• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's role in SSE

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Well, what do you think? Will he be in his own world with his mercenary group when the Primids attack, or might he randomly come to save the day like Fox (who may or may not have had his world already destroyed and escaped via Arwing)?

I'm pretty sure he's going to be in there, as probably every starter character is involved, and I'm pretty as well that he's a starter. Although it would be fun to have ALL characters in there.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
he may just be by himself.

in the end of RD he reverts to his original costume and it says he goes off by himself and if anyone asks about him they'll get an interesting story.

that may be nothing, but that would be funny if they were talking about brawl.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
i was thinking he could be chasing the black knight while the PT is chasing pikachu and then ike and PT run into each other and team up.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I hope that the Black Knight is involved in some way. Perhaps as a boss with a stamina style battle (like the Link vs. Dark Link event)? I think Ike is worthy of his own story.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Even though this isn't going to happen I would think his appearance something like this:
He is traveling alone since that's how u could end RD then he encounters Marth and Roy or they all encounter eachother and decides to team up once they've realised the Subspace Army's threat and that they're all good characters.

It's not rly detailed but I thought something like that would be cool since they're all FE characters and Marth & Roy have" experience from Melee".
Still since characters like Pichu etc are probably gonna disappear it seems unlikely that Roy & Marth can join and also the fact that they both come from completly different times and worlds in the FE series.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I imagine Ike will wander in on his own accord. If they added the Greil Mercenaries in, they would need 9 models (plus Mia, if you want to count RD), which would take a lot of time for a 5-second cameo in SE.

I can see Ike being teamed up with Samus. It seems that the pairings so far are pretty complementary to one another, and Ike's close-range power coupled with Samus' long range (and speed as Zamus) would make a good team.

The perfect introduction for Ike: He's standing on the edge of a cliff, in that badass pose with his sword stuck into the ground and cape blowing in the wind. He sees the detonation of a Subspace bomb in the valley below, grabs his sword, and runs off toward it.
Near the edge of the explosion, he finds a few wounded generic enemies (Goombas and Octoroks and the like), as well as Samus, who was fighting a giant Dodongo. The Subspace bomb destroyed Samus' suit, leaving her as Zamus, as well as her ship, though she was able to send a distress signal on multiple frequencies (which would prompt Fox and Captain Falcon into action later in the story). Ike agrees to travel with Zamus, and together, they'll find the maker of the strange bombs and restore the area to normal.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
he may just be by himself.

in the end of RD he reverts to his original costume and it says he goes off by himself and if anyone asks about him they'll get an interesting story.

that may be nothing, but that would be funny if they were talking about brawl.
I was thinking that too. However the only Greil Merc I think that would get a cameo is Soren because of Ike's A support with him.

I can imagine Ike and Samus too. Old world *** beating and space age beating working together.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Maybe MK kills his sister *sniff* and he wants revenge, so he teams up with Mega Man and a koopa to get revenge, but the Black Knight stands in his way, so he becomes as fast as Marth (not to point fingers at who's slow) ;)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I think that he will be chasing the Black Knight at first and after a boss battle between the two the primids attack and Ike is pulled into the whole SE storyline. If he and Falcon team up I will die a happy man.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a mercenary, which means the Sub-Space army could hire him and make Ike a bad guy.
Ike fights for what he thinks is right, he would never pair with people like the SSE.

Ike and Snake would be a compliment too. Ike's "in-yo-face" fighting style Vs. Snake's stealth.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
They're always beating on each other in Ike's profile. Samus is present in all three of Ike's profile updates. They seem like a good fit anyway. A warrior of ancient times paired with a warrior of the future.
You could say that about Pikachu and Kirby. ANd I said the thing about Ike and Sam too.

I could imagine Dedede and Ike. Corrupted ruler and a uniter of people.

Miller

Smash Lord
I feel that Ike will probably NOT be chasing after the BK because if you played it
you already know that he dies in RD

I think that Ike and Soren will be walking together when Ridley attacks Soren, kidnaps him and then Ike takes chase then him and Samus bump into eachother then you both battle Ridley.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Ike will probably NOT be chasing after the BK because if you played it
you already know that he dies in RD

I think that Ike and Soren will be walking together when Ridley attacks Soren, kidnaps him and then Ike takes chase then him and Samus bump into eachother then you both battle Ridley.
Ike doesn't bump. He crushes.

