• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were a Gym Leader...

Ilex

Smash Ace
Bug type, totally.

Pokemon
Pinsir
Parasect
Yanmega
Forretress
Ariados
Ninjask

I don't really care about a good team, it's just the bug pokemon I like lol.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
wow not a lot of sandstorm love.
starter:
fortress relaxed with quick claw, only weak to fire, use the quick claw to use poison spikes twice and then use explosion.

hippowdon: impish with life orb.
earthquake, stelth rock, slack off, and ice fang. stealth rock then tank as they lose hp due to sandstorm and poison.

lucario modest with choice specs or expert belt. dragon pulse, vacume wave, dark pulse, and aura sphere. it kills things

skarmory: impish with leftovers.
roost, spikes, whirlwind, brave bird. lay spakes then roost to heal. use whirlwind to bring another poke out and just **** it up with spikes+poison spikes+ stealth rock+ sandstorm. brave bird for a stabbed move and rost any dmg away.

garchomp jolly with lax incese or leftover.
crunch, earthquake, dragon claw, dragon rush. dragon rush will be replaced.

tyranitar jolly with leftovers
earthquake, stone edge, dragon dance, ice fang. dragon dance nuff said.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Ha. Ha ha ha. Hilarious. I should get Skyler to get his lolcano in here. Maybe even a couple roflcopters. :ohwell:

On a related note, I would be the only Gym leader that's smart enough to use more than one type. Holy ****! Somebody that's actually thinking about strategy when he chooses his team?

You *******!

H e r o

Smash Rookie
My team would be themed around Lucario of course.

Like Electivire, Weavile, Charizard, Torterra and Gliscor.

Peck

Smash Apprentice
Id have a water or fighting team.
Water:
Poliwhirl
Buizel
Wooper
Feraligatr
Marshtomp

Fighting:
Poliwhirl
Primeape
Riolu
Medicham
Machamp

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd actually be smart and have different types. Also, I'd do the sensible thing and have 6 Pokemon. What would I have, specifically? I don't know. Definitely an Umbreon and probably a Venusaur somewhere in there.

M.K

Level 55
I would have (for a mono-type Water/Ice gym):

Lapras
Slowking
Cloyster
Lanturn
Politoed
Mamoswine

Ilex

Smash Ace
I'd actually be smart and have different types. Also, I'd do the sensible thing and have 6 Pokemon. What would I have, specifically? I don't know. Definitely an Umbreon and probably a Venusaur somewhere in there.
Well then you aren't exactly a Gym Leader are you? Having more than one type and 6 Pokemon would make you a Champion, not a Gym Leader.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ice.

It's my favorite "element". I'd also have a little bit of flying, like Articuno.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Don't gym leaders specialize in one type?
Hmm I like ghosts and water types a lot.. but what about bugs?!

Water gym:
Kabutops
Starmie
Politoad
Poliwhirl (I liike more than poliwrath for some reason)
Sharpedo
Lapras

Ghost gym:
Gengar
Dusclops
Mismagmius
Banette
Haunter
Misdreavious

Bug gym:
Beedrill
Scyther
Skorupi
Vespiqueen
Beedrill
Mothim

Peck

Smash Apprentice
A gym leader can only have one type.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
Perhaps an all-Steel team for a Steel-type Gym, where the Leader has Magnezone, Bronzong, Skarmory, Empoleon, Lucario, Steelix

or an Electric gym with the Leader's Magnezone, Raichu, Luxray, Lanturn (or Ampharos), Jolteon, Electivire

RogueportHero

Smash Rookie
I would probably be a Dragon-type leader. Because of their epicness, of course.
And the pokemon would be:

Dragonite
Garchomp
Altaria
Gabite (because i like it, for some outer-space-reason, if you know what i mean.) ;)

krehz

Smash Ace
I would Def go with Grass Pokemon, they canbe some of the most annoying little and or big things to deal with lol.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'd go with Dark, but I'd have a Tauros on my team to mess people up. That and because it's a cool Pokemon.

(200th post)

Mr.Postman

Smash Cadet
I would be Water Type. :D

Swampert, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Kingdra, Starmie, and Idk about the last slot.

