• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zevox

Smash Lord
You know, my personal favorites from there are Pit and Zelda (in that order), but because I like Fire Emblem more than either of those series and I know those two will win anyway, I'll vote for Roy.

Zevox

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
I'll vote for Pit.

Edit: Could you change division 9 a little. I mean Krystal, Micaiah and Wolf... Krystal and Wolf are from the same series and probably the most wanted newcomers from that series, so those should be in different division. And both Krystal and Micaiah are two of the absolute most wanted women in this game, so I would also prefer them to be in different divisions.
definitely, I'll fix that right now.

Edit: ok, how does it look now? Haha I realize that by fixing one thing, I could be creating a problem somewhere else in the bracket. but keep the feedback coming everyone, so we can make sure we have the most agreeable bracket by the time each division is reached.

Shuma

Smash Hero
What Sir Zevox said. Ashley is just a character who got support because of some dumb theory the fans created because of one meaningless update. Just like Palutena.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Shes the only remaining unrealistic character. She didn't even have a fan base among SSB players until her music update, and music is no guarantee of a character's presence (if it were, KK Slider would be in, and Ridley would be a boss), plus shes a minor character from the Wario Ware series, which is really only being mentioned because Wario got in, and Wario's popularity comes as much (if not more) from his Mario origins and appearances as from Wario Ware. There are so many characters with more reason to be in than her its not even funny - and among those are several who have already been dropped in this thread (the only ones from the original list shes on par with are Skull Kid, Black Mage, and the Black Knight; and even those are arguable).

Zevox
I see your point. I can't explain much as it is but because of that update, that gave the fans that already support her more coruge and made new one's. Well that explains why people don't like her, I just wish they would say that at her thread.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I see your point. I can't explain much as it is but because of that update, that gave the fans that already support her more coruge and made new one's. Well that explains why people don't like her, I just wish they would say that at her thread.
That would probably be considered trolling if we did that. And I am sure it's been said numerous times, people just deny it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
When the first SE update appeared Palutena appeared in a screenshot and she quickly gained a fanbase, just like Ashley.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
No matter how "unrealistic" you guys may say she is, she still has a fan base, and that's something you can't deny. There is nothing wrong with supporting a character you like, no matter how low of the chances she has, and taking it out on the character for going to a higher round than you want, or being chosen over your favorite sounds ridiculous to me.

People, this is a thread game. It isn't who gets into the roster of SSBB, in fact, it doesn't have any sort of significance towards the SSBB game itself at all. The thread was created just for fun.

Zevox

Smash Lord
When the first SE update appeared Palutena appeared in a screenshot and she quickly gained a fanbase, just like Ashley.
Aye, and it evaporated just as quickly when she was shown in the background during Pit's final smash. I rather wish something similar could happen to Ashley, to be honest. Unfortunately, I doubt she warrants an AT, and theres no character whose FS/moves she could realistically appear in, so it seems we're to be stuck with her cult until Brawl's release.

Zevox

Shuma

Smash Hero
I "dislike" not because of her character or her chances, she looks cool, however i don't think Warioware deserves another character... yet.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
definitely, I'll fix that right now.

Edit: ok, how does it look now? Haha I realize that by fixing one thing, I could be creating a problem somewhere else in the bracket. but keep the feedback coming everyone, so we can make sure we have the most agreeable bracket by the time each division is reached.
Yeah, now it's great. I checked some of the other divisions too, and couldn't find anything worth changing.

Shuma

Smash Hero
True. And i find interesting that this game is so fun that it made you come out of your cavern.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Awww Isaac's out. Dang. Oh well he had to go eventually.

And I agree with Shuma. I don't see you post often Grim! What have you been up to? And what's your connection with my hometown? :p (you can pm me if you don't want to spam)

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Thats up to the voters.

also, by arguing/debating with fanboys, you only incite a response (almost always defensive) the defensive response only encourages more to come to the fanboy's aid (and therefore: fresh votes).
The above circumstances almost always result in a fierce flame war.
I completely agree.

Stating that you don't want the character in (or in this case, actually saying you hate them, don't think they are worthy, etc) does nothing but cause conflict. Not to mention those who are stating this are gaining nothing, because this only brings more people to want to vote the character they don't like just for the "lulz".

