• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
the reason we don't want to go there is because we don't want to have a turnout of 5 people, aka your entire smash community.

the most pitiful socal tournies are probably bigger than your largest ones.

and please note i'm not trying to bash you with this post, i'm just simply stating the reason as to why we won't waste our time.

you guys should come to socal, that way you actually get your moneys worth, whereas us going there is a joke.
QFT yepyep

Relhots

Smash Lord
So i should really try to go...
as feeling all this negative energy towards Idaho at the moment.

Anyways... can someone remind me again what's the schedule for all these upcoming things? Places and dates? I'll see what I can do.
Knuttz can you maybe keep a seat open? Just not for tomorrow. tomorrow is out for me.
sorry guys

AlCheMisT :ness:
on Feb. 9th there is a tourney at the new Pass'n'play store on eagle and u-stick...the prize is brawl...

If you guys are going to have an "argument" about plane tickets or whatever the hell you guys are talking about...make a new thread about it, don't spam on here...

Relhots

Smash Lord
So how'd that Idaho Falls tourney go?

I had that debate tourney thing. Got first in Varsity Policy, but it was still pretty gay :/
Here are the results.

1. Qraq
2. BattleChrist
3. Knuttz
4. Chex
5. Yamer (Idaho)
5. Buzz
7. Sugarpoultry
7. Josh
7. Ryan
7. Craig
11. Cory
11. SweetTangerine
11. FrankieFreakShow

The brakets are lost because the computer froze. There were 13 total entrants.
this is what was posted....

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
You should have come to the tournament VainestSafe. I'm still in IF so if you want to smash some time i'll talk to Buzz and we could probably set something up.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Hey Gnosis.
We need you to put some more smashers on the list for Idaho Falls or East Idaho.

Josh (Lulu)- Rexburg Luigi
Neal (Chexican)- Idaho Falls Fox/Marth
Craig- Idaho Falls Sheik
Jailene (FrankieFreakshow)- Boise Marth
Elizabeth (SweetTangerine)- Boise Peach
Chex's Sister (Shank)- Idaho Falls Marth

-QraQ

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
Awsome another Rexburg smasher, thats what I like to here and we got more IF players too. Me think someone should organize an East Idaho smashfest.

VainestSafe

Smash Rookie
Cool so everyone in dis forum be looking out for a post by me about the pocatello tourneys. ill keep tossing info around for ya.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
QraQ, i hear you're from texas :D
i pretty much know everyone in the texas smash community but dont recognize your name...did you change your gamertag, or did you move to Idaho a few years ago??

QraQ

Smash Ace
QraQ, i hear you're from texas :D
i pretty much know everyone in the texas smash community but dont recognize your name...did you change your gamertag, or did you move to Idaho a few years ago??
Ya my original name in Houston was DeeV8 and I moved to Idaho like a year ago.
I actually played a couple matches against you I believe.
I know for sure Mouf and I played you and Leprechaun at Smash Extravaganza a couple years back.
You live in San An right?

-QraQ

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Ya my original name in Houston was DeeV8 and I moved to Idaho like a year ago.
I actually played a couple matches against you I believe.
I know for sure Mouf and I played you and Leprechaun at smash Extravaganza a couple years back.
You live in San An right?

-QraQ
ah yes DV8 I do remember you! you were from Houston right? :) I remember doubles against you at HOST. I dont recall ever playing singles against you though.

my memory isn't that great, but did you play falcon?

QraQ

Smash Ace
ah yes DV8 I do remember you! you were from Houston right? :) I remember doubles against you at HOST. I dont recall ever playing singles against you though.

my memory isn't that great, but did you play falcon?
I play ICs and Luigi.
I played Luigi and ganon in teams.

-QraQ

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice

Relhots

Smash Lord
So after the Idaho Falls tournament we all went Ihop and QraQ got dared to do a whole bunch of nasty **** lets see there was eat a spoon full of tabasco, and chug the whole bottle of Boysenberry syrup at the table. We all thought he was going to barf but he didn't. So when we got back to B.C's house Dom continued with his dares watch for your self
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eoSgh98oE2w
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uHKIW5EFJdw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Edj4vUIyHdE
lol...the whole thing...

Espy

Smash Apprentice
I live in Pocatello, Idaho and I use Sheik.

PLAY N TRADE CHUBBUCK, IDAHO - SMASH, BIRTHDAY BASH, AND BRAWL

Chubbuck, Idaho's PlayNTrade held the largest Singles PlayNTrade Smash Tournament in their history (500 some odd people) on April 13, 2007. They are planning to do that again with a Team tourney on March 8, 2008, just before Brawl. You can visit PlayNTrade Chubbuck at http://www.playntrade.com/chubbuck/. Join PNT Chubbuck for a costume contest lasting all day! Prizes will be $100 store credit for first, $50 for second, and $25 for third! At 5:00PM, PlayNTrade will cut a huge birthday cake in celebration of PNT Chubbuck's one year since opening. 92.1 THE EDGE will join us and air live for a few hours. It's snowed last night, so please bring something warm for standing outside (because everyone won't fit in the building). Also join us to get your copy of Brawl at midnight and stay after midnight to have fun with a minimized Brawl tournament (there will be little or no prizes). Read below for all Smash Tournament details.

Important Info:
- Mar 08, 2008 - 5:00PM
- Team Tourney
- Food will be provided
- $10 registry per person

Contact Info:
150 Bullock Street - Suite #4
Chubbuck, ID 83202
(208) 237-PLAY

Rules:
- Double Elimination
- No items
- Staff pick of stages (any stage can be chosen)
- 3 Stock (No Time)
- Friendly Fire Off
- No Glitches. (No Wavedashing or basically anything that makes you slide like a Wavedash)
- No physical harm to any players (outside of game)
- No switching between other characters. You use one the whole tourney.

Prizes:
1st place team: Each team member will recieve a copy of Brawl and some store credit
2nd place team: Each team member will recieve a copy of Brawl and some store credit
3rd place team: Each team member will recieve a copy of Brawl

PlayNTrade - "The Best Game In Town!"

QraQ

Smash Ace
I live in Pocatello, Idaho and I use Sheik.

Chubbuck, Idaho's PlayNTrade held the largest Singles PlayNTrade Smash Tournament in their history (500 some odd people) on April 13, 2007. They are planning to do that again with a Team tourney on Feb 9, 2008, just before Brawl. You can visit PlayNTrade Chubbuck at http://www.playntrade.com/chubbuck/.

Important Info:
Feb. 09, 2008 - 2:00PM
Team Tourney
Food will be provided
$5 registry

Contact Info:
150 Bullock Street - Suite #4
Chubbuck, ID 83202
(208) 237-PLAY

Rules:
Double Elimination
No items
Staff pick of stages
Moving stages or stages with outside conditions that harm players will be turned off
4 Stock for each player
No Stock Time
No Glitches
No physical harm to all players
No switching between other characters

Prizes:
1st place team: Each player on 1st team gets a Wii and Brawl
2nd place team: Each player on 2nd team gets a copy of Brawl
3rd place team: TBA

*Any Rules broken will result in disqualification

*More info to come*

Well that was pretty bad notice lol.
Why didn't you come to the IF tourney?

-QraQ

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I went to a Chubbuck tournament recently. They use widescreen TVs without the appropriate component video cables, so every screen has roughly 30 to 40 frames of lag. It is really bad. I took 3rd place at the one I went to. Had I known the TVs lagged so badly, I would've entered as someone faster than Young Link. >_< (We were not allowed to change characters.)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Um....dom....Wii and brawl? for each person? screw Eagle tourney...I'm serious. I'll give you back the entry fee, have gnosis be qraq and BC be knuttz...I'm pretty sure you and I can take this...especially if buzz took third in the last one....jiggs and gannon....you and me...no offense buzz, on a serious note...man i'm excited...

I think we need to split the community up on this one...some go to eagle...

Espy

Smash Apprentice
The TVs don't have that bad of lag. I fixed them up anyways, so now they're on Wiis to make them go faster.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ok, so I don't double post..but i got more info on the tourney....correct me if im wrong...
please...

1. The tourney is on March 9th not Feb 9th. I think brawl is delayed again... :(
2. The prize is UNKNOWN...the guy said it was about 100 gift cards per person
3. The entry is 10 dollars per person...
4. they are expecting 120 people...60 teams...dom and i can still win..with buzz and his wife getting second...
5. They don't have a sign up sheet, BUT they are still getting everything organized...

i don't know whats happening with the tourney on Feb 9th at eagle...weather it is still happening...i will call and let people know...that still would be REALLY COOL for a wii and brawl for each person....

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
There is no confirmation of delay. Do not trust retailers. I would hope you would learn your lesson from Twilight Princess' release. Until Nintendo says something, believe nothing you hear. Retailers make stuff up to appease their customers. Saying "we don't know" is apparently taboo.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
This is why I won't believe it untill i see it...:) It just worries me a little....i want brawl now...(he actually told me that was the release date in his database....)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The TVs don't have that bad of lag. I fixed them up anyways, so now they're on Wiis to make them go faster.
Are you using the red-green-blue component video cables?

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Are you using the red-green-blue component video cables?

No. I don't believe we are.

Everybody: If Brawl releases Mar 10, the PNT tourney will be Mar 9 instead of Feb 9. Check out my earlier post for all the details on the PlayNTrade Chubbuck tourney.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No. I don't believe we are.
Then I doubt you solved the lag problem. Plus, many people "disagreed" with me about the lag, but those opinions came from people who don't take the game very seriously (though they may think they do). It was bad enough to where I don't have much desire to return. Good luck, QraQ 'n' knuttz!

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Olol. I'll see if I can do something about that. Plus PNT said that you can bring your own TV, GCN/Wii, and controllers to help prevent lag and allow the tourney to go by faster.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Olol. I'll see if I can do something about that. Plus PNT said that you can bring your own TV, GCN/Wii, and controllers to help prevent lag and allow the tourney to go by faster.
Ooh, you are changing my mind! I like the sound of that. And yeah, see if you can get your hands on some of those component cables. That would make life so much nicer.

Top Bottom