• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If the features in this game aren't enough for you, you're a spoiled gamer

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Which brings us back to this..

Your Hero said:
but you can get your hopes up from comments and ideas made from the creator of a video game to find out it won't happen

Kittah4

Smash Ace
...But it's not the same thing as JEJ betting his job working as Darth Vader in the first place.

You completely freaking ignored that part.

Ok, but that ignores that we explained without fail that it was almost 100% true and you made up new and absurd reasons that the sources were wrong. And still today make bad analogies that ignore half the situation.

And the Dojo was necessary for an outlet of information. Otherwise people would be crying endlessly due to the lack of information.

It was you and everyone else. It was your fault, not the Dojo's.
The NeoGAFers are being paid to inhabit that forum? The forum is not their job. The analogy would work better if you claimed that JEJ bet his membership at some bigwig actors forum. Only that its more like JEJ was the leaker who told the bigwig forum member and they bet THEIR account on it. Not a lot lost. Credibiltiy on the internet, woo. What gained? Pure, unadulterated lulz from childish rage like you think I'm displaying.

The Dojo was not a neccesary outlet for inofmation. Almost everyone that visits the Dojo was sold from the day they heard the game existed. It WAS Sakurai's fault for presenting the information the way he did. He DID NOT have to. Galaxy didn't get this kind of attention, for one.

If he only revealed veterans until the release (no freakin reason for Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Ness to be secret other than to create stupid hype, Captain Falcon was even worse), every single newcomer would be a major surprise and the "loss" of "unrealistic" characters (who'se a more unrealistic character than ROB? I didn't see him on anyone's "support" sigs) would have been miniscule.

So yes, the NeoGAFers were right in their cold hard truth. But if everything was a secret, they could have revealed Sonic and Snake would be unlockables and still been right, the message would still have been disbelieved somewhat, but it would have been better recieved.

Instead, its Sakurai's fault that hype built to the point that it did, among people that were ALREADY customers, and that's why the NeoGAFers message was disbelieved more. It was true, it wasn't the best information, yes, I got that.

And yes, I am now a ROB enthusiast and want to try Wolf. It still doesn't change what happened or my feelings about the situation. There is fault with almost every step of the hype engine and the way the leaks were handled. Bearing with that, I can't criticize people who have a problem with the roster or the content of the game unless they type like four year olds.

ChicoPunk13

Smash Rookie
Fixed.

You further my point. They weren't character polls. They were the number of times he referred to them in his blog.

Just another misconception.
lol nice requote bud. i intend to get good at the game, which means using new techs and such... i guess that makes me exploitative.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
WOW...TC was so right. Alot of you guys are spoiled...sad gamers nowadays thinking they are the developers and thinking they know what the game should be....then again... these are mostly casual gamers....usually say the dumbest things about games in the first place.. *sigh*

I AGREE with TC...bai now ^_^ oh and stop whining please.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
The NeoGAFers are being paid to inhabit that forum? The forum is not their job. The analogy would work better if you claimed that JEJ bet his membership at some bigwig actors forum. Only that its more like JEJ was the leaker who told the bigwig forum member and they bet THEIR account on it. Not a lot lost. Credibiltiy on the internet, woo. What gained? Pure, unadulterated lulz from childish rage like you think I'm displaying.
You could make the argument that people didn't believe them because they knew better than to believe anything that didn't come from the official source. However, if that was true, then 'prophets' wouldn't exist at all, since then people would be smart enough to not give attention to any of them.

People didn't believe because it was the logical thing to do. They didn't believe them because they simply didn't want to believe a roster without their favorite character on it, or a roster that "small" (small, of course, is a total BS term to describe this roster without any legitimate backing). That is completely irrespective of whatever terrible analogy you made.

By the way, if you want to make a point, it's best to not draw up a hypothetical comparison that is not remotely related to the topic. If your point is strong, then there is a way to express it in simpler terms.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
The analogy's fine. On the Internet, you're not typically paid to do anything. That said, JEJ wouldn't actually leak anything anyway. So your analogy's pretty awful either way.

They wouldn't actually bet on it. Period. There's a lot of respect there they would not endanger. You even went so far as to say the mods were in on it in the most embarrassing display I have ever seen. They didn't get lulz out of it. They told the truth.

Face it, you're trying to look good here but you're digging yourself deeper. You were told the truth, and you ignored it.

The Dojo was not a neccesary outlet for inofmation. Almost everyone that visits the Dojo was sold from the day they heard the game existed.
Correction, the hardcore forum-going crowd was.

It WAS Sakurai's fault for presenting the information the way he did. He DID NOT have to. Galaxy didn't get this kind of attention, for one.
Galaxy is a totally different kind of game. Would Miyamoto go through 5 days a week and reveal each individual stage? NO. It would barely last any time and would spoil the whole game if he did that. Whereas with the Dojo it spoiled nothing and there were multiple characters to play as, stages to play on, modes, etc.

You're comparing a massive party game fighter to a one-player platformer with crappy two-player component. You fail again.

If he only revealed veterans until the release (no freakin reason for Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Ness to be secret other than to create stupid hype, Captain Falcon was even worse),
Or they were secret because he felt like it and wanted to put more new characters in a starting role.

every single newcomer would be a major surprise and the "loss" of "unrealistic" characters (who'se a more unrealistic character than ROB? I didn't see him on anyone's "support" sigs) would have been miniscule.
Yes, that's right. The support signatures of some random people ON THE INTERNET holds up less than something responsible for Nintendo getting its foot in the door in the American market. Good lord, did you even know who R.O.B. was before Brawl?

So yes, the NeoGAFers were right in their cold hard truth. But if everything was a secret, they could have revealed Sonic and Snake would be unlockables and still been right, the message would still have been disbelieved somewhat, but it would have been better recieved.
I already said that I think Snake and Sonic should've been secret, too. That doesn't mean the other 21 characters on the Dojo shouldn't have been revealed to us. Sonic and Snake were mistakes, the Dojo was fine. Shut up.

Instead, its Sakurai's fault that hype built to the point that it did, among people that were ALREADY customers, and that's why the NeoGAFers message was disbelieved more. It was true, it wasn't the best information, yes, I got that.
Yes, that's right. It's Sakurai's fault he told you the starting roster one character at a time instead of having it dumped on you all at once in Famitsu or wherever else all the individual character informations were published.

You absolute twit. -_- Snake and Sonic are the only things I can let you realistically ***** about.

