• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

Saltix

Smash Lord
If you guys dont answer my question about the brawl attendance, im going to come and win this thing with ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY FOR THE 3 STOCKS ILL BE HANDING OUT
>:]

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Then we could make sweet love.
diddy kong approves this message

yea alright kid of ice. stop by the ********* HQ that friday morning. we can all go to the tourney, together like. He lives literally 2-3 blocks away from I-4 too, and 1 exit away from the turnpike, which is exit 77 i think.

Coconut Palms Apartments
4560 Middlebrook Road
Orlando, FL

4560 is the building number that hrnut lives in. The official address might be to the leasing building, which is 4618 or something like that

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If you guys dont answer my question about the brawl attendance, im going to come and win this thing with ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY FOR THE 3 STOCKS ILL BE HANDING OUT
>:]
i dunno. alot?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a TV/Gamecube-

But, I STILL need to know (because I didn't see it answered)

WHAT TIME MELEE SINGLES STARTS

AND WHAT TIME MELEE DOUBLES STARTS

Seriously, its not in the original post and I've run searches out the *** trying to find it posted somewhere in this thread.

I'm not the only one who's asked this, either.
It starts at 12 p.m. both Brawl and Smash tournament 12 p.m. sharp. Since there will be doubles for both games and to ensure we will have enough time both tournament must start as early as possible.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
What is the earliest time we can get there? Because apparently we have to get there before 10:30 AM with our equipment if we want to avoid paying the initial entry fee. ._.
You can get there as early as 9 a.m. You have until 11 a.m. to bring equipment. I extended the time for everyone. I just want to make sure the room is set up and ready to go in time for the tournaments beginning at 12 p.m. I don't want to do any major moving of anything after the tournament has began as that would be a huge distraction. That was the only reason I stated this. Remember if you have any problems or you think you may be late just call me at 404-518-2540 and let me know what is going on.

Also, won't the quality of the DVD footage be everywhere since there are people that are bringing stuff like DVD Recorders (me), to capture cards, to camcorders and whatnot. Won't the quality be inconsistent?
If you buy a tournament DVD (Evo for example) you'll notice there's always a difference in quality as well but really no one cares. You'll get used to each style of recording. As far as DVD Recorders, from my past experience I have seen crazy lag with them when you begin recording through them. Before you bring them make sure you test them. I know VCRs do not lag but make sure you hook up your system through the DVD Recorder and hook that out to a TV and see if there's any lag. Because all the ones I've used have had considerable lag and that is definitely not cool, especially since this is tournament play.

Anyone have a list of what is available at the CNN food court? I know Chick-Fil-A is one of the options.
Yeah, go to the wikipedia page of the CNN Center. It says it at the bottom. Here's a link for the lazy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_Center

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
No we are leaving Saturday at 12am hence why i said friday 12pm haha. We are driving saturday up to ATL

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Remember guys all the footage you must let me collect. I will upload it all online for us to enjoy at a later point. It will be made into a DVD along with being uploaded to the internet for free. So, do not walk out with any of the footage. I promise I will get it uploaded and placed online. But it is really crucial that I myself leave with all the content from the tournament. Especially if it pertains to tournament play. I am making a promise to all of you that you will be able to view it all online. I know exactly how to do it and I've done it before. Here are a few videos I've uploaded online from a previous tournament through VCR. Note that the quality is lowered simply because of the way I uploaded it on youtube not because of how it was captured. The orignial tapes look much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoSAsXjp-MQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daNBjOjookg

Guys remember Guitar Hero is going to be there so be nice to those guys alright? I know much of the fighting game community doesn't respect Guitar Hero, but their tournament will be quite quick (only like ten people are coming and I only added it for my brother's friends.)

Saltix

Smash Lord
Remember guys all the footage you must let me collect. I will upload it all online for us to enjoy at a later point. It will be made into a DVD along with being uploaded to the internet for free. So, do not walk out with any of the footage. I promise I will get it uploaded and placed online. But it is really crucial that I myself leave with all the content from the tournament. Especially if it pertains to tournament play. I am making a promise to all of you that you will be able to view it all online. I know exactly how to do it and I've done it before. Here are a few videos I've uploaded online from a previous tournament through VCR. Note that the quality is lowered simply because of the way I uploaded it on youtube not because of how it was captured. The orignial tapes look much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoSAsXjp-MQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daNBjOjookg

Guys remember Guitar Hero is going to be there so be nice to those guys alright? I know much of the fighting game community doesn't respect Guitar Hero, but their tournament will be quite quick (only like ten people are coming and I only added it for my brother's friends.)
Does that include tourney attendance? I was simply wondering whether or not we'd end up having to do pools due to a large amount of brawlers

