• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Moveset Speculation/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
The moveset seems to be the same with small physics changes and possible power increases. That's not bad since as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Ike's moveset is pretty good but he was limited by some of Brawl's mechanics. We need to know if jab cancelling, combat walking, the combo potential of his throws and the likes of nair, and kill moves.

The trailer had Ike's jab3 nearly KO a group of opponents, but that could've been Smash Run, but I didn't like how aether was missing a lot in the few clips from the most recent demo build. I doubt that any of the demo players are too familiar with Ike, but I'm happy with what we heard. At least he doesn't appear to be nerfed and can be picked up easily for us who played with him in Brawl.
Well when Ike was using his jab he got Xerneas which increases your attack power.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ah, okay, good to know. I'm not too familiar with the new Pokemon.

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I´d like to know something about his aerials, especially about nair.
Also what about his counter, didn´t that one scan say, that something about it would be different?

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
I hope his counter is stronger. There was little reward to doing it and a lot to lose. I think it should be at least 1.6 times the damage your opponent deals to you.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Mm, just that startup towards the beginning of his Counter frames really hurts any sort of viability of the move. A 1.4x power increase, in my opinion, would at least be suitable to make up for it, although it'll still be something you can throw out occasionally at best.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I am hoping Ike benefits from the new game mechanics and physics. Hearing he's got a faster run speed is at least something to ponder about, but without knowing the finer points of what's possible in this game I can't infer how much of a boon this will be.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if his colors are references to something?

My guesses:
1 - Regular
2 - Greil
3 - Zelgius
4 - Sigurd
5 -
6 -
7 - Black Knight
8 - Chrom

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Down Tilt was so fast wtf.
He definitely seemed faster overall with less Lag.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Anyone can link me to some Ike footage? And don't just link me to some channel, these people have 20 hours of content

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Don't think so. Even so, the streamer only had power enhancements on the characters where they were used.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A faster Ike with Blue Fire? Definitely maining him again along with Mega Man.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
His movement speed and much quicker DTilt were the two things that stood out to me the most. His Quick Draw might have a little less ending lag too, but I could've just been seeing things.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Faster Ike is basically all I wanted. His Brawl moveset, animation-wise, was already perfect. One of the most source-faithful movesets Sakurai has ever done.

DK will likely be my main, but Ike is definitely going to be in second place :)

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I haven't watched any Ike footage from smash4 yet, but what you guys say about his moveset being faster can only be good news, can't wait to see/play him.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
You think that Ike's up air is faster? Didn't get a chance to see a good kill move.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Ike´s up air seemed faster but weaker, also it looked like it has 2 Hits but I am not 100% sure.
Nair still autocancels, but I only saw nair one time or so, so I can´t say much about it.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Faster Ike is basically all I wanted. His Brawl moveset, animation-wise, was already perfect. One of the most source-faithful movesets Sakurai has ever done.
I agree, but imagine if he had Ragnell's shockwave as his B instead of Eruption. A guy can wish.

No one seemed to play Ike much in general. I saw Yushako play him for one run of the classic mode, but he rarely, if ever, used Ike's NAir.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Glad to see Ike is now faster. F-Tilt and F-Smash took a slight hit in damage and knockback, though, from what I saw, but it could just be me. And I like his new animation for F-Air.

^-^

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Omg everyone was right ike is the same smh. No he's not faster, he has the same speed. His only buffs are Nair and Dtilt, that's it. Everything else is pretty much the same except for quick dash which you cant act out of if you dont hit a target. For example, in brawl you use your jab after a quick dash but in smash 4 there is a bit of a delay.

Edit: ike also cant grab on the ledge when using aether if his back against the ledge.

sakurai why...

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can't just look directly at how people play who are not used to the character. Moves seem faster. DI and SDI are different where it's harder to survive if you're not heavy, fast falling and dashes are faster, etc. Have to apply the new info to how competitive Ike played in Brawl.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Can't just look directly at how people play who are not used to the character. Moves seem faster. DI and SDI are different where it's harder to survive if you're not heavy, fast falling and dashes are faster, etc. Have to apply the new info to how competitive Ike played in Brawl.
I have the game, that is just my opinion. But i agree, i probably should give it a bit of time before dismiss ike.

anyways, a few more things i noticed are that ikes uair seems slightly faster, Dtilt cant spike anymore, and Eruption is still slow AF. Ike notable custom moves are aether2 and counter2. Aether2 forces you to go diagonally and Counter2 stuns your opponent long enough to get a jab combo off. Havent gotten any QD customs, ill update the rest later.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice. Just trying to say that we need to feel it with our hands since we're going to be more experienced than the streamers in maximizing Ike's movement.

Last edited:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I've been playing the demo for the past hour and it's making me even more impatient for the full version; I just really wanna use Ike again. :c

Icamp, whenever you get the chance, what are Ike's throws like?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I have the game, that is just my opinion. But i agree, i probably should give it a bit of time before dismiss ike.

anyways, a few more things i noticed are that ikes uair seems slightly faster, Dtilt cant spike anymore, and Eruption is still slow AF. Ike notable custom moves are aether2 and counter2. Aether2 forces you to go diagonally and Counter2 stuns your opponent long enough to get a jab combo off. Havent gotten any QD customs, ill update the rest later.
That in itself is a huge nerf!, damn you Sakurai, Aether 2 than acts like the Original Aether...I'm eager to hear you updates.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman

Any news on Eruption2 and 3?
I expected a shockwave (hits behind too) for one and a small energy wave for another (luigi's fireball reach).

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I wonder if ike's counter is about the same as brawl

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
That in itself is a huge nerf!, damn you Sakurai, Aether 2 than acts like the Original Aether...I'm eager to hear you updates.
I dunno about that, DTilt was pretty trash in Brawl primarily because of how slow it comes out.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice

anyways, a few more things i noticed are that ikes uair seems slightly faster, Dtilt cant spike anymore, and Eruption is still slow AF. Ike notable custom moves are aether2 and counter2. Aether2 forces you to go diagonally and Counter2 stuns your opponent long enough to get a jab combo off. Havent gotten any QD customs, ill update the rest later.[/quote

Really? He looked faster in all the footage I watched. I know his b was still slow and his smashes but most everything else looked faster overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom