• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Time to camp like a ***** and abuse Eruption super armor. If I have to gimmick my way through the whole damn match then by God I'll gimmick my way through the whole damn match!

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Why did I never think of that as a strat ?!
Because bad players like me come up with bad strategies.

Go to Shadow Moses and use the green shell. Go to the top platform, throw it, practice power shielding there. Then practice timing the Eruption super armor to take about 14% each time it hits.

Yeah, I've done that. And it works.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The **** am I reading...
Man, rolex. I'm not sure how I can teach you how to approach vs. olimar, so instead im going to tell you to google 'feint' and hope that helps

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It works, trust me. I get the empty jump and the feint thing. I'm just unsure about using it, because I'm overcautious.
Well think of it this way:
by doing SOMETHING every time you approach, you're making yourself very predictable. i.e: 'he's going to do something every time he comes towards me, so i can just wait and punish'

And if you continue to do something every time you approach...isn't that being under cautious? you're just making yourself an easy W for the opponent

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Oh okay, so if I do SOMETHING everytime I approach, I'm going to get bodied. But if I do NOTHING sometimes when I approach, I have a lower chance of getting bodied.

(I'm a bit slow and approaching has never been my strongest point, thanks for being patient with me)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Both match ups are stupid and are the reasons I stopped playing.

Not really.

Edit: Can't find the dumb spoiler tag. My life is ruined.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Bored, you ought to make a Skype and come join in the Ike social. We're usually pretty active.

I swear it's not cancer

The spoiler tag is "[ collapse ]" without spaces or quotes.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I do have Skype.
Awesome! If you drop your Skype name here I can add you to the group as soon as I get back home.

Also, ignore the newbies (me, a kid named Hero, and a kid named Oddyesy) if we say something blatantly stupid. We're there to learn, obviously. It's more of a social than an Ike-only learning environment, so talk about anything you want!

(Is Berserker always so grumpy?)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Mmoon24

Go ahead do what you gotta do to get me in this group. I shall provide eternal wisdom to these youngins who are actually older than me in real life.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Going to apex.

Hype.

See y'all there
What's with the sudden English invasion? Last time I looked I saw around 10-12 people from the UK on the list.
Anyways, good luck and see you all there.
Also accepting MMs 8)
:dk2: vs :ike:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
What's with the sudden English invasion? Last time I looked I saw around 10-12 people from the UK on the list.
Anyways, good luck and see you all there.
Also accepting MMs 8)
:dk2: vs :ike:
Well I went in 2012 and 2013 too. It's only this year that the rest of the UK actually got its act together.
Also, why not. Ill take you up on that MM. $5?

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Well I went in 2012 and 2013 too. It's only this year that the rest of the UK actually got its act together.
Also, why not. Ill take you up on that MM. $5?
Yea I'm fine with that. I'll be staying in the hotel throughout Thu-Mon.
Random MMs are ****ing awesome.

Ryuga

Banned via Warnings
Cold ass Michigan under a ****ing pine tree
No, it's because it is that important. Also, ICs don't have amazing cross-up options or high air or ground speed, so it's more like a spacing battle vs a moving wall. Easier to maintain a good spacing than vs some other characters.
If they woulda uploaded me vs stewy at my last tournament it shows how that Mu is played also but on another note.

VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE

D

Deleted member 189823

Ike is a great character.
I'm starting to find a problem though...why can't I play an aggressive follow-up game? )x

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
why can't I play an aggressive follow-up game? )x
Because Ike isn't a good character
Unfortunately Ussi speaks the truth.

Compared to many characters like Diddy Kong or Meta Knight who can have extremely powerful rushdown and aggro games, Ike simply doesn't have the speed to perform follow-ups as fast as higher tier characters can.

This doesn't mean he's devoid of follow ups. He has follow ups, they're just not as good when compared to other characters.

Also, your follow-ups depend on the situation. Specifics here would be nice, if you would, please.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What to do as Ike:

Space well and be annoying with jabs. Ike in a nutshell. You want to hit with the tip of nair/fair also make good use of bair offensively and defensively. Also jab when close enough, though don't jab a shield.

There are no follow ups... Just tech chases. Ike can make it hard to come back down, if you can anti-air properly and avoid projectiles.

D

Deleted member 189823

What to do as Ike:

Space well and be annoying with jabs. Ike in a nutshell. You want to hit with the tip of nair/fair also make good use of bair offensively and defensively. Also jab when close enough, though don't jab a shield.

There are no follow ups... Just tech chases. Ike can make it hard to come back down, if you can anti-air properly and avoid projectiles.
That's how I play with Ike. (= I am the boxer. Recently, as silly and basic as it may sound, I've been applying the turnaround grab (no, not the Pivot Grab) as opposed to the Pivot Grab which I usually implement a ton with my characters. Also, I am consistently turn-around jabbing, which is a must, for Ike (I couldn't do it consistently before, now it's just second-nature 8P).
I still have to work on my N-Air spacing.

Ike does have follow ups though...

What about N-air 2 utilt

Jab 3 fair

nair bair

fair can lead into dash attack also...
By follow-ups, I mean the ability to keep an advantage once you get in your opponents face and be able to pull a full combo string and stuff like that. Like characters like MK, DDK & flaoc.

Also damn, 'dat avatar. I use that Ike color as well.

D

Deleted member 189823

That Ike isn't a good character? Yeah, I knew that. 8P

I do most of what he says when I play, if that's what you meant.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well if you want to speed up your ike heres what you do to move faster: short hop more and fast fall your aerials to hit your aerials just before your land on the ground. Spacing is fine and all, but you can't give your foe time to think and react to you.

You give off the feeling of being fast when you are always in the face of your foe ready with your next attack.

Top Bottom