• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
frozenflame751 said:
This really was a bad time to put a time limit on day one, seeing as how a whole bunvh of players are still gone on trips and have limited computer access, hence their lurking.

Anyway, at the moment skylink is looking the most suspicious to me. First he says that voting no lynch is NOT an option. Why not? If we have a deadlined day one and we haven't rooted out someone with strong mafia tells, then why shouldn't we voet no lynch? Voting no lynch is the best thign to do when a good choice for a lynch hasn't been found, because a random lynch definately will not help the town in any way.

Secondly, he's already jumped around with his suspicions three times, first he votes SideEffect, then he more or less FOS's everyone on the small marshigio bandwagon, and then he votes TahjMach because in his one post he sais he didn't want to get bandwagoned for lurking like Marshigio. I don't find anything scummy about that.

So, which what little I have to go with, I think my vote is best placed on Skylink at the moment. Vote: Skylink
Saying no lynch is suspicious? That seems reasonable when there is nothing we can do right now.

4 people voting for me when I didn't even post was a little strange, especially TahjMach's reaction.

I'm still not sure who to vote for yet, but there are a few who seem suspicious.

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
Ok, I'm gonna show who has had votes, why, and how many to help clear things up.

SidEffect001 Vote removed
He proposed the no lynch idea. He got the first real vote in the game. He also was vote hopping, just as I have, as he followed my idea and five posts later was voting for me.

Marshigo Votes: 3
He was inactive during the first two pages, wich isn't really a crime, but he did get immedeate votes from pezadict, lance187, and tahj-mach. None removed their votes.

tahj-mach Votes: 1
This suspect the last poster who voted marshigo, and has not posted or removed his post since, even though Marshigo returned a few pages ago.

Sinz (formally known as Dawnroyfire) Votes: 1
Like sideEffect, agreed with me earlier with my post about how it was strange how three people follow one accusation at the same time but do not do the same for other accusations.

Skylink 4 votes (i think?)
Yes, I'm sure this is the part you have been waiting to read. :dizzy: This suspect is known for the mostly the same as SideEffect; vote hopping. He Voted SideEffect at the start, then FOSd the three that folowed th doc's suspicion on the Marshigo, then votes tahj-mach. However, in all honest opinion, this is not vote hopping. I FOSd two and voted two. And they both had reason.

I think thedocslive made some pretty good points thus far, except for the accusation on sinz. Apparently from his post, he didn't see my post and just said the same thing I said, so it wouldn't be suspiciousfor him to place a vote on me.

frozenflame751 said:
Anyway, at the moment skylink is looking the most suspicious to me. First he says that voting no lynch is NOT an option. Why not? If we have a deadlined day one and we haven't rooted out someone with strong mafia tells, then why shouldn't we vote no lynch? Voting no lynch is the best thign to do when a good choice for a lynch hasn't been found, because a random lynch definately will not help the town in any way.
I already mentioned this. Voting no lynch costs the town a life from the mafia nightkill, the sereal Killer attack, the numerous town players in the game with swords, lances, and axes, as well as any other abilities, that, since the town is the majority, will be targeted on the town.
frozenflame751 said:
Secondly, he's already jumped around with his suspicions three times, first he votes SideEffect, then he more or less FOS's everyone on the small marshigio bandwagon, and then he votes TahjMach because in his one post he sais he didn't want to get bandwagoned for lurking like Marshigio. I don't find anything scummy about that.

So, which what little I have to go with, I think my vote is best placed on Skylink at the moment. Vote: Skylink
Oh please, that is not vote hopping. And I have plenty of reason for all of them.

I'd also like to note that the two large bandwagons (the ones on marshigo and me) both had nothing on the m other than one post and like, three/four people voted them immedeatly. Marshigo has returned, and I just explained myself.

There. long post. :psycho: please, guys, just listen to me...

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Handorin you did'nt change the "c" word in post #732. Why did you lie to me?

