• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike or ROY AND Marth?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth will likely be nerfed from his Melee self if he does return though, knockback reduced on tippers and what not.
By tippers you mean his F-smash and Dair right? Everything else was fine knockback-wise. Then just reduce the stun on his fair and utilt and change some lags here an there (make his u-tilt and d-tilt have more lag, ect.) and he'll be fine. Won't be broken, but he'll still be good.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, you don't balance characters by making them suck. Look at Kirby. It's evident that they don't know how to really balance characters, as is evident with Peach, so let's just see how it turns out.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you don't balance characters by making them suck. Look at Kirby. It's evident that they don't know how to really balance characters, as is evident with Peach, so let's just see how it turns out.
its not that certain characters suck or not, it's more of a... how well can they be used by a noob. As for the topic, I don't think I should make a decision, since I never played with Ike, so I don't really know him.

Cless

Smash Champion
its not that certain characters suck or not, it's more of a... how well can they be used by a noob. As for the topic, I don't think I should make a decision, since I never played with Ike, so I don't really know him.
That's not true at all. Fox and Falco take lots of practice to use correctly. Would you consider them newb friendly? They're plenty ridiculous.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
idk why im asking this but gundo ur gona use MK( i mean i could be wrong im just assuming things) ur PM got me thinking bout 2 on 2's want to try it one day?

if so give me ur Wii friend code and add me of the characters i no of so far ike and MK would be the team i want

sry i no off topic

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeah its just for future reference for when brawl comes out we can hop to it

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
aaaanyway....

Brawl's mechanics/physics will be different...

So I really doubt Marth will remain the same...

The Attorney

Smash Rookie
The opinion of this attorney is that as long as Ike is in Brawl, I don't care whether Marth makes it in. Roy... well, I never played as Roy. I'm sure Roy is out anyways. but Ike is in anyways so I will welcome Marth... but I don't know whether he shall ever grace my screen, except to be pummeled by me.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
The opinion of this attorney is that as long as Ike is in Brawl, I don't care whether Marth makes it in. Roy... well, I never played as Roy. I'm sure Roy is out anyways. but Ike is in anyways so I will welcome Marth... but I don't know whether he shall ever grace my screen, except to be pummeled by me.

Unless Marth is a lot better than Ike... which he probably will be :ohwell:

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
By tippers you mean his F-smash and Dair right? Everything else was fine knockback-wise. Then just reduce the stun on his fair and utilt and change some lags here an there (make his u-tilt and d-tilt have more lag, ect.) and he'll be fine. Won't be broken, but he'll still be good.
Yea, thats what I had in mind. I do want Marth back though, he's a great character and my best in Melee. I lol'd when I was playing my buddy earlier today, I wavedashed onto the edge while he was recovering, and he called me cheap(lolz). I say that Im just playing to win ^_^ and had him go read Sirlin's articles ;p.

Cless

Smash Champion
Apparently, Ike is modeled somewhat after Sigurd's stats. I dunno. Ephraim would be nice if Japan didn't hate FE8 so much. Sakurai pretty much limited himself to either Micaiah or Ephraim though, so we'll see what happens. Maybe some more FE clones.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Ephraim is a lame character anyway... (not like Eirika though lol)...

Not just Japan hated FE8... it was just mediocre in terms of storyline, characters, and difficulty... and that is an opinion held by many many FE fans...

I can actually see Ephraim and Eirika as assists though...

Also, I don't see why people seem to say stats play a role in brawl inclusion... Ike isn't a general in PoR... yet they made him slow and powerful like one in brawl... (I say PoR because he is more tank-like in RD, and he looks more like his PoR self)...

Cless

Smash Champion
He is his PoR self. I was just saying the Sigurd thing because someone made a post about it. That's why I said apparently.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I wasn't arguing with you or anything...

I've just heard people say things about why characters should be just because of how they play in FE...

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, if Ike was his PoR self, there'd be no room for Marth if they wanted to make them different. Marth is the epitome of weak and fast.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Too bad he wasn't weak in Melee lol....

And PoR Ike and Marth are still very different...

They can get creative with movesets even if they were the same...

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, but it'd be like fast swordsman and fast swordsman with different b moves. Most people would see them as the same. Hell, they see them as the same now.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
lol... it's cause noobs don't like the idea of having two blue haired FE reps in brawl
(I want 3 :( )

OMG WE LEIK CANT TELL THEM APART!!!11!1

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Well Eliwood was OK... and Roy was meh...

So I suppose you're right...

Since Ephraim had greenish bluish hair he doesnt really count XP

Rakath

Smash Ace
Cless, I wasn't trying to say Ike was modeled on Sigurd's stats, its that Sigurd's stats fit the best (slow to move, good resolve taking hits, causing the world to break with the swing of his sword). My theory is that Ike's popularity might of bought him Sigurd's assumed spot in the roster.

Which for all we know might save Roy, maybe... Anyone else in shouldn't be a swordsman.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm just glad that Ike looks like the PoR version, not RD so Macaiah can still get in as playable.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't see what that has to do with anything. They could just choose to make someone from each universe playable.

Mounshadowz

Smash Rookie
Well, if Ike was his PoR self, there'd be no room for Marth if they wanted to make them different. Marth is the epitome of weak and fast.
Any one who says Marth is weak does not know how to tilt or use his tipper. I hope he comes back but if marth or a character similar to marth isn't in Brawl I'm going to have to main sonic.

Cless

Smash Champion
I was talking about FE firstly. Secondly, the tipper is an exception. That is a sweet spot for a fighting game.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
I never much liked Roy, as he was a very poor character. I'd be very happy to see Marth return to the game, as he is currently mained by very much of the smash community. Ike isn't very good, but he's a cool character with big moves. He'd be a fun low tier character.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I never much liked Roy, as he was a very poor character. I'd be very happy to see Marth return to the game, as he is currently mained by very much of the smash community. Ike isn't very good, but he's a cool character with big moves. He'd be a fun low tier character.
I disagree. Ike has potential to be worthy if used correctly. Ike has two recovery moves, a fast dash attack, a powerful ranged special attack in Eruption, and his FS is pretty decent. Plus, his hair isn't blue in my opinion. Its really indigo or a violet-like shade.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
That's not true at all. Fox and Falco take lots of practice to use correctly. Would you consider them newb friendly? They're plenty ridiculous.
I would concider Falco noob-friendly. Fox might be the only one that actually needs practice. Falco is much easier to control then fox.

Cless

Smash Champion
Control? Yes. Do good stuff with? I dunno about that. Just because a character is high on the tier list doesn't mean that they are instantly noob-friendly.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Control? Yes. Do good stuff with? I dunno about that. Just because a character is high on the tier list doesn't mean that they are instantly noob-friendly.

I concider them easier to control has cheap easy moves then most characters. with the exception of Fox. a noob with shiek, marth or falco can easily and usually beat a noob with pichu, G&W or Kirby.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, that's low level play. That doesn't really count for much. Besides, I remember when everyone thought Marth sucked and Roy was the ****.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ike and marth, id have a tough pick for my main but i would cream my pants though

Top Bottom