• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm having doubts....What should I do?

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
Since I've gone to tournaments fairly regularly, I feel my Sonic has improved quite a bit. However, I've placed relatively the same each time. I don't know whether it's me or what but I'm doubting myself right now. What kind of advice would you offer? Should I prepare differently? To be honest I'm stumped:urg:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Don't doubt yourself, it's just as you get better so is everyone else.

On a side note, why was this topic deleted before?

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
Since I've gone to tournaments fairly regularly, I feel my Sonic has improved quite a bit. However, I've placed relatively the same each time. I don't know whether it's me or what but I'm doubting myself right now. What kind of advice would you offer? Should I prepare differently? To be honest I'm stumped:urg:
Try harder, and push yourself to be able to get higher placings XD ^^

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
play lucario more, it puts your mind in a more open position, so that you can do more unexpected things with sonic

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
My Sonic too has improved MASSIVELY (IMO lol) over the last week or so.
Start mixing up your gameplay, seriously, it keeps everything...fresh.
Like, go from being grabby in the first minute, to ASC hassle for a while, and then defensive, then really pressure the opponent.
Just mix it up a lot.
Don't doubt yourself, I've seen your videos and you've got a good Sonic.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
The only advice I can give up is keep looking for new techniques or new ways to attack. Don't be at a standstill with your skills, or else you won't take that next step. I agree with da K.I.D. in playing Lucario more. Playing Lucario helped me with making my other characters better.

However, mixing up your game during a match may be the best idea. It keeps your opponent on their toes, especially when you are playing a character like Sonic

samper

Smash Cadet
Whenever I get stumped on how to keep getting better I always switch characters for a little while. So yeah, I agree with the others recommending you use your other mains more often and give Sonic a break, especially any character with a substantially different play style that way you'll be a little more open minded about how you can play Sonic when you pick him back up.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
I co-main sonic and pikachu right now. They compliment eachothers styles amazingly well (though pikachu fills a lot of matchup gaps that sonic has). They're both fast paced technical orientated characters with lots of approaches and potential combos.

Variety will win you many fights, but there are times that I just have to switch to pikachu to net a win due to sonics bad matchups, so remember to pick your battles.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
The Smashworld doesn't need a new Metaknight. We should make a main limit on that guy I swear.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You can't doubt Sonic. You need lots of confidence to do well with him, and like ROOOY said, it's really all about mixing up your playstyles, which Sonic is amazing at. Also, implement pivots into your game. Mine are getting sexier and sexier. Oh, and downsmash is amazing against spot dodgers.

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
Don't fret, if you know another sonic in your area, have a jam session and play doubles.

I was almost about to give up sonic for GW until I met Jman, the only ohter sonic in a 50 mile radius of where I live.

Stay strong brother, and please, dont join the TTA (top tier anonymous - people with less than average skill playing good characters to look better).

We believe in you. Someone bring this man a chili dog!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Your friends are probably getting better at reading you. Ask them if that's the case.

In tournament, don't expect everyone else to stagnate while you get better. Everyone else gets better too. :)

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I'm simply not going to use him vs other people for awhile.My brother stopped playing Sheik vs me and anybody else and only practiced with her and once he brought her out again and was much better than before.So I'll just use MK for awhile because,like Sonic,I always have fun when I use him.Plus I usually use him in teams anyway so why not Singles?

R4ZE

Smash Ace
if your playing to win, play snake or metaknight, just like everyone else who wins. lol

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I was just joking... :/

I'm simply not going to use him vs other people for awhile.My brother stopped playing Sheik vs me and anybody else and only practiced with her and once he brought her out again and was much better than before.So I'll just use MK for awhile because,like Sonic,I always have fun when I use him.Plus I usually use him in teams anyway so why not Singles?
Play with who you like, if you like Metaknight, use him.

:071:

R4ZE

Smash Ace
I was just joking... :/

Play with who you like, if you like Men, use Meta.

:071:

fixed.

even if i did make the jump to top tier, i would never use mk or snake, just bcuzz they r for ***s. i would use falco or somthing. atleast he is cool, and blue. u gotta stay true to your colors.

Top Bottom