Tie with Relicanth, Tentacruel, and Feraligatr

The9litch

Smash Apprentice
This looks like a really balanced team. If Spiritomb uses physical attacks like Weavile and Tyranitar, then some bulky defensive walls could stop this team. But Spiritomb has Nasty Plot, STAB Shadow Ball, and Hidden Power [Fighting].

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
wow, slops for me answering months later. I've lost my game and haven't played in forever. As for balance for the team, I'd probably run something like this on these sets:

Weavile@Focus Sash
Jolly (+Spd - SpAtt)
Pressure
EVs: 40 Hp/216 Att/252 Spd
  • Swords Dance
  • Brick Break
  • Ice Shard
  • Night Slash

Spiritomb@Leftovers
Bold (+Def - Att)
Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp/140 SpAtt/115 Def
  • Pain Split / Rest
  • Calm Mind / Nasty Plot
  • Shadow Ball
  • Hidden Power [Fighting]

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Quiet (+SpAtt -Spd)
Sandstream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 168 SpA / 24 Spd
  • Substitute
  • Focus Punch
  • Ice Beam
  • Crunch

Swords Dance Weavile as my lead can handle many things especially after a SD, Scarfer bone him pretty hard imo. Self Explanatory Spiritomb, CMs up, takes special hits, hits back then heals up. Tyraniboah Kills walls THE END! ( too bad Ape isn't a dark type =/ )

Welcome Back...ME!!!!

YAAAAAAAY lol

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'd just be another Giovanni.

Didn't he basically mix up whatever he wanted?

If so, that's me.

If not, Water/Psychic.

Mainly Water though.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
wow not a lot of sandstorm love.
starter:
fortress relaxed with quick claw, only weak to fire, use the quick claw to use poison spikes twice and then use explosion.

hippowdon: impish with life orb.
earthquake, stelth rock, slack off, and ice fang. stealth rock then tank as they lose hp due to sandstorm and poison.

lucario modest with choice specs or expert belt. dragon pulse, vacume wave, dark pulse, and aura sphere. it kills things and is the teams special sweeper.

skarmory: impish with leftovers.
roost, spikes, whirlwind, brave bird. lay spakes then roost to heal. use whirlwind to bring another poke out and just **** it up with spikes+poison spikes+ stealth rock+ sandstorm. brave bird for a stabbed move and rost any dmg away.

garchomp jolly with yachie barry.
crunch, earthquake, dragon claw, swords dance
when he goes in use swords dance. there will either be a swich or ice beam either way you will not be OHKO'ed then procied to sweep

tyranitar jolly with leftovers
earthquake, stone edge, dragon dance, ice fang. dragon dance nuff said.
this would make a decent gym leader team. i don't know why you guys are trying to stick to one type for your hypethetical teams. im sure we all know pokemon is primarily aimed at kids. thats why most gyms are 1 type with 1 or 2 thrown in that dont match. so an 8 yr old can know that a water pokemon would beat the ground types of the gym leader while the pokemon that doesn't match could give the 8 year old a small challange while overall the whole gym battle is easy.

you should make teams that would win not teams that would be easy for an 8 year old to beat with 1 or 2 pokémon.

d34thiseternal

Smash Rookie
My lead is Absol. After that; Ninetales, Milotic, Salamence, Lucario, and Gardevoir.
I know, I know, no one type. I can't choose just one type.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmmm GO ICE!!

Piloswine
ability: Snow Cloak
attacks:
Hail
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Dig

Glalie
ability: Ice Body
attacks:
Hail
Sheer Cold
Ice Beam
Earthquake

Jynx
ability:
Hail
Psychic
Avalanche
Ice Beam

Cloyser
ability: Skill Link
attacks:
Hail
Spike Cannon
Ice Beam
Surf

Walrein
ability: Thick Fat
attacks:
Sheer Cold
Brine
Ice Beam
Earthquake

Mamoswine
ability: Oblivius
attacks:
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Take Down

The9litch

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure every gym leader would love this as their teams. Deoxys-A, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-A. =]

T

The Black Glove

Me? I'd say that the teams are randomly decided for both trainers. This way, the trainer and Gym leaders are forced to fight with thier heads, rather than sheer power.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Fire. Can't really compose a team right now but Char mander/meleon/izard would for sure be on there.

Top Bottom