• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's role in SSE

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
any rivalry like that would be great but i just want one of every character and they are all obsessed and good with smash so i can get better if i cant get every character ill just do the same thing i did in ssbm we started playing a lot of smash summer 06 i was the worst (marth) i played friends then when i thought couldnt get any better i stumbled onto an AHTP for ssbm learned everything mastered it so ill the same thing in smash except i want to be a leader for ike users and develop ikes metaame when brawl comes out
i want to take a long time developing his metagame itll be an epic time

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
im pretty sure im not debating anything bout ike but anyway check ur messages but back on topic ike should have an epic ending like a catastroaphic battle with uuuuhhhh idk :(

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Well, yes Ike is more awesome in pretty much every aspect, and I'd pick Ike over Link if they fought each other, but Link was the star of the game series that got me interested in video games! You know, old loyalty and crap. *points at avatar*

Anyway, I have to stop myself from saying Ike should team up with Soren, as I am really close to making a Soren support thread... I need someone to dare me first to do it.

I have the feeling Ike will appear later in SSE... I can't wait to see a cutscene with his first appearance.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeah he would put every character in shock by his awesome power and a huge long gold blade

really really deep voice
eeeeeeppppppiiiiiiiccccccc

Torchik

Smash Ace
Death, don't do it! Don't lower yourself to that level. You know he has no chance!!! >_>

Ewwww, not TOO deep of a voice, I liked his voice in PoR. Oh wow, I can't wait for those cutscenes either, Ike is gonna look so awesome!! ^_^

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why everyone seems to keep thinking that characters will ALWAYS go after their series' villain. Mario doesn't have to go after Bowser, DK doesn't have to go after King K. Rool, Kirby doesn't have to go after King Dedede, Ike doesn't have to go after Black Knight!

The point of the Subspace Emissary was to intertwine the stories of all of Nintendo's biggest star into one package. This is why Fox and Diddy Kong fight Rayquaza, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong fight Bowser, Kirby fights Petey Piranha, etc.

So if I were to take a guess, I'd say that we can take so many chances, and not get until we finally play through the Subspace Emissary ourselves ;)

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yeah, we don't need another support thread for another implausible character. *sniffle*

Tch, Ike's RD voice isn't... that bad... But... to imagine the change from the first to the second... is only described as... this face O_o

Huge spoilers in this vid. But you can hear his voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNK_dVs4Up0

I don't see why everyone seems to keep thinking that characters will ALWAYS go after their series' villain. Mario doesn't have to go after Bowser, DK doesn't have to go after King K. Rool, Kirby doesn't have to go after King Dedede, Ike doesn't have to go after Black Knight!
Yeah... but it would be awesome, don't you think?

Well, I would like to see Ike fight Ganondorf then. :chuckle:

The Attorney

Smash Rookie
Well, Ike is obviously not fighting the Primid as seen in the video. So, I think he probably jsut got jumped by them at some point along the way, and then, when all hope seems lost, Samus jumps in and saves him.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Oh, good idea Death!! Ganondorf v. Ike, that would be awesome. By the way, check your messages. Oh, and I decided that you're in the Ike User's Club (working title ^_^) with me and Roith! Hehe, and glad to see another Ike supporter, Attorney!

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
YAY! I'm in the Ike users club. I'll help you to think of a name... later XD Check your messages, Torchik.

Other possible characters he could team with... Probably the most absurd boss fight could be Ike vs. King Dedede. Imagine Ike walking through the unknown lands... when he is suddenly ambushed by... A GIANT PENGUIN WEARING A ROBE WITH A HAMMER!

Wait, SSE's storyline is roughly "Aliens from another dimension blow up worlds to put them in another dimension, and the charas have to stop the aliens by teaming up". You know what? This inspires me to make a fanfic of the SSE. Of course starring Ike.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Okies! ^_^

Hehe, that made me lol! Ike would be like ".........>__>'"

Oh my gosh!!! DO EET! I need a good fanfic to read, AND it's starring Ike! What could be better? I'm sure it'll be good! ^.^

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
I looked at the suggestion in earlier pages... and read someone's suggestion that Ike has a contract against Dedede as he is a corrupt noble. This is getting really fun XD

Perhaps if/when I write the fanfic, I'll use suggestions here.

OT: Does anyone know any good SSE style fics?

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... but searching through that site is like torture... *shiver*

I guess I'll start it tomorrow or something. (I has much free time) I fail at writing funny stories so it will probably be all serious and stuffs.

To make this post on-topic... I bet whe he sees the Starfox characters... he'll think "Laguz"! XD

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hey death we go back to school same day sucks for torch lol

yeah what if like caineghis was in ssbb or giffca (BLACK LION better then red)
maybe ranulf

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hey! You guys are so lucky...I shouldn't have to go back to school till then either. Two extra days is pointless! How old are you guys? I know Johnny's not much older than me, what about you Death/Riva (What do you want me to call you? I'm calling Roith Johnny no matter what. ^_^)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
b day 9/17/92

but yah laguz would be too good unless they do the same thing to them that they did to ike:)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ohhh i no some freshmen who r older then me that probly had some trouble das ok i hate talkin bout school but this is smash so age doesnt matter

except i still get gold suit ike b/ci rule

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
B-day 2/18/90... now I feel really old... I'm a a HS senior...

Let us not speak of school though.

Most people have problems spelling/ pronouncing my name, and for some people "Riva" is too hard. O_o

Therefore people simply call me Ri. ^^

I got the idea that we entertain the ideas "what if Ike ran into (insert character) in SSE?"

Like... Kirby. How would he react to a pink blob that eats everything?

Torchik

Smash Ace
Ha! You're only a senior? I thought you were like, 20 or somethin!

Anyway, hmmmm...He would probably try talking to it, then since Kirby doesn't talk, he would just ignore it I suppose. Then, Kirby would try to get his attention, get ignored, and try to suck him up. Which would engage them in a battle. That was a really bad one but I dunno what would happen with Kirby. ^_^'

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
but wasnt kirby involved with mario i think they will stay partners wait no kirby was peaches bud

whats cooler than an ike with cooler colors?

MEEEEE?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ok we need to get back on topic here before it gets closed

...........................................yeaah
ike needs a sword partner in sse well id like that not link though

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
If Link and Ike had a duel, that would make sense, as many things in SSBM had matches between Link and Marth, like the event in event mode, or Marth's ending pic.

This ending pic, btw.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u225/deathparasol/mars_360.jpg

Perhaps that will be continued. I haven't been watching many action movies with swords lately... so I try to imagine a medium-speed sword fighter (Link) vs. heavy sword wielder Ike.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
that would be epic if it was a sse cutscene
a battle between ike and link (no long range a true sword battle)

iMichael

Smash Lord
Ugh, fine, I guess he could duel Link. I dunno why, but I hold a grudge against Link. I would much rather see Ike with Lucas. ^_^
Why would he duel with Link? The threat is the Subspace Army.......Ike and Link team up...that would be great, but in the video we could see Ike heading into a temple or forest, while he was fighting on his own.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeahhh but idc bout SSE really i just want to do 1 V 1's
and train
and find everything bout ike and develop his metagame

so may e i wont come back to this but i probly will

Torchik

Smash Ace
Why would he duel with Link? The threat is the Subspace Army.......Ike and Link team up...that would be great, but in the video we could see Ike heading into a temple or forest, while he was fighting on his own.
Hey! I'm not the one who said they should duel, thank you very much! I just said I guess it's a possibility to agree with Death's statement. -_- I said that I think Lucas and Ike should TEAM UP! Hmph.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Tch, you know how people are at first... they might percieve each other as enemies, duel and then team up after someone comes in and settles the problem (and they realize they have a bigger problem, aka the SSE) . Hey, any excuse is good enough for me, I would just like a cutscene of a duel.

What about... Pikachu? Someone suggest that earlier.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Tch, you know how people are at first... they might percieve each other as enemies, duel and then team up after someone comes in and settles the problem (and they realize they have a bigger problem, aka the SSE) . Hey, any excuse is good enough for me, I would just like a cutscene of a duel.

What about... Pikachu? Someone suggest that earlier.
yeah, people meet and see each other as a threat...plus isnt Link and Yoshi together(for part of it)

pikachu and PT team up i think

Top Bottom