• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to choose Day 19; Bayonetta vs Simon Belmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Well........yeah. Tails won the last one. So, to keep this up, I shall still do Konami vs SEGA. With two of the most requested third parties.

BAYONETTA

VS

CASTLEVANIA

Pretty straightforward. Pick between the two of Bayonetta and Simon Belmont. (and if you are wondering why this post is bland, I know next to nothing about the two.)

RULES

If you had to choose was a thread I originally started on GameFAQs.com. It became popular enough that I ran it also here. As of now, this is it's only home. (And now I am banned from the site :()

You must follow the Smashboards rules. I do not make exceptions because this is a forum game. Do not get into an argument with another user because he/she likes X better than Y, which is your pick. No trolling either.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BRINGING IN THE FOLLOWING ARGUMENTS; Relevancy, moveset potential, franchise reps, and everything else. This is a straight-up, who-is-your-preference. This is if Sakurai made you pick between the two. That is how I run this thread.

PREVIOUS WINNERS

Day 1; Ridley vs King K. Rool. WINNER; RIDLEY
Day 2; Shulk vs Issac WINNER; ISSAC
Day 3; Little Mac vs PAC-MAN vs Mii WINNER; LITTLE MAC (runner-up; PAC-MAN)
Day 4; Reggie vs Sakurai WINNER; REGGIE
Day 5; Sora vs Zero WINNER; SORA
Day 6; Dark Samus vs Dark Pit WINNER; DARK SAMUS
Day 7; Chrom vs Ghirahim WINNER; GHIRAHIM
Day 8; Female Villager vs Male Fit Trainer; WINNER; FEMALE VILLAGER
Day 9; Geno vs Daisy WINNER; GENO
Day 10; Groose vs Newtwo WINNER; NEWTWO
Day 11; Waluigi vs Goku WINNER; WALUIGI
Day 12; Dr. Mario vs Pichu WINNER; PICHU
Day 13; Dark Link vs Masked Link WINNER; MASKED LINK
Day 14; Wonder Red vs Rosalina WINNER; WONDER RED
Day 15; Viewtiful Joe vs Non-Specific Action Figure WINNER; VIEWTIFUL JOE
Day 16; Lloyd vs Owain WINNER; LLOYD
Day 15; Dixie Kong vs Palutena WINNER; PALUTENA
Day 16; Lucina vs Krystal WINNER; LUCINA
Day 17; Protoman vs Bowser Jr. WINNER; BOWSER JR.
Day 18; Tails vs Big Boss WINNER; TAILS
Day 19; Bayonetta vs Simon Belmont

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Anti-Sora : there are more deserving Square Enix chars.

Anti-Zero : we really shouldn't have two chars for one 3rd party company.

Can't choose on that one.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Even though i have never played kingdom hearts, sora. Because zero has almost the exact same abilities as mega man

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, neither should be in Smash, but I'd take Sora. A giant key is interesting.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Neither are likely, there are more deserving characters, but I'm a HUGE KH fanboy. Sora all the way. We haven't had a key yet. If Smash gets a 5th or 6th installment, then maybe Sora can get in.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
We already have Megaman confirmed for Smash 4 so it wouldn't be fun to have yet ANOTHER 3rd Party from a series already represented... So I'd say Sora from Kingdom Hearts could bring on a great challange.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Zero looks pretty bad ass hacked into Brawl with his own moveset. On the other hand, Sora could have magic abilities. I think I have to give it to Zero, but I would really like to have Kingdom Hearts music in SSB4.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I feel that Megaman is more than enough from the MM series. His inclusion is a very special occurence and Zero would just be unnecessary overkill. Besides, he's had enough spotlight anyway. Sora, on the other hand, is actually my second most wanted character after Megaman - I just don't push for him because he's such a long shot. However, I believe he could contribute some interesting moves as well as some wonderful things to the game such as stages and music.

Therefore, when it all comes down to it, the Keyblade trumps the Z-Saber in this round. So my answer is Sora.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel inclined to choose neither, honestly. Not a fan of either.:/

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Zero is 9329350483038403284209849375897329857324957 times cooler.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Even though i have never played kingdom hearts, sora. Because zero has almost the exact same abilities as mega man
This comment makes me so sad. but that said i would also prefer Sora cause i simply dont feel that we should get 2 characters from Capcom. not that either are very likely

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If I had to choose with no strings attached: Zero, cuz he's Zero. IDC if we already have Beam Swords as items, Zero's amazing.

Plus we might get some Disney references in Smash if Sora's involved. Too many companies for one cool character.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Sora is a better character than people make him out to be. He gets hated on alot because of his popularity. Sort of how Naruto was thought of much more positively before it became "mainstream". Also, zero is OP in marvel and I am sick of dealing with him.

Reznor

work in progress
Sora is a better character than people make him out to be. He gets hated on alot because of his popularity. Sort of how Naruto was thought of much more positively before it became "mainstream". Also, zero is OP in marvel and I am sick of dealing with him.
pretty sure people hate Sora because his games became overly complicated and emo
and Naruto started to suck after that exam when people started hating it (the exam was ok)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Zero.

As much as I love Kingdom Hearts, Zero is a better choice for a Nintendo beat-em up game due to having more games on Nintendo systems. 4 GBA games and 1 DS game of his own making 5 games in total, heck he is more deserving then X imo, the classic Megaman still beats him out by allot, while KH only has 4, and one of them if focused around Roxas instead of Sora and the other is more or less about Riku the most. Sora just isn't deserving of getting in Smash, Sora would be better and more deserving in a Play Station crossover of games, like Battl Royal. But also Disney wouldn't want one of their characters in a fighting game, and yes Disney owns rights to Sora becuase they didn't allow him to get into the one PSP game that I cannot recall the name of. lol

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Being a Dark Samus supporter since the pre-Brawl days (in addition to Ridley, of course), my support for her still holds strong, despite the lack of hope.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dark Pit seems like someone who could simply run as a Pit costume, Dark Samus can't simply be a Samus costume because it can't perform any of Samus' abilities, it has its own unique set of moves in the Prime games.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Dark Samus's phazon powers and Mewtwo-esque floatiness would make her a fun character to use. Hopefully she would get her creepy organic Metroid Prime 2 look. Her final smash would have her transform back into the metroid prime.

She's actually a phazon-enfused metroid that stole the phazon out of Samus's suit, rather than a Seamus clone, so she wouldn't be a clone fighter at all.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I think its strange enough that we have 2 links. having more of that type of thing bugs me a bit.
but if I HAVE to choose, then I choose dark samus.
as posters have said above, dark samus has the potential for a moveset based on itself and wouldn't just be a samus clone.
another Metroid rep would also be sweet. if not ridley, I wouldn't mind dark samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom