• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike or ROY AND Marth?

ALZAUARTIS

Smash Cadet
Ike is gonna be a great character.I think it would be better if Roy and Marh instead of Ike.Anyway 1ke would be a great character t00!

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
They need to give him at least one fast move, like a fair or something. Kinda like bowser in melee, at least he had his up b and fair.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
im seriously gonna hate ike if marth and roy dont return! not roy that much cuz i alredy know he doesnt have a big chance but he was my main for a really long time!!

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Ahahahahah!!!!

Seriously, lol.
I'm trying to understand why you bothered to post.

Although I did main Roy honestly I think Ike is cooler than them both I rely on my own skill not that of the character so I only judge based on appearances, and I like Ike's look the best. I never was a fan of Marth, he's too much of a fem boy. If any other FE character makes it in (which I'm sure at least one more will) I hope it's Sothe.

Cless

Smash Champion
It's called bishounen and there are other people besides people from PoR and RD. If Sothe by some chance does make it, there'd be no reason to have Shiek anymore anyway.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping Ike will be fixed or something to make him not garbage tier :(. Roy and Marth shall not come back >( I seriously don't like them.

Btw. Cless cool sig. It's awesome seeing another "Tales of" fan around here ^-^

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
It's called bishounen and there are other people besides people from PoR and RD. If Sothe by some chance does make it, there'd be no reason to have Shiek anymore anyway.
Just cause Marth is sorta fem doesn't mean he's bishonen or whatever or that Nintendo planned to make marth with this definition in mind. Please take your anime otaku terms elsewhere.

Cless

Smash Champion
Bishounen means beautiful boy, which Marth is. Bishounen characters are made to appeal to a female audience, which Marth does.

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
ok everyone listen: Marth WILL return. he's 1st FE main hero, way too popular, ( in jp and usa), and best character of the three mentioned. im completely sure he IS a better char than actual ike, and definite ike too if they dont fix him before the release.
bishounen? WTF?- he's fem and wears a tiara, so what? really gay poeple get more acceptance. stop posting threads like this... ..

(bishounen... can u believe it?)

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, fine whatever. I know Marth's going to be back. He's the FE poster boy. They even have an anime for him, but Marth isn't better than Ike in FE. Marth is a weak lord. Ike is one of the strongest characters ever in FE. Though that has nothing to do with Smash anyways.

Bishounen doesn't mean gay by the way.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Maybe if Nintendo buffed Ike's speed to Roy like levels, but slightly buffed Ike's attack...

They could add BK. However, if Sakurai is as stubborn as a mule, Marth is going to likely return, coming with a newcomer, possibly a Lord or villain, like Micaiah or the lesser Bertram, or a Roy, AKA an underdog, like Nephenee, Boyd, or Stephan.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, fine whatever. I know Marth's going to be back. He's the FE poster boy. They even have an anime for him, but Marth isn't better than Ike in FE. Marth is a weak lord. Ike is one of the strongest characters ever in FE. Though that has nothing to do with Smash anyways.

Bishounen doesn't mean gay by the way.
I'm not going to disagree with you, but I think Marths chances would be much higher if FE1 fore DS came out a bit sooner. Yes he WAS a poster boy, but until his return on DS Sothe and Ike have taken that role. His anime sucked and was 2 episodes long.

Bishounen=Fem boy. same difference, and yeah it doesn't mean gay fortunatley. Sothe could be considered atad bishie aswell but his man arms and sheer awsomeness mak him more manly than Marth, and therefor I do hope he makes it in. I agree with you about the Sheik thing, though he would be similair I thinks they could find a way for he and Sheik to co-exist.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Marth's tiara was a momentum thingy from a certain female who was special in his life. I think it was his sister, but I forgot. Anyways, if you haven't seen the OVA, watch it lol. It's pretty old but still too good.

Marth was in the first Fire Emblem game (Sword of Light, And Dragon of Darkness, or something like that).

Infact Nintendo is making a FE1 remake for the Wii.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Marth's tiara was a momentum thingy from a certain female who was special in his life. I think it was his sister, but I forgot. Anyways, if you haven't seen the OVA, watch it lol. It's pretty old but still too good.

Marth was in the first Fire Emblem game (Sword of Light, And Dragon of Darkness, or something like that).

I knew that, but just cus it want a momento from his sis doesn't mean he had to wear it...

the first and the third.

where did you hear that? The only FE1 remake I've heard of is for the DS. here tis screenshots. unless you mean the virtual console version?

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/826/826164/first-look-fire-emblem-20071010082530748.jpg

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/826/826164/first-look-fire-emblem-20071010082530373.jpg

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/826/826164/first-look-fire-emblem-20071010082529920.jpg

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's an FE1 remake for the DS and Marth is in FE1 and FE3 which is a sequel to FE1. The tiara is from his sister who got kidnapped. I mean I'm sure it's emotional, but it's a tiara. Tiara's are for girls.

Marth is one of the more popular FE characters though, isn't he? I mean he is the original lord, he started the FE lord archetype, and he's already in smash. It doesn't make much sense to kick him out. Besides, Roy was put in to promote FE6 apparently. I don't think it matters much when the game is going to come out. I really don't want Sothe in the game though. One character per FE timeline is enough, so they would have Ike, Marth, Lyn, and someone from 4 and 5. I don't know much about FE2.

It's not specifically feminine, but close enough. Same difference. I don't really care anymore.

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
Ike seems to be a great character, I've been watching him ever since his unvieling, despite what people think of him. Ike has a lot of poential and if you think about it and have seen it, Ike does have an interesting dodge formation in which might work in his favor. Nonetheless, I do feel that Ike should be in as he is, and Marth as we know has a good chance of being in due to his upcoming title for the Nintendo DS. Nonetheless, I prefer Roy over Marth any day, and hence, I would absolutely love to see the inclusion of Ike and Roy together. I never truly cared for Marth's formation and statistics.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
One of the reasons they dropped so many characters from Melee to Brawl was to get rid of the repeats. Since Ike is in... I don't know if either Marth or Roy will return. I am sad because Marth was my main man. His speed and ability to juggle like it was no one's business made him insane and havoc for my friends. I would prefer to have Marth back... But if he doesn't make an entrance.. I wll be working my balls off to get Ike just as insane as my Marth.

Oh yeah... can we get back to topic and off of the background stories...... But i wouldn't mind the original FE to come out on Wii.. i will have to get a DS if it doesn't.

Cless

Smash Champion
Because Ike fights so much like Marth that he must be a clone. Marth is Fire Emblem. He'll most likely be back. Roy though... did FE6 even sell well?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord

I know, but I like to believe that Marth stole his Tiara from his sister because he thought he looked pretty in it and that he's queer. that's how jealous I am that Marth is better then Roy.

Eki

Smash Cadet
OK Ike is going to be a good character even though Nintendo made him unvirtualistic from the Previous Fire Emblem Games. He isn't slow in those end of story. Also Yes to roy and marth but this about this.

EPHRAIM!!!!!!

rayecho

Smash Ace
i hope everyone soon realizes that they let people play the DEMO of Brawl, not the real thing. so anything can change, even his speed..........

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
*beats head on desk*

Ike != great character. Sure you can learn to use him and be pretty good, but it won't make him a good character.

Also, Marth has not been deconfirmed in anyway, nor is he gay... I don't even see where people are getting that from. There is absolutely no evidence in any game, manga, or OVA that he is homosexual (if anything you would see otherwise), and what would it matter if he was anyway?

Cless

Smash Champion
No one said that Marth was gay...

Ike boards need to get off of that. That topic has sparked way too much controversy for no reason.

Btw, I noticed that you have 500+ posts in a month. Impressive.

rayecho

Smash Ace
Everyone does realize that, but we need something to talk about, so we talk about current Ike.
well in that case, Ike is slow probably because of his raw killing power, i hope they change his speed because i want to use him a lot when the game comes out.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Roy definately won't return. He was, as people say, just an advertisement,

FE6, along with the other GBA FEs, aren't held in high regard.
The JP have considered those games to be the worse of the FE series. Though I like FE6 still. <.<

About Marth, he will defintaely come back. He's like, the star of Fire Emblem.

I know Micaiah and Sothe have a low shot at getting in Brawl, but meh, I wish they could. <.< I'd love having one of them in, even though Tellius already has a representative. (So maybe Sigurd? I dunno.)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm trying to understand why you bothered to post.

Although I did main Roy honestly I think Ike is cooler than them both I rely on my own skill not that of the character so I only judge based on appearances, and I like Ike's look the best. I never was a fan of Marth, he's too much of a fem boy. If any other FE character makes it in (which I'm sure at least one more will) I hope it's Sothe.
If there are 3 FE characters they'll be Ike, Marth and(hopefully) Macaiah.

iMichael

Smash Lord
well in that case, Ike is slow probably because of his raw killing power, i hope they change his speed because i want to use him a lot when the game comes out.
Another reason I think the game was delayed was to touch-up on Ike's recover. It's too vertical like Luigi and that's bad because Luigi was floaty, but Ike doesn't look floaty at all. I'm not saying this was the main reason the delay happened, but one of the reasons.

Ike can do his > B and Luigi too...I already know. It's kind of stupid though because Luigi could do it as many times as possible, Ike goes into a free-falling state.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
If there are 3 FE characters they'll be Ike, Marth and(hopefully) Macaiah.
Yeah, most likely. Then we'd have a rediculously slow and powerful swordsman, a fast and weak swordsman, and a......not swordsman.:laugh:

BTW you spelled her name wrong. It's Micaiah, not Macaiah.

Top Bottom