• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Mango I need permission to use box-tag

I was down in a set today, so I tried to be a hero and rep the box-tag/crown. It was easily the worst game I've played in a month. Apparently the smash gods were not impressed with my poser-ness. Anoint me!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Told u someone would help lol

WOW... WOW with crown and box tag??
man..
THATS WHY U NEED PERMISSION!Q!!!!
u may use it.. but if u fail.. UR DONE!

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
so today i was playing smash with some buds afterschool..and my opponent dawned the box tag..i didnt think much of it..as he wasnt trained to use it.. but then i attempted to rest him..and it phantom hit..ill have a vid of soon ish..rrrgg...box tag is too good..

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This one time Mango i rested a level one luigi out of a misfire.. am i a pro puff player yet?

Come to VLS and Bowser ditto me Lolz =)

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
lolz

If I could only record the three Phantom rests I had in a match. I think I'll continue to train without the box tag. Green Mario is good enough without it. I need to be able to top that and then I'll go for the 4 stock with box tag, lol.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
lol
BOX TAG *****!!
Yes KevinM ur a pro Puff player =}
When do u guys wanna get online and do the thing..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah i see... man i really like the flower... but i guess the crown will make my jigglypuff more effective

thanks mango!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
SUre...

But i have dial up.. So it takes me a while to load vid..
I ill give u helpful comments.. hahah

And if i ever around.. DOnt use my crown.. lol
Like whens kings around i dont use his crown =}

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
haha Cort!

I'll be online Saturday and Sunday around 10~11ish EST. I think that's 7~8 Pacific?
Just AIM me not much to do while in college :chuckle: jk

edit:
Onedudeski- not gonna steal Mango's thunder, I think that you for some reason didn't follow Peach that well in the match. I don't know if it's your playing style but you threw out B+airs when she was in front of you and some N+airs while you weren't approaching or being approached. Mindgames on your part? I don't think the missed rest cost you match. What made you miss the match was the Peach realized she wasn't Float canceling when it landed close to you. After that you started taking damage like crazy.

You did do some good things. I like the way you tried to get behind Peach and go into a F+smash, good strat. To bring that up a notch, I recalled Magus saying that a D+air -> U+smash is excellent against Peaches and it is. Try it out.

This may be just me but you see you try and be flashy with recovery. The Rollout is nice, but risky, glad you never missed it or Peach didn't float in front of you for some reason. Also why did you use Sing so much to recover, just curious?

But over all I think that you mainly lost some spacing as the match progressed and the PEach adapted and changed her style really quickly. In the beginning you keep her close and I'm impressed how well you did that without getting D+smashed, gj. Keep it and maybe change a few things you you should do fine.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
haha Cort!

edit:
Onedudeski- not gonna steal Mango's thunder, I think that you for some reason didn't follow Peach that well in the match. I don't know if it's your playing style but you threw out B+airs when she was in front of you and some N+airs while you weren't approaching or being approached. Mindgames on your part? I don't think the missed rest cost you match. What made you miss the match was the Peach realized she wasn't Float canceling when it landed close to you. After that you started taking damage like crazy.

You did do some good things. I like the way you tried to get behind Peach and go into a F+smash, good strat. To bring that up a notch, I recalled Magus saying that a D+air -> U+smash is excellent against Peaches and it is. Try it out.

This may be just me but you see you try and be flashy with recovery. The Rollout is nice, but risky, glad you never missed it or Peach didn't float in front of you for some reason. Also why did you use Sing so much to recover, just curious?

But over all I think that you mainly lost some spacing as the match progressed and the PEach adapted and changed her style really quickly. In the beginning you keep her close and I'm impressed how well you did that without getting D+smashed, gj. Keep it and maybe change a few things you you should do fine.
wow..tyty this helps alot.

I like doing the sing in my recovery because sometimes im able to tech if i get hit while im doing it..and it seems it gives you a little boost up..like the lone ic's up b..and i can sweet spot with it..so its good if i dunn wanna get hit i guess..as far as the nair and b'air randomness..yea i guess thats my style when im playing rickys peach..sometimes it

ill try to get another match or two up later in the week. Thanks for the tips. =]

MaNg0

Smash Hero
THATONEDUDESKI!!-LOL THE JIGGLPUFF SYNDROME HAPPENED TO U 2!!
For some reason when puffs are up in a match the start rushing in.. well "dumb"..
Just be patient....ive lose so many matches because i start rushing in like a dumb butt.
But anyways...ima tell u a few things...
1.If u look at 00:12 as u bair.. u could of fell with a uair.. and rested him.. tahts another thing jiggz dont do.. fall with uairs after bair.. i tend to do it alot.. so should u sometimes.. ..
2.Dont ever try to edgeguard a peach with fsmash.. only sometimes.. but besides that . its hard to land a fsmash on a peach while recovering..
3.DONT MISS GAME WINNING REST... lol i hate when that happens to me...
4.NEED MORE NAIRS!!
5.thats pretty much it...

Edit- Fair more.. U can fair to falling uair peach alot..

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
THATONEDUDESKI!!-LOL THE JIGGLPUFF SYNDROME HAPPENED TO U 2!!
For some reason when puffs are up in a match the start rushing in.. well "dumb"..
Just be patient....ive lose so many matches because i start rushing in like a dumb butt.
But anyways...ima tell u a few things...
1.If u look at 00:12 as u bair.. u could of fell with a uair.. and rested him.. tahts another thing jiggz dont do.. fall with uairs after bair.. i tend to do it alot.. so should u sometimes.. ..
2.Dont ever try to edgeguard a peach with fsmash.. only sometimes.. but besides that . its hard to land a fsmash on a peach while recovering..
3.DONT MISS GAME WINNING REST... lol i hate when that happens to me...
4.NEED MORE NAIRS!!
5.thats pretty much it...

Edit- Fair more.. U can fair to falling uair peach alot..
awesome. thanks for the tips. =]

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
I like doing the sing in my recovery because sometimes im able to tech if i get hit while im doing it..and it seems it gives you a little boost up..like the lone ic's up b..and i can sweet spot with it..so its good if i dunn wanna get hit i guess..
YES. Another Jigglypuff begins to understand the benefits of sing-spotting! My only recommendation is not to do it so high up. Just below the ledge = good. sixty feet above ledge = not so much.

edit: around 0:44 is basically what i've been preaching for recovery. and that's still not as low as you can go under the ledge. (though it's about as far AWAY from the ledge as I'd dare to try)

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
i used it when i was really high up..because it was at a point in the match where i didnt care that much..and the previous day before that match was recorded..i did that..then the peach got hit by the sing right before i grabbed the edge..and then i rested..so i was trying it again. =]

"but no johns" =]

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
Hi,
What are the things I should work on in order of progression if I am starting a jiggs from the beginning?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
How would you recommend one practices landing rest and comboing into rest with jigglypuff? I can WoP pretty well but landing rest is my weak point.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
taku, i'd say just play. i used to not be able to rest at all, now i can do tehmangosurprise a couple times a week.

oh and i dont play jigglypuff, i play falcon. knee ftw, rest is second to only knee.

ThatOneDudeski has a video of his puff versus my Marth on my youtube account, here's a link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WGvaBvkWH88

Notice the Purin's second stock, it was a pretty good combo on the part of the marth.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Eratangos-hmmm its been a while... Honestly what i did is watch combo vids.. Mostly king.. i watched alot of his matches and see what he did and stuff.. sounds noobish.. but look at me now -_-. Watching his matches lets u know what works and what doesnt.. U also gotta pratice ur spacin.. thats essential to puff
Also dont forget to nair.. lol

Takumara-hmmmmm go to practice.. and do upthrow rest on foxes.. sounds dumb but.. it like lets u know when to rest.. and the timing and stuff.. so yea....ull should get the timing on that.. or just try rest every character on practice.. NAIR TO UP TILT REST.. like at 15 percent..

Xanskarr-TEHMANGOSUPRISE IS SO FUN!!!

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Does it count if it doesn't kill them 4 times, but I get 4 rests? I got 4 today. =) Also ThatOneDudeski will have a bunch of matches up on my channel sometime over the weekend, his Purin and his Fox.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Hey, Mango, I'm a new Jiggs player. I'm here to know what should work most effectively against me when I am facing Falco. In other words, what does Falco have to do to beat Jigglypuff?

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom