• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to choose Day 19; Bayonetta vs Simon Belmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dark Pit could use different weapons but Dark Samus does showcase unique phazon/ice energy attacks and can levitate herself. I think she is a viable candidate should Ridley be not included. Though I support Dark Samus so maybe I'm a teeny bit biased.

Both support threads present good arguments for thier inclusions as well as ways for them not to be cloned.

Edit: Sakurai, this version please. Pleeeeeeeeease!!!!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom vs Ghirahim?
Chrom all the way. Love that guy.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ghirahim. No contest in my book.

<----------But my name and avatar do show my bias for his game.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
cause the only thing Zero and Megaman have in common is the mega buster. the sword alone makes Zero vastly different
They could easily make a different moveset, but im talking about that in megaman X, they are both robots who have an arm cannon, only they have a few different abilities and in the beginning zero is far stronger than mega man X

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ghirahim..

Was fairly interesting for a Zelda villain(who is not Ganondorf or being manipulated by Ganondorf). I hope he'll appear again some time in the future of the series.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Much better than the borderline gay villain.

As if that's a reason to criticize a character.

I choose Ghirahim; though this is not to say I am a Chrom hater, not at all. There's just more potential and more fun with choosing the former in my view.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
They could easily make a different moveset, but im talking about that in megaman X, they are both robots who have an arm cannon, only they have a few different abilities and in the beginning zero is far stronger than mega man X
see but thats the problem. literally the only thing Zero and Megaman have in common is the arm cannon. thats like saying Samus and Megaman are gonna be too similar though thats far from the case. especially since Zero doesnt gain abilities from robot masters like Megaman or X can. he learns new techniques primarily based around a new sword attack or a shield. so in the end Zero would be a sword based character with only the Megabuster being similar to Megaman. not that it matters cause he's not getting in anyway.

Forde

Smash Cadet
Chrom, easily.

Ghirahim wasn't all that good of a bad guy, and was just overall totally ridiculous in the majority of his appearances throughout Skyward Sword.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Ghirahim is ****ing awesome. I can't understand the hate. He's sadistic and fabulously flamboyant.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Just one suggestion, when the new day starts you could make a post that signals day x's votes are over and a new day begins. (Like what they're doing in SSBF's former Rate Their Chances thread, now hosted by Groose)

With that being said I'd rather take Chrom (Heck you could've put almost any Fire Emblem character up and I would've said that character, I would really like to see Fire Emblem get three spots).

I played and loved Skyward Sword but I felt that Ghirahim, despite his ridiculous flamboyant appearance, was a very mediocre puppet-esque villain at best in my own opinion. The role he played in Skyward Sword simply didn't get me to swoon over for him.

Arteen

Smash Lord
My vote goes to Ghirahim. I haven't played Skyward Sword and he sounds like a flavor-of-the-month inclusion, but I'd rather him that Chrom. If we get anyone from Fire Emblem Awakening it should be Lucina instead of Chrom. She's a more interesting character and Chrom's lead male primary protagonist swordsman niche is already well-covered by Marth, Roy and Ike.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Chrom for me.

He isn't my favorite Awakening character, but I like him more than Ghirahim.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Ghirahim is cool and has a lot of personality,but I just want Chrom more.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Ghirahim is probably going to get more support because LoZ is a lot more popular than FE.

I, however, like Chrom a lot more than Ghirahim and his incompetence to stop Link. :happysheep:

Hong

The Strongest
The only issue with Chrom is he may just be too sexy for the game to handle. Not sure if the system could render him without melting.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind Chrom as long as he is more diverse in his moveset between Marth and Ike, or, if he happens to replace Ike.

Ghirahim, since his fighting in Skyward Sword would indicate a completely original moveset, plus, having him would help balance out the villain/hero ratio.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Chrom I understand some people's views that he's kind of boring but I honestly have felt the main character is like that for most FE games and I still prefer him over most of his realistic rivals. I'd be cool with Ghirahim too but in a case where we're choosing one or the other I give this one to Chrom all the way. As others have stated Zelda already has a decent amount of characters. And really IMO no Zelda villian can really compare to good ol Ganondorf. Though it might be fun to knock Ghirahim around as Ganondorf....

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Ghirahim. He's just got too much style.
Chrom's a bit lacking in that department.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Chrom definitely, what can I say I stick to my preferences.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I like both but having to pick my vote goes to Ghirahim.

I find him more interesting as a character...whereas Chrom aesthetically feels too similar to Marth. Ghirahim stands out more.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I mean, I guess I have to go with Ghirahim only because I played Skyward Sword and have never played a Fire Emblem game.

I also really like Ghirahim as the mirror opposite of Fi. He's an interesting character, as far as Zelda goes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ghirahim I think. Hard choice though. Besides, Ghirahim's inclusion makes Impa all the more likely :awesome: :reverse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom