• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Hey, could I get an address for this? It might even be JUST me hanging out, but I want to be prepared. Alch is waiting for his parents to come home. We fixed the car situation for the yugioh regionals conflict, so we're good to smash if we can. We may also be bringing a new kid with us if his mom says ok.

Also, I DEMAND Falco dittos if I show up. :(

knuttz45

Smash Ace
yes, i would like some compsci help tate. That would be awsome. I need to remember java.. :(...i've been doing matlab, maple, c++, verilog, VHDL, and kind of spaced java...My main problem is for some reason when i declare some things (can't tell what it is...like BufferedReader), it cannot find them. :( I want to do everything on my windows box...I guess i need some help setting it up. My friend did 225 last semester just fine on the windows eclipse version. I'm going to try some thing tonight...also, i'm guessing we are having a smashfest on sat, and if we get the house, we will be having a tourney on March 1st..only if we get the house, Jailene will make the new thread, because its her tourney...(she really pushed for it)...

and yeah Tate, we have some vids for you, i'll give you the DVD..:laugh:..only if bc wants to post some..:chuckle::lick::urg::p:ohwell::lick::dizzy::confused::mad::(

Turtlehoop...2000 W. Boise Ave. 83706. If you can..get dom! :) I'm pretty sure he can wake up.. :)

gnosis

Smash Lord
What time can we start showing up??

Kind of an odd question but what if my best chance of showing up is if I come by tonight, lol? Otherwise I may need a ride tomorrow -_-

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice

Kind of an odd question but what if my best chance of showing up is if I come by tonight, lol? Otherwise I may need a ride tomorrow -_-
Yeah you can come over tonight if you need to, if you don't mind going with us to a birthday party later on tonight. If not i guess B can come and get you.

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice

Yeah you can come over tonight if you need to, if you don't mind going with us to a birthday party later on tonight. If not i guess B can come and get you.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Knuttz, I think I'm going to have a full car tomorrow going up there and I don't know if I'll have time to pick up everyone else, pick up Dom, AND still get the last few cards I need for my deck/others in time before deck registration is due. If Dom can somehow meet me in town then sure, then maybe someone could come and get him at the regional spot? That'd be helpful for sure.

Zoap

Smash Master
So I heard an interesting fact. Idaho got so good at playing smash by watching Dawn of the Dead. Is this true???????

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Alright. It seems the Dom/Car situation is good. Lets hope it works.

Also!

I'm bringing a friend to hang out. He mains Link. He can't wavedash and has slow reaction times, but he's pretty good at spamming projectiles for some good damage. He could really get a hardcore Link with some help *coughBCcough*

:D

QraQ

Smash Ace
Sorry guys I haven't had time all week to post.
It's been 12 hours shifts at work everyday including Friday.
Ima try to stay awake so I can get picked up by Turtlehoop now haha.
Really appreciate the ride T.Hoop.

-QraQ

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Jack in the box doesn't have taco's......or do they? So knuttz what time are you starting this thing?
And about using eclipse on windows, i really have never touched an ide until this year because my 253 teacher is making us learn how to use eclipse now, so i can't help you in that area yet.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
So Knuttz, BC, and Gnosis showed up with a TV at the yugioh regional and smashed during it. I kid you not. I got into the top 8 then lost to my friend on purpose.

Nuttz, I appreciate you letting us hang out there and smash.
Dom, thanks for paying for my stuff :x

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice
so the tourney is for real, i don't know if jailene posted it. It will have to be late feb instead of march 1st...the oregon tourney is march first, and if anyone Oos decides to go....then we have to make it on dates that aren't tourniese..

-knuttz

knuttz45

Smash Ace
they tourney is up guys...we need EVERYONE to come, also, if anyone would advertise, it would be nice. make a paper and post at playntrade untill they take it down.. :) anyway, i won't eat any mongolian untill tuesday,so it doesn't go bad, so if you want it, come get it....if not, i will not let it go to waste...

knuttz45

Smash Ace
no....this is not hte feb 9th tourney...that is play n trade in eagle and ustick, ours is a house tourney, hopefully getting out of state people. :)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
have to call play n trade to see if it has been moved. Also, come to the one on feburary 23rd. It is at a house/venue. Also, ask your friends relhots....get some of them to go too! :) its in star too...so its not far from nampa...have them email idahosmash@gmail.com for any more information.

Relhots

Smash Lord
i probably cant go if its at a house...(parents rule) ill see if my friend can though. Hes not really in to tounaments

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice
This is hilarious I didn't even know about a tourney going on noone told me lol.

-QraQ
yes we did when you were here Saturday, i think you might have still been asleep. The thread is on the board it's called "that s.h.i.t's bananus" so now we need your skill trying to get oregon and washington to come down so go persuade them too.

Espy

Smash Apprentice
I live in Pocatello, Idaho and I use Sheik.

---The PlayNTrade Chubbuck Smash Tournament and midnight release party---

Chubbuck, Idaho's PlayNTrade held the largest Singles PlayNTrade Smash Tournament in their history (500 some odd people) on April 13, 2007. They are planning to do that again with a Team tourney on March 8, 2008, just before Brawl. You can visit PlayNTrade Chubbuck at http://www.playntrade.com/chubbuck/.

Important Info:
-Mar 08, 2008 - 6:00PM
-Team Tourney
-Food will be provided
-$10 registry per person

Contact Info:
150 Bullock Street - Suite #4
Chubbuck, ID 83202
(208) 237-PLAY

Rules:
-Double Elimination
-No items
-Staff pick of stages
-Moving stages or stages with outside conditions that harm players will be turned off (Peach's Castle because of the Bullet Bill)
-4 Stock for each player
-No Stock Time
-No Glitches (Wavedashing is allowed)
-No physical harm to all players
-No switching between other characters

Prizes:
1st place team: TBA (leaning towards Wii and Brawl for each player)
2nd place team: TBA
3rd place team: TBA

*Any Rules broken will result in disqualification

*More info to come*
This is the official info from PlayNTrade Chubbuck. Those will be the rules. If PNT Spence tells me to update the rules, there probably won't be any taken off, just added.

Top Bottom