• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike or ROY AND Marth?

Cless

Smash Champion
I think that'd be best since the way Ike is nixes a lot of characters assuming Sakurai doesn't make clones. If he does, then that's an entirely different story.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it'd be like fast swordsman and fast swordsman with different b moves. Most people would see them as the same. Hell, they see them as the same now.
Except the fact that your wrong Ike is a very slow very strong character which is quite different than Marth.

Arch-Angel

Smash Rookie
I think that roy will be a comination of Ganondorf's movement and roy's attacks with like on or two new moves. I seriously hope marth returns, he was the best melee character in my opinion. That and i own with him :p But really i hope he does come back. Ike seems slow.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ikes activation is slow a bug in the demo probly
and in the vids ike does not seem very slow yeah slower then MK, mario and everyone else their, ike and bowser were the only heavy characters and with bowsers extreme buffs and ike's bugs everyone is faster
and how much i love roy he probly wont be in ssbb he was my 2nd

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
ikes activation is slow a bug in the demo probly
and in the vids ike does not seem very slow yeah slower then MK, mario and everyone else their, ike and bowser were the only heavy characters and with bowsers extreme buffs and ike's bugs everyone is faster
and how much i love roy he probly wont be in ssbb he was my 2nd
No his activiation is just slow because he's strong and slow.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
as gimpy said in the e4all demo there is a point while pushing the button lets say for a smash and ike does nothing then he move

sry for npt explaing well

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
as gimpy said in the e4all demo there is a point while pushing the button lets say for a smash and ike does nothing then he move

sry for npt explaing well

yeah... you're gonna have to clarify what you just said lol...

sorry :)

Saaji

Smash Rookie
I believe Roith is trying to say that there's a delay in Ike attacks due to poor detectablity for commands with Ike.

In other words Ike timing with inputed commands is off a couple of frames. As it takes him longer to react when told to attack....

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
OKAY ITS THE NEXT DAY IM NOT TIRED ITS NOT EARLY IN THE MORNING AND NOW I WONT SOUND STUPID :)

okay at e4all when u are phsicaly holding the controler ans u push > 2 (fsmash)
for a split sec ike does NOTHING
.....then he atks (animation begins)

all of this said by gimpy in my own words

i think that was a bug in the demo

iMichael

Smash Lord
OKAY ITS THE NEXT DAY IM NOT TIRED ITS NOT EARLY IN THE MORNING AND NOW I WONT SOUND STUPID :)

okay at e4all when u are phsicaly holding the controler ans u push > 2 (fsmash)
for a split sec ike does NOTHING
.....then he atks (animation begins)

all of this said by gimpy in my own words

i think that was a bug in the demo
I hope that was a bug in the demo, that would suck if that's how it was in the final version. That's just too much lag for Ike. There's a rumor or whatever that at Jumpfesta, Ike was buffed...that actually made me happy.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Ike was made quicker and weaker but not to much he's still G-dorfs level of strength and speed and he has less delay.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeah i no i read dat last night (techniqly morning)
but yeah i really couldnt go to bed b/c i was :)

EDIT:OMG SWEET BABY JESUS

Darkenedsoul

Smash Cadet
As someone who is going to main Ike I am kind kind of glad that they made him a tiny bit faster. On the demos I have seen he was too slow but I still would have played as him.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Heh, posting from school, cause I essentially have no class right now.

If the Japanese players say that he was good, I'd take their word for it. If he plays more like Roy, than I wonder to the fate of Roy. Certainly they have a different moveset, but another fire-using swordsman?

Darkenedsoul

Smash Cadet
Most of the main characters in fire emblem use swords. Also with Ike there using a two handed swordmen

Torchik

Smash Ace
Riiiiiii!! ^__________^ *sigh* Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! This is like the best day eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer! =DDDDD ^_^ Hehehehehe, anyway, I'm working on your sig right now! ^_^ Lalalalala! Hehe...!

Torchik

Smash Ace
Oh wait, it's only 1:30 in Cali right now, right? Haha, 3:30 here! ^_^ It's so warm, I love it! Yeppers, Photoshop is working, finally!

I hope Roy doesn't come back, he was a waste. =P ^_^

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
You can't? I don't see why it would be filtered... I can access it at my library, even.