Also my only issue with the SOren thing is that it might disapoint people when they find out they can't use him.

Miller

Smash Lord
Haha true, Ike does crush, but Thats what I thinks going to happen. But Id also love to play as Soren >.<

SOREN FOR GOD TIER xD

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I would love to play as Sothe too.
ahh so I'm NOT the only one. :)

I think it would be cool if Ike teamed up with link. It would be funny to see Ike randomly appear in Hyrule while traveling and then see link chasing after some enemy (Ganondorf maybe?) and offer his help.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
thatd be great cuz i wanna use ike and my friend (used to for a VERY long time) use link so we'd hav fun with that part of subspace.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Volke would be cool, but impossible.

Anyway, I want to see a really mismatched pair. Like Ike and Pikachu.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Volke would be cool, but impossible.

Anyway, I want to see a really mismatched pair. Like Ike and Pikachu.
Any humanoid with Pikachu is pure hilarity, save Pokemon Trainer. Pika and Snake, Pika and Samus, Pika and Ike. All equally good choices.

Pikachu running from the Subspace army and runs into Snake or Ike and they save the rat and team up, gotta happen.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Ok, Ike'll get his own story. Fox will, too. Didn't you notice the Arwing getting shot down on the Halberd in Kirby/Peach's cutscenes?

Ike will be wandering through a field/meadow/forest, going to a castle. He starts to see the castle, then it is engulfed by a subspace bomb.

Naturally, he investigates.

From there, I see him teaming with another starter, I'm personally thinking Zelda.

Rakath

Smash Ace
We've seen Zelda in Subspace, so I doubt Zelda will be his partner.

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
He'll clearly be on a contract to take out Dedede (Ike hates corrupt nobles and loves taking contracts to have one taken out). When the two of them finally meet, Ike learns of Nightmare and how Dedede has been trying to hide it. Ike empathizes with him, and then there will be a boss fight between Ike/Dedede and the Nightmare. :D

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
He'll clearly be on a contract to take out Dedede (Ike hates corrupt nobles and loves taking contracts to have one taken out). When the two of them finally meet, Ike learns of Nightmare and how Dedede has been trying to hide it. Ike empathizes with him, and then there will be a boss fight between Ike/Dedede and the Nightmare. :D
I don't think the whole "Loves to kill nobles" thing works. However, I see Dedede taking out a contract to help fight the Nightmare.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Perhaps he'll team up with Lucas. I know it seems a little far fetched, but maybe. Lucas could be getting chased by an enemy from the Subspace Army, then Ike spots him and comes to his rescue. It would be like a big brother, little brother relationship. Anyway, I dunno, just thought that might be interesting. (I also think Lucas could be with PT.)

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
while all the insanity in the SE stadium is going on ike and the greil mercenaries arrive and battle the primids while they are fighting the Black Knight warps in via warp powder, naturally ike runs up to him, they converse and engage in battle

i think that would be awesome, the first part is remniscent of the return of the greil mercs in RD

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
while all the insanity in the SE stadium is going on ike and the greil mercenaries arrive and battle the primids while they are fighting the Black Knight warps in via warp powder, naturally ike runs up to him, they converse and engage in battle

i think that would be awesome, the first part is remniscent of the return of the greil mercs in RD
1. Greil Mercs will get no mention.
2. BK is dead. Ike spend his last moments with him.

Miller

Smash Lord
Obviously hes dead in Radiant dawn aswell as smash, Ike already conquered him, he doesnt have to do it again.

Rakath

Smash Ace
CANON IS NOT CANON IN SMASH-SPARTA.

You can't rightly say 'this can't be because of x' due to the fact that Mario is fighting Kirby while Zelda watches them. Then else where Rayquaza captures Diddy and Fox saves him. DO NOT EXPECT SENSE!

Whatever happened in Black Knight in RD doesn't mean it happened in Smash, and Ike can still have to fight him.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I really can't see the BK doing that much. The BK isn't a villian. He just seeks justice in a different path.

Top Bottom