• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Custom Movesets

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Is it just me, or does it look like there's almost no reason to use Ike's defaults?

isoZero

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or does it look like there's almost no reason to use Ike's defaults?
Quick Draw 3 is awful. Unless Quick Draw 2 is good, the default may prove to be the best. And Counter 1 isn't awful; it's incredibly fast now.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Quick Draw 3 is awful. Unless Quick Draw 2 is good, the default may prove to be the best. And Counter 1 isn't awful; it's incredibly fast now.
That angled aether though. Dayum!

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Angled aether, more or less hand's down going to be a very nice utility and recovery tool. Perhaps even BiS for comp play, pending the final verdict on custom movesets.

Counter: Meh mileage will vary and C1 may be the norm, unless you can read your opponent like a book or just have near esp like levels of reading, then c3 could be a choice, but curious about the power difference between 1 and 3, 3 having possible KO potential at edge maybe?

QD: 2... oh for the love of god just the fact going through enemies is more than enough for me to use it after how bad QD was in brawl. I'll take something to keep my survivability over already various KO options, any day. Seeing Ike was never about off stage combat and more about keeping himself on the stage and screwing anyone over who'd trample on his lawn XD.

Eruption: No comment

Last edited:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Some info on Quickdraw 2, the slash attack and trigger for it is gone but now the entire dash has a hitbox that sends opponents upwards, but the recovery on it wont really let you follow up but its nowhere near as bad as QD1 slash recovery. QD2 goes through anything that doesnt clash with it so things Mario's Fireball will clash and stop the dash (Fireball doesnt hit you) but you'll go through opponents on hit or block. It looks really spammable right now and I love it.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
It has similar ending to default Quickdraw so it might not be great for ground movement. I'm not too sure on this though so I need to see it again whenever I get the chance.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Twitch user FSLink showed some of Ike's customs.
Really liked "go-through" quick draw and aether wave.
It's around 3h11min or 3h12min
fslink/b/569465422

Last edited:

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Twitch user FSLink showed some of Ike's customs.
Really liked "go-through" quick draw and aether wave.
It's around 3h11min or 3h12min
fslink/b/569465422
Do you mind linking it?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It starts at 3h 13m, not 11 or 12

Edit: Images

Aether initial range is still good (for all 3 probably)

Aether 3 projectile: It goes quite far and can help protect against a whiffed aether. I couldn't tell exactly if it went lower than aether 1, but my guess is that it would be lower.

Quick Draw 2: Just as fast as regular QD and it goes through, hitting for 4 damage (saw a 3, too) no matter how much you charge. QD in general starts faster, so this is a good alternative to dash attack. I think QD may autocancel/less lag at the same height as Brawl but I can't really confirm anything.

Last edited:

peNNy

Smash Cadet
I always dreamed of a quickdraw with no attack animation.

So since that's a thing, could we use it as a gap closer into fsmashsomethingy?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Seems QuickDraw 2 gives you a safe dashing attack at the expense of not being to act out of it mid-air
by hitting someone (though going through them is probably more helpful in recovery).

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Really wish the projectile was a custom for neutral B because I wouldn't have to give up Aether 2. :(

Last edited:

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
Looks beautiful. Will most likely roll Aether 2 unless the range on 3 is very far for poking/spacing somehow. No word on neutral B yet? Range attack please...Eruption so useless.....

Last edited:

NineWholeGrains

Smash Rookie
Is there a reason we aren't all freaking out over Counter 2, or am I just missing something? I haven't seen it in action yet, but a free Fsmash (or anything, really) sounds way too good to pass up.

Also, QD 2 is gonna be beautiful for resetting stage positioning and breaking through camps. Ike may not be a top-tier, but it looks like he's got some sweet tools this time around.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
A lot of the info is ambiguous so it's a little early to jump the gun on moves we haven't really seen described in more detail or on screen.

NineWholeGrains

Smash Rookie
You really need to get the game and invent the meta real quick, San. It sucks seeing Ike get seemingly passed over by streamers. :/

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Me without attack stick is pretty bad, but I'll see what I can do with finding stuff that works along with the other Ikes hopefully.

ShadowsAsgard95

Smash Rookie
No ok.

You're San? The San I watched so many vids about?

Ok. You're my idol.

Sorry for the OT. About Ike, I'd really like to know more about his neutral B customizations. One seems to have more range, while the other one uses shockwaves, I think. But, oh well, with Paralyzing Counter, Quick Draw that goes through enemies and that Diagonal Aether, I can afford if his Neutral B isn't something.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
http://www.twitch.tv/ninjalink/b/570645040
Around 25:00

All of Ike's custom moves except for stun counter and diagonal aether

Aether3
-Much faster than aether 1
-Sends opponents horizontally
-Can barely move forward
-Slightly lower than aether 1 it seems

The combo potential is questionable for the best distance it will link into the projectile.

Quick Draw 2
-Clanks with projectiles. I doubt this will work against the stronger ones
-Has some ending lag

It still looks like it will have some use for a quick pop-up for punishing landings.

Quick Draw 3
-Has super armor until it hits

This is slow, but I don't think it's strong enough to warrant using much. He didn't use it max charge, so it may actually be quite powerful

Eruption2
-Not much to say about the wind hitbox.

I am curious if the wind jump increases at max charge

Eruption 3
-More ending lag, but a much larger hitbox
-Receive 10% damage halfway through and 15% at max charge

This seems like a better eruption to me, but I am not sure how much faster eruption1 is

Counter 3
-Really is quite slow
-Very powerful, 40% against a hammer. Seems like a 1.5x scaling since the normal hammer dealt 27

This will be great against laggy projectiles and smash attacks.

