• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm thinking of picking up DK

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with him. He's just amazing. And Fsmash spam is just too good <3

ook

Smash Lord
You know he is :)

Pretty much everything he does is epic, and brings epic cheers and fun from anyone using or watching him.
I'm glad you see the light :chuckle:

Master Raven

Smash Master
DK is one of my favorite characters to play and is a very good secondary (though I like to think of him as my second main since I'm almost, if not just as good with him as with MK). He's amazing on teams too.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes, you should definitely start to use him more, Panda! He's really amazing, I have him as my third and he just kicks so much ***... it's amazing. I bet you started playing as him because of his KO power and Bair, amirite? :p

Mith_

Smash Champion
You really should pick up DK. He's a badass powerhouse with some surprisingly quick moves. That and you feel extremely manly when you catch somebody in a fully charged F-Smash.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe no one has said this yet. What about the 70% Back throw kills on certain chars (Give or take the char and stage)?!
I creme every time it happens.

~Grape ****

i1337

Smash Ace
I can't believe no one has said this yet. What about the 70% Back throw kills on certain chars (Give or take the char and stage)?!
I creme every time it happens.

~Grape ****
well, bthrow isnt really THAT good for kills. if you're near the edge and you grab them its better just to cargo stage spike them...or do that thing ripple discovered if they try and tech :laugh:

Smash Apprentice
The best thing about DK is that he is some pure beasty animal and he has like the best and most satisfying things to kill with ;D

The Director

Smash Lord
Panda, don't pick up DK.

Once you do there will be a flood of people who follow, and then the few of is who actually main DK won't be so special anymore! (he is the most unpopular character, after all)

The Director

Smash Lord
I thought Jigglypuff was the most unpopular character:ohwell:
That could be true...truth be told, I don't dabble with the Jiggs at all.

I remember SWF had a poll before Brawl came out ranking the characters' popularity, and DK was dead last right next to IC and Bowser. That plus the DK boards are usually dead.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Panda, don't pick up DK.

Once you do there will be a flood of people who follow, and then the few of is who actually main DK won't be so special anymore! (he is the most unpopular character, after all)
well, I picked up DK because i was playing with random characters and i absolutely loved him. (after i learned how to do more then spam smashes :p)

The Director

Smash Lord
DK boards have the least amount of posts.
Somebody chizzle this into stone: DK is the least popular character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I've been playing DK since the N64 days. The Melee era was tough, but now DK is back on top.

they have the most amount of pride though, or, at least I hope they do
Yeah DK pride. Somebody fly the banana flag.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I also thought about maining DK... right now he's my secondary and Diddy is my main, and I'll probably won't change that just because I like Diddy more.

DK is ****! And yes, fsmash spam is awesome =D

DK Anomoly

Smash Rookie
yo dk is by far the best in my books so **** strong and so **** fast and so **** heavy plus a great recovery move and alot of meteor moves

Veggi

Smash Champion
Srsly, DK's up b is like Falco's side b, only it makes him go super far, carries him upwards, does a bunch of damage and has super armor. How cool is that?

Falco's down taunt also competes with DK's. Honestly though, all the meteors, range, heavy air-moves and super armor make DK amazing. If you don't have what you want DK can just use bair, it solves every problem. DK doesn't even have to worry about projectiles because he can smack them away with his giant arms and he has no problem with Snake and MK.

IDK

Smash Lord
yup fsmash lol. gotta yell Reagan smash or DK smash or the clap or something. i'm kind of considering it just for top tier matchups... and it matches my gamertag for diddy which is IDK (I Diddy Kong) would work for Donkey too lulz.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
At first whenever I landed an Fsmash I used to say "I'm happy and I know it," but now that I land like 10 a game, I can't really do it anymore :/

Top Bottom