In case you don't know here's the word in yellow:
Well, that is pretty much crap. Im not going to look through all the pages to look for rules. Sucks Im on vacation and cant defend my favorite stage as well.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Ok skylink but before I unvote you...<your vote on tahj>>>I believe you said something like he was the last person to vote marchigio making him suspicious but if I had voted also being the last person to vote marchigio instead of tahj that would make you suspicious of me...You would have to say yes because because according to YOUR reason you voted him because he was the last person to vote marchigio...Please explain yourself...maybe I misread one of your posts or missed something else...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
o I see...
This suspect the last poster who voted marshigo, and has not posted or removed his post since, even though Marshigo returned a few pages ago.
So what if he hasn't returned yet...we all have busy lives...Your reasoning is flawed and therefore my vote stays for now...

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Sorry I haven't been posting as much as I normally do, I haven't had a day off this week because i'm trying to get some extra money before taking off so much work to go to FC6.

I see Marshigo has returned since my last post here and it'd be ******** me to keep my vote on him since my reason for voting him was lurking. unvote: Marshigo

Since the person with the most votes gets lynched at the dealine, I don't want to put my vote anywhere right now. The deadline is just before I go out of town so i'm going to see what kind of info comes up. Patience is a virtue.

ixnayonthehombre

Smash Rookie
I'd like to have something to add, I really would, but I'm just out of it right now...All I can say is that I agree a little with Skylink, those votes had a bit of a basis to them. I always hate when people just show up to say 'I agree with so and so' and then vote somebody off of someone else's suspicions...and here I am hypocritically doing it myself. I suppose that in the eyes of the people at smashboards, that is better than not posting at all. This deadline thing is really not boding well for this game of Mafia.
Unvote: Okurama - 'cuz that was random
Vote: Marshigo - 'cuz hes still pretty far away from a lynch, and he has the second most votes, after Skylink...who I just agreed with. I guess that for the time being, I'm opposed to a no-lynch. Thedocsalive, JamesSparrow and Kirbyphreak know how well that went last time...

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
BTW, I agree with ligolski. Even though tahj hasn't removed his vote since Marshigo showed back up, he hasn't posted since so he probably doesn't know.

Realistically, he's most likely new to Mafia...look at his post count, he's probably new to the boards all together and doesn't get on much. It'd be one thing if he was active and still hadn't removed his vote but the fact is, he isn't very active at all.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You're voting me just because I have the 2nd most votes?

You said yourself that you're being a hypocrite, but as you've seen a few others have said no vote at the time, better to play smart rather than just vote on someone without a GOOD reason and that's a pretty weak reason.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
ixnayonthehombre said:
I guess that for the time being, I'm opposed to a no-lynch. Thedocsalive, JamesSparrow and Kirbyphreak know how well that went last time...
ixnay's right, we can't no-lynch, that'll get us no where.

marshigio said:
You're voting me just because I have the 2nd most votes?
What are the reasons for voting marshigio? Really, the only one was him being inactive. And he really hasn't been anymore.

marshigio said:
4 people voting for me when I didn't even post was a little strange, especially TahjMach's reaction.

I'm still not sure who to vote for yet, but there are a few who seem suspicious.
The chances of him being so-called "suspicious" are slim to none. The real people we should be looking at are the people who vote as bandwagoners without a reason, and vote hoppers, a la the people who bandwagon on marshigio just because he is the leading vote-getter. There really is no reason to vote marshigio.

thedocsalive said:
Oh, and deadline is apparently July 11th at 10:15 p.m. EST. That's exactly four days after we started.
You know what that means? The person we are voting out is the person with the most number of votes, meaning marshigio. We are voting out a guy for no reason other than the fact that he was formerly inactive, which is valid enough, until he returns. Let's look at tahj, pez and others who bandwagon on for no reason other than randomness. These lurkers are the real peole we whould be inquiring about.

