• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Grab + Aether

•Col•

Smash Champion
It has nothing to do with IASA frames, bair autocancels if you do it on ascent of a short hop. Meaning if you short hop and hit back air as you are rising, it will end before/as your feet hit the ground, and therefore there will be no landing lag at all.
Lol... I was thinking that last night... I was like "I thought IASA frames were only on some ground type moves like Marth's d-tilt... W/e I don't care and I can't remember the actual word for it..." xD

Lol, I forget that you can make it not have any landing lag... o-o Are you sure there is absolutely 0 landing lag? It's been a while since I played Brawl, and I've been neglecting Ike a lot recently... D: Only a few days ago did I go back to Ike because he was my original main...

XACE-K

Smash Master
It has nothing to do with IASA frames, bair autocancels if you do it on ascent of a short hop. Meaning if you short hop and hit back air as you are rising, it will end before/as your feet hit the ground, and therefore there will be no landing lag at all.
I thought it was IASA frames. Well what I said was right except for the IASA part, I think.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Hey guys I have this amazing combo. I grab someone, and throw them forward, if they dont move or jump or act at all I run forward and do it again. It's an infinite, and I invented it.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
What's sarcasm?

Colaya said:
Lol, I forget that you can make it not have any landing lag... o-o Are you sure there is absolutely 0 landing lag? It's been a while since I played Brawl, and I've been neglecting Ike a lot recently...
Yes, 100% sure, you can autocancel backairs repeatedly as an approach, a spacing maneuver, a retreat function, or a mindgame. If you mix this up with nair you have a very mobile method of spacing for ike and for some reason it throws people off on retaliation and lands them into ftilts and fsmashes pretty handily if done correctly. I have a bunch of replays but theyre on a friend's wii >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuretUetccE&fmt=18 1:05, notice the power shield immediately on landing after throwing a back air.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Hey guys I have this amazing combo. I grab someone, and throw them forward, if they dont move or jump or act at all I run forward and do it again. It's an infinite, and I invented it.
I feel like I'm being made fun of... well I didn't really claim my thing was a combo and it probably isn't. just something that I thought of and had in my mind these 2 weeks with out my wii

Top Bottom