing up while playing our last stock. xD

Really? Next time, just pick snake hold forward and when he comes next to you, shield. If he hits your shield f-tilt twice. When he gets to around 80-100ish percent, up-tilt.

Oh you can use jabs too I guess.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman

proud of you! XD

cowtipper: maybe he needs to PAWNCH more? or perhaps do a barrel roll?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
ewwww cowtipper???

btw i changed my mind i'll do random dittos for $1 best of 5 (one reset allowed, meaning if i get someone i have no clue how to use and u get ur main, i can call for a reset, or vice versa)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Yes!, I'll also random MM you for $1 with a reset, best of 9 though (it's even more fun that way, yay).

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
ewwww cowtipper???

btw i changed my mind i'll do random dittos for $1 best of 5 (one reset allowed, meaning if i get someone i have no clue how to use and u get ur main, i can call for a reset, or vice versa)
cowtipper its your name on here XD (i did it because i know you put it under your location "name is YES! not cowtipper" lol.)

but yeah that sounds good, i dont even know who u main, lol.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Teczero, any advice on how to play with other characters?
Stop getting hit and doing dumb stuff.

Seriously though here is one major one.

Don't side step and roll spam. Its a very common thing people do ESPECIALLY in brawl.

OMG about 80% of the players I played just do this its SO DUMB. Stop being so freakin predictable.

But as for character advice I can only really give MK and Dedede advice and people out there can give better ones than me :laugh:.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Don't side step and roll spam. Its a very common thing people do ESPECIALLY in brawl.

OMG about 80% of the players I played just do this its SO DUMB. Stop being so freakin predictable.
But rolling is the new wavedash of Brawl, you must've forgotten :p

Alot of times in Brawl, rolls are hard to punish so they aren't such a bad thing to do. It's easy to punish if your able to predict the roll at least a second or more before they do it. Then you can hit them with fully charged Snake's f-smashes (for examples, watch Keitaro play Snake in tournament :bee:)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
But rolling is the new wavedash of Brawl, you must've forgotten :p

Alot of times in Brawl rolls are hard to punish so they aren't such a bad thing to do. It's easy to punish if your able to predict the roll at least a second or more before they do it. Then you can hit them with fully charged Snake's f-smashes (for examples, watch Keitaro play Snake in tournament :bee:)
LOL

Really?

Rolls aren't difficult to predict or force especially in brawl. You don't have to punish rolls with a fawken fully charged f-smash .. you musta played Kashif a bit too much and he probably punishes you with like Link's fsmash.

Rolling isn't awful but people use it too much and you definitely are not an exception from what I've been hearing :bee:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Rolling isn't awful but people use it too much and you definitely are not an exception from what I've been hearing :bee:
lol, I know I'm not that's why I was saying it's not that easy to punish cause I'm ranked 6 in NJ with intense rolling and spot dodging.

My spot dodging is beast though. Just ask Pierce.

Top Bottom