TahjMach

Smash Rookie
OK, OK. I voted Marsh back when he was inactive. I have been inactive too so it's not weird that I didn't know he showed back up.

unvote: Marshigio

I'm new to mafia, please give me a break.

Also, i'm not lurking, i'm a really, really busy person.

Can I get an updated vote count?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Geez sorry dude. I did edit it, but this hotel internet service probally pick it up. Just dont pay attention to it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
SidEffect001 Vote removed

Marshigo Votes: 2

Sinz (formally known as Dawnroyfire) Votes: 1

Skylink:4 votes

ixnayonthehombre

I think this is it anyway. ixnayonthehombre has NO good reason why I should be lynched, he basically just said that since I have the 2nd most votes, he'd rather see me be lynched than skylink. Also said I'm pretty far from being lynched, showing that he's targeting me for no good reason.

Sounds like a bandwagoner to me, and like agentli said, they need to be rid of. He also admitted to being a hypocrite, which definetly does NOT help his case.

Vote: ixnayonthehombre

camo-man

Smash Cadet
What the? I'll just do Riciardos'

Stickman, dang is he
Easy to draw.... I just wish
The teachers let me.

Write about Calvin and Hobbes.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Calvin is a boy
Hobbes is a silly tiger
I know that was crap

Write about Captain Olimar

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It was sent in.

Pleased at the death of an Other, you all fall asleep, slightly more secure then normal. But then you all remember that a guitar use to send you to sleep. That all feels so long ago now.

You all awake when the sun comes up, the first time in many nights. As you all stand up, you think that the last few Others might have sprinted away. Looking around you, however, you all see the lifeless...ah what the hell is that?

You all crowd around the remains on the one you knew as Duke, now nothing more then smoke laying in the craters created by the attacker. He was The Monster, independant alligned

(Note: The picture of him is too big, so I am linking it so the page isn't spread out. Also, there is no picture of the monster by himself, so you all get a nice last look at Frozen as well)
http://timdorr.com/images/Lost/monster8.jpg

No one can find Chill . He cannot be killed or use night abilities today.

A stumbling FalcoX comes out from the woods. You notice her stomach is smaller.

Skylink, SoUV, FalcoX, and Thedocsalive are all coughing heavily.

With 6 able to vote, it takes 4 to lynch.
DAY 6 BEGINS

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
Look at this. I can't believe this. I have aproxx. 24 hours to get >4 votes on someone that that actually deserves a lynch.

Tahj, Lance, and pezaddict all saw a bandwagon and immedeatly saw that it was on a mafia. All they said was "I agree with thedocsalive" and voted. then frozen sugested that we lynch me. Immedeatly, karshin, side, ligolski, and ianxy voted. thedoc's bandwagon holds no water now that Marshigo is back, and the only reason that I seem to have four votes is vote hopping multiple bandwagons even though they had reason and, heaven forbid, sugest and explain why it would be downright stupid to not lynch today. WHERE IS THE DISCUSION? THE THINKING? THE TOWNIES?

to sum it up: THOSE ACCUSATIONS HOLD NO WATER AND THEIR VOTES HOLD! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE MAFIA DOES!!

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Vote count:

TahjMach - 1
Skylink

Skylink
frozenflame751, SideEffect001, Sinz, ligolski

Marshigio - 2
pezaddict, ixnay

Sinz - 1
thedocsalive

It takes 13 to lynch.

Time day 1 started - 7:30 pm, July 7. This means you have 23h, 30 min from now...

Now.... to clear some things. I volunteer at a summer camp for the most of the day.... so night is usually when I post.

