• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ikes tier position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
He's in the lower half of the tier I think, although, a complete tier list is not made yet...

Akashi

Smash Lord
The only thing that keeps Ike from being bottom tier is his above-average weight, plethora of KO moves, and moderate range. Outside that, everything else about Ike is unfavorable towards (at least) half the roster. I'd say he's higher on the low tier list, MAYBE low middle.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
For all intents and purposes just assume he's bottom tier. What an ike can or cant function around is somewhat debatable but this crap has been beaten into the ground about a billion times and it is deeply affected by who you play how you play and where you play (offline or online).

He's a "slow character with no projectile", therefore he's not high tier.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'd say he can make it into mid, his nair is great, jab is great, his ko potential is amazing, he has good moves, he's just not amazing.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
There is no tier list yet. You can discuss one under "Brawl Tactical discussion" > "Official Tier discussion" but it's filled with idiots.

Anyway, I don't see how this really matters, the metagame will evolve quite a bit still, so it really doesn't mean anything atm.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Lower mid tier. If he had a better recovery and less lag in some of his attacks then he'd be borderline high I think.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
mostly everyone who takes parts of tier list discussions underestimates Ike and puts him low tier. I really stopped caring about his tier list. I will use him till the end. Besides, winning with a lower tier character gives more satisfaction. Just bearing with the fact your character is so much limited compared to the higher chars is difficult at times.

But Ike will not be higher than mid. I highly doubt he can make mid.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would say lower-mid tier by guessing, however it is the Ike player him/herself and the opponent's skill level that will sometimes determine the outcome.

Let's say for example ONLY Samus is lower on the tier list than Ike, wather this is true or not I don't know/con't really care, you can fight two different Samus' under the same conditions and you mgiht lose to one and win against another.

IF4MF

Smash Rookie
Well, I've seen some mock tier lists. There's been some that say he's in the middle of middle tier. Some put him at low middle. Other's low. Never bottom though. I just know that he will be in the lower half. He's still a good character though, but not amazing.

Roager

Smash Ace
I don't get it. On the boards, I'm usually hearing Mid-tier, at best. Low, usually. But, whenever anyone actually loses a match, outside of tourny, Ike is considered to be one of the best characters in the game. After every match, you'll hear something like "you only won cuz you're Ike" or "You lost, even as Ike! HAHA" Things like that. Why the disparity?

Also, my opinion is that Ike hits Mid-High. If we say there's 5 ranks, 5 at best, he's in 4. Cuz he has so much melee range, KO power, and IASA frames. His lack of speed and projectiles is a disadvantage, to be sure, but still. He's not awful.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
*sigh* I wish this thread would just die already.

the people you fight are noobs who have yet to realize that pressing L causes your character to shield. Simple as that no ifs ands or buts about it.

Also he has barely any IASA frames or at least not enough. He doesn't actually lack speed and the projectile has nothing to do with it look at Marth. It is his move set that is to slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom