• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
falcoX said:
i forget who said it, but we need to bring the lurkers out. i say that on day two we pressure the lurkers by voting for them.

just my idea.
I said it and that was MY idea!!!!! :mad:

And I think mc-killa should have a chance to role-claim before a lynch.

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
camo-man jumps on platform #6 and.......it splits open. He falls to what must be certain death at the bottom. You are unhappy about his loss, but glad that your odds for survival have improved. Suddenly, shboke, from the other side of the room calls out,"Hey! The door wont open!" Confused, you hear camo-mans voice. "Hey guys! Im not dead! Like, Its really hot down here, and I doubt my legs will ever work again, but its more like paste than lava!" The voice you heard earlier speaks again. "Who told you this was a killing game? When you die, it wll not be YOUR fault..." As you all look at camo-man, you see that the platforms have readjusted, and you dont know where the false one is! A rock falls out of the sky, smashing a normal platform, and you realize....that this part of the game is far from over.....
Platforms remaining: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Okurama said:
, just don't quoted the PM of the GM)

Doing so will probally get you mod killed, so definetly dont quote it. You can paraphrase anything if you want, but dont directly quote it.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
thedocsalive said:
So you want to rely on night abilities?
Partially along with the events and politics of the day. And Im only suggesting a no lynch on the first day.

thedocsalive said:
The surest thing in any given night in a mafia game is the mafia nightkill. Sure, there is usually a doc and maybe even a roleblocker, but these usually aren't successful. A cop usually won't get a guilty result (again, probability).
I understand its guaranteed that the mafia will kill someone. I'm trying to argue against the town lynching another person. I understand its easy to for a role like a doc to miss the mark but I don't think killing someone on the first day would make it any easier on him. What I don't understand is how a cop can fail; if there is such a high amount of suspiscion for an individual finding out his alliance whether mafia or town would be extremely valueable.

[quote-thedocsalive]
A lot of other town roles aren't that useful until later in the game when there is more information. There's also a fair chance of there being a serial killer of some sort, which is another anti-town nightkill. In short, the town can't usually rely on nights because kills are almost certain while actual info is far from guaranteed.[/quote]

Most of our information thus far has come from events and politics between the towns people. You don't seem to understand I'm not relying on nights, Im relying on what has already happened and only the first night as I'm pretty sure we will have alot more information by tomorrow. Also actual info is guaranteed and has already come up, the only advantage at this point of killing MC-killa is finding out whether or not he is mafia which is pretty much a gamble in the mafias favor, however small or trivial.

thedocsalive said:
As for the bit about the mafia kill giving us some info: ideally, you're correct. But a smart mafia would know how to nightkill and not bring suspicion upon themselves.
The idea argueing what you said is that if the mafi kills only the stupid people against the town the town will remain smart and kill all five mafia members way before they can take out 14 of us.

thedocsalive The advantages of a day one lynch are the information gained. Even if it's a townie lynch said:
Again what extra information would we have at this point other than the alignment of mc-killa. We already know who started the bandwagon. I realize it would be justified and the benifits would be obvious. But the chances that this is true are slim (5/22). I doubt any real mafia would be so crude as to say "*Breaks off radio anteana*." We already know who joined for little reason and how.

"but is certainly better than a no-lynch."

Pleas show me how.

until then I make a movement for Vote: nolynch

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am possibly the most horrible quote tag maker in the world.

Dude.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Varuna I feel the same way you do but everyone says that no lynch is bad so I just gave up on that idea.

I understand how the other side feels though. We can learn voting patterns, etc from who was lynched during the day.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea I don't know if it will go through but thus far it looks like everyone just has to lynch someone on the first day because thats how its always been done. That and we already know the voting patterens of today all we would have to do is all vote no lynch and I think it might throw the mafia for a loop.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Look, Varuna, I also thought that No Lynch would be a good choice on Day 1 but someone explained it to me why it isn't.
1. It draws away the attention to the mafia
2. The mafia gets a free kill
2,5. There probably is a IA(independantly alligned) that can kill, so that's another townie dead.
3. On the next day the only info we've got is the results on the investigated person.
4. If we do vote for a someone, at least people need a valid reason for their vote or else they'd look suspicious.

With No Lynch we'll loose at least 2 townies for 1 investigation.
When we vote for people, we COULD have 3 townies dead for 1 investigation BUT we may get some clues on who's mafia and who's not.
This is why I believe No lynch isn't as good as it seems.

My 2 cents (always wanted to say that).

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Official Vote Count

FalcoX : 2
James Sparrow, Rumikun

Jarc: 2
Eleftorious

Mc-Killa:12
Rappyrapist, FalcoX, thedocsalive, Skylink, Chill, Jarc, Okurama, Sideefect001, Zman, Ragamuffin Raptor, Bahamut, Riciardos

Elefterios:2
Pezaddict, Duke

Skylink:1
Frozenflame751

No Lynch: 2
Varuna, Mc-killa

13 to lynch

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Ok I got my internet back. I posted that I lost it in the other mafia game, lol -_-.

Varuna, voting No lynch on Day 1 is totally useless. At least if we vote someone there is a chance that it can be a mafia member wheras No lynching on Day 1 will leave us with nothing. My vote stays with mc-killa. I think we should keep our eyes on or investigate people that bandwagoned up on him later on, such as Bahamut.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Riciardos said:
Look, Varuna, I also thought that No Lynch would be a good choice on Day 1 but someone explained it to me why it isn't.
1. It draws away the attention to the mafia
2. The mafia gets a free kill
2,5. There probably is a IA(independantly alligned) that can kill, so that's another townie dead.
3. On the next day the only info we've got is the results on the investigated person.
4. If we do vote for a someone, at least people need a valid reason for their vote or else they'd look suspicious.

With No Lynch we'll loose at least 2 townies for 1 investigation.
When we vote for people, we COULD have 3 townies dead for 1 investigation BUT we may get some clues on who's mafia and who's not.
This is why I believe No lynch isn't as good as it seems.

My 2 cents (always wanted to say that).

wow I feel like im repeating myself

1. attention should be on the mafia, we are trying to kill them.
2. false we are depriving them of a free kill.
2,5. yes so that would mean a 17/22 percent chance that would have 3 townies dead by tomorow
3. As I've said before no it isn't read my pervious post for all the information I said we would have and the small amount that we wouldn't.
4. we did vote; all except 2 maybe and there are people that voted with no valid reason and yes they are suspiscious

With no lynch we will loose at least 2 townies for the information of whether the first person we randomly hate is mafia. We don't loose an investigation or a vote record, or a record of the politics that went on to lead to that vote.

"When we vote for people, we COULD have 3 townies dead for 1 investigation BUT.;"

read this carefully...
Show me what clues we will have other than the direct knowledge of whether the first person is mafia or not and I will gladly vote to kill him.

We have the vote record, the band wagon, how it was formed, we still have an investigation; I don't even know where your getting this whole "we loose an investigation if we don't kill somone on the first day" thing.

show me your 1337 debating skills. I really do want to kill someone on the first day as I am violent natured but I need a good reason for it.

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
As long as we are voting no lynch, then the town is not going anywhere and is not learning anything and will slowly all of us die.

If we talk until we lynch somebody, we get great clues on who will be worth a lynch later on. The town will never win (or learn anything) If they ae going with no lynch, especially unanimasly.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Well it's really up to people that haven't voted for mc killa right now. If they vote no lynch then maybe more people will agree. If they vote for mc then the day is over.

Elefterios, James Sparrow, Rumikin,pezzaddict, and frozenflame. What do you guys think?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Cashed, you kindof need to sign up to be in the game. I'll put you on an alternative list incase someone drops out.

As afternoon is reaching its height, Varuna cries to himself. The day is still going, and you all wonder how it will end

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
In other news, Chill's new avatar totally messed me up. In response, he dies immediatly.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Zook said:
I'd either A) Move out of Russia or B) Not become a mathamatician.

What if, In SSB3, the only characters are Wobbuffet and Chimecho?
Then the game would simply stink.
What if ducks took over the world?

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
You would find these forum games less enjoyable

What if you flushed a toilet on the equator? (which direction would the water spin)

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Vulpine51 said:
You would find these forum games less enjoyable

What if you flushed a toilet on the equator? (which direction would the water spin)
Captain of the obvious Pwnage says : Either clockwise or counter-closkwise.
What if the world was made out of pie?

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Varuna said:
I am possibly the most horrible quote tag maker in the world.
Try previewing, it helps. That was serious, not sarcastic, btw.

Varuna said:
thedocsalive said:
So you want to rely on night abilities?
Partially along with the events and politics of the day. And Im only suggesting a no lynch on the first day.
Well, the events and politics of the day are much more clear when the day ends in a lynch. The alignment of a player is learned, and the bandwagon on said player can be taken with a whole new perspective. Sure, even without the lynching vote, you can look at who started it, who followed it, and who opposed it, but it's just not as clear as when that player's alignment is learned.

Varuna said:
What I don't understand is how a cop can fail; if there is such a high amount of suspiscion for an individual finding out his alliance whether mafia or town would be extremely valueable.
Well, a cop can fail if he is roleblocked. Not all games have roleblockers, but it's a possibility. In addition, even if the cop does successfully get a result on the most suspicious player, the cop would have to out himself to reveal it to the town. It's better for the cop to stay unknown for as long as possible. Again, this is why some night roles are more useful later in the game.

I know I didn't respond word-for-word, but I think I addressed the important points. I'd love to post more, but I'm actually going to sleep kind of early tonight because of an AP test tomorrow. I need to be thinking about calculus when I fall asleep, not mafia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom