• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Your Name was Masahiro Sakurai!

Xyn

Smash Cadet
I would add
Lyn(11.09.2007 was the worst update ever:mad:)
Roy
Isaac
Krystal
K. Rool
Dixi Kong

and i would have Tetsuya Nomura as one of my best friends and add
Sora too. ^^

and i would remove the Lyn and the Isaac ATs :)

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Replace Toon Link with Midna
Make Ganondorf more original move-set wise, and get rid of FLUDD.

I'd say I'm pretty good with what we've got.

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
Well, where should I start.
First Characters:

Mario:
Add Waluigi
Add Bowser Jr. (with paint brush)
Give Luigi his vacuum for an entire moveset, one move, or Final Smash

Legand of Zelda
Add Minda on Wolf Link
Give Ganondorf a sword
Give Toon Link a moveset revolving around Windwaker/Phantom Hourglass

Kirby:
Change Kirby's Final Smash: get's the Star Rod, jumps on his warp star, and flies around the stage firing star blasts.

Pokemon:
Add D/P (Turtwig, Monferno, and Empoleon) or R/S/E (Mudkip, Grovlye, and Blaziken) Pokemon Trainer)
Add Mewtwo (with a better moveset)

Change Charizard's Side B to Slash

Remove Lucario

Starfox:
Add Krystal (for the heck of it)
Change Falco's Final Smash to Airwing
Change Wolf's Final Smash to something original

Metroid:
Add Ridley

Fire Emblem:
Add Miciah
Have Roy return De-Cloned

Earthbound:
Add Claus just because I can.

Golden Sun:
Add Isaac

Nintendo:
Add Mii

Third Party:
Add Megaman
Add Banjo Kazooie

Team Xoltros:
Add Charzonsos
Add Lightgirl
Add Techno Skater/BioSuit Techno Skater
Add Daragoes

Second: SSE

Make it take 24 hours long.

Third: Items

Assist Trophies:
Add Dingo Man (Team Xoltros)
Add Ken Ron (Team Xoltros)
Add Morph Girl (Team Xoltros)
Add Reek (Team Xoltros)
Add Redneck Woman (Team Xoltros)
Add more Assist Trophies.

Pokemon
Add more Pokemon

Fouth Stages:
All Stages from the past games return

Fifth:
Add alternate costumes for some characters

That is all I would do.

Red Mange

Smash Rookie
^_^ Welcome to SWF! Anyways, only Ahsley, Geno, Bowser Jr., K.Rool, Midna, Animal Crosser, Krystal, Ridley and Megaman are plausible on your list, but hey, you are Sakurai right?

Btw, the amount of music has nothing to do with Sakurai. There is a whole other team that composes music for a living that remixed all the songs/sounds in Brawl.
Thankyou so much for the welcome! I do not see what is implausible about the rest of my inclusions?

Lolo and Lala had three games(That I remember), and are creations of HAL Laboratories.
Captain Syrup is more or less Wario's main nemesis, at least as far as it goes in the games he is the protagonist of.
Kumatora, while a bit of a long shot, has as much right as any other Mother character to be in Brawl, and we really do need more girls! (That is also my reasoning behind a lot of my other picks lol)
Blood Shadow I'll give into. Personally I'd prefer Samurai Goroh in his spot, but either way F-Zero needs a second rep.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I would say, "dang, what are the chances of me having the same name as the guy who made smash bros"

honestly though, we need some stunt race FX representation here, we need to raise awareness in the community a LOT before the next smash bros. 4WD would be and EXCELLENT character.

he is more square in shape than most cars and has facial expressions etc, he could do all sorts of punches and kicks with his wheels, he's retro, he could turbo across a stage, and for his jump he could do the whole car jumping off of the wheels and then the wheels follow shortly behind.

he would kick ***

I would love to dish out the hurt with a Stunt Race FX car!

Really ANY of them would be great.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
I would make an update saying:

"NOTICE!

I heard what you said on SWF. We are delaying Brawl for anoyther 8 months in the America's, and we will also ban you from our website even though its impossible to do so. I am changing the roster to a bunch of letters that are hate mail to everyone who insulted us. All of those who didn't insult will receive a gift basket with a NES keychain in it. Thank you and **** you."

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I would add:
Krystal
Geno
Midna
Black Shadow
Sylux
Bowser Jr.
Megaman
Isaac
Mewtwo
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Pokemon Rival
Trixie Kong
Knuckles

I would have changed:
Toon Link - Uncloned him with a bombchu, ice arrow, skull hammer, windwaker, deku leaf moveset.
Ganondorf - Uncloned him with a sword-based moveset.
Ness/Lucas - would have completely altered their B moves with different PK attacks.
Lucario - Would have made him more nimble and less like Mewtwo.
Wolf - completely uncloned him and his final smash.
Falco - completely uncloned him and his final smash.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As for characters -

I would take out:
Wolf

I would redo:
Falco
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Lucas

I would add:
Krystal
Geno
Toad
Isaac
Ridley
Roy
Mewtwo
and maybe Claus

As for stages -

I would take out:
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle (Melee)
Rumble Falls

I would redo:
Luigi's Mansion
Smashville

Add:
Jungle Japes
Another better DK stage
Brinstar Depths
Original Super Mario Bros. stage
Hyrule Castle (whether it be redone or not.)
Peach's Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Saffron City
Another FE stage
Sol Sanctum
Venus Lighthouse

As for music:

Remove:
There are none I'd remove.

Redo:
Dark World, more like unremix it, since the original is so much better.
Also, I'd make a lot more of them orchestrated. Fully orchestrated. There'd be less of the rock tracks too.

Add:
Venus Lighthouse
Hyrule Castle
Sol Sanctum (elemental stars)
Golden Sun overworld theme 2 (the second one in The Lost Age)
Original Super Mario Bros. theme in all of it's 8 bit glory (it just won't feel like Super Smash Bros. without it.)

I'll probably think of more later...

RedRingo

Smash Rookie
I woulda added K.Rool but I'm not really complaining. The game seems fine to me.

Trajan

Smash Cadet
I'd formally apologize for creating the god-awful kirby series, and proceed to gain authorization to incinerate any and all references indicating that kirby or anything associated with kirby ever existed. Essentially Kirby would be wiped from history.

Then I would replace the 3 missing kirby characters with actual deserving characters. Isaac from Golden Sun would get in, as would King K Rool. I would give Ganondorf a unique sword moveset while making him the slowest but by far the most powerful of the swordfighters, ensuring that he remains unique. Ganondorf would have projectile magic much as he did in Ocarina of Time, and his final smash would be a controllable Ganon rather than a randomly stampeding one.

Fast characters(Sheik, Fox) would no longer be able to run back and forth like toddlers with ADD and hope to rack up damage, because if hit when they were running at full speed, they would be knocked back twice as fast as if they were standing still. This would make everyone think carefully about running around crazily in the hopes of dodging attacks by chance. Characters would also be far more diverse: rather than every character having weak and powerful attacks, some fast, some slow, slow characters would have essentially all slow attacks but all very powerful ones, to necessitate an entirely different playstyle. Would give the game more replay value.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Yet we have two Pokemon Stadiums...
Yeah, but the two Pokemon Stadia distinguish themselves by transforming into completely different stages. Actually, I was really skeptical about them adding the old Pokemon Stadium, but I'm glad they did (even though I would've preferred Princess Peach's Castle)

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'd formally apologize for creating the god-awful kirby series, and proceed to gain authorization to incinerate any and all references indicating that kirby or anything associated with kirby ever existed. Essentially Kirby would be wiped from history.
Congratulations, you have now failed at life. Go kill yourself.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Corneria was made for the sole purpose of replacing Sector Z it would be kinda stupid to have both in one game.
isn't great fox BIGGER in relation to the characters in Sector Z? It certainly felt bigger. plus who cares, they have two very similar kirby levels, and two very similar yoshi's story ones too.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'd remove tripping. It's not funny, it's just annoying. It's also relatively bad for competative play.

I'd add back in the directional airdodge and lag canceling.

And dash dancing. Why did that have to be removed?

I'd put in characters as alternate outfits as well. Sigurd could be an Ike alternate, Dr. Mario could be a Mario alternate, Shadow as a Sonic alt, ect.

For characters, I'd bring back Mewtwo and get rid of Lucario (he's cool, but Mewtwo was so much more important.)

I'd add another Fire Emblem rep. Seriously, Star fox gets 3 reps when FE has 10 games in the series (4 of which are international) and pretty much invented the turn based strategy genre in Japan gets 2? As for who, I'd probably put either Lyn or Micaiah (sorry Roy fans).

I'd get rid of the auto sweetspot. I know people don't like missing the ledge, but edgeguarding was a major aspect of smash. The entire point of the game is to kill your opponent by forcing them off the stage and keeping them off. I think that should've been kept.

Brawl's still awesome, but it could've been more awesome.

Red Mange

Smash Rookie
I didn't know it was possible to fail this hard. Please, please, please...end yourself.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
*Add(characters):
-Ridley.
-Geno.
-Goroh.
-Claus.
-Isaac.
-Mewtwo.
-Roy(new moveset).
-Ray MK.
-Megaman.
-King.K.Rool.

*Change:
-Toon Link:Give him things from WW and PH.New FS.
-Ganondorf:New specials and normal attacks.
-Falco and Wolf:Some weapons of Assault as specials and new FS.Sorry Landmaster!
-Luigi:poltergust.

*Add(stages):
-Gangplank Galleon.
-Ganons Tower.
-Something of GS.
-Something of CR.
-Chozo Ruins.
-Bowser Castle.
-Mt Dedede(that was the name?)
-Fountain of Dreams.
-Peach Castle.
-Forest Maze.
-Poke Floats 2.
-Megaman Location.

*Remove(stages):
-Green Greens.
-Frigate Orpheon.
-Mario Circuit.

Edit:Also,bring back L-Cancel and Dash Dancing.

Tugboat

Smash Rookie
I wooooooould

-Change "pokemon trainer" into Ash Ketchum (come on, it looks just like him)
-Delete Star Wolf in favor of Jesus
-Triple game speed
-Give Ganondorf his sword, duh
-Give Ganondorf his alt form from the end of OoT
-Add characters: Cloud Strife, Mega Man, Yugi, Edward Elric, Master Chief, Harley Quinn, and Zombie Chris Benoit
-Take "Zero Suit" Samus's name literally

espio87

Smash Ace
If I were Sakurai I would make this post in the dojo:
"Nintendo of America told me that they didn't get enough preorders to justify the release of Brawl on March 9th. Therefore they told me to do something and I did. I decided to remove Brawl release date in the US. Muahahaha!"

seriously now, I would only add Mewtwo. that would make me happy

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
I'd be filthy fudging rich.
:laugh: Nice, make money angels

Roster:

Remove R.O.B. and Toon Link
Bring back Young Link

+Add+
King K. Rool
Krystal
Dark Samus
Ridley
Black Shadow
Black Knight
Roy
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo
3rd party fighter(idk i guess the ever popular Geno?)
*Note=Give all clones original moves*

Stages:
More from Metroid(no lava!), F-Zero(no speedway!), Fire Emblem, Game N Watch(bigger), Legend of Zelda

4 Taunts per character and 4 winning poses

More costumes for characters like Light Suit Samus, Funky Kong or Female Trainer

Thats it I guess what do you guys think?

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
If I were Sakurai this would be the next Dojo entry:

"Hello Brawl fans!

I've noticed that there are concerns on the "right way" to play my games? Tourny players? Wrong. Casuals? Wrong too! If you want Brawl the way it was intened go and start up this match!

Sakurai legacy I am god only way to play Brawl match:

Characters: Landmaster only
Stage: Corneria. Any stage with a color scheme befitting of the Landmaster
All items on high frequency

Have (no) fun!"

For me, I would have removed/not thought of these characters:
Snake (wouldn't have thought of)
Squirtle (wouldn't have thought of)
Ivysaur (wouldn't have thought of)
Charizard (wouldn't have thought of)
Lucario (deliberately not added)
Zero Suit Samus (wouldn't have thought of)
Marth (deliberately not added)
ROB (deliberately not added)
Jigglypuff (out for some GS representation)

Characters I would instead add:
Isaac
Ray01
Andy
KK Rider
Krystal
Professor Oak (using HMs and TMs)
Mewtwo
Igglybuff
Toon Link (un-cloned)

Instead of making the SSE the way it was, it would be more of a dimensional accident where the Mario universe characters end up in Hyrule Castle and the Zelda cast ends up in the Mushroom Kingdom. Pretty much all the worlds getting messed up. After confronting enemies from the other's universe (Bowser fighting Link, Mario fighting Ganondorf), Master Hand steps in and starts to cause havoc. At this point, all of the characters (villains included gang up to save the world from Master Hand). At least my fan fic doesn't have a generic blue guy infringing on tron as the final boss.

Each gamer can choose to record his w/l record or not. You can show your w/l record to friends. W/l are recorded in With Anyone but disconnecting is an instant penalty. I'd also reduce some events and make each character have their own target test.
I am incredibly thankful that you did not design this game. I will never complain about the real game again after reading all of this.

Remove R.O.B. and Toon Link
Bring back Young Link
And that's even worse. Evidently you don't realize that Toon Link is Young Link...

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
If I had a name like Masahiro Sakurai, I'd likely be Japanese.

Then I'd have to include Mudkips as playable characters, with appropriately misspelled taunts.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Yes he is but not from OoT. WW link is an entirely diffirent young Link.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
If my name was Masahiro Sakurai I would:
Have DLC characters and stages.
Have Pokemon and AT's like items where you can switch some on and off.
Replace R.O.B. with Leon Kennedy.
Mii Sakurai character.
Wii Fit board as an item.
Give Ganondorf his sword and his own moveset.
Landmaster Mode: LANDMASTER FFA!!!! TEAM LANDMASTER!!
Captain Falcon's Final smash is a souped up falcon punch OHKO! > Marth's FS.
With Anyone Ranked!
With Anyone Stock!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I would of added Mii's in the place of R.O.B. And I would of thought of putting Krystal in, rather than Wolf. And I would replace the random option on the character select screen, with Megaman instead.

Top Bottom