And yes, I am now a ROB enthusiast and want to try Wolf. It still doesn't change what happened or my feelings about the situation. There is fault with almost every step of the hype engine and the way the leaks were handled. Bearing with that, I can't criticize people who have a problem with the roster or the content of the game unless they type like four year olds.
Yeah. **** Sakurai for telling us what was in the game the moment we boot it up!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
They wouldn't actually bet on it. Period. There's a lot of respect there they would not endanger. You even went so far as to say the mods were in on it in the most embarrassing display I have ever seen. They didn't get lulz out of it. They told the truth.

Face it, you're trying to look good here but you're digging yourself deeper. You were told the truth, and you ignored it.
I doubted it and agonized over it. Not ignored it. Also its amusing that you keep holding the NeoGAFers as if they were the pinnacle of human society and they wouldn't lie to achieve some twisted goal. YOU'RE trying to make people look bad because they didn't believe NeoGAF more than they would the word of a government official or something (who, incidentally, like to lie too).

Also me trying to say that mods might be corrupted was the most embarassing display you've ever seen? You either should tone down on hyperbole or get out more.

Galaxy is a totally different kind of game. Would Miyamoto go through 5 days a week and reveal each individual stage? NO. It would barely last any time and would spoil the whole game if he did that. Whereas with the Dojo it spoiled nothing and there were multiple characters to play as, stages to play on, modes, etc.

You're comparing a massive party game fighter to a one-player platformer with crappy two-player component. You fail again.
The Dojo spoiled nothing? Thats a lie. It spoiled Diddy, Lucas, Dedede, Ike, and etc.

Or they were secret because he felt like it and wanted to put more new characters in a starting role.
I'm sure Street Fighter fans would find it weird to have to keep unlocking Ken, as if he was some big secret. Or Ky from GGX.

Yes, that's right. The support signatures of some random people ON THE INTERNET holds up less than something responsible for Nintendo getting its foot in the door in the American market. Good lord, did you even know who R.O.B. was before Brawl?
Yes. I knew ROB was Nintendo's trojan horse of the video game industry. However, that's all he was. A doorstop. His games are barely known today, I myself only knew of Gyromite because I had it as a kid and wondered why the heck I couldn't play it. Nintendo keeps popping him back up as if they think he's cool. When in reality, he would be better ditched and remembered favorably, because really he's about as useless as the Virtual Boy when it comes to gameplay.

I already said that I think Snake and Sonic should've been secret, too. That doesn't mean the other 21 characters on the Dojo shouldn't have been revealed to us. Sonic and Snake were mistakes, the Dojo was fine. Shut up.
So how are the other spilled newcomers any less of a mistake? Yeah, popularity.

Yes, that's right. It's Sakurai's fault he told you the starting roster one character at a time instead of having it dumped on you all at once in Famitsu or wherever else all the individual character informations were published.

You absolute twit. -_- Snake and Sonic are the only things I can let you realistically ***** about.

Yeah. **** Sakurai for telling us what was in the game the moment we boot it up!

Just about. If you didn't want to be spoiled on anything, the Dojo was a terrible place. Now I really don't mind, but it was terrible for the hype engine because it CAUSED these unrealistic expectations. Just because you feel you're above that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

And before you insult the supposed non-power of the Internet again, you should take a look at Nintendo and how they let all sorts of terrible Internet memes and injokes into their translations, especially on the Paper Mario series.

Some fan characters made it in, some didn't.

S2

Smash Lord
Agreed.

People who are unhappy with the roster are greedy and don't understand game development.

Sakurai can't magically make content appear. You complain about things like all 3 SF characters having the same final smash.

What would the alternative be? Simply not put Wolf or Falco in and add another character?

Clones and variations are a good way of telling that they didn't have enough time to put in a fully unique and crazy character (like say PT or Olimar).

Sakurai only had so much time. YOu kids don't seem to understand just what goes into making a videogame. When you see the business side of it, you'll realize that developers can't just magically put everything they want to in the game.

There are obstacles like time, money, and things simply not working out as you thought they would. Sakurai probably worked ridiculously hard to bring us the amount of content the game has. What do the loyal fans do? Spit on it because it isn't enough.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
...How are people spoiled if they don't like a feature or characters of a game? That's not spoiled at all, were paying for it.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Sakurai can't magically make content appear. You complain about things like all 3 SF characters having the same final smash.

What would the alternative be? Simply not put Wolf or Falco in and add another character?

Clones and variations are a good way of telling that they didn't have enough time to put in a fully unique and crazy character (like say PT or Olimar).

There are obstacles like time, money, and things simply not working out as you thought they would. Sakurai probably worked ridiculously hard to bring us the amount of content the game has. What do the loyal fans do? Spit on it because it isn't enough.
Ok, tell me whats not right here. Mario and Luigi got two completely seperate, completely different, and completely original final smashes. Fox, Wolf, and Falco got the exact same final smash, practically.

We're supposed to feel grateful for things like stickers and ATs when their genius creative team couldn't come up with other original final smashes for the SF team or Toon Link or Ness? I mean, come on. Wolfen, Arwing, some sort of contrived but still cool future bazooka or laser or missle launcher? No, three big tanks. The end.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I doubted it and agonized over it. Not ignored it. Also its amusing that you keep holding the NeoGAFers as if they were the pinnacle of human society and they wouldn't lie to achieve some twisted goal. YOU'RE trying to make people look bad because they didn't believe NeoGAF more than they would the word of a government official or something (who, incidentally, like to lie too).
I think you're just paranoid as hell. : | Honestly. Mods would lie and jeopardize their own credibility and alienate their community so they and two people can get lulz? Have you ever been a mod anywhere? Ever?

Also me trying to say that mods might be corrupted was the most embarassing display you've ever seen? You either should tone down on hyperbole or get out more.
"Gasp, you have insulted me! I must now either complain about your rhetorical devices usage or question the frequency of when you interact socially! THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO EXAGGERATE ON THE INTERNET."

The Dojo spoiled nothing? Thats a lie. It spoiled Diddy, Lucas, Dedede, Ike, and etc.
Are you flipping serious? This is a fighting game. In any fighting game, the full roster is typically shown before release. It's like you've never played any other multi-character game before if you think this is SPOILING. The only spoilers, period, are secret characters. Sonic and Snake should remain secret. Everyone else is fine.

I'm sure Street Fighter fans would find it weird to have to keep unlocking Ken, as if he was some big secret. Or Ky from GGX.
I don't think those characters are quite as big as freaking Jigglypuff. That said, we always need to unlock her and Luigi.

ZOMG WHAT GIVES? I MEAN, THEY AREN'T SECRET!!111!

That's not why they're unlockable. They're unlockable so that the new characters are on the starting roster so the game can look comparatively better. It's a marketing strategy and a way to add variety.

