• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Roy was downloadable would u still main Ike?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Roy was put into Melee to promote the release of FE6. After hearing Roy was going to be in melee, fans demanded Marth to be put in. And all of Marth move's are a variation of Roy's since they have reasoning as to how Roy works (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRS8PY-HtPA). Marth on the hand, they just mimiced Roy's moveset and slightly altered. It was by chance the Marth became the better character. Overall, if it wasn't for Roy, there would be no Marth nor Ike in Brawl.
The real question is: How do you know who they started working on the moveset for first? Ideas don't mater for who is the clone of who, it's who had their moveset first and who's unlocked first.

And if Marth was the clone, why do you have to unlock him first, and then use him to get Roy? You have to use Mario to get Dr.Mario after all.

That, and every other freaking way I've heard about Marth and Roy getting in is that Marth was in first by a long shot, and then Roy was later added in for advertising purposes when they realized it would work timing wise, near the end of developing time, hence him having a clone moveset.

EDIT: As well, if Marth was the clone, he would of gotten the boot, not Roy.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
nidtendo freak it isn't because roy or marth being the clone its because roy was just advertisment for fe6 and marth was in the original and 3 so they had to put him.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Seeing that all of the people they cut (besides Mewtwo) were the clones of someone else, I'd say it had a great deal to do with the fact Roy's a clone. They didn't cut originals when it came to those with clones, unless someone is going to bring up the argument that Lucario is a Mewtwo clone, in which case, I'm going to backhand them. Through the internet.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Mewtwo and Lucario only have the similarity of fsmash, neutral B, Up B doing no damage, and Side B (sort of).

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'd still play with Ike...

But I would totally main Roy... Sorry everyone. D:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm bored, we need some character match-up debate, I kind of liked it when we we're talknig about Falco's cancelled Phantasm...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah do what you got to do Ussi, I'm just kind of bored because even on a weekend there's nothing to do.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When edgeguarding, aether will beat out hurricane spin since aether is a projectile at first. it'll lead to an aether spike and win. When used on the ground it actually can be an anti air move. Hurricane spin does nothing much on the ground. If it's Link's then his can be used to kill after a jab cancel, but his recovery is much more worse than Aether's

In short: Aether > hurricane spin (Link's and Tink's in general as recovery and damage building)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Is that Link's Up B? o_O Or Toon Link's?

I thought regular Link's was just Spin Attack...
Both, and Spin Attack is just one spin. Hurricane Spin is when he does it multiple times.

EDIT: We're talking about Link's, not Toon Link's, btw.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Both, and Spin Attack is just one spin. Hurricane Spin is when he does it multiple times.

EDIT: We're talking about Link's, not Toon Link's, btw.
Just checked the Dojo; Both Link's and Toon Link's up b are called Spin attack... xP

Hurricane is the special move you can get in Wind Waker by collecting the 15 braces/belt to the one old guy... xD

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Roy wasn't even ****ing cool in his own **** game. I dont need him back for a third time to prove he doesn't completely suck ***. People seem to associate him reappearing with him being good, which quite honestly is stupid. I'd main Roy if he was better than Ike, but quite honestly I dont want him back. He's not a cool character, he wasn't even that interesting or even that good in his own **** game.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Roy wasn't even ****ing cool in his own **** game. I dont need him back for a third time to prove he doesn't completely suck ***. People seem to associate him reappearing with him being good, which quite honestly is stupid. I'd main Roy if he was better than Ike, but quite honestly I dont want him back. He's not a cool character, he wasn't even that interesting or even that good in his own **** game.
Solider: Lord Roy, we are being assaulted from both sides!

Roy: Okay.

That is very cool.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I prefer Ike's neutral B. I was never big on Roy in Melee, I don't know why. Maybe it's because he reminded me of a rich boy with an English name who liked to tie sweaters around his neck. Weird, I know.

Karas

Smash Cadet
i probably wouldn't because roy was just a clone of marth with all the attacks in melee but in brawl Ike has his own moves, it would depend on how roy is in brawl, what would his final smash be?
plus ike has aether :D

•Col•

Smash Champion
I dunno why every attacks Roy for his game... xD I've been playing it recently, and I don't know why people say bad things about it... I'm finding it quite enjoyable... =P

Also, Roy would have different moves than Marth... xD As for Roy's Final Smash, he does the first swipe like Ike does for Great Aether, except it has a much longer range and it makes them explode or something... D: I dunno....

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
People attack Roy in his game because he has a late promotion (four chapters left if you did everything right, one if you did not) and because of that he is lacking for a while before his promotion. Though once he promotes and has the Sword of Seals he becomes good, mainly because the SoS is a very good weapon and you could consider it better then Ragnel even though it only has 20 uses.

Some people also don't like FE6 because it is a step back from FE4 & 5 because it looses a lot of the features from them.

That said, FE6 is my favorite FE (Thus my name) and Roy is one of my favorite Lords for really no reason at all, he just is. And yes, I would main Roy if he was in brawl even if he was worse then Falcon, but he is not in so this does not need to be discussed, especially on the Ike boards.

Mr. Ph'glui

Smash Rookie
@#$% NO! If Roy came back, I'd push Ike into The Coked Up Lion's Pit, myself! Then I'd run back to Roy to cry tears of joy every time Roy plummeted down like a commet when his recovery misses the ledge by just half an inch!

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
When roy comes back, Marth will cry.

Roy. Hates. Him

Marth. will. die

Ike. is. dead. already.

This game's winner is.......ROY

SOS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ragnell

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I would still go with Ike because of his final smash great aether and besides nobody knows roy's final smash.

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there is a reason to stop using Ike if Roy came back. They're different characters, with different moves. I would like to use Roy in Brawl, but it is impossible to do so. It would be nice to see him with a different moveset, but thats a bit of a pipe dream.

In the Fire Emblem games however, The Sword of Seals fails at trying to be better for the fact that Ragnell has infinite uses.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
It would be Sonic still fox c falcon or roy idk depends. Roy is alot better than marth in my opinion. Not physically but something about marth is idk werid

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
To me personally, Marth in this plays a lot more similar to Roy in Melee then Marth from Melee.
You emphasize use of the Over B a lot more then you did as Marth in Melee.
Counter is more useful, like Roy's.
I think that's why I took such a fond liking to him in Brawl.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't think there is a reason to stop using Ike if Roy came back. They're different characters, with different moves. I would like to use Roy in Brawl, but it is impossible to do so. It would be nice to see him with a different moveset, but thats a bit of a pipe dream.

In the Fire Emblem games however, The Sword of Seals fails at trying to be better for the fact that Ragnell has infinite uses.
I was hopping someone would mention something about my post.
Ok, all my info is from http://serenesforest.net/ and http://fea.fewiki.net/

Name............... Rng....Wt..........Mt...........Hit......... Crt..........Uses
Sword of Seals..1~2......8..........18 ............95 ..........10...........20
Ragnell ............1~2....20 ........18.............80............5 ........... -

Effects
Sword of Seals: Lord/Master Lord only, Def and Res +5, effective against Mamkutes and Demon Dragons, can be used to recover 30 HP
Ragnell: Ike only, negates Goddess' blessing and non-Wrath criticals, Defence +5

In FE6 attack speed (AS) is determined by Speed - (Weapon Weight - Constitution)
Roy has 6 con before promotion and gains 2 after making it 8, his sword does not affect him.
In FE9 AS is determined by Speed - (Weapon Weight - Strength)
Ike averages 17.5 strength at 20/1 and will average 20 at 20/6 so he should not have any problems when he gets his sword.

Mt is the same.

Hit is better for SoS.

Crt is better for SoS.

Uses is better for Ragnell.

Effects, Both get + 5 in Def.
SoS gets + 5 in Res, is effective against Mamkutes and Demon Dragons, and can recover 30HP.
Ragnell negates Goddess' blessing and non-Wrath criticals.

With the + 5 from the SoS in Res magic will not kill as early. The effective against Dragons is very helpful in the last two chapters which are filled with nothing but them and the effect kills the final boss fast. It can also heal you.

With Ragnell, negating Goddess' blessing is not that great with only two bosses it works on and one does not have to be beat, but the other you need it to do anything on him but you could avoid that if your not in hard mode. Ether way Ragnell will be needed for the final boss but it will not take him down nearly as fast as the SoS does to the final boss in FE6. Stoping non-Wrath criticals is really nice, I'll leave it at that. This sword does not heal you, the skill aether does but that skill is unrelated to this sword.

Overall I'd say the SoS is better. Ike is a better character in the FE games though.

Edit: for the uses part, the SoS only being usable for 20 hits is unfortunate but keep in mind that it only has four chapters of use so it does not hurt it too much. Best case scenario you can get 58 uses with the Hammerne. With Ragnell you only get it for two chapters and the BK fight. So even though Ragnell is unlimited it has poorer availability.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Ike is just far, far better than Roy overall in the FE games. This isn't taking RD Ike into account.

Anyways, I hate Roy because he turns out mediocre on average in FE6 and is one of the worst Lords in the series. I would never abandon Ike as my main for Roy. As a matter of fact, the only person I'd switch mains to would be Isaac from Golden Sun, lol.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Ike is just far, far better than Roy overall in the FE games. This isn't taking RD Ike into account.

Anyways, I hate Roy because he turns out mediocre on average in FE6 and is one of the worst Lords in the series. I would never abandon Ike as my main for Roy. As a matter of fact, the only person I'd switch mains to would be Isaac from Golden Sun, lol.
I think everyone would. :D

Top Bottom