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yeah. I just wanna know how many people are planning on showing up. Hopefully it could be like a HOBO11 turnout haha

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I just wanna know how many people are planning on showing up. Hopefully it could be like a HOBO11 turnout haha
How many people are coming. . . . . ? There's no way I can answer that. However, as far as an educated guess, I'd like to say around 50 people. If there's a crazy amount of attendence then we'll just have to pool but as of right now it's going to be double elimination two out of 3. That's the reason why both tournaments are starting no matter what at 12 p.m. so we can ensure that we'll have the entire day for the tournament. I want to dedicated about eight televisions for Smash and Melee for the entire day. So, I'm dedicating quite a bit of this event specifically for Brawl. My goal is to have about 15 televisions hooked up. And of course with the incentive of free entry with equipment we'll have more than enough equipment for the event. I never thought Brawl would have this much hype behind it but you guys are very dedicated. I'll make sure my next event caters to you guys quite a bit more when it comes through in January.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Crap.
We'll see for sure once Impact posts again.
If they do, they'll probably divide people far away from local players, and by equal skill level. That means I won't be facing Reflex or you in my pools, if it works out the way it generally should anyway.

At least I always thought pools worked beautifully like that in an utopia, but not always. I have fate in Impact Clash though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
we're gonna be here all weekend if you do pools. just do a bracket

Saltix

Smash Lord
If they do, they'll probably divide people far away from local players, and by equal skill level. That means I won't be facing Reflex or you in my pools, if it works out the way it generally should anyway.

At least I always thought pools worked beautifully like that in an utopia, but not always. I have fate in Impact Clash though.
I've never done pools before, so it'll all be new to me haha
and I didn't know you were going!
Bringing your recording equip?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Hey lil kong i want to know something for sure here are we going to money match at this tournament.

Please provide a yes/no answer today
I don't want to look through your old posts or do anything funny so how about a yes or no

that is all thank you

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I've never done pools before, so it'll all be new to me haha
and I didn't know you were going!
Bringing your recording equip?
Yeah, I'm bringing my DVD recorder and a bunch of DVDs. Not too happy with giving away my DVD-RWs, but I can live with it, I'll probably just link a playlist to Impact's Youtube account if I need to.

Lord Axl will be taking me. Someone else you know right?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

In a perfect world...

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
actually team i can't make it to this after all

elliot will be able to do all mm in my stead
lil dong you can make of it what you will we can catch up later.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
pools wont take long if pool captains are named and people stay near their pools. you cant really just make a fair bracket with 50+ people anyway.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
pools wont take long if pool captains are named and people stay near their pools. you cant really just make a fair bracket with 50+ people anyway.
what? its easy to make a fair bracket with 50+ people

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm bringing my DVD recorder and a bunch of DVDs. Not too happy with giving away my DVD-RWs, but I can live with it, I'll probably just link a playlist to Impact's Youtube account if I need to.

Yeah, he graduated from my school last year, but we didn't really know each other until a smash tourney lol

nice1

Smash Lord
i hope we'll be able to do teams. if everyone play their matches when called we can get this over with fast unlike what happened at FAST1 for those of you who were there lol

Gingerr

Smash Lord
This tournament is going to be so good, I'm sooo excited!
Are there going to be a lot of chairs? I don't want to wear heels if I'm going to be standing the entire time :laugh:

Saltix

Smash Lord
This tournament is going to be so good, I'm sooo excited!
Are there going to be a lot of chairs? I don't want to wear heels if I'm going to be standing the entire time :laugh:
Hopefully.
I've never played Smash standing up lol,

Milln

Smash Champion
I'll be bringing one more person in my entourage.

How to make a fair bracket with 50+ people: Simon Says. Last person left gets a bye first round. =D

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Im making a combo video of me as well. Mostly me sleeping, taking showers, and screenshots of the random things I say in various other games, chats, and forums.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Im making a combo video of me as well. Mostly me sleeping, taking showers, and screenshots of the random things I say in various other games, chats, and forums.
a real life combo video...thats ****ing brilliant!

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman

I'll try to work with you. I have a laptop with a DVD drive so if you bring these discs I can rip them to my computer and let you hang on to the discs if you'd like. But I am still weary of DVD Recorders since I think they may cause delay during game play. Make sure you test it out before you bring it. We'll test it out off the jump though anyway. But I'll try my best to give you your footage back.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
alright, so all tourney footage goes with the host
we can depart with friendlies, right?

Top Bottom