Yes. I knew ROB was Nintendo's trojan horse of the video game industry. However, that's all he was. A doorstop. His games are barely known today, I myself only knew of Gyromite because I had it as a kid and wondered why the heck I couldn't play it. Nintendo keeps popping him back up as if they think he's cool. When in reality, he would be better ditched and remembered favorably, because really he's about as useless as the Virtual Boy when it comes to gameplay.
But he's still a part of their history. The Virtual Boy is still there on the Japanese trophy room in Melee. It's not like they literally wiped him from existence like Chris Benoit or something. *cough* Anyways, the R.O.B.s in general fit well with the SSE's design style of being somewhat robotic and such. R.O.B. himself is playable because of the Ancient Minister twist. That's the only real reason why. If not we'd probably get a 34 character roster instead of just having another character take R.O.B.'s spot.

So how are the other spilled newcomers any less of a mistake? Yeah, popularity.
Because you start with them from the beginning, so it fails to matter.

Just about. If you didn't want to be spoiled on anything, the Dojo was a terrible place.
When characters were announced, I don't think anyone of sound mind or reason would go "OMG DON'T SPOOOOIL IT FOR ME" if they went to a freaking thread on Brawl.

And the problem here is, if you were so concerned about being spoiled, you shouldn't freaking go to the Dojo in the first place. That isn't Masahiro Sakurai's fault, that's your fault for selectively heading to the Dojo at all. -_- It's like being angry at movie trailers for spoiling the movie for you.

Now I really don't mind, but it was terrible for the hype engine because it CAUSED these unrealistic expectations. Just because you feel you're above that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.
No it didn't, ffs. It told you what was in the game from the moment you started it up. The only exception to this rule at all was Snake and Sonic. No one else. Period. None. You didn't need to go there if you didn't want to know, and it's the fanboys' fault for making this what it was. Sakurai never said anything that could be immediately interpreted to please your wildest fantasies because his ideas in mind isn't the same as every individual person who wants to play his game.

And before you insult the supposed non-power of the Internet again, you should take a look at Nintendo and how they let all sorts of terrible Internet memes and injokes into their translations, especially on the Paper Mario series.
Who gives a ****? Nintendo isn't a bloody hive-mind. The people on the writing staff for Paper Mario aren't the exact same that worked on Brawl. What kind of dumb information is this to give me? Does that mean that every Capcom game will have someone speaking in 1337/dude-speak because a charatcer in the first Phoenix Wright did it?

Some fan characters made it in, some didn't.
The fan characters that made it in were shoe-ins or were announced ahead of time and shouldn't have been. Sonic was the only major DEMANDED character that was making the cut here, guys. Period. And that's because the majority wanted him.

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
Spoiled because we don't like how it's turning out? What are you talking about? We are the consumer; the creators should have actually listened to our sentiments when making the game. Instead, they made it for themselves. The consumer isn't spoiled. Stop being such a Nintendo fanboy.
Did you actually say they didnt LISTEN to consumers..... wow, IGNORANCE.

Anyway, Sakurai listened, to a point. He put Wolf in didnt he? Many of you expected so much because Melee was a huge improvement from the original. It's not possible to compare it with Brawl. And let me say, Brawl has most in-depth gameplay out of all the Smash Bros. Maybe even fighting games like Soul Caliber. I BET IT EXCEEDS games like Soul Caliber and beyond.

So stop complaining and stop hating on Sakurai. Get it straight, we're lucky they even made a Smash sequel.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
You don't like people complaining? Guess what NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ THIS THREADS. I see more "Hey shut up and be please" then "Oh you shouldn't be please and nerd rage with me" People are expressing their opinion. Don't like it? get out. No one is forcing you to read this threads about how we are disappointed. You people are the ones blowing things out of proportion. We have all right to be disappointed its not like we are getting brawl for free.

tl;dr. Don't like a thread DONT READ IT AND MOVE ON

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Ok, tell me whats not right here. Mario and Luigi got two completely seperate, completely different, and completely original final smashes. Fox, Wolf, and Falco got the exact same final smash, practically.

We're supposed to feel grateful for things like stickers and ATs when their genius creative team couldn't come up with other original final smashes for the SF team or Toon Link or Ness? I mean, come on. Wolfen, Arwing, some sort of contrived but still cool future bazooka or laser or missle launcher? No, three big tanks. The end.
No, you're supposed to feel grateful for the fact that we're getting a multitude of requested Nintendo characters (King Dedede, Meta Knight, Star Wolf, Olimar and Pikmin, etc), 2 suprising and even controversal 3rd party characters (Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid ****ing Snake), 41 stages, a stage CREATOR if Sakurai's stages aren't good enough for you, and a vastly improved one player mode, that even includes a co-op feature. That doesn't sound like anything I wouldn't feel grateful for at the expense of 3 characters sharing one attack that I probably won't even use.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xDJgvmPdeDQ

Looked nothing like Fox bar his design and maybe one or two B moves. Even those moves were vastly changed. You guys are complaining as if EVERY character was a clone. Hell, I don't even consider Wolf a clone. Similarities =/= an exact copy. So out of 39 total characters, 4 are clones (Lucas, Falco, Toon Link, and Luigi). Luigi and maybe Falco can be debatable too.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I think you're just paranoid as hell. : | Honestly. Mods would lie and jeopardize their own credibility and alienate their community so they and two people can get lulz? Have you ever been a mod anywhere? Ever?
Because the Internet is serious business. But no, I haven't been a mod nor have I a desire to rule over forumgoers. However I have visted places where mods tend to be corrupt or behave indecently compared to other, more common posters. As far as alienation, bother Reggie and Sakurai techincally lied about the release date on Brawl. how many people have THEY alienated?

"Gasp, you have insulted me! I must now either complain about your rhetorical devices usage or question the frequency of when you interact socially! THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO EXAGGERATE ON THE INTERNET."
"You're so stupid because you have the audacity to question the morals of people on an internet forum!" Not much better. Anyone can lie, about anything. It's human tradition. I shouldn't need a touchstone to suddenly accuse someone of lying, because it can happen at anytime for any reason.

Are you flipping serious? This is a fighting game. In any fighting game, the full roster is typically shown before release. It's like you've never played any other multi-character game before if you think this is SPOILING. The only spoilers, period, are secret characters. Sonic and Snake should remain secret. Everyone else is fine.

I don't think those characters are quite as big as freaking Jigglypuff. That said, we always need to unlock her and Luigi.

ZOMG WHAT GIVES? I MEAN, THEY AREN'T SECRET!!111!

That's not why they're unlockable. They're unlockable so that the new characters are on the starting roster so the game can look comparatively better. It's a marketing strategy and a way to add variety.
You rag me for complaining that Brawl revealed its newcomers because thats what happens in a fighter, then you immediately show me how Smash is different. Smash ISNT a typical fighter. If more games were like Brawl, we'd have to keep unlocking Ken and Chun Li in every game for some inexplicable reason. But I do agree that having the newcomers in is a marketing strategy, and makes the roster look comparitively worse once the secret characters are unvieled because they are chock full of less original fighters.

But he's still a part of their history. The Virtual Boy is still there on the Japanese trophy room in Melee. It's not like they literally wiped him from existence like Chris Benoit or something. *cough* Anyways, the R.O.B.s in general fit well with the SSE's design style of being somewhat robotic and such. R.O.B. himself is playable because of the Ancient Minister twist. That's the only real reason why. If not we'd probably get a 34 character roster instead of just having another character take R.O.B.'s spot.
Perhaps you're right on this point and theres no real reason to labor it.

Because you start with them from the beginning, so it fails to matter.

When characters were announced, I don't think anyone of sound mind or reason would go "OMG DON'T SPOOOOIL IT FOR ME" if they went to a freaking thread on Brawl.

And the problem here is, if you were so concerned about being spoiled, you shouldn't freaking go to the Dojo in the first place. That isn't Masahiro Sakurai's fault, that's your fault for selectively heading to the Dojo at all. -_- It's like being angry at movie trailers for spoiling the movie for you.

No it didn't, ffs. It told you what was in the game from the moment you started it up. The only exception to this rule at all was Snake and Sonic. No one else. Period. None. You didn't need to go there if you didn't want to know, and it's the fanboys' fault for making this what it was. Sakurai never said anything that could be immediately interpreted to please your wildest fantasies because his ideas in mind isn't the same as every individual person who wants to play his game.
The only problem with this is that the Dojo riled up everyones expectations. People saw the "poll", people looked at the Dojo, people saw all the high ranked characters were getting in. Yet many failed to. Oops! Had they not even had a poll or kept more characters secret there wouldn't have been as much whining. Which I'm guessing is what people all keep complaining about.

Who gives a ****? Nintendo isn't a bloody hive-mind. The people on the writing staff for Paper Mario aren't the exact same that worked on Brawl. What kind of dumb information is this to give me? Does that mean that every Capcom game will have someone speaking in 1337/dude-speak because a charatcer in the first Phoenix Wright did it?

The fan characters that made it in were shoe-ins or were announced ahead of time and shouldn't have been. Sonic was the only major DEMANDED character that was making the cut here, guys. Period. And that's because the majority wanted him.
I disagree on the last point because someone being a "shoe-in" is pretty relative and subject to fan opinion. Olimar had fans and was a good addition, but I'd hardly call him a shoe in. There seemed to be more doubt surrounding his inclusion than a lot of other chracters that didn't make it in. Thus, the fans we're wrong in that aspect.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Because the Internet is serious business. But no, I haven't been a mod nor have I a desire to rule over forumgoers. However I have visted places where mods tend to be corrupt or behave indecently compared to other, more common posters. As far as alienation, bother Reggie and Sakurai techincally lied about the release date on Brawl. how many people have THEY alienated?
They didn't lie, they hit a delay. This is...well...Nintendo. You can't spell NINTENDO without DELAY. You can, but that's not the point!

"You're so stupid because you have the audacity to question the morals of people on an internet forum!" Not much better. Anyone can lie, about anything. It's human tradition. I shouldn't need a touchstone to suddenly accuse someone of lying, because it can happen at anytime for any reason.
Well sure. But they still ended up right, didn't they? And they've still been right. All. The. Time. And this is just another notch in their belt. Ok, so SSB4 comes out. Like, 8 years from now. And it's leaked again. From MarkMan and Reno. Trust it?

You rag me for complaining that Brawl revealed its newcomers because thats what happens in a fighter, then you immediately show me how Smash is different. Smash ISNT a typical fighter. If more games were like Brawl, we'd have to keep unlocking Ken and Chun Li in every game for some inexplicable reason. But I do agree that having the newcomers in is a marketing strategy, and makes the roster look comparitively worse once the secret characters are unvieled because they are chock full of less original fighters.
...But the unlocked veterans are way more obscure than the old veterans they've given us. Isn't that enough for you? We've always had to unlock Jigglypuff and Luigi. Any clones are immediately unlockables for diversity. That just leaves Falcon, really. : / You're complaining about one character.

The only problem with this is that the Dojo riled up everyones expectations. People saw the "poll", people looked at the Dojo, people saw all the high ranked characters were getting in. Yet many failed to. Oops! Had they not even had a poll or kept more characters secret there wouldn't have been as much whining. Which I'm guessing is what people all keep complaining about.
They'd complain about that anyway. The Dojo is a great source to understand what's in the game and is a good non-wiki source for all the information. It's a great site. Stop knocking it because it had some dull updates at one point and because people's expectations weren't realistic. The only thing it revealed, period, was what you'd get right out of the box and the two third party characters, the latter of which I think was a major mistake.

I disagree on the last point because someone being a "shoe-in" is pretty relative and subject to fan opinion. Olimar had fans and was a good addition, but I'd hardly call him a shoe in.
He became a continuing franchise and was just quirky enough to warrant playability.

There seemed to be more doubt surrounding his inclusion than a lot of other chracters that didn't make it in. Thus, the fans we're wrong in that aspect.
Sure they were, but they were wrong about a lot of stuff. I mean, who else was a shoe-in?
"Krystal, because she's a girl, lol!" "RIDLEY, HE WASN'T IN MELEE. :( "

The cast is fine. Olimar had the best chance since it would represent a new franchise.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm a spoiled gamer because I won't shell out $300+ so I can play a game that's inferior to its predecessor in every conceivable way.

**** Brawl and **** you.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm a spoiled gamer because I won't shell out $300+ so I can play a game that's inferior to its predecessor in every conceivable way.

**** Brawl and **** you.
3 unique moveset new characters vs. 11/12 (Ike?).

41 stages.

/boggle?

How is it inferior?

And is it literally the only game you're buying on Wii? You have pretty awful taste.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you have that "Play To Win!" article in your sig.

That would explain a lot.

BOO HOO L-CANCELING

Kittah4

Smash Ace
They didn't lie, they hit a delay. This is...well...Nintendo. You can't spell NINTENDO without DELAY. You can, but that's not the point!
After the second delay I was a bit worried the game would become like Twilight Princess. Trying to have the Melee lightning strike twice, in other words. Ah well.