Sorry to Roy fans, I am persuaded to believe that Roy may not make his return. Honestly, I would like more FE reps from FE 9/10, of course because those are the ones I like more (i.e. the only ones that I have played as). *points at sig*

Then again, there are ways to approach it. They may go with only world-wide release games, because even though Sakurai might still use some Japan-only games to promote them like he did with Marth and Roy, Fire Emblem needs no more promotion of older, Japan-only games in the series. (except FE1, but it's doubtful that the rest of the series will be ported in the near future. Although it would be interesting.)

Do you get what I'm saying? I might have to go and go to sleep, I'll make more sense when I'm not tired. XD

Smash Ace
with Ike in, I could really care less about Marth and Roy, particularly Marth (I'll steadfastly support Roy until his fate is sealed--good or bad). the characters from FE 9 & 10, the ones us Americans (and the rest of the world) are familiar with are far more exciting than boring old characters from FE1-6.

Those of you who don't agree, guess what? I really don't care.
=2007=

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I think that's what I was saying, Sakurai most likely picked ones we are more familiar with. But I wish there was possiblity of at least 4-5 reps... although unlikely unless we are gonna get something like the DBZ games... like EVERY character in existence. Although that would not be too bad IMO. So at least I could play as Soren. XD

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Ok people thinking downpowering Ike and making him slightly faster is a buff ....how so? it's only a buff because you're so used to melee where often speed = win. If you play other fighters you'd realise it's not always the case....Give me super-amour and strength over yet another fast swordsman any day.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay, let me say this CLEARLY! Having played all of their games, they are as diffrent as Fox, Luigi, and Bowser (literary tier-wise, lol ^_^). How Roy was a Marth clone is almost as dumb as Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone. He could have easily had a original moveset, but the time restrants with Melee blocked Sakurai from making such characters as Luigi, Falco, Young Link, Dr. Mario (in which if Sakurai had more time, it'd probably be Wario instead), and Ganondorf. Maybe Pichu. >_<

So ya, take my word for it. They can all be original characters. Meta Knight is considered by many E for All goers a Kirby in Melee clone (though instead of sucking, he dominates). King Dedede is probably the same. In other words, a new breed of clones....SEMI-CLONES! Luigi couldn't go that far, but they are. Maybe 8 or so similar moves at most, Ike, Marth, and Roy are even more diffrent then Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. I don't want to write my usual 5,000 word essay (:laugh:), so I think I'll explain that to you all later. But I've played each of their games, so I'm smarter then all of you on the matter! :grin:

And Marth is a shoe-in. Roy doesn't have too good shots. He's the most likely of the "shoe-out" characters, though, if that's worth anything. And this is Sakurai we're dealing with people-but don't get your hopes up. ;)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah I seen him as slow as a lot of other people did.

If this goes with what one of the Bowser topics went with. Heavier characters might get a better image.

-Onyx

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Meta Knight is considered by many E for All goers a Kirby in Melee clone (though instead of sucking, he dominates). King Dedede is probably the same.
That's pretty dumb Meta-Knight has no similarities to kirby, and Dedede only has a similar standard special meaning neither are even slightly clones of Kirby.

Cless

Smash Champion
2ch is what 4chan is based off of. Why do you people believe everything that comes out? I mean, I don't think Roy's gonna make it back either, but all of these rosters are getting old regardless of whether they're true or not. Can't we wait a week and a half?

Torchik

Smash Ace
Aaaahh the torture. When we see the revealed roster, I really hope they (as opposed to the fake rosters) will not put FE on the backburner, putting more popular Zelda reps instead. And this is coming from someone who likes the Zelda series.
*sighs in dissapointment* You and your foolish Zelda supporting. ^_^

(Have you gotten your Wii connected yet?!)

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
*sighs in dissapointment* You and your foolish Zelda supporting. ^_^

(Have you gotten your Wii connected yet?!)
:p

LOL.

But yeah, I am actually content with Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda for Brawl. If they could put at least 3-4 FE reps... I would be perfectly contented with that.

(Not yet, been busy with school, work, and other stuff, but over the weekend I bet I could.)

Top Bottom