If the votes on two people are equal at the deadline, the one that posted the most recently will be spared. Just don't turn this into a spamfest. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Ixanyonthehombre

That vote reasoning is weak, and we all know it. This is the most suspicious thing I've seen, and given the time limit I think my vote is better somewhere than nowhere.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Skylink said:
THOSE ACCUSATIONS HOLD NO WATER AND THEIR VOTES HOLD! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE MAFIA DOES!!
Actually, no, that's not what most mafia do. They are usually the ones that try to create suspicion on others. Becuase no one can trust anyone, or know anything for sure, then someone can always spin something to make someone look suspicious. I did it in the first one, the mafia did in in the second game, and I actually didn't read the others, but they probally did it there too.

It's usually people that don't know what they are doing that just come up and randomly post a vote on someone. They are usually townies that are new to this game, or are called Pezzadict.

I'm not saying that they cant be mafia, or that those that make ideas are mafia. I am just saying that you cannot group mafia together and say "This is what they do, and this is what townies do!". Remember, the mafia already know who is town and who is mafia. We do not. If someone is slightly suspicious, we might hold back on voting becuase we don't know for sure. If he is town, then the mafia can then exploit it by shoving everything together to make the suspicion the top person everyone is thinking about. And usually, you can't tell that they are doing it.

Might as well point this out here as well: People make mistakes. It takes 16 people to lynch someone. If all of the mafia vote for someone, and we do lynch said person, that means that 11 people are wrong. One of those 11 might be the first person that started the bandwagon. If someone makes a plan, and it ends terribly, it does NOT mean they are mafia. This is a mistake that is repeated over and over again by the town. They should be held in suspicion, but only that. Townies make mistakes too

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Skylink said:
Skylink 4 votes (i think?)
Yes, I'm sure this is the part you have been waiting to read. :dizzy: This suspect is known for the mostly the same as SideEffect; vote hopping. He Voted SideEffect at the start, then FOSd the three that folowed th doc's suspicion on the Marshigo, then votes tahj-mach. However, in all honest opinion, this is not vote hopping. I FOSd two and voted two. And they both had reason.
Actually you're wrong here in a few ways. First of all, sideeffect wasn't vote hoping; he voted TahjMach and then he voted for you. Secondly, you changed your suspicions 4 times, first a vote on bahamut, then on SideEffect, then the pseudo-FOS's, then a vote on TahjMach. It doesn't matter if you have a reason for all of your votes or not, it's still vote hopping and it's still kinda scummy IMO.
Skylink said:
I already mentioned this. Voting no lynch costs the town a life from the mafia nightkill, the sereal Killer attack, the numerous town players in the game with swords, lances, and axes, as well as any other abilities, that, since the town is the majority, will be targeted on the town.Oh please, that is not vote hopping. And I have plenty of reason for all of them.
Wrong again. Voting no lynch has a chance to SAVE the town a life. The way you say voting no lynch cause the town to lose lives, you make it sound as if you forgot that night still happens if we actually lynch someone. The nightkills are going to happen whether or not we lynch someone. Voting no lynch is actually reducing the number of deaths by one, but it also eliminates our chance to get a scummy during the day. Not that I still want a no-lynch, seeing as how the game is picking up, but the reaosning I wa strying to explain earlier, is that it is better to sacrifice our chance to get a mafia member that day to save what would most likely be a townie from being lynched that day, seeing as how mathematical odds and a lack of time for discussion make a townie lynch much more likely. And the vote-hopping thing I've already explained.
camo-man said:
If the votes on two people are equal at the deadline, the one that posted the most recently will be spared. Just don't turn this into a spamfest. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Bad idea. You can't have the deciding factor of a lynch simply be who has mre time to devote to the game. A tie should be broken by lynching whomever reached the number of votes they possess at the time of the deadline first. (That's how it's usually done in games elsewhere on the net.)

Lastly, what Eorlingas has said is pretty accurate. There are no definate things that the mafia always do. To beleive such a thing would be compeletly WIFOM. The only people who know what the mafia do are the mafia themselves. And like eorlingas pointed out, peopel do in fact make mistakes. The challenge however is to figure out which mistakes a newby town mistakes or scum slip ups. Obviously as you play more games you learn which mistakes tend to be newb town and which mistakes tend to be scum slips.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Holy cow, I didn't realize this game had started. Sorry I'm so late.

Anywho, I've looked back on the whole day and I've decided that thedocsalive is doing an incredibly good job leading the town around by its nose. Seems to me that all the conflict thus far in this game has stemmed indirectly from his actions. Trust me, that kind of play SCREAMS Mafia. I would know: I used the very same tactic in Mario Mini Mafia.

Vote: thedocsalive

and I promise to be more active. You'd think a mod of FG would notice this earlier, huh?

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
ligolski said:
maybe you could quote for me the instances where he did the above mentioned to make it a little clearer for me
Sure.

Skylink said:
a-HA!! I definitly sense some mafia here.

If you look at thedoc's offence on Marshigo, he said nothing on him other than he has not contributed yet. However, I can see three people that just voted him even though I do believe I just posted a better Idea that doc was asking someone to offer. I'm not going to vote any of you guys, but keep this one im mind later in the game.
Sinz two posts later said:
whoa. mafia sense is tingling. 4 votes just on an inavtive? something is wrong there.
So far my only guess would be peza for not giving a reason for his votes.

no vote yet.
Sinz expresses suspicion relating to the four votes on an inactive player, agreeing with Skylink.

frozenflame751 said:
This really was a bad time to put a time limit on day one, seeing as how a whole bunvh of players are still gone on trips and have limited computer access, hence their lurking.

Anyway, at the moment skylink is looking the most suspicious to me. First he says that voting no lynch is NOT an option. Why not? If we have a deadlined day one and we haven't rooted out someone with strong mafia tells, then why shouldn't we voet no lynch? Voting no lynch is the best thign to do when a good choice for a lynch hasn't been found, because a random lynch definately will not help the town in any way.

Sinz said:
I think you've got it Frozen. Those are valid reasons, I support them.

vote:skylink
So he clearly agrees with Skylink's reasoning earlier, and here agrees with frozen's reasons for voting Skylink, when Sinz himself is guilty of this reasoning. Now, I know palyers are allowed to change their minds in this game, but this is a pretty quick turnaround with little in-between from Skylink that could change his mind.

I'm not sure why ixnay gathered a few votes. Nothing wrong with voting someone in order to try to prevent someone else from being lynched. He thinks Skylink is a bad lynch, and wanted to try to prevent it.

frozenflame751 said:
It doesn't matter if you have a reason for all of your votes or not, it's still vote hopping and it's still kinda scummy IMO.
What? Votehopping with reasons can certainly be a good thing, especially on day one. We don't want the focus to be on only a few players, as we don't gain as many reactions.

frozenflame751 said:
Bad idea. You can't have the deciding factor of a lynch simply be who has mre time to devote to the game. A tie should be broken by lynching whomever reached the number of votes they possess at the time of the deadline first. (That's how it's usually done in games elsewhere on the net.)
I've also seen double lynches, or a coinflip. I think I also saw no lynch once, but that was kinda stupid.

Bahamut said:
Anywho, I've looked back on the whole day and I've decided that thedocsalive is doing an incredibly good job leading the town around by its nose.
I post ideas. Whether or not people choose to follow is up to them. I tried voting a lurker early on, and some people followed. More recently I've voted Sinz, and I'm alone on that one.

Sorry this post was kinda long, a lot of it was quoting context for ligolski. Still happy with a vote on Sinz.

ixnayonthehombre

Smash Rookie
I think this is it anyway. ixnayonthehombre has NO good reason why I should be lynched
I don't really have any good reasons for voting you, but I don't really have any good reasons for voting anyone else. Anytime some suspicion is raised, it is foiled...I voted you in hopes that you'd be lynched. It will at least give us a chance to see(if only in these last 24 hours when discussion is picking up)what impact the lynched person had on the people in this game, the people who were working together with him, ect. I just want a lynch, and you're the easiest way to get it at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom