• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tips mango, another question, sorry if it seems odd.

So, I don't know how to fall efficiently against that marth.

He catches me with an utilt or some attack that sends me high above him, then over-prioritizes my aerials with fairs or uairs, unless I choose to avoid the exhange by going for the edge, in which case I make the edge and find myself in a defensive situation. Since Jiggs doesn't exactly have a great array of "gtfo me" attacks for people below her, how do I avoid this situation and come out relatively un scathed, just bait a fair, punish the lag and try and get better spacing?

Sliq

Smash Master
Falcons can be real tuff sometimes...
In this matchup..
I just figured out that i like to grab...
Upthrow to two falling u-airs to whatever u wants works EVERY TIME
u can combo or rest.. whatver u feel like..
Nair is very good in this matchup.More priorty then falcon.
When u start the bair combos..If he di away hes dead pretty much. Because hell go further and u can just edgeguard him..
Spacing is good too because u dont want to get grabed and get hit with the stupid knee -_-
Doing Fair Out Of Ur shield is really good in this match to..
Fair spam is better then anything else..
Falcon is mah favorite matchup. His weight is perfect for comboing into rests, and his recovery is super gimpable.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
is it possible to l cancel jiggs down air? i can never do it =/
Dang. I missed my chance to help out PC...

BTW if the Falcon can't get a D+throw -> Knee on time, like they apparently can't throw it out immediately, and you are under 30%, rest. Green Mario's Falcon learned, it surprises people.

@ SchoolieDee- when I float past a Marth who does this you want to try and get them to use the U+air and avoid it by dodging. One way to get past it is if they are trying to just get a SHFFL U+air float down abd when they jump, you jump. It works most of the time.

Also something I tried and it worked. IF you get like two or three U+airs on Marth, float up like you will do it again but FF and they might miss with a D+air which -> Rest.

Sliq

Smash Master
BTW if the Falcon can't get a D+throw -> Knee on time, like they apparently can't throw it out immediately, and you are under 30%, rest. Green Mario's Falcon learned, it surprises people..
This is a rather old technique, one which I used on both Tapion and Jiano last Saturday.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot Mango. You made a huge difference in my Jiggs. I can't to wait to show everybody my new and improved Jigglypuff! ^_______^;

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Thanks for the tips mango, another question, sorry if it seems odd.

So, I don't know how to fall efficiently against that marth.

He catches me with an utilt or some attack that sends me high above him, then over-prioritizes my aerials with fairs or uairs, unless I choose to avoid the exhange by going for the edge, in which case I make the edge and find myself in a defensive situation. Since Jiggs doesn't exactly have a great array of "gtfo me" attacks for people below her, how do I avoid this situation and come out relatively un scathed, just bait a fair, punish the lag and try and get better spacing?
OOOOO i know what u mean... this is so gay... Just trying to land.. lol
I usually like land of the top platform... then go down to the other platform . then go to the bottom and shield..The bair spam to create some space.......

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
OOOOO i know what u mean... this is so gay... Just trying to land.. lol
I usually like land of the top platform... then go down to the other platform . then go to the bottom and shield..The bair spam to create some space.......
Well what about FD?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
O god i was hoping no one say anything.....
ON fd agaisnt a martH...
Pretty much...Either i challenge him with dairs... or nairs....

OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR THe master plan...
U get in there range... AND AIR DODGE!!!!!! ANd go left left right down left... TRICKSIES!!!!
Works actuallly well. And u get hit its not that bad.. at least ull be on the floor right?

NP lesheik.. when i have a smashfest... u can show me -_-

Hyde.. U think like on the first page i should put all the characters and the matchup.. ? or something like that

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Hyde.. U think like on the first page i should put all the characters and the matchup.. ? or something like that
Yeah I think that would be a good idea. Made you should just keep the scenarios for each character updated
eventually everyone will ask enough questions and then Jiggly will be top tier b/c everyone knows how o win with it! :chuckle:

Wigs- get that thing back in its pokeball. Brawl will be out in 107 days and it still hasn't reached Charmeleon? Get that out of here!

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
Mango - I think all the Jiggs out there would appreciate a guide at some level. Of course we already have a guide, but it seems pretty basic, and besides Jigglypuff styles can vary quite a bit, so it may not be broad enough to fit all players.
So far those Jiggs who can communicate well and are experienced players, it would be awesome if we could put together a guide for in the way you asked about, but with a little material on the side.
Of course a player such as yourself can write the entire thing yourself, but if that's too big of an undertaking, I suggest the above.
For instance, my particular Jigglypuff is an extremely aggressive WoP style which continuously probes the opponent with nairs, dashdancing, wavedashes, and fairs which transition into whatever I can make them.
But I see other Jiggs which are not like that at all. They rely more on mindgames involving pound and bairs and are more adept at getting rests in.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
GosuHonor, it sounds like you have more of a ground game with Jiggs that is needed. Jiggs dash dancing sux as does the rest of her ground game, generally speaking, which is why you see that "other Jiggs are not like that". Although Mango is kinda different. I noticed he just stops sometimes and sheilds and rest out of sheild.

oops lol old news I just read that past posts =/

Lol Mango's trying so hard to keep from saying "I go Falco on marth!" LOL!

Box Tag!...................?

Oh my question. What is the best way to sweetspot the edge with Jiggs?

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
GosuHonor.. i dissagree with this 6th sense guy..my jiggs has the same ground game as your..or at least how you describe it.. it works. =] at least up heeya in alaska.

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
Actually I have a friend who always tells me that I don't have enough of a ground game with Jigglypuff - so I've been trying to develop one - hence the dashdancing/wavedashing to play mindgames with the opponent. I don't just run back and forth - I do think jiggs needs w/e speed she can get, so I use nairs to move myself around and position for f-smashes, shield grabs, upsmash - whatever works.
But I do admit that I probably don't make the proper use of pound - I really only use it for recovery because Jiggs is amazing with rising pound - also for edgeguarding, but that's about it. Also against Peach since Shuffling gets me nowhere against a good one.
I only really use up-air, uptilt, pound or upthrow rest combos along with the occasional tech-chase when there's a lot of lag involved.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Alright ima like make a guide when i feel like it -_-
Well all put into to.. For diffrent types of jiggz.. I always though jiggz did the same thing.. but there all so diffrent ...

Best way to sweet spot.. uhh... i like never sweet spot.. ask dr hyde.....

Jiggz ground game is to goood!!
WOund pound *****..
But if u spam it.. NOO GOOD!

Eggz

Smash Hero
O god i was hoping no one say anything.....
ON fd agaisnt a martH...
Pretty much...Either i challenge him with dairs... or nairs....

OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR THe master plan...
U get in there range... AND AIR DODGE!!!!!! ANd go left left right down left... TRICKSIES!!!!
Works actuallly well. And u get hit its not that bad.. at least ull be on the floor right?

NP lesheik.. when i have a smashfest... u can show me -_-

You should copy my matchups thread.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Mango: Have you ever used or seen someone use Sing to quickly sweetspot the edge and in doing so avoid gettin' smoked by fsmashes, dtilts, dsmashes etc?

I recently started doing it once i realized i could avoid getting gayed by marth when recovering from below. (his dtilt spam is annoying as hell when you try and grab the edge) To clarify, I'm not using it to put him to sleep, i use it below the ledge, and it gives you mario-like magnet hands so you don't peek up over the lip of the stage.

I call it singspotting, but i dunno if it has another name, cause i dunno if anyone else does it. I'd post a vid, but i havent thought to get it on tape yet.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
uhh cant say that i have.....
That sounds cool though..
Put a vid when u can =}
Id appreicate it.. YAYUHZZ

Sliq

Smash Master
Mango: Have you ever used or seen someone use Sing to quickly sweetspot the edge and in doing so avoid gettin' smoked by fsmashes, dtilts, dsmashes etc?

I recently started doing it once i realized i could avoid getting gayed by marth when recovering from below. (his dtilt spam is annoying as hell when you try and grab the edge) To clarify, I'm not using it to put him to sleep, i use it below the ledge, and it gives you mario-like magnet hands so you don't peek up over the lip of the stage.

I call it singspotting, but i dunno if it has another name, cause i dunno if anyone else does it. I'd post a vid, but i havent thought to get it on tape yet.
I used to do this a lot, but I've toned it down a bit. You should only really do this if you are trying to ledge stall, or if you are forced to come up from below the stage, otherwise going above them, or just falling to the ledge is much more effective.

It is really useful for teching, though, as you can hit l to tech without having to worry about air dodging.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Sweet spotting the edge... haha ask Sliq I never sweet spot the edge. If some one is there I might go below and then rising pound into the stage just to hit them and then grab the edge. Seriously just fake them out and try and float over them.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
JIGGLYS

Over the weeked ima start the guide..
So like Dr.Hyde. lets get on aim and do this!!!
And other jigglyz well make a chatroom hahah
It would be fun

CrzypnoyMango562

No im not asian hahha

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I'll do what I can but I have a presentation Monday and two exams so I'll see how much work I can finish. Besides I am gonna try and be done with my stuff by 10 EST, I don't know when that is Pacific time. But I would like to help as much as possible.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
BrawlPro- As i stated before...I always counter pick with mangoland or brimstar.. but japes isnt that bad. for puff..

Cactuar- Lol ur overated =)

Choknater- No my philipino friend made it for me =D

doyoung2win- Falco is my secondary.. hes pretty good..I beats "Hugs" in a 5 dollar money match .. lol

SHyne- IT would be fun lol

PsychoMidget- Lol .. Im not that white ={ hahha..

Dr.Hyde- Get that work done..

people tell me when u guys wanna meet up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom