• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

VainestSafe

Smash Rookie
HAHA i love it how none of the pocatello players are listed. no wrries though we oly have like 3 or 4 players with any actual talent around here.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I've been practicing my pan-spikes lately O_o. And to my surprise, I've gotten pretty good at it :p But LeMoN and I haven't been practicing since the tourney so I'll have to get back on that :p But there's some characters that are harder to pan-spike than others. My favorite being Fox or Falco ;]

And yarr, we both need to find a way to stay longer because we all know about our parents... (sneak out perhaps?! joking :() and we were bummed out that we had to miss yet another awesome smashing.

Who's that... white... Marth?

P.S. - Wait, **** Marth and his long sword :[ I know you're using it to compensate for something else...
:( don't dis the marth... thats just mean man, am i dissin ur G&W? nah, his bleep bleeps are duh bomb.

As for our 3 Mt Home players:

Alch- You're good at reading people but you grab, f-smash, and play passive too much with Marth. It's good maybe first playing someone but people catch on easily to that kind of stuff.

-QraQ
hey thanks man, it's not that bad and it's got a compliment. yea, i'm still working on my marth. idols: ken and m2k... ken + m2k = new god

Relhots

Smash Lord
But I wub my lasers :(
I think as soon as I can get Canceling down It'd be a pretty solid Falco...maybe..
Canceling is one of the most important moves with fox and falco. You should learn it right away. It made me extremely better with fox.

QraQ check your messages.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
VainestSafe if you want to come play or something im in IF right now...... You guys should come to the tournament on the 5th. If you keep posting and stay in the community we'll add you to the list. I didn't know anyone played in Pocatello.

Relhots

Smash Lord
VainestSafe if you want to come play or something im in IF right now...... You guys should come to the tournament on the 5th. If you keep posting and stay in the community we'll add you to the list. I didn't know anyone played in Pocatello.
Whos on the list?

Relhots

Smash Lord
Oh i thought you meant something else.

I would like to go but my parents are like...

"you dont know anybody so your not going"

there's nothing i can do about it

Kinx

Smash Cadet
:( don't dis the marth... thats just mean man, am i dissin ur G&W? nah, his bleep bleeps are duh bomb.
Yeah, I guess I should try to be rational with the fact that he IS one of the high tier characters and that he's pretty much kickass if he's one of your mains - him and his long reach. So i'll try to work on that for all Marth players :D!!

Edit - Nah, Marth's still a ****er with a small pen0r. G&W and Kinx 4 lyfe <333

gnosis

Smash Lord
HAHA i love it how none of the pocatello players are listed. no wrries though we oly have like 3 or 4 players with any actual talent around here.
We don't have some X-men 2 mind searcher that we can just hook up to and be like "where are smashers??", and then 3-4 red lights appear in Pocatello in our map of Idaho, lol.

We can only add people we know exist.

(I'll add you)

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Add meeeeee

Anyway Relhots, It's not that I CAN'T L Cancel/Jump Cancel/Tech, it's that I don't have the muscle memory yet to hit L everytime or to jump out of ****. My grabs and shines are getting a lot better with Falco, Fox is still somewhat difficult to waveshine out of it for some reason, but yea. As Qraq said, my Gaysers are good :D

Relhots

Smash Lord
Add meeeeee

Anyway Relhots, It's not that I CAN'T L Cancel/Jump Cancel/Tech, it's that I don't have the muscle memory yet to hit L everytime or to jump out of ****. My grabs and shines are getting a lot better with Falco, Fox is still somewhat difficult to waveshine out of it for some reason, but yea. As Qraq said, my Gaysers are good :D

I never said that you couldn't l cancel. But the only stuff i use is L cancel and Triangle jumping and im pretty good.

Add me. I can never go to a tournament cause my moms freaking out that you guys are 17+. I dont know why she freaks. I bowl against people in their 30's and she doesnt care.

Are you good with falco and fox. Im really good with fox and i suck really really bad with falco. Got any pointers with falco?

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I'll be in Pokie that day. I'd love to play but can't, ****ing debate...

Rel, I Don't L Cancel though lol. I've said it before, I guess it kinda got worded wrong when I was talking to you, I didn't mean anything by it :s.
I'm not sure who I'm better with. I have a problem with remembering to Grab, and I remember more often with Fox. I can get a good few Shine Spikes off with Fox (As Knuttz saw in our ditto lol), but My Falco is decent too. L Canceling out of the D-Airs and U-Airs while pillaring and shine combos would improve my character a lot, and especially being able to waveshine. I full jump a lot for some reason, but I'm more consistant with wavedashes with Falco...it's odd.
Advice for Falco? Definite L Canceling and Waveshining. I personally believe Lasers are a huge part to Falco success, because not only does it give the obvious stun but you can add a good 20 to 30 percent of damage per stock while Ledge-Hop Lasering or just Full Jump triple lasering. Reversing lasering is also a decent mind game if it's consistant, especially the Reverse Laser into the Ledge Grab to Double Laser Ledge hop.
That's just my personal opinions and how to make a better Falco. Platforms are also gay, and Fountain of Dreams is probably the dumbest stage for Falco, followed by Battlefield (As it is for most characters lol)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
i should go and win!! YAY :) Connor lets Teamsies!! lol lets have Cali vs Idaho battles! everyone put in 10 bucksssssssss team rosters of 20!
dude, wtf, I didn't even post in here until now, so random...:dizzy: and uh nah no teams I saw your team combo video...ooh, was that mean? lol :laugh:

QraQ

Smash Ace
Oww... :( still u know we would **** at this tourny heheheh :D
I'm pretty sure I would destroy you for the mere fact that you decide to run an "azn" in your name.
It's not cool and this isn't Maplestory or Diablo.
Please come to this tourney I would like to play another person who "thinks" they're good just cause they're from Cali.
Please...

-QraQ

Relhots

Smash Lord
I'll be in Pokie that day. I'd love to play but can't, ****ing debate...

Rel, I Don't L Cancel though lol. I've said it before, I guess it kinda got worded wrong when I was talking to you, I didn't mean anything by it :s.
I'm not sure who I'm better with. I have a problem with remembering to Grab, and I remember more often with Fox. I can get a good few Shine Spikes off with Fox (As Knuttz saw in our ditto lol), but My Falco is decent too. L Canceling out of the D-Airs and U-Airs while pillaring and shine combos would improve my character a lot, and especially being able to waveshine. I full jump a lot for some reason, but I'm more consistant with wavedashes with Falco...it's odd.
Advice for Falco? Definite L Canceling and Waveshining. I personally believe Lasers are a huge part to Falco success, because not only does it give the obvious stun but you can add a good 20 to 30 percent of damage per stock while Ledge-Hop Lasering or just Full Jump triple lasering. Reversing lasering is also a decent mind game if it's consistant, especially the Reverse Laser into the Ledge Grab to Double Laser Ledge hop.
That's just my personal opinions and how to make a better Falco. Platforms are also gay, and Fountain of Dreams is probably the dumbest stage for Falco, followed by Battlefield (As it is for most characters lol)
I could kill tons of people in cruel melee with fox, but i can barely beat a level 5 computer with falco. Im not kidding either. thanx for the help.

Hint with fox, do not ever go airborne, unless you are shine spiking. Always duck, and if you are quick enough always shine right after you get hit or when you start to get comboed

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I could kill tons of people in cruel melee with fox, but i can barely beat a level 5 computer with falco. Im not kidding either. thanx for the help.

Hint with fox, do not ever go airborne, unless you are shine spiking. Always duck, and if you are quick enough always shine right after you get hit or when you start to get comboed
Wow.......
-------------------------------------------------------------
BTW...There will be another smashfest on Saturday...I know, three weeks in a row...but if the fiancee' suggests one.....then she gets one...

My list of attendees..
Me,
Qraq.
tate
josh
kinx
lemon.

you guys do not have a choce.....mthome, you can drive in too..its at another place...but i can give directions...

craztad

Smash Journeyman
sorry brandon but my smashing days are over until mid january mostly because of having way too many family things to go to starting friday and leaving for japan from dec 26 to jan 14. Starting next semester i will be back to kick some ***.

She is just your fiancee, i thought you were married already. man i need to pay more attention to stuff outside of games.

Edit: oh and i got around to making a stage 6 account so pick one of our current videos and i will upload it there to see what it will look like.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Wow.......
-------------------------------------------------------------
BTW...There will be another smashfest on Saturday...I know, three weeks in a row...but if the fiancee' suggests one.....then she gets one...

My list of attendees..
Me,
Qraq.
tate
josh
kinx
lemon.

you guys do not have a choce.....mthome, you can drive in too..its at another place...but i can give directions...
doubt i could make it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
sorry brandon but my smashing days are over until mid january mostly because of having way too many family things to go to starting friday and leaving for japan from dec 26 to jan 14. Starting next semester i will be back to kick some ***.

She is just your fiancee, i thought you were married already. man i need to pay more attention to stuff outside of games.

Edit: oh and i got around to making a stage 6 account so pick one of our current videos and i will upload it there to see what it will look like.
Dang it tate! and yeah..put anyone thats good on the stage 6 account! it doesn' matter, just make is singles...but anyway, i AM having a smashffest at my appartment, everyoene is invited....

aznforce817

Smash Lord
it would be a lot of fun to attend this tourny but if only i had the time and money to go to an idaho tourny. If im ever in the area or you're in the area i would be glad to play you BC.
I'm pretty sure I would destroy you for the mere fact that you decide to run an "azn" in your name.
It's not cool and this isn't Maplestory or Diablo.
Please come to this tourney I would like to play another person who "thinks" they're good just cause they're from Cali.
Please...

-QraQ
i dont think im good cuz im from cali, i just practice with a few of my buds every week so i know i got some moves on a peach and a link :)

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Doubt Mountain Home can make it. I'm the only one who can drive and I'm not going to go. My girlfriend is in town and I'm going to spend time with her and a few of us are already bunking at Zings house this Saturday to play some n64 Mariokart pwnage.

SweetTangerine

Smash Rookie
I totally love how half of the people that post on here aren't even from Idaho. I'm pretty sure that this is an 'IDAHO smash thread'... but I could be wrong.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I'll talk to everyone next time I see them, maybe we can get a car going cuz it looks like no one is going to be able to make it to Dan2. And hey if i get a cool PO i might be able to go lol.

666 I'm done posting now....... never mind i can't help posting lol

so i talked to some people from Utah and HOTT will come if Buzz come so Buzz your goin for sure now lol. Di-a wants to come and so does C!Z if they get a rid and im going to talk to RA but i bet he'll say if he gets a ride like them. HOTT's flying so he should be for sure.

Top Bottom