Well sure. But they still ended up right, didn't they? And they've still been right. All. The. Time. And this is just another notch in their belt. Ok, so SSB4 comes out. Like, 8 years from now. And it's leaked again. From MarkMan and Reno. Trust it?
MarkMan and Reno had what, 10 years of credibility, right? So where were they for the big Melee leak, which I believe happened at the IGN forum of all places? Sure I'd be probably more likely to believe some credible NeoGAFers, NOW. The ignorance about NeoGAF was incredible. A huge number of people had never heard about it. People are lazy and don't want to do research about some supposedly important, exclusive forum. Yes its our fault, but whatever. I'd not heard a peep about NeoGAF in all my lurking and reading of gaming forums everywhere. And I've lurked in a lot. Apparently not the right ones.

...But the unlocked veterans are way more obscure than the old veterans they've given us. Isn't that enough for you? We've always had to unlock Jigglypuff and Luigi. Any clones are immediately unlockables for diversity. That just leaves Falcon, really. : / You're complaining about one character.
Unlocking Jigglypuff and Luigi is tradition, yes. Stuffing Falcon and Ness back into the secret department makes little sense. Worse, the unlocking tradition makes no sense either. But whatever, whats done is done. They hid their clones and their veterans. Whats done is done.

They'd complain about that anyway. The Dojo is a great source to understand what's in the game and is a good non-wiki source for all the information. It's a great site. Stop knocking it because it had some dull updates at one point and because people's expectations weren't realistic. The only thing it revealed, period, was what you'd get right out of the box and the two third party characters, the latter of which I think was a major mistake.
I still don't blame people for getting unreasonably hyped. I can't. In my honest opinion I believe Sakurai hyped the game way more than he should have, especially with that infamous "poll". He ignored Takamaru twice? Its funny, theres at least four ATs with Japanese blades, (Kat + Ana, Lyn, Goroh, Gray Fox) and none of them are playable.

He became a continuing franchise and was just quirky enough to warrant playability.

Sure they were, but they were wrong about a lot of stuff. I mean, who else was a shoe-in?
"Krystal, because she's a girl, lol!" "RIDLEY, HE WASN'T IN MELEE. :( "

The cast is fine. Olimar had the best chance since it would represent a new franchise.
So would Ray. He would have been a good replacement for Megaman because it seems like they never planned to have him in. He represents a coninuing franchise that finally made it to other shores. He represents a series about fighting, like robot pokemon sort of. He had a trophy in Melee. I honestly thought he might be a shoe in, but he wasn't. Isaac, though being generic anime sword guy number 349, has earth magic, which is pretty unusual among sword guys. A lot of "shoe in" seeming character representation is absent, not just Ridley and Krystal, which had a lot of support despite the tired furry-lovers and size arguements.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman

**** Brawl and **** you.
Okay now lets see here!

39 characters (Including PKMN Trainer's PKMN, ZSS, etc).

Less clones (There's 3 or 4).

41 stages.

A stage builder.

A large selection of music for each arena.

An epic single player mode.

Improved graphics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is that inferior to Melee? At all?

Also, you need to get more Wii games. Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Zelda, etc are all good games. Smash isn't the only game you know.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
MarkMan and Reno had what, 10 years of credibility, right?
Where'd I say that?

So where were they for the big Melee leak, which I believe happened at the IGN forum of all places?
They weren't.

Sure I'd be probably more likely to believe some credible NeoGAFers, NOW. The ignorance about NeoGAF was incredible. A huge number of people had never heard about it. People are lazy and don't want to do research about some supposedly important, exclusive forum. Yes its our fault, but whatever. I'd not heard a peep about NeoGAF in all my lurking and reading of gaming forums everywhere. And I've lurked in a lot. Apparently not the right ones.
But we did the research for you, and informed you, and you still didn't listen. :/ So it's not about you being lazy, and it's not just natural denial. It's forced denial. So complaining after forced denial is just...not acceptable. It's really sad.

Unlocking Jigglypuff and Luigi is tradition, yes. Stuffing Falcon and Ness back into the secret department makes little sense.
Nope. Lucas is in the starting roster, for the sake of being more recent and therefore trying to market. Now, considering that, we can't have clones/semi-clones in the starting roster, right? Too much repetition. So we make him unlockable. See? That leaves just Falcon. Not so bad. I'd rather put Falcon as an unlockable than not have, say, Wario as a newcomer. Maybe I'd switch him and Olimar, granted, since Sakurai intended for Olimar to be for "advanced" players. But that's still not much of a reason to complain about the entirety of the game.

Worse, the unlocking tradition makes no sense either. But whatever, whats done is done. They hid their clones and their veterans. Whats done is done.
Who said there needed to be tradition?

I still don't blame people for getting unreasonably hyped. I can't. In my honest opinion I believe Sakurai hyped the game way more than he should have, especially with that infamous "poll". He ignored Takamaru twice? Its funny, theres at least four ATs with Japanese blades, (Kat + Ana, Lyn, Goroh, Gray Fox) and none of them are playable.
That's because a billion playables with swords gets a little redundant. Hence we have Ganon slightly decloned with a Falcon moveset. See?

So would Ray. He would have been a good replacement for Megaman because it seems like they never planned to have him in. He represents a coninuing franchise that finally made it to other shores. He represents a series about fighting, like robot pokemon sort of. He had a trophy in Melee.
Pikmin's just a weeeeeeeeeee bit more well known. That and Olimar, as I said, has the quirk factor. Sakurai loves making quirky as **** movesets.

Isaac, though being generic anime sword guy number 349, has earth magic, which is pretty unusual among sword guys. A lot of "shoe in" seeming character representation is absent, not just Ridley and Krystal, which had a lot of support despite the tired furry-lovers and size arguements.
Generic anime sword guy is the primary reason he wouldn't be playable, even if all of his B moves were spells. We already had a lot of representation of that kind.

Krystal isn't about the furries, even if SOME (not all, do not send me angry PMs or replies) of her fanbase is quite creepy. It's about antagonists. Falco deserves a spot over Krystal. Period. He's almost as much the main protagonist of the games as Fox is. He's got a huge fan following. He already was in a previous game. So with a sidekick, we have an antagonist needed, and that takes the form of Wolf, the only really "playable" villain of Star Fox. Yes, I know that's still 2 semi-clones, and I know people are sour about LANDMASSTAAAAA, but I can see why he made that decision. Krystal in theory for the reasons of moveset variety could replace Falco, but I think people preferred him so highly from Melee that he overshadowed her.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
But we did the research for you, and informed you, and you still didn't listen. :/ So it's not about you being lazy, and it's not just natural denial. It's forced denial. So complaining after forced denial is just...not acceptable. It's really sad.
Ok, you think that. The leak info was passed through at least two hands, the leakers, the NeoGAFers. Perhaps more. The ignorance about NeoGAF is in place. Then we have arrogant users like FireStorm88 singing its praises and chastising us and going back to that sacred haven and laughing at us about being such in-denial fools. So yeah, we don't believe their reports on how unblemished and awesome NeoGAF is and we're fools for doing so perhaps, but the way the leak was handled was all wrong. Smashboards and a lot of everyone else was in the dark about it, people playing Tetris with random GameFAQs leaks and their's, and Sakurai's own choices about the game collaborated to make a mess when it came to believability.

