• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Another thing I want to say is that Ike's jab CAN be shield grabbed. If you're fast enough you can shield grab between his jabs I think.
For 90% of the cast, its punishable only if the Ike spaces his jab non-perfectly. The 10% is characters with good non-thether grab range (D3, Charizard, Olimar is a tether but doesnt count here) and in that case, Jab2 becomes my new Jab1!

18 years of age. Gonna be 19 in a month. Only reason why I'd have to ask my parents is because it's either follow the rules of the house or leave lol.

But yeah I intend to come to LAC this weekend to do both singles and doubles with my friend, CEO. Gonna go with Marth and D3 all the way hopefully.

Thanks for your inputs guys. If anything, the only reason why I'm trying to learn Ike is so that I have some form of a chance when it comes to competing against G~P's Ike in the UK Scene. :)
Oh, fair enough. I don't even live with my parents anymore so I got the all clear...Plus, mine encourage travelling because they're cool like that.

We haven't got doubles at LAC sadly, we got downsized this year so you're gonna have to tear through singles instead. I wouldnt worry though, tournament will be free. You'll get some Coins for your troubles too! You should get CEO to come to more of the actual tournaments anyways.

G~P has gotten good to the point people are seeking help/advice against him. Lol nice job G~P
I know right? I'm a valid threat lol. Although IIRC NW hasn't had to face me in tournament yet this year, Perhaps I'll have to make him my apprentice, seeing and his name follows the exact same conventions as mine XD

D

Deleted member 189823

Wait, so you can actually space your jab well enough to avoid getting grabbed? I've done this to Ganondort, but to other characters...
Also, how does Jab1 "become (your) Jab2"?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
So long as you don't do what I do and sit there holding A for about 3 seconds (I always get grabbed/punished like that) I'm pretty sure you can space it just right to keep out of short to mid-range grab ranges. Jab the heck out of GnW, his fastest move is frame 5.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wait, so you can actually space your jab well enough to avoid getting grabbed? I've done this to Ganondort, but to other characters...
Also, how does Jab1 "become (your) Jab2"?
Against most of the cast yes, the jab combo actually has range beyond the animation (only very slightly though) so you make sure that just touches the edge of your opponent. Worried you wont land the rest of the jab combo? Worry not, unless they SDI jab2 and jab3 can always reach.

And what I mean by 'jab2 becomes my jab1', is that I do a Jab1 when i'm too far away for it to hit at all. And then I press A again so that I do a Jab2, therefore I poke the edge of their shield with my foot. and it essentially becomes a long-ranged poke with low cooldown.

Here, I made a guide for it:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That feel when you beat the boss of a hard long random dungeon but then his slow cast ultimate attack happens as he casted it before dying kills you and sends you back home.

And now i have to do it all over again. I lost a lot of crops cause of it cause i spent 2 in game days in that dungeon thus couldn't tend to my crops. (Rune Factory 4)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Good ones will dolphin slash you out of aether while being hit by it

Silly ones will still get a counter off while being hit by it.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
in my case it was leon
No, spacing around aether, then spiking you out of it.

Leon did it to me too, and he said literally seconds before he did it 'I can spike you, you know'.
Most demoralised I've been against marth ever. It also showed the rest of the UK how **** aether is.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@GP Oh yeah, but this time I was really talking about an "half DI-ing out of it, half not enough stun". I've gotten Uair'ed by MK too, obv. (Marth's Fair also works)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
G~P you keep reminding me why you're my hero, you know that?
Shut up baby I know it

But thanks man, I thought I was your hero because I was your dad?

Also guys, Had a smash tournament today. I came 2nd, with grand finals going to the second set. **** was close.

N~W .

Smash Cadet
Isn't many of me playing recently, we had a livestream of a tournament like a fortinight ago but the footage has since dissapeared.

probably the latest video of me I got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t-HhldlXD8
Shame as well. I brought my SD card along in the hope that I'd be able to save replays, record them and possibly send them to people if need be but every set-up had a hack running in it.

I think next time, I'll have to bring my own set-up maybe my own HD PVR just to record offline sets.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Shame as well. I brought my SD card along in the hope that I'd be able to save replays, record them and possibly send them to people if need be but every set-up had a hack running in it.

I think next time, I'll have to bring my own set-up maybe my own HD PVR just to record offline sets.
Well yeah, not to mention you'd need the wii to be hacked in order to have unlimited replays working.

I believe Brakes wii has unlimited replays, We'll have to get a set on there or something.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Did you guys think I may have fallen off the map? Well, you're correct. How have you guys been? I'm just trucking along on my Let's Play Every Mario Party project. Slowly but surely, we'll get it done.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I might pick up Ike again because I enjoyed playing him a while back. My one big gripe is his recovery. Ok, you have quick draw if you are above and to the side of the stage, and you have aether if you are below the stage... But are you always automatically doomed if you are hit in a bottom corner? Does anybody know any slick recovery tricks to get back from things like that?

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
There aren't. His recovery is just that: if you're far away from the stage and below stage-level, you're dead. A move like Zelda's Dsmash near the edge is incredibly dangerous for Ike. That's why you have to DI up (nearly) everytime you get hit offstage.

Top Bottom