I have characters that I don't want to move on, but I'm not stating them, because I feel would to do nothing but encourage voters against it. It makes no sense to really.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

Division 2

1st - Pit [8 votes]

2nd - Zelda [2 votes]

2nd - Roy [2 votes]

3rd - Chibi Robo [1 vote]

this is my last update for tonight, I've got class early and I barely got any sleep last night...keep the voting going though! I'll update as soon as I can tomorrow! :cool:

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
I completely agree.

Stating that you don't want the character in (or in this case, actually saying you hate them, don't think they are worthy, etc) does nothing but cause conflict. Not to mention those who are stating this are gaining nothing, because this only brings more people to want to vote the character they don't like just for the "lulz".

I have characters that I don't want to move on, but I'm not stating them, because I feel would to do nothing but encourage voters against it. It makes no sense to really.
I'll take a wild guess and say we don't agree on a lot of characters for whom we want to see in brawl. Your sig is filled with ones I can't stand (Krystal, Ashley, Midna, Lucario). But I guess this is that whole freedom of choice thing, eh?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Krystal=New star fox rep, better than Slippy
Ashley=agreed
Midna=better than Zant/skull kid/vatti
Lucario=agreed

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a wild guess and say we don't agree on a lot of characters for whom we want to see in brawl. Your sig is filled with ones I can't stand (Krystal, Ashley, Midna, Lucario). But I guess this is that whole freedom of choice thing, eh?
Well, not completely. I don't want to not see any character in Brawl. The more characters the better if you ask me. The ones in my signature are there because they are characters that I would love to see in over others (Ridley was there, the picture's URL got messed up or something, I have to find a new one). But this doesn't mean I actually don't want a specific character in at all.

And of course I'm entitled to my own thoughts and what characters I support more. Why wouldn't I be?

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Well, not completely. I don't want to not see any character in Brawl. The more characters the better if you ask me. The ones in my signature are there because they are characters that I would love to see in over others (Ridley was there, the picture's URL got messed up or something, I have to find a new one). But this doesn't mean I actually don't want a specific character in at all.

And of course I'm entitled to my own thoughts and what characters I support more. Why wouldn't I be?
I'm just playing with you. Of course you have your opinion. It's wrong, but your entitled to it. :lick:

I actually don't want to see some characters in the game, only because it meant a better character more suited for the game could have been there instead. I'm all for having a 100 characters in the game, but that isn't going to happen.

We are going to get somewhere between 36 to 50 if we are really lucky. I want that class of characters to be the best. And those 4 that I mentioned aren't in that category. That's all.

Of course if I had it my way, Cloud, Titus, Dante (DMC), Vincent (FF VII), and Luke Skywalker would all be in the game. But none of those are going to happen either.

And man we need the next round to start so we can get back on topic. :D

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I'm just playing with you. Of course you have your opinion. It's wrong, but your entitled to it. :lick:

I actually don't want to see some characters in the game, only because it meant a better character more suited for the game could have been there instead. I'm all for having a 100 characters in the game, but that isn't going to happen.

We are going to get somewhere between 36 to 50 if we are really lucky. I want that class of characters to be the best. And those 4 that I mentioned aren't in that category. That's all.

Of course if I had it my way, Cloud, Titus, Dante (DMC), Vincent (FF VII), and Luke Skywalker would all be in the game. But none of those are going to happen either.

And man we need the next round to start so we can get back on topic. :D
Wait, how is my opinion wrong? I didn't even know I said enough to be wrong about... T_T. (I'm guessing your just kidding.)

I completely understand that, you would rather have characters that the majority of SSBB players would be happy with than fewer. If this game consisted of characters that no one knew of or cared about, it probably wouldn't be where it is today. And also agree, 100 characters isn't going to happen. I would love for it to be that way, but it just isn't going to. I was mostly talking about the characters with large fan bases and are discussed here a lot though, sorry I wasn't more clear on that. There isn't a character that has a large fan base that I don't want in Brawl. A character such as Koopa, would be a waste of a spot if they were limited, I could agree. But to me, a character like Geno, Isaac, Megaman, etc that are commonly talked about with a lot of fans, I would all want to see them in Brawl, despite the fact I don't like some of those characters them selves.

And yea, we definitely need the next round to start :laugh:. It's not gonna happen anytime soon though.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys but im going to vote for ashley, because i promised myself once i'd vote for her... and i wanna get it out of the way. Oh and this isn't my official vote.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Yes, i knew i never said it counted, In other words Limit don't read, im never doing this again, i knew people would think i was voting, no one do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom