• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Stay out of this, Ligolski! He's mine.
I think metagaming is stupid and I'm not going to take the time to research an entirely different game just to find out something that might not even apply. Just because someone has a history of voting without any reasoning doesn't make it not-scummy.
Of course it does. People have their little ways of playing. KevinM, from what I've seen from past mafia games, doesn't post all that much. Does that mean he's a mafia-lurker because he hasn't done so much this game either? No. Gotmink is fairly innactive. If he does it in this game, then he must be another lurker as well, right? I'm not saying you should just give those people free rides. You do, however, need to have more points against them than their small quirks.

I like how you call something you know you cant win against "stupid".[/sarcasm]
I also like how you dont want to do a little research so you just say I'm guilty.[/sarcasm] Shouldn't it be your job as the accuser to actually go and find something against the one you're suspicious of? Wouldn't it be oh-so-convienent if I just went "Frozenflame is Serial Killer, guys. Let's all kill him. I dont feel like telling you why. lulz" Because that's all you're doing right now. You're whole point in suspecting me as mafia is the less than superb voting I did on Day 1. Once you realized that's how I've been playing my whole time here on Smash Boards you've got absolutely no case.
No. My point is you were showing suspicions of Frozen for most of Day 1, and none for Defjam. As soon as a bandwagon started on Defjam you jumped right on. This along with your careless votes for Dark_Ermac make you look scummy.
Once again you admit the only thing you find scummy about me was stuff I did on Day 1. >_> Well I already explained myself for my votes, which I will admit was a bad move on my part, but I will clearly state this. I regret nothing with Defjam. Did I make myself clear? I dont regret voting against her other than the fact that she ended up being town. If the same situation came up again, I'd do the same.

Defjam wasn't some "Oh my gosh, let me bandwagon" vote. Nor was it an "I'm bored. Kill time" vote. I honestly believed her to be independant/mafia, more than I believed Frozen to be independant/mafia, aaaand there was less of a consequence in the small chance I was on wrong on either of them. Kill Defjam when she's town? Bad. Kill Frozen when he's town? Very stupid.
Er, not at all. My point was you were attacking Frozen to get heat off of Tails. That seems logical, right? Then you say I'm a hypocrite for doing the same thing, yet you think Frozen is the SK. I'm not following you.
I thought it was pretty obvious. I criticized your sense of approach and style.
Your points against Frozen just don't make him look like the SK, why would the SK go out of his way to try and get the double voter killed? It just doesn't make sense to me.
:urg: Because Serial Killers+killing town=good.
There's so much more to my arguement against him than this small, circumstantial fact. Perhaps you need to go back and read my posts against him. You probably turned a blind eye because your suspicion of me clouded your mind.
I don't see how that would effect it at all.
Ok, let me ask you a question. Assuming I am mafia, why then am I attacking Frozen?
I don't see how your reasoning makes Frozen the SK. You seem so certain that Frozen is our SK, but I'm not seeing what makes it so obvious. It appears like you have some outside information that would lead you to believe he is the SK, something the mafia would be able to figure out. Let me ask you this, what has Frozen done that makes you so sure Frozen is the SK?
I can handle that you aren't convinced by my points against Frozen, but your whole "maybe you've got outside info because you're mafia, hur hur hur" was just bad.

And I've already made my case against him. I could quote it for you. Repeating the same mesage over and over just doesn't seem necessary. I'll do so right now.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I still think Frozenflame has been acting weird all game.
My suspicions of Frozenflame still stand. He didn't say anything I didn't know already in his defense. Under Frozen's loose cannon reasoning, I just dont really see the difference in trying to lynch someone who we were all pretty darn sure was town, and killing someone we definitely knew was town. He's still a "loose cannon", why did Frozen unvote then? That's all I'm interesed in knowing.
So we're voting on tails, because he voted for himself? Weird.
Exactly. I could have seen myself voting for tails if the reasoning had just been "This has been a long, stupid day; let's kill the innactive", but there's no way I'm going to vote on him just because he voted on himself all the way in the beginning of the game. In my eyes, Frozenflame has done more suspicious things than tails. (although he has been more active too)
He lead the town into trying to kill Ermac as a "loose cannon". This means he acknowledged that Ermac was town.He then changed his mind when Ermac's double vote didn't show up in the official vote count thing, said he didn't think he was a double voter any longer, and jumped on it to re-affirm his vote. After Jonejedi saved Ermac from certain disaster Frozen just unvoted a little too quickly for my liking. He said Ermac was dangerous as a loose cannon, then claimed he wasn't a double voter, then went back into believing he was one, but ended up not pushing for a lynch although his loose cannon reasoning was still valid as it had always been. (not that it was all that great to begin with) The whole situation was a little too flaky for my liking. I think he was just seizing the opportunity to attack Ermac with his noobiness. (no offense to Ermac)A great sign of a potential scumbag is INCONSISTENCY.
Also consider that he's never been the force behind a lynch on Day 1, much less a townie's lynch. He never tried to help Ermac in any way. Let me say something I've been saying in every single mafia game I've been in: Everyone is a noob at one point. Frozen never gave him a chance to get better, but instead chose to try and kill him. Food for thought.

This next part is assuming we all agree that Frozen is scum. He's why the probabily of him being mafia instead of serial killer is low. Unless we take the possibility of him killing off Tails, a mafia buddy, on purpose as a strategic manuever. Of course, speculation sucks.
He then voted for Tails under stupid reasons. (actually, a lot of people did this too, possibly out of frustration/boredom :() Tails turned out to be mafia, but we can all pretty much agree that the reasoning behind the votes against him were pretty dumb.

I'm certain Frozenflame is our independant. In my mind it's a 90% possibility with a 7% chance of being mafia who decided to turn on an innactive Tails to confirm himself and a 3% chance of him being town.

Considering how Frozen has been active on Day 1 and Day 1 only, his record isn't that great. He was pretty much gone Day 2 and 3.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
304. People KEEP ON IGNORING THE FACT THAT 100 NUMBERS WERE ACCIDENTALLY SKIPPED, despite several people speaking up, and the next poster number's their post as 406 instead of the correct 306.

305. Brawl discs contain the data for Donkey Kong Barrel Blast.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Results:

Division 15

characters advancing to Round 2:

1st - King K. Rool [18 votes]

2nd - Link [16 votes]

Characters eliminated from tournament:

3rd - Jigglypuff [10 votes]

4th - Captain Olimar [4 votes]

Please wait for next division to open...

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Division 16 [NOW OPEN!]

- Zero Suit Samus

- Ganondorf

- Geno

- WW Link

and we have finally arrived to division 16, the last division in Round 1 and what is sure to be an interesting battle. I will vote for WW Link. You may now vote for this division.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Of course it does. People have their little ways of playing. KevinM, from what I've seen from past mafia games, doesn't post all that much. Does that mean he's a mafia-lurker because he hasn't done so much this game either? No. Gotmink is fairly innactive. If he does it in this game, then he must be another lurker as well, right? I'm not saying you should just give those people free rides. You do, however, need to have more points against them than their small quirks.
Scummy voting is scummy voting no matter if a person has a history of it. I understand that it may very well just be them being themselves, but you can't let people hide behind their play style.

Commonyoshi said:
I like how you call something you know you cant win against "stupid".[/sarcasm]
I also like how you dont want to do a little research so you just say I'm guilty.[/sarcasm] Shouldn't it be your job as the accuser to actually go and find something against the one you're suspicious of? Wouldn't it be oh-so-convienent if I just went "Frozenflame is Serial Killer, guys. Let's all kill him. I dont feel like telling you why. lulz" Because that's all you're doing right now. You're whole point in suspecting me as mafia is the less than superb voting I did on Day 1. Once you realized that's how I've been playing my whole time here on Smash Boards you've got absolutely no case.
Metagame accusations are what people use when they can't find any real evidence, something I won't resort to. Besides, giving people free rides(as you said) IS stupid. If you think your voting on Day 1 is why I believe you to be mafia, then you've missed my point entirely. When you declared Frozen to be SK, without giving any reason as to why he would be the SK instead of mafia, lead me to believe you had some sort of outside information. I went back over your posts and saw you had some scummy votes on Day 1, which I brought up, they are in no way what made me think you were mafia.

Commonyoshi said:
Once again you admit the only thing you find scummy about me was stuff I did on Day 1. >_> Well I already explained myself for my votes, which I will admit was a bad move on my part, but I will clearly state this. I regret nothing with Defjam. Did I make myself clear? I dont regret voting against her other than the fact that she ended up being town. If the same situation came up again, I'd do the same.
I did not admit any such thing. I'm telling you your votes on Dark_Ermac and Defjam were scummy, just further backing up my belief of you being mafia.

Commonyoshi said:
Defjam wasn't some "Oh my gosh, let me bandwagon" vote. Nor was it an "I'm bored. Kill time" vote. I honestly believed her to be independant/mafia, more than I believed Frozen to be independant/mafia, aaaand there was less of a consequence in the small chance I was on wrong on either of them. Kill Defjam when she's town? Bad. Kill Frozen when he's town? Very stupid.
It's not your vote for Defjam alone that made it look bad, it was the fact that you just posted how you thought Frozen was mafia, then voted Defjam. I understand you can think multiple people are scummy, it was the timing of it that stuck out to me.

Commonyoshi said:
I thought it was pretty obvious. I criticized your sense of approach and style.
Either way, my point has merit.

Commonyoshi said:
:urg: Because Serial Killers+killing town=good.
There's so much more to my arguement against him than this small, circumstantial fact. Perhaps you need to go back and read my posts against him. You probably turned a blind eye because your suspicion of me clouded your mind.
Not necessarily. The SK doesn't care if he kills mafia or town, people will die either way. I'd actually say the mafia are more dangerous to him since they will do anything they can to reveal the SK.

Commonyoshi said:
Ok, let me ask you a question. Assuming I am mafia, why then am I attacking Frozen?
Because you believe he is the SK, and the SK is extremely dangerous to the mafia. Even if Frozen is town, he's a good player that poses more of a threat than most, so it would be a win/win for the mafia. The doctor died last night, and there was only one kill, so if the mafia shot at Frozen and he didn't die, they will do anything to get him lynched(which is what I'm assuming happened.)

I just re-read your case against Frozen, and now I'm even more convinced that he isn't the SK. Nothing you've posted shows him to be the SK, which is my whole point of you having outside information.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Geno is a baller,
No one can deny it, Unless they don't know who Geno is

Maybe saying no one can deny it is a little too much....

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ganondorf: 5

Geno: 9

Zero suit Samus: 0

WW Link: 1

One guy voted for Ganondorf and Geno in the same post, so his entire post wouldn't be counted. Those are the current results after I recounted them.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

Division 16

1st - Geno [9 votes]

2nd - Ganondorf [7 votes]

3rd - WW Link [2 votes]

4th - Zero Suit Samus [0 votes]

Bed time. and you guys forgot my WW Link vote to start the round off :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom