• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Your Name was Masahiro Sakurai!

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
If my name were Masahiro Sakurai, I would have no effect over Brawl. Just because two people share the same name doesn't mean they're the same person. If I were Masahiro Sakurai, nothing would change, because being Sakurai, I would think the exact same way as him. If I were designing Brawl, which is what I assume you meant by the question, I would make sure King K. Rool was not in Brawl in any way. No Sticker, no trophy, no AT, nothing. He is the worst ****ing character ever.

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
I'd add Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle (Melee), add Mewtwo and have Dr. Mario as an alt for Mario, and add Geno, Megaman, and Ridley as playable characters.

scarecrowuknow

Smash Cadet
i would have made WW link less clonish, made lucario less like mewto (after all he is a fighting/steel type, not a phycic type) and gave ganondorf a SWORD... after all we are looking for something new and refershing, not a clone of and old game... (even though melee was amazing :-D )

Smash Ace
hmmm... I would have done about 5 things:
1. I would have kept the midair dodge mechanics of Melee
2. I would have INCREASED the falling speeds slightly
3. I'd stick Micaiah in as a newcomer'
4. I'd bring back Dr. Mario
5. I'd bring back Roy.

other than that, the game is perfect.

=2007

EDIT: oh, and I'd stick in a Megaman trophy and it'd have this description:
"This is the n00b who is not in Brawl."
just for fun...

MoonkknufF

Smash Rookie
I'm not as creative as Sakurai is, so I wouldn't've thought of things like ZSS or PT. However, here are some characters I would've liked to see:

Koopa, Rayman/Megaman, Swampert, Heracross (to represent all four generations of pokemon), Roy with a fixed moveset, Toon Link less clonish, Falco less clonish, Animal Crossing boy, Taboo, Isaac

Bosses:
Bowser Jr., Dr. Robotnik, Herd of Pokemon, MGS Boss, G&W boss (a black 2D figure that copies your moves, like the opponents you'd have in the G&W games), LoZ character that I don't know,

Assist Trophies:
Globox/Phoenix Wright, K. Rool, Chunky/Lanky, E. Gadd, Midna, Wolf Link, IC Pterodactyl, Tom Nook, Knuckles, Tails, Pelipper pokeball, Wailord pokeball, Football enemies from SMW

Stages:
SSB Saffron City, SSB Hyrule Temple, Bowser's Castle, SSBM Mute City, SSBM Flat Zone, Bigger Final Destination

Misc.:
Voice acting in SSE, Plot fix (I hear it has problems), More stages, More FIGHTING music (the soundtrack is good, but hardly any of it is motivating me to kill my opponent), More ACs that actually represent something (Dr. Mario, Shadow/Silver the Hedgehog, AND FOR THE LOVE OF JEEBITUS SHINY POKEMON), 100/75 single player event matches, customizable difficulty on event matches, TOXICROAK trophy,

I probably wouldn't actually implement these, but they would be things that would definitely have been nice to see (assuming they worked out alright).

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
Well, here’s my “dream” roster, with newcomers marked in boldface:

Bomberman
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong (Alternate costume: Dixie Kong)
Donkey Kong
Dragon Warrior
Falco (with new flight-based moveset and Arwing as final smash)
Final Fantasy Party (a customizable fighting team of four)
Fox (Alternate costume: Wolf O’Donnell)
Ganondorf (with new sword-based moveset)
Geno
Ice Climbers
Ike (Alternate costumes: Marth/Roy)
Jigglypuff
Jimmy Lee / Billy Lee (two-player team similar to Ice Climbers)
Joanna Dark
John Madden
King Dedede
Kirby
Krystal (with staff/magic-based moveset)
Link (Alternate costume: Toon Link)
Little Mac
Lucario (Alternate costume: Mewtwo)
Luigi (with new moveset using the Poltergust 3000 from Luigi’s Mansion)
Mario (Alternate costume: Dr. Mario)
Mega Man
Meta Knight
Midna (transformation with Wolf Link during final smash)
Mii
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness (Alternate costume: Lucas)
Pac-Man
Peach (Alternate costume: Daisy)
Pikachu (Alternate costume: Pichu)
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Pokemon Trainer Male (Alternate costume: Pokemon Trainer Female)
R.O.B.
Ridley
Ryu (alternate costume: Ken)
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Simon Belmont
Sub-Zero (from Mortal Kombat; Alternate costume: Scorpion)
Snake
Sonic (Alternate costumes: Shadow/Knuckles)
Tetris Blocks
Wario
Yoshi
Zelda/Sheik

I know it’s unrealistic to throw in that many characters given a limited amount of development time, but I would sacrifice the Subspace Emissary mode if it meant adding a whole new slew of playable characters. And you have to admit, adding characters like John Madden and Tetris Blocks would be hilarious.

But if it was just a matter of replacement, my choices would look something like this:
Toon Link > Krystal
Lucas > Mega Man
Wolf > Mii
Marth > Ryu
R.O.B. > Simon Belmont

Finally, here are some assist trophies I would be amused to see:
Chocobo
Chun-Li
Cooking Mama
Glass Joe
Goose (Pilotwings 64)
Katt (Breath of Fire II)
Mog
Rad Racer
The Rockin’ Kat
Tails
Uniracer
Urban Fighter

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Blaze, your substitutions are un-reasonable. Toon Link is worth another identical clone, so is Lucas and Wolf (wolf is "LUIGIFIED"). Marth and ROB are okay, but you'd be high to give them up for Ryu and Simon XD.

Top Bottom