• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's role in SSE

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I imagine Ike will wander in on his own accord. If they added the Greil Mercenaries in, they would need 9 models (plus Mia, if you want to count RD), which would take a lot of time for a 5-second cameo in SE.

I can see Ike being teamed up with Samus. It seems that the pairings so far are pretty complementary to one another, and Ike's close-range power coupled with Samus' long range (and speed as Zamus) would make a good team.

The perfect introduction for Ike: He's standing on the edge of a cliff, in that badass pose with his sword stuck into the ground and cape blowing in the wind. He sees the detonation of a Subspace bomb in the valley below, grabs his sword, and runs off toward it.
Near the edge of the explosion, he finds a few wounded generic enemies (Goombas and Octoroks and the like), as well as Samus, who was fighting a giant Dodongo. The Subspace bomb destroyed Samus' suit, leaving her as Zamus, as well as her ship, though she was able to send a distress signal on multiple frequencies (which would prompt Fox and Captain Falcon into action later in the story). Ike agrees to travel with Zamus, and together, they'll find the maker of the strange bombs and restore the area to normal.
I think it would be even more awesome if Ike pulled his sword out of the ground effortlessly, threw it up in the air, jumped up to get it, and went plummeting down to the ground. When he reaches the ground, he starts rushing as fast as he can to the source of the explosion.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
^ You mean like Aether? That attack looks so cool, I wish he used it more often in the FE games.

Er, wait... so he spots the SSE, while looking all badass on the edge of a cliff... basically just looking like that badass that he is as he starts his pursuit. ;D Because that's what it's probably going to be. Not like I would complain.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I like that idea. I like seeing Ike in awesome poses. ^_^

Hey, Ri...how did you post that at 11:22 if your school starts today...? (Oh wait, time zone difference, but that much? >_> I'm central time, are you behind or ahead of me?)

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Heh, yeah, I always end up in classes in the computer lab, and also free periods in which I have an hour of free internetz. X3

Seeing Ike kill aliens... like *insert random alien movie*.... or Independence Day. XD

Someone said Ike's pose from the commercial is actually him just standing around, not a taunt. I wanna see Ike's taunts...

Torchik

Smash Ace
I'm so jealous...

Anyway, his taunts must be awesome if that's just his pose. I don't wanna know them. I like to find out taunts when I get the game. ^_^

*sigh* Now off to school, with NO free periods...

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Man, I remember Pikmin, and the feeling of "I'm doomed". That's why I liked the second one much better, with no real time limit.

I bet if Ike were to meet with Olimar, some villain would use some spell to try to kill him but instead he ends up shrinking to the size of about a quarter, and runs into Olimar, in which a level very much like a particular family 90's movie occurs, walking through the grass fighting bugs. LOL.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
I am such a fussy writer, I have to be certain that the writing is as good as I can make it.

I can't believe I still remember "Honey I Shrunk the Kinds". Now I feel REALLY old.

Yeah, I remember playing Pikmin 1 and I recall the feeling of having your army completely decimated, and not having enough Pikmin to bring the ship part back to the ship. And not being about to get the remaining necessary parts for the 30th day . DDDX

Torchik

Smash Ace
Wait, is it funny stupid or funny serious? Cause if it's like "Ike was fighting Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff got scared and jumped off a cliff to it's doom." you're gonna have to change it.

Oh, I want that wall paper, you better send it to me when you get it!

Torchik

Smash Ace
After playing RD for a while, I found out that I actually DO like RD Ike. He's cool. ^_^ I wouldn't mind him as my big brother either.

Oh, oh! I have a question. I was playing the level in the "death caves" in RD and Mist accidentally died, but she ran off the screen instead of actually dieing so she's still there. She's never playable though, she only appears in certain scenes. Will I ever get her back?! (Oh, and Lethe died once, ran off the screen, but she came back.) I really liked Mist!!!

Hmmm, haha, it's gonna be hard to sound younger.

SEND IT TO ME!!! YOU'RE SO LAZY!!

Oh, and it's the weekend, so you better set up your Wii! I'm gonna be soooooo mad if you don't.

Miller

Smash Lord
C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

From all the offtopic stuffs
Okay, Since the SSE are blowing up worlds, maybe Ike hears that after there done with the Smash World, their next target is Telius, Which makes him go uber shmecksie, and go ape shiet all over the SSE.

Just a thought ^_^

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hey!! You broke our off-topicness!! Grrrr...

Oh, that would be good! I don't see why Ike can't just help out because he wants to though...everyone thinks he only wants to help because HIS world is in danger. He's not selfish!

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
For Ike's boss fights, I'd say the Black Knight. Sure, they want to intertwine all the games and make different characters fight different bosses, but Ragnell (Ike's sword) is the only thing that can cut through the Black Knight's armour, therefore Ike is the only one who can kill him.

Torchik

Smash Ace
For Ike's boss fights, I'd say the Black Knight. Sure, they want to intertwine all the games and make different characters fight different bosses, but Ragnell (Ike's sword) is the only thing that can cut through the Black Knight's armour, therefore Ike is the only one who can kill him.
Not necessarily. I mean, in the FE games, did they even know that Samus's arm canon existed? I'm pretty sure her missiles or charged shot could break through. >_> Or maybe Zelda's magic can destroy it...

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
The armour's blessed by a goddess who'd probably know of all existence and the rest of that omnipresence ****, so she'd probably know about it.

So I'd be pretty sure it was only Ragnell.

scotchtape622

Smash Cadet
Major RD spoiler:

Don't forget, in the end of the game Yune tells Ike that the gods aren't perfect, and they could never anticipate everything. I'm sure things like the Master Sword, things with a lot of splash damage :p and other stuff with divine powers could beat the black knight.

Miller

Smash Lord
LIES ABOUT ONLY RAGNELL HURTING TEH ARMORZ OF BLACKNESS

Remember, Ashnards armor was blessed too. Tibarn and Nasir ripped him to shreds. Its more or less if the person is fukken awesome or not.

Top Bottom