Last edited:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Wind Eruption is definitely gonna be my Eruption of choice. Anything that gives me options for dealing with opponents below Ike is always a good thing. Not sure if charging it affects how high it shoots you up in the air but the base float is looking pretty good.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If QD3 can kill and counter 2's stun end up being overrated, I might use them every now and then. I don't feel like we know enough about Wind Eruption, especially how it works in the air. I'll probably choose the aether that has the best combo potential since I rarely felt like I had problems recovering most of the time in Brawl in this seems similar with a guaranteed edge.

We also don't know if or when super armor activates for these custom aether and eruption attacks.

NineWholeGrains

Smash Rookie
Wind Eruption is really intriguing if only because of it's effects in the air. If it can push enemies back when when they're airborne, that could really lead to some interesting stuff. Like, you could really muck up recoveries with that, especially if it bounces Ike right back up on stage. The speed of it also makes me wonder if it's got a little more utility value. Still too early to say much, but fun nonetheless.

As good as Counter 2 sounds, that Counter 3 looks vicious. It'd definitely be super situational, but can you imagine getting that with the perfect read? Jeez... On that note, is there any footage that shows Counter 2 in action?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice.

I think I'll be looking at switching between almost all of them at some points. Surpringly, counter 2 doesn't look as great as I thought.

My most used at this point would be:

Eruption 3
I typically only use eruption for edgeguarding, which this seems to excel at. Its kill power is great

Aether 2 (diagonal)
-Seems to deal the most damage and offers good recovery. Might be useful after a jab combo or fair/bair

Quick Draw 3
-Seems like it'll be able to tank some hits in a pinch
Quick Draw 2 would be my choice instead if we could follow up in any way, perhaps if it autocancels similar to Brawl

Counter 3
-Seems to be as easy to trigger as Counter1 This will be a great punisher against smash attacks

All of Ike's default stuff look okay, but I would rather use Upsmash compared to eruption and aether 2 makes it so that I don't need to rely on quick draw that much (although the option is good to have when needed)

Definitely see some uses for most of them except counter 2. Hopes someone proves me wrong with that. Aether 3 seems best at linking out of utilt and throws, but enemies seem to just pop out.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
A lot of us are going to suicide from doing walk off aerials and not realizing how we have to space to get back with aether2

Also RIP reverse aether

Last edited:

TL?

Smash Ace
I don't have the game. Here is some custom moveset speculation:

From first impressions, I really like Eruption 2(wind). I never got much use from eruption in the previous game. Just having something that lets you stall in the air and mixup your recovery seems infinitely more useful. Although autosweetspotting is reduced in this game which means the damaging eruptions could actually be more effective edge guards now. Also if someone grabs the ledge, drops off and tries to regrab, they pretty much have no way around eruption. There's definitely some potential here with 1 and 3 as well. Damaging yourself might even be good at certain %s just to get the rage bonus.

I like the use of quick draw 2 to approach through projectiles, and it seems like it will be a good option for recovery. The one I'm looking forward to the most would be the armored version (3?). He seems to be armored from when he starts charging until the move becomes active. That just seems insane and will really force people to respect ike. It seems like you should be able to punish smash attacks, or even some projectiles now that most of them have landing lag. I'm also assuming it's still armored in the air. Having an armored moving side b in a game with no edgehogging seems like a really good option.

Aether, not much to say. I'll end up using whichever gets him back on the stage the best.

I'd have to go with counter 1 or 3. Standard counter should still be fairly solid. The counter 3 will put in work on moves slow enough to actually get countered by it. If armored quick draw gets armor soon enough, you could effectively use that as your standard counter and use counter 3 when you know a big hit is coming.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
quick draw 3 is way to slow to work on anyone with good reaction time. Unless if its safe on block or it ends up being awesome at punishing landings far away.. I don't see if being used much.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'll be using QD3 against charging moves such as Sonic's spindash, Recovery if you can aether after it and the lag isn't too bad (QD3 through opponent's offstage bair, then aether2 back), situational edgeguard, and going through weak projectiles. It's not that great, but it has some uses and makes me feel like a unique snowflake to use it. You can probably use the other quickdraws in the same situations. If Ike can still use QD for movement onto platforms, I'll probably use the other ones.

Priority is a little different in the air, so maybe QD2 actually goes through projectiles in the air?

Translated names for his custom moves:
Eruption: Plunge your sword into the ground, triggering a fiery burst. Hurts you when fully charged.
Tempest: Plunging the sword into the ground creates a wind gust that pushes opponents away.
Furious Eruption: The eruption covers a wider area the more you charge it, but it also harms you.

Quick Draw: Lunge forward and slash at any foe in your path. Can be charged.
Close Combat: A faster forward lunge that ends with a body blow that launches foes.
Unyielding Blade: Grants super armor during the charge and lunge, but the lunge is slower and shorter.

Aether: Throw your sword up, jump to grab it, and then swing it on the way down.
Aether Drive: Throw your sword diagonally up, jump to grab it, and then swing it on the way down.
Aether Wave: Creates a shock wave when hitting the ground, but it's less powerful than normal.

Counter: Block and counter an enemy attack. The strength of your strike depends on their attack.
Paralyzing Counter: A counter that paralyzes enemies instead of dealing damage.
Smash Counter: Deliver a slower, more powerful attack when countering.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Electric Counter looks kinda bad. All the others seem to have great utility!

Shockwave Aether is also questionable, I feel. Might have combo potential?

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
In the case of Sonic, I can see QD3 being useful for THAT MU, but for majority of characters they don't use charging moves...

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
In the case of Sonic, I can see QD3 being useful for THAT MU, but for majority of characters they don't use charging moves...
I mostly see "Unyielding Blade" (thanks for the names, @ san. san. ) as a recovery tool and an alternative to Counter (eats attacks while moving). I think it's worth exploring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom