• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illmatic's fate rests in YOUR hands, THE FULL STORY IS ON POST 1 AND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Tesh put it nicely. Thread was only up for 13 hours, and in the middle of the night

EDIT: my bad, only 11 hours lol

Shaky

Smash Ace
Oh well, then why the heck is this so active... anyway Xyro how about that conclusion

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
shaky relax! quality work requires TIME. i have work at 4pm so i guarantee it will be up BEFORE then.

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
I would like to add that Praxis definitely voted for Peach. Just because he didn't say it in a direct, blunt manner doesn't mean anything.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Marth does fit your play style pretty well, Ill. There's NEVER enough good ones in the US (as opposed to the 5934543353 diddies and metaknights) so you could easily make top5 marth in a very short time.
No Nike. He'd be awful for the reasons Trela posted about.
Illmatic's style of play would be awful for Marth.

He's also lost to Sonic. :p

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
No Nike. He'd be awful for the reasons Trela posted about.
Illmatic's style of play would be awful for Marth.
His style of play is awful for Peach.

He needs someone that you can run and attack with and forget about DI. Smash 64 Kirby it is!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Aright Trela and Espy, chill out.

Just because some of you may think my playstyle with Peach is redundant and monotonous it doesn't mean that it will carry throughout every single main I choose. That's seriously the most ******** thing I've heard in a long time. People still realize Peach can't kill, right? That alone will open up TONS of options when I switch mains.

I know for a fact that I play the same way versus four characters. Marth, Lucario, Toon Link, and Samus - two of those characters are because they FORCE me to play that way (Toon Link and Samus) and the other two I simply don't understand yet. Espy, I've only played you ONCE and that was the first time I've ever faced a Sonic in tournament. To my knowledge basically ALL SONICS do the same exact things over and over again, but it works right? You don't hear me complaining. Marth and Lucario are just characters I don't really understand yet. Trela and Nike I have been working on stuff against you two. I'm aware that I have bad habits that you two read practically everytime we play but, don't sit back and say I'm not trying (this goes specifically towards you Trela, not you Nike). I know specifically that Dphat, Razer, Jerm, and other people in Houston have been seeing "different" things that I've been doing. Progress against Razer's Snake proves this. I'll move on to Lucario later.

Also, you guys don't main Peach or know really any matchups or moves to use in certain situations so you don't have a place to talk.

For the rest of you, I'm not switching characters because I'm giving up.
I'm switching characters because this is a BET and I'm sticking to my word, plus I want a fresh new start (the feeling when I joined the scene).

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
relax! this story is a lot less text than normal but alot more pics/gifs. it takes time to choose the right ones.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Aright Trela and Espy, chill out.

Just because some of you may think my playstyle with Peach is redundant and monotonous it doesn't mean that it will carry throughout every single main I choose. That's seriously the most ******** thing I've heard in a long time. People still realize Peach can't kill, right? That alone will open up TONS of options when I switch mains.

I know for a fact that I play the same way versus four characters. Marth, Lucario, Toon Link, and Samus - two of those characters are because they FORCE me to play that way (Toon Link and Samus) and the other two I simply don't understand yet. Espy, I've only played you ONCE and that was the first time I've ever faced a Sonic in tournament. To my knowledge basically ALL SONICS do the same exact things over and over again, but it works right? You don't hear me complaining. Marth and Lucario are just characters I don't really understand yet. Trela and Nike I have been working on stuff against you two. I'm aware that I have bad habits that you two read practically everytime we play but, don't sit back and say I'm not trying (this goes specifically towards you Trela, not you Nike). I know specifically that Dphat, Razer, Jerm, and other people in Houston have been seeing "different" things that I've been doing. Progress against Razer's Snake proves this. I'll move on to Lucario later.

Also, you guys don't main Peach or know really any matchups or moves to use in certain situations so you don't have a place to talk.

For the rest of you, I'm not switching characters because I'm giving up.
I'm switching characters because this is a BET and I'm sticking to my word, plus I want a fresh new start (the feeling when I joined the scene).
wut i don't count?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Note to self, anytime I want to give up on something, throw it away on a bet first so I can excuse it and not feel bad.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why be a winner, when you can be a quitter?

Though seriously, people should stop giving Illmatic a hard time because he is THE shining light for this low tier character. FIND A NEW HERO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom