• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im back my fans!

Watty

Smash Lord
thats right **** brawl and the "death of melee" it dies if we let it. Im going to chicago for a tourney ina couple weeks. the banjo is tuned up and im so jacked to get into the competitive scene again.

if we put enough effort into it melee can be its on community and brawl can be its, the games are nothign alike beisdes the characters there move sets things they do pretty mcuh everything is diffrent so why cant they both be played? Some play both some dont my point is there is no point in doing what other fighter games do which is move on to the newest game if the newest game isnt even similar to the game its supposed to be replacing. Its not better its not worse than melee its diffrent.

Ya there wont be as many melee tourneys there will be a smaller crowd to but the game can live on until Melee 2.0 comes out in 2019!!!!

Hugs I miss you come back

ADHD

Smash Hero
You may not realize it watty, but your return is an important step to reviving the game, just be sure to influence the brawl noobs!

rhan

Smash Hero
ChromePirate said:
You may not realize it watty, but your return is an important step to reviving the game, just be sure to influence the brawl noobs!
Reviving? Melee wasn't dying or close to death. Just in hibernation.

As I think it. All Melee players who switched to Brawl was just taking a little vacation away from the game. ;D

ADHD

Smash Hero

As I think it. All Melee players who switched to Brawl was just taking a little vacation away from the game. ;D
. . . . . o rly?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover

I agree, rhan.
It seems as if many people are slowly fading back to Melee.
Hopefully its only a matter of time before the Isais and Azens of the community make the switch as well.^^

AIDS

Smash Lord
mlee does not need reviving, it is very much alive, atleasdt here it is. new brawl players come, melee players won't switch.

Watty

Smash Lord
melee is diffrent now though compared toa year ago. a year ago i believe i went to Pound 2 FCD and OC3 over summer. The 3 biggest tourneys ever, nothing has come close tot hat. people have left the game some wont come back even if melee is a better game in there opinion.

im saying this to just say yes melee does need to be revived, maybe not in ur state or just area but the community has def shrank

soap

Smash Hero
who is tuning ur banjo? not me. i only have like two possible days a week to get any practice in. mondays, wednesdays... rest of the week is busy as ****, answer da phone plz. i love u.

soap

Smash Hero
ics have some kind of chainthrow on samus and im not talkin bout wobbles

but anywayz i meant that he woulda got fronzled no matter who he picked

Ghostype

Smash Champion
That post is so inspirational. I wanna start playing Melee again, but the MD Melee is dead (DEAD*****). If we get a decent turnout for Melee it's because of the people from outside of VA/MD coming. :(

Rat

Smash Lord
Because Trail is full of johns.

Watty even pwns poker. Stealing big pots and makes me go in with a 7-4. Too good.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Cool stuff, Watty. It was pretty cool to finally meet you in person at Zjiin's! (I was that "other " Samus player with the afro. The one you talked to during your match with Kirkq when he countered you to Floats)

ics have some kind of chainthrow on samus and im not talkin bout wobbles

but anywayz i meant that he woulda got fronzled no matter who he picked
I think someone told me about something they can do. Not necessarily a chainthrow, but if the ICs d-throw Samus, she gets thrown so slow that Nana can slightly charge a desynched u-smash. I don't think Trail would have been sweating about Watty as much as he was if he had something more than that up his sleeve.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Cool stuff, Watty. It was pretty cool to finally meet you in person at Zjiin's! (I was that "other " Samus player with the afro. The one you talked to during your match with Kirkq when he countered you to Floats)

I think someone told me about something they can do. Not necessarily a chainthrow, but if the ICs d-throw Samus, she gets thrown so slow that Nana can slightly charge a desynched u-smash. I don't think Trail would have been sweating about Watty as much as he was if he had something more than that up his sleeve.
Nana can do that to anyo0ne, I can make her charge a smash on the spot, I usto play IC's a lot, and D-sinking is not hard at all. but yes, as Popo down throws, Nana can do just about anything.

w!zard

Smash Apprentice
im gonna bring my GC to college so people know i'm serious

duals

Smash Journeyman
Looks i came to the melee comunity at the right time..... because I don't know know who the fack watty is..... lawl

MAYLAY 4 LIFE!...

Watty

Smash Lord
Watty what's up with trying to dair everything to death? I mean come on...

(heH)
well ive been gone a while again lolz i read this and i djunno if ur serious or not so i will answer it both ways.

seriously, it works, its OLD school wes stuff and depending on the character u do it to, i like doing it to jiggs, the shield is small and as long as u L cancel consistently than u can do stuff liek down air up b or down air if it hits do it again or shoot em etc...

the other reason - ****ing looks sweet u got a problem wiht it dont do it:psycho:

on a more personnel note. I feel as if I am close to where i was when i left the game at pound 3, i have to work on a few matchups again get them down as well as I had them and when that happens, oooh there will be blood.

Top Bottom