Nope. Lucas is in the starting roster, for the sake of being more recent and therefore trying to market. Now, considering that, we can't have clones/semi-clones in the starting roster, right? Too much repetition. So we make him unlockable. See? That leaves just Falcon. Not so bad. I'd rather put Falcon as an unlockable than not have, say, Wario as a newcomer. Maybe I'd switch him and Olimar, granted, since Sakurai intended for Olimar to be for "advanced" players. But that's still not much of a reason to complain about the entirety of the game.
Okay, granted.

That's because a billion playables with swords gets a little redundant. Hence we have Ganon slightly decloned with a Falcon moveset. See?
Ganon doesn't have a japanese sword, he has a european sword, just like every other Smash Bros sword user. He's still a sticking point for many. GANONDORF KICK. GANONDORF DIVE. Whoo. At least one iai-styled katana user would have been nice. Or an axe user. Or a spear user. Or a staff user. Etc.

Pikmin's just a weeeeeeeeeee bit more well known. That and Olimar, as I said, has the quirk factor. Sakurai loves making quirky as **** movesets.
Then you'd think Sukapon would have had a better chance. Pikmin still isn't super popular, though, and where is it now? Stalled, while Custom Robo had a recent game. Oh well, at least Sakurai didn't stoop to advertising again, isn't that right, Roy and Dr. Mario?

Generic anime sword guy is the primary reason he wouldn't be playable, even if all of his B moves were spells. We already had a lot of representation of that kind.
No sword/magic hybrid users though. Unless you want to count Pit, I guess.

Krystal isn't about the furries, even if SOME (not all, do not send me angry PMs or replies) of her fanbase is quite creepy. It's about antagonists. Falco deserves a spot over Krystal. Period. He's almost as much the main protagonist of the games as Fox is. He's got a huge fan following. He already was in a previous game. So with a sidekick, we have an antagonist needed, and that takes the form of Wolf, the only really "playable" villain of Star Fox. Yes, I know that's still 2 semi-clones, and I know people are sour about LANDMASSTAAAAA, but I can see why he made that decision. Krystal in theory for the reasons of moveset variety could replace Falco, but I think people preferred him so highly from Melee that he overshadowed her.
Falco is just the "cool sidekick", he's the Knuckles to Fox's Sonic. And I don't agree that we needed an antagonist, especially one so much like Fox. After all, Pokemon lost its antagonist, Mewtwo. Fire Emblem has no antagonists. Mother has no antagonists. Nor does Metroid (playable anyway). Wolfs inclusion is just a mistery to me. I'd also like to know your reason for why you think Falco (who reportedly hates the landmaster) and Wolf (who doesn't even have one, no, nor has ever even been seen in a tank EVER) was made. Krystal would have been startlingly unique and it's a shame she's not in. Either Falco or Wolf should have gone. Not both, just one. It doesn't matter which one, but if Falco really is so popular, then Wolf should have been ditched and his more unique special moves given to Falco.

S2

Smash Lord

I'll be the first to admit that I think the shared FS's are lame. Very lame.

But I'm also going to throw out there that Brawl, like Melee, probably had a cutoff before it was everything Sakurai wanted it to be.

The fact it was delayed should be a tip-off that the game had been running behind schedule.

Repeat FS are probably due to time constraints. The same reason we had clones in Melee. Given the amount of content in the game, I doubt that Sakurai was simply being lazy.

I'd rather have characters like Toon Link that are mostly cloned, then not have them at all. All 3 SF characters using the landmaster is uber lame, but if that's what it takes to keep Falco and Wolf in when its crunch time, then I'd rather have those characters then nothing at all.

It's not just Sakurai making the game. Its Nintendo, which has to play developer and publisher. Developers always want to make games bigger than life. But at some point a publisher has to step in and give a hard deadline even if all the wanted features aren't implimented yet.

If you've played God of War there is some interesting bonus material where the director talks about things he wanted to do that just didn't work out. When you look at a game as a product, it changes things.

Also, keep in mind that Brawl was made for all users. Stuff like stickers and trophies are what bring new players in. Programming and gathering the stickers are a lot less time intensive than say, programming in an extra character. After that you have to playtest and balance them, so your game isn't completely broken. Once you have the basic sticker programming, you can just load them in. With characters you have to model them (or in thsi case since they used outsourced models, rework them) and program them. That's a lot more work.

The vast trophies, stickeres, modes are what keep Brawl interesting to casuals and bring in new players. The level of presentation Smash brings is probably why Smash is vastly more popular than most fighting games. Melee turned Smash into a full out reference to varies parts of Nintendo history, Brawl carries on this tradition.

Bottom line, I don't like the clones or repeat FS - but man, its much more complicated than simply what Sakurai wanted to put in. He probably wanted Wolf to have his own FS just as much as any fan did.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
*Facepalm*

How many times must I post this?

PEOPLE THINKING ROSTER IS BAD =/= PEOPLE THINKING THE GAME ITSELF IS BAD

If this continues I'm going to have to post this in my sig. Seriously I'm disappointed with the roster, but I think the game itself will be grand. I personally cannot wait to get my hands on the Stage Builder.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Okay now lets see here!

39 characters (Including PKMN Trainer's PKMN, ZSS, etc).

Less clones (There's 3 or 4).

41 stages.

A stage builder.

A large selection of music for each arena.

An epic single player mode.

Improved graphics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is that inferior to Melee? At all?

Also, you need to get more Wii games. Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Zelda, etc are all good games. Smash isn't the only game you know.
Yeah the graphics are almost as good as an XBOX!

Here are a few reasons why Brawl sucks:

-no edgeguarding (teleport to edge, floaty characters)
-no combos (no l-cancels, low hit stun)
-decreased shield stun = more shield camping
-you can do all smashes from shield = even more shield camping
-no wavedashing, dash dancing, or pivoting. Instead, you can trip and fall! Cool!
-characters live to 200%
-Peach will completely **** the **** out of every other character
-most of the new stages are gimmicky and unplayable in tournaments
-I have to buy a $250 console to play what is essentially a last-gen game

Nintendo sold out to make what was a deep game a "party" game. Or more likely, they intended to make Melee a party game and didn't realize the depth contained in the physics engine. Seeing how deep it was, they corrected their "mistake."

