• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike or ROY AND Marth?

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Geez.. i'm lazy... i don't have a job when i should.

Umm... FE is the best series i play... followed closely by Prince of Persia... Metroid.. Zelda... and Mario... in no particluar order

So i choose Ike over Roy for sure and he is a welcomed change from Marth... although i am slowly changing my thought process to thinking that Marth might possible could be with a pretty good chance be in brawl.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
wow you two. this is like the second thread i've seen you guys talking about either jobs or bookstores... or both.
but i'll actually make a post that's relavent to this thread...
I WOULD NEVER CHOOSE BOTH ROY AND MARTH OVER IKE!
yeah. never. Ike is the coolest Fire Emblem commander ever. Plus he's a mercenary!!!
which is wayyyy cooler than marth and roy who were like princes or noble peoples or whatever.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hehe, it's not our fault we like to talk.

Okay, I officially decided who should be a playable character for sure: The Apostle!!!!

Sanaki is awesome and she's an amazing caster. She's also (technically) a lord AND a female. Plus, she's sooooo much better than Micaiah. Go Sanaki! ^_^

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
yeah Micaiah is utter trash... TRASH....

But that doesn't mean she can't be in brawl...

I don't want her in because:

1. I don't like her...
2. She isn't very important to the FE series
3. We already have the other star of her game in Brawl

According to brawlcentral Marth and Roy's chances seem shaky... but I'm still betting Marth makes it back...

Torchik

Smash Ace
I don't not like Micaiah...she's just kind of...annoying.

1. She's kinda annoying.
2. Sanaki is much cooler.
3. Sanaki is more powerful and versatile.

Meh, Marth...I would rather see a rep from a more recent game, but he's fine I guess.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I don't not like Micaiah...she's just kind of...annoying.

1. She's kinda annoying.
2. Sanaki is much cooler.
3. Sanaki is more powerful and versatile.

Meh, Marth...I would rather see a rep from a more recent game, but he's fine I guess.
I agree, sanaki would be better.

which is odd cus I think micaiah looks really cool and all, and i don't really like the looks of sanaki, but sanaki just pwns ans micaiah sucks, and in fire emblem, skill is what decides who you use not looks. Ike fortunately has them both.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
isn't there a remake of the original FE game coming to DS?
so... technically marth would be a recent character then... i guess. if it is a remake coming to the DS.
idk. i still like marth, but he's nowhere near as cool as ike.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah because Pits recent hence why he made it in -_-
Marth is the main character of Fire Emblem...he's appreared in the most titles. More than both Ike and Roy who are in two games in some way shape or form.
Micaiah I have no real idea about just now as PAL dont get the most recent FE? (WTF NINTENDO?) But the fact theres stickers that up magic power and very few magical attacks could give her supporters some level of hope perhaps.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
isn't there a remake of the original FE game coming to DS?
so... technically marth would be a recent character then... i guess. if it is a remake coming to the DS.
idk. i still like marth, but he's nowhere near as cool as ike.
See... I don't like marth... like... at all...

But that doesn't mean he isn't the most deserving FE rep... and should be in brawl...

But...

*sigh*

I'm not the one making the game... it's all up to Sakurai...

Torchik

Smash Ace
I agree with Corax again. Marth is meh...

I think either Eirika should get in or Sanaki. It's between the two.

(Has anyone noticed how there are no newcomers, besides ZSS (who is pretty much Samus), that are girls?))

Cless

Smash Champion
Eirika is essentially a female Marth, and I have nothing against Sanaki, but she's not getting in. Lyn was the choice of champions and Sakurai dropped the ball.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess that part about Eirika is true...Oh well, she would've been cool. Sanaki is technically another female lord that appeared in two games, is uber powerful, and looks cool. I know that Micaiah will probably get in over her, but I can hope. She has more of a chance than Soren at least...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Not much higher of a chance, considering that Sanaki was only playable in RD, and even then she was only playable for part 4. Soren may not have played as big of a role, but he is much more memorable than Sanaki (a little bit of that may be due to his uberness in both games) and actually has a little more character development (his life as a branded being shunned and ignored, Ike saving him from loneliness, how his additude slowely changes in bot games) Oh well, neither of them are really prime candidates anyway.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
To Cless who said Marth was a weak Lord - True. However, it doesn't change the fact that FE1 Falchion was the absolute most BROKEN sword ever. It made Marth unstoppable in FE1 because of that. You can't judge a character in terms of stats, you need to take into consideration the weapon they use in battle as well.

In regard to this topic - Roy was a trashy character in comparison to Marth. While Roy had some favorable effects with some of his attacks, such as his Counter being favorable over Marth's, it didn't save him from being as good of a character as Marth. It's already evidenced by Ike having some flame elemental attacks, such as Super Aether and Eruption, and having a broadsword fighting style that Roy likely won't show up. Those two key traits were what WOULD have made Roy different from Marth, taking for granted that he would be de-cloned into having an original A-Set and B-Set.

IMO, Ike replaces what would be lost by throwing Roy away, and then some.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Falchion is in no way a trashy sword... but the Sword of Seals in 6 made every sword in every FE game look like trash due to its ungodly powers (except usage... 20 usage hurts it). Sword of Seals (even in Roy's hands) trumps Falchion even if it was in the hands of the likes of Ike (who you must admit game-wise has a much better growthset.)

I do agree that Ike pretty much killed the spectrum of Swordfighters from Fire Emblem but Marth. Especially Roy's return chances.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I think Ike is looking really good, but I think they should put Roy in it still. I'm not to bothered about Marth though.

S2

Smash Lord
I gotta say that I love Ike.

He's one heck of an awesome FE character.

But I love Marth too. I want them both. But not Roy. Roy is not our boy. Ike and Marth our are boys.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
-Roys Sword of Seals in FE6 just happens to be absolutely god-tier. Mathematically he outdoes Hector 1v1.
-As for Ikes broad-sword style counting out Roy....it's not exactly true. Roy like Eliwood for the most part fights with a European rapier/epee style more similar to fencing. Ike however had a unique fighting style developed by his father. Looking at it he uses his 2-handed sword with one hand. Something Roy never has or will. Roy is out because Ike and Marth are in.
-Ike is not a waste of space. He is awkward to use well granted but I speculate I'd lay your anything to waste with him.
"Lyn was the choice of champions and Sakurai dropped the ball."
- I second that.

Top Bottom