• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Could Add Two More Characters To Smash 4, Who Would It Be?

MasterZaden

Smash Cadet
I like how people still think it matters who owns what characters in a Nintendo game where you can play as Cloud Strife.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
I like how people still think it matters who owns what characters in a Nintendo game where you can play as Cloud Strife.
Square Enix is a still-functioning company with a strong relationship with Nintendo, and the Final Fantasy series does have ties to Nintendo consoles. I think what happened is Sakurai worked out a deal with Square Enix to get 1 Final Fantasy character in Smash. As ballot results rolled in, Cloud turned out to be the most requested FF character, and thus was put in the game.

D

Deleted member

I'd argue it still matters to an extent. While third party characters have definitely become a key aspect of Smash by this point, Sakurai (or whoever is directing) isn't just going to go through the effort of obtaining the rights to use any third party character unless they're a "special case". Not to mention that certain characters are owned by direct competitors or companies on bad terms with Nintendo.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Geno and Paper Mario. What can I say, I love my Mario RPGs (or what used to be a Mario RPG, in the case of the latter...), and these two are from some of my favorite games of all time and have quite a bit of moveset potential on their own. They'd both be insta-buys as DLC for me, even if the latter were based on his appearance in Sticker Star and Color Splash.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Definitely Solid Snake and King K. Rool.

As far as Nintendo characters are concerned, K. Rool and Ridley are my most wanted, but I feel like Ridley would be ineligible for DLC due to being part of a stage (technically; it's a clone as opposed to the real deal, but it seems like it would be close enough). I just find it odd that we only got one new Nintendo character, and it was purely for promotional reasons as opposed to popularity or the Ballot.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Wolf is a definitely. The fact that he isn't in the game makes no sense to begin with.

For a second character, I'm mostly indifferent. Bomberman seems like a reasonable choice, but something tells me he'd be pretty annoying to deal with. I can't think of a moveset for him that isn't bombed-based, which makes his potential inclusion a little disheartening. I personally loved Squirtle and Ivysaur (as separate characters), so I wouldn't be upset if they made it in. But let's be real, they won't.

I'm not even hopeful new characters will be added at all. Certainly not in the Wii U or 3DS version. If there is a Switch version, chances are it'll be a port.

Chenna

Smash Rookie
Shadow the Hedgehog,And Sora(Although I never played kingdom hearts, he just looks like he belongs).

AlRex

Smash Lord
Simon Belmont and a Tetris brick

Simon because I like Castlevania and it's pretty heavily associated with Nintendo from the NES days, plus Simon's moveset would be both unique and would practically write itself.

Tetris brick because it's also pretty heavily associated with Nintendo and video games in general, but I also want to see what they'd do with such a thing.

I think characters like Inkling, Dixie/K. Rool, etc. are going to eventually get a shot anyways, so I went with one character I really want, but don't exactly expect, and one ridiculous one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom and Crash Bandicoot for me.

Honorable mentions go to Celica and Decidueye.

Naokami414

Smash Rookie
NNID
AceMaximus414
Chrom and Crash Bandicoot for me.

Honorable mentions go to Celica and Decidueye.
Good one! I really think they at least could have had Chrom as a dlc skin for Lucina. Also, in the game of F E Awakening, Lucina states that her fighting style is EXACTLY like her Father's. If you need even more proof, here's a clip from the Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaPXlKYoIo

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wolf and tails.

I love star fox and I might drop my current main for Tails if he was in the game.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool
Isaac or Impa I really cannot decide and thinking about it hurts my head and heart at the same time.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
1. Snake (I'm missing my old main)

2. Bomberman ( Out of all the characters I hope that'll get into smash one day... this remains the one I see myself having the most fun with)

Mr.ケイ

Smash Apprentice
1) Ganon (the OG pig form), just screw Ganondrof, he's nothing more than an ungraceful Falcon knockoff. Hell, he isn't even the iconic Zelda villain, Ganon is. Ganondorf was only a villain in 3 games while Ganon has been in almost all.
2) Krystal from Star Fox because more female and Start Fox rep and a staff based moveset would be different from what we have already: plenty of punch, kicks, and swords.

Though I'd personally prefer if they updated veteran characters with a moveset that feels as unique and awesome as those of the new characters.

Last edited:

XXXXXXXXXBRAWLPMSSB4

Smash Rookie

Picky and Pokey hands down from Mother. Poo too but DEF picky and pokey, it needs to happen lol we need more earthbound characters,already got 6 fire emblem characters. Add them on the switch version and I'll die happy

We most definitely need some Golden Sun characters along with some more Final Fantasy characters. in terms of Final Fantasy I would love to see tifa, MOST DEF SEPHIROTH, cloud again, and or squall. With their Kingdom hearts costumes too

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Wolf and Decidueye...
Unless I can't add a character that doesn't exist at the time of Sm4sh's DLC release, in which case replace the latter with Isaac or K Rool.
Snake gets a honorable mention as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
If I had to pick 2, I'd definitely go with Wolf and Ice Climbers. They aren't my favorites by any means, but both did end up getting shafted in some way. It's understandable why the Ice Climbers got shafted, because the 3DS simply couldn't handle the intense gameplay of wobbling and chaingrabbing. However, Wolf definitely should've returned. There was no reason for him to get cut at all, and back in 2014 I imagined that he would be top priority along with Mewtwo for DLC, but apparently not. Anyways, yeah, if it were possible I'd bring those two over to Smash 4.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Black Shadow and Ninten would be cool
Yep. I'd sure hope Ninten would play differently from Ness and Lucas, too. I was originally working on Ninten as a character in the Make Your Move thread. Up special would be Teleport. It'd be like Mewtwo's with the ability to damage opponents like Zelda's Farore's Wind. The animation would like Ness' intro before the match starts. A lot of characters have the ability to counter their opponents. Instead of PSI Magnet, Ninten had Power Shield, which worked like a reflector. B could be Offense Up. All attacks would obviously increase in damage and knockback. This would include Power Shield's reflective ability. Reflectors already increase damage, knockback, and speed, so Power Shield would be a good counter against projectiles. Side special would be a slingshot. I would have gone with PK Beam, but that's Ana's.

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
Doomguy and Classic Sonic. If not Classic Sonic, then Reimu.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Crash Bandicoot and Bomberman.

My life would be complete

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Would love for Wolf to come back (he would have benefited from the improved recoveries).

Seeing Shadow the Hedgehog as a playable character and not as a dumb assist trophy, especially if he's not a Sonic clone (I want my Mewtwo vs Shadow matchups), a semi-cloned moveset (replacing Spring Jump with Chaos Control, Spin Dash Side-B with the boosting mechanic from Unleashed, Generations and Forces, and combining said Spin Dash with Spin Charge Down-B would be just like the classic Sonic games, while keeping most of Sonic's moveset intact (just with differences to be more Shadow-like.)

Top Bottom