I realize a lot of the people here don't care about competitive depth because they just want to have fun with their friends. But I'm too old for that crap. "Party" style Smash ceased to be fun about six years ago.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Ok, you think that. The leak info was passed through at least two hands, the leakers, the NeoGAFers. Perhaps more. The ignorance about NeoGAF is in place.
But it isn't in place We explained it. : | You didn't listen.

Ganon doesn't have a japanese sword, he has a european sword, just like every other Smash Bros sword user. He's still a sticking point for many. GANONDORF KICK. GANONDORF DIVE. Whoo. At least one iai-styled katana user would have been nice. Or an axe user. Or a spear user. Or a staff user. Etc.
...Who cares WHAT THE NATIONALITY OF THE SWORD IS? The mechanics are going to be the effing same.

Then you'd think Sukapon would have had a better chance.
No. Olimar had a lack of obscurity AND a quirky moveset on him. Sukapon would have...a quirky moveset and that's it.

Pikmin still isn't super popular, though, and where is it now? Stalled, while Custom Robo had a recent game. Oh well, at least Sakurai didn't stoop to advertising again, isn't that right, Roy and Dr. Mario?
I don't see what you're getting at. That Sakurai should've advertised?

No sword/magic hybrid users though. Unless you want to count Pit, I guess.
Still a sword. Do we really want this to suffer from Fighter Syndrome? He's in as an AT. I guess Sakurai didn't think Golden Sun was above Pikmin. Oh well!

Falco is just the "cool sidekick", he's the Knuckles to Fox's Sonic. And I don't agree that we needed an antagonist, especially one so much like Fox.
Sakurai wanted heroes and villains to accompany initial characters. He did that.

After all, Pokemon lost its antagonist, Mewtwo.
He was an antagonist for like 45 minutes. He was a hero all the time after that. His time is up. Unless you put in, like, Gio-freakin-vani as a playable, Pokemon can't have a villain. Lucario's a good solo hero alongside Pikachu.

Fire Emblem has no antagonists. Mother has no antagonists.
Claus sans mask is an alt costume of Lucas. That's something, I guess.

Nor does Metroid (playable anyway). Wolfs inclusion is just a mistery to me. I'd also like to know your reason for why you think Falco (who reportedly hates the landmaster) and Wolf (who doesn't even have one, no, nor has ever even been seen in a tank EVER) was made. Krystal would have been startlingly unique and it's a shame she's not in. Either Falco or Wolf should have gone. Not both, just one. It doesn't matter which one, but if Falco really is so popular, then Wolf should have been ditched and his more unique special moves given to Falco.
Oh, did I say I liked the dual FS? No. Not at all. In fact, that's my only problem with the roster besides the exclusion of Mewtwo, but I figure I'd take Lucario over him if we HAD to be at 35 characters since there's already a 5/6 representation ratio for the first gen of Pokemon. We don't even get any second or third gen outside Pokeballs.

Falco has his own unique moves, by the way.

Did you ever consider they

#1. Ran out of time
#2. Ran out of space?

Here are a few reasons why Brawl sucks:

-no wavedashing, dash dancing, or pivoting. Instead, you can trip and fall! Cool!
-characters live to 200%

Nintendo sold out to make what was a deep game a "party" game. Or more likely, they intended to make Melee a party game and didn't realize the depth contained in the physics engine. Seeing how deep it was, they corrected their "mistake."

I realize a lot of the people here don't care about competitive depth because they just want to have fun with their friends. But I'm too old for that crap. "Party" style Smash ceased to be fun about six years ago.
ITT Angry Koreans that are frustrated they need to relearn a game

I like how change = not worth shelling out money, but stagnancy is?

I'm glad I don't need to play you online. : )

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
This arguement should really stop. It's a waste of everyone's time; it's just taking stabs at each other back and forth. What's done is done.

S2

Smash Lord
This arguement should really stop. It's a waste of everyone's time; it's just taking stabs at each other back and forth. What's done is done.
LoL, your probably right about this.

The game is done, at this point were arguing over spilled milk (things that can't be changed).

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with the topic creator.

Guys, honestly, Sakurai did not have to come back for Brawl. Did you want Melee 2.0 instead? We have gotten all these new features we would have not otherwise and now you are all disappointed. If this is so dissapointing to you, don't take it out on the rest of us. I still don't see how you could all be complaining about getting more features in this game then ever. I suppose it is the roster, and while I agree they played it safe, that is only one aspect of the game.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
But it isn't in place We explained it. : | You didn't listen.
Yes, I said we didn't listen. I was trying to tell you why we didn't listen. Personally I was put off by the arrogance of the forum and that it didn't strike me as more professional than any of the others I'd seen when just looking at it. But whatever. I was wrong, and so were a ton of people, both naive and with a resonable degree of skepticism.

...Who cares WHAT THE NATIONALITY OF THE SWORD IS? The mechanics are going to be the effing same.
Nationality sword differences pretty much can be seen in DMC3 SE, Dante playable vs Vergil playable. A japanese sword user would have had those quick, admittedly generic unsheathe, sheathe sword moves, and perhaps more moves not using the sword. I don't know, its not MY job to create interesting movesets.

No. Olimar had a lack of obscurity AND a quirky moveset on him. Sukapon would have...a quirky moveset and that's it.
He also starred in Nintendos first fighting game. But instead of the obscure robot Sukapon, they dragged out semi-obscure ROB. *Shrug* But I won't fight against Olimars inclusion. The way he's represented is fantastic and he deserved to be represented, like a few other characters who didn't get in. Is Ray even an AT like Isaac? Geez.

I don't see what you're getting at. That Sakurai should've advertised?
No, I'm pretty happy he didn't advertise, PC wise. I pulled for Dr. Mario and Roy's removal the whole time, even though I kind of liked Roy. And the waste of Masterpieces indicates that Sakurai DID advertise. You probably unlock the classic DK stage there, and thats why it took so dang long to find. No one wants to play other games while playing Brawl. Thats what other games are for.

Still a sword. Do we really want this to suffer from Fighter Syndrome? He's in as an AT. I guess Sakurai didn't think Golden Sun was above Pikmin. Oh well!
Yes, swords are overused. I wish Sakurai used the sort of absolute creative genius on Pit on some of the other characters, though.

Sakurai wanted heroes and villains to accompany initial characters. He did that.

He was an antagonist for like 45 minutes. He was a hero all the time after that. His time is up. Unless you put in, like, Gio-freakin-vani as a playable, Pokemon can't have a villain. Lucario's a good solo hero alongside Pikachu.
Wheres K. Rool, Dark Samus (would have been a wolfish clone, represents three Metroid games), Black Shadow (ideal Ganondorf moveset inheritor, and could have made G-Dorf original from there), and etc? Star Fox is a really odd choice to get a villan. And I agree Pokemon is not the best villan rep, and that Lucario is a good choice. But Mewtwo is the only original moveset to die, and thats a sore point.

Claus sans mask is an alt costume of Lucas. That's something, I guess.
I'm sure Claus fans would jump all over that, but as I'm not, its just about as much as Luigi having a waluigi color (which he does). Or Samus having a Dark Samus skin (which she doesn't to my knowledge).

Oh, did I say I liked the dual FS? No. Not at all. In fact, that's my only problem with the roster besides the exclusion of Mewtwo, but I figure I'd take Lucario over him if we HAD to be at 35 characters since there's already a 5/6 representation ratio for the first gen of Pokemon. We don't even get any second or third gen outside Pokeballs.

Falco has his own unique moves, by the way.

Did you ever consider they

#1. Ran out of time
#2. Ran out of space?
Yes, Falco has some new moves, that is good. But he deserved Wolf's specials. How do both Fox and Falco know how to explode forward in bursts of flame AND dash so fast they strike through people? Pretty interesting training.

I'll give you space concerns, even with a dual-sided disc. But time is a shaky arguement, given it was delayed twice and had a bigger team than melee.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the graphics are almost as good as an XBOX!Here are a few reasons why Brawl sucks:

-characters live to 200%
There will be more glitches and exploits to be found through out the years, you act like since no one has found anything yet that there will never be anything to improve the competetive scene. And no one said you had to buy the console. And if you don't want the game in the first place, that shouldn't even be a console.

Smash Bros. was ALWAYS intended to be a party game from the beginning. Did the emphesis on colorful cartoony characters beating each other up with ITEMS and WACKY STAGES advertised on the back of every Smash Bros. box not clue you in on that?

So being old means instead of having fun with your friends, you have to take everything serious always? Give me a break. In fact, it's more mature to have an occasional fun game of Smash Bros. with your buddies after work instead of learning every little exploit of the entire game and taking it so seriously that it makes you look like a big headed jerk. I'd rather have fun with my friends than take something as trivial as a game so seriously. Things like going to work and getting school work done are to be taken seriously, not games with colorful plumbers and happy hedgehogs beating each other up.

Also, the graphics might not be 360/PS3/PC quality in terms of specs and such, but the combination of color, detail, and fantastically animated characters make the graphics more appealing than say, the high polygon yet generic looking characters in Oblivion. Not to say Oblivion was a bad looking game, it looked great, but it's art style was awfully generic.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
He also starred in Nintendos first fighting game. But instead of the obscure robot Sukapon, they dragged out semi-obscure ROB. *Shrug* But I won't fight against Olimars inclusion. The way he's represented is fantastic and he deserved to be represented, like a few other characters who didn't get in. Is Ray even an AT like Isaac? Geez.
I'm assuming Ray will be in. we'll have to see. We haven't seen an Isaac movie, but we have found his model (I need to find the pic of it, give me a bit), which indicates they may be hard to summon up or we may have to unlock some ATs.

Yes, swords are overused. I wish Sakurai used the sort of absolute creative genius on Pit on some of the other characters, though.
I'll agree there.

Wheres K. Rool, Dark Samus (would have been a wolfish clone, represents three Metroid games), Black Shadow (ideal Ganondorf moveset inheritor, and could have made G-Dorf original from there), and etc? Star Fox is a really odd choice to get a villan. And I agree Pokemon is not the best villan rep, and that Lucario is a good choice. But Mewtwo is the only original moveset to die, and thats a sore point.
I guess it was due to Fox's popularity.

I blame Dylan Tnga...but that's also because I hate him.

I'm sure Claus fans would jump all over that, but as I'm not, its just about as much as Luigi having a waluigi color (which he does). Or Samus having a Dark Samus skin (which she doesn't to my knowledge).
I think Samus comes pretty close. The problem is it'd be hard as hell to do a Waluigi moveset. : |

So being old means instead of having fun with your friends, you have to take everything serious always? Give me a break. In fact, it's more mature to have an occasional fun game of Smash Bros. with your buddies after work instead of learning every little exploit of the entire game and taking it so seriously that it makes you look like a big headed jerk. I'd rather have fun with my friends than take something as trivial as a game so seriously. Things like going to work and getting school work done are to be taken seriously, not games with colorful plumbers and happy hedgehogs beating each other up.
He probably doesn't have any friends. He's one of these 'LIIIVE TO WIIIIN" types.

D

Deleted member

I still think NeoGAF is a sticking point. Imagine waking up to someone telling you theres a news association with a lot of credibility you've never heard of before, and that since they told you something you should ABSOLUTELY believe it, when its not coming from anywhere else but the "Tabloids" of the Internet (GameFAQs, Nyasnya, etc)

I'm pretty surprised no one appeared before the leaks happened and advertised the fact that if leaks came from anywhere, you could probably trust NeoGAF leaks. People like Nyasnya, who I think turned out to be absolutely right (they even said something about Snakes mine being offensive, and it changed. AFTER THE FACT of them showing it!) yet they got modded without remorse. I don't think that was neccesarily wrong.

Even with the NeoGAFers reputation and liklihood for being right, they still had no concrete proof. You didn't address the part where I claimed the sources could have been lying to them. James Earl Jones didn't even know Darth Vader was Luke Skywalkers father, and when reading those lines thought that Darth Vader was lying. You'd think with a game as arguably important as this, they would have let false information through reputable sources such as the NeoGAFers to cause more surprise when the truth came out.

What did the leaks gain the NeoGAFers anyway? if they were wrong, their accounts were supposedly forfeit (that would have sucked if they were lied to, eh?). if they were rigth, they earn the ire of tons of Smash fans just for being right. All they win is being able to chide others for knowing the information and being right, which is childish (not sayingt he neoGAF people have done this, but Serebii and ShadowXOR sure have)
Wow, you're quite the cry baby. :laugh:

VEGA_224

Smash Rookie
Ugh...All I need to say on the matter is that you shouldn't buy the game if you're gonna hate it. I'm tired of this Brawl hate. Go somewhere else and pay something else, but stop bashing the game because there isn't one thing you wanted. That's just the way it goes.

-Forgive me...It just gets annoying.

Top Bottom