• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Ok so you do pass it thorugh a filter...the blurr I'm assuming is alaising. If youtube's sampling rate is too low you will encounter bluryness which is alaising...(if you know what that is....) the sound was just an example....

On a side note.,...you should be an EE Tate...there is soo much you can do in the field of image processing.
Id never heard of the term alaising but i think it is the same as what i would call bob'ing. In the end it doesn't matter what filter i put it through cause youtube's 1990's codec is gonna do its normal defilter or at least thats what i call it as it changes it to some ancient flash format.
And about being an EE, i don't really like this image processing stuff. It just comes very easy to me. I would also much rather work with EE's and write the software they need by being a computer scientist. But that is just because CS people make more money then EE.

And the other day if you guys remember me talking about putting statid's on our idaho vids to help make them look more pofessional. Here is my new statid i am currently using on all my speed runs to show what i mean a little better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xutmw4r-c-c Also you can really see the horrid pixel job youtube did on my bottom right corner section.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Probably in Idaho Falls/Pocatello. I'd actually really enjoy going, and I'd probably have a place to stay (Seeing as my my girlfriend is going to ISU and her brother lives in IF), but I have a debate tournament (Ironically IN Pocatello...) on the 4th and the 5th. I'd probably be the one to be able to give some Mountain Home kids/Qraq a ride, too, so more Boise kids could fit together in one or two cars.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Probably in Idaho Falls/Pocatello. I'd actually really enjoy going, and I'd probably have a place to stay (Seeing as my my girlfriend is going to ISU and her brother lives in IF), but I have a debate tournament (Ironically IN Pocatello...) on the 4th and the 5th. I'd probably be the one to be able to give some Mountain Home kids/Qraq a ride, too, so more Boise kids could fit together in one or two cars.
Cant make it cause its too far away for me

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Ya so Yamer and I are think about having a tournament on the 5th but the date could be sooner if that works best for everyone. I posted in Utah so if a car from there goes and one or two from the Boise are go we should get a good amount of people, and im sure Buzz and his randoms would also go.
If i counted right that like 14-16ish

So i think we should try to get this set up, what do you guys think?
Alright, i can see what happens. I believe that's before school starts up again for us.
that'd be great though. Keep everyone posted on this though.

Nah, we ditto'd during the tourney, I don't remember the stage. Probably Yoshi's, which is a crap birdy stage anyway. I just haven't done a whole lot of them lately since Alch has been playing Ness a lot more.
ROFLcopter on the Ness. He's fun, what can i say. but i should play more characters... I'm not doing so great atm. :(

Also: in an honest opinion, how were we new kids? pros and cons

gnosis

Smash Lord
Alright, i can see what happens. I believe that's before school starts up again for us.

ROFLcopter on the Ness. He's fun, what can i say. but i should play more characters... I'm not doing so great atm. :(

I wasn't very talkative at the tournament but I was pleasantly surprised.

You threw me off because you don't play any like the people I'm used to playing, but you also became progressively easier as the night wore on. You were clean and pretty smart, in terms of spacing and priority and chaining attacks, but once someone gets a bead on you you're a little transparent about when you're going to attack, roll, etc., so you get easier and easier to counter. Another good thing though was I was being over-aggressive on purpose for a lot of our matches, doing specific things to test you out (aiming attacks behind you to get you to dodge into them, etc.), and you knew pretty well how to deal with it.

I can really only comment on Alch because he's the only one I remember playing much, but yeah, he was surprisingly good.

Relhots

Smash Lord

How were the new kids, i want to see how i fair against them.:)

Relhots

Smash Lord

How were the new kids, i want to see how i would fair against them.:)

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
lol yea... only reason for being easier to read was because i played straight without breaks, becoming bit tired and not holding myself together. if i took a break now and then i shouldve been able to think more and not be as transparent as you say. i fell apart though man... oh and i was also nervous playing u at first lol, i was shaking a bit, my epectations of how much you guys would kick my *** got to me.

-ZING-

Smash Rookie
*Looks up nervous in a dictionary* Umm.. Nope, not me. I don't get nervous, I die. Huuuuuge difference. But if it's in Idaho Falls, I think I'll be fine. Also, I'm always open to suggestions or advice on how I could improve, maybe kick it up a notch, from.. Y'know.. "Sucking Face" to "Not Sucking Face". Or even better, "Not getting Pan Spiked by a Game&Watch". That'd be nice.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Overall You guys were better than I thought. There is much potential in all of you. I can't say much, because I didn't play good at all..(no offence..beating dom in the "tourney" match suprised me...but again, i play dom alot...my match against gnosis I could see I was not thinking...) Remember I"ve only been playing for 7 Months...so the guys that have played longer than me...correct me..

BUT ANYWAY...

To Alch:
I think I would agree with Gnosis with predictability...EVen though i didn't counter it...your marth dash dances....then grabs...Even though you were catching me..it was very linear marth. Just change some things up...suprize a guy. In the very short time I've been playing, this is one of the big differences between a good and a great player..(spacing is another one).

TurtleHoop...
LCANCEL. You will be so much faster if you learn.
I think I played you the most...I would say spacing is a big consern. I noticed it the most in teams. Gannon (or marth) have great range, so inadiquate spacing will show the most against these guys. (watch the gannon vs. jiggly puff match of me and dom...you'll see some spots where I space wrong and just get destroyed)...also get back to the edge a little different..maybe go high, or swing low...remember to press L or R after coming up from a firefox to get a tech...

Zing:
First step...get confidence....Second...what i told the rest...
EDIT: you got pan spiked?
Kinx you devil...whos that black game and watch!

Kinx-Lemon:
SAY LONGER

Gnosis:
Your sheik can suck my d!ck...:mad:
*scarcastic*

Tate:
Remember to look both ways when crossing a green light..geez...:chuckle:
I still can't believe you got in a wreck from edwards to my house...its 4 stoplights.

Dom:
I think Christmas is a go...

Felix, skarykid, Aaron, sephiroth m, dach, :

where are you? :urg:

FF:
Love You!

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
:( yea... my Z gets in the way too much, im thinking right now i need to switch SH fairs with Z into SH fairs with A. it just makes me grab more. atleast i wasnt a space animal and grab canceling shines lol. i have a problem doing that, it's a mistake thats not supposed to happen

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
only reason
Edit: This is gnosis.

Bad form. Don't assume that was the "only" reason, especially since its so johnsy. I understand tiredness, just warning that posts like that can annoy a lot of people in the community. After all, it gives no credit to your opponents, who are the ones who beat you.

Not to be combative. Just watching your back. :p Then again our matches were friendlies so it don't matter much.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
My left hand won't listen if I tell it to L-Cancel, and I can't use R very well because I wavedash with it. Meh, I'll get Canceling down eventually. :x
And yea, my spacing is all kinds of ****ed up because I'm so used to trying to roll out of Chain Grabs on dest, which is where we're always play on at school. Too much playing against Marth and Ness, but I know what you're getting it and understand completely.

And I dunno Knuttz..our Fox ditto on Yoshi's was pretty interesting lol.
"Who's that Green Fox..." *I die*
I shouldn't have won that o.-

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it'll help, since I'm kinda.... messed up right now, but it might help if you use C-stick. I dunno if you do or not, but it helps me.

Yeah, this is the real Baron.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So the only problem im seeing is housing for this so if anyone from idaho knows someone else they could stay with that would be good cuz i think if utah goes then they would probably want to stay at my place but i can only house so many. also maybe some of you could stay with buzz if hes down just some thoughts.

I'll make a thread once i know if this is going down for sure.

knuttz45

Smash Ace

Bad form. Don't assume that was the "only" reason, especially since its so johnsy. I understand tiredness, just warning that posts like that can annoy a lot of people in the community. After all, it gives no credit to your opponents, who are the ones who beat you.

Not to be combative. Just watching your back. :p Then again our matches were friendlies so it don't matter much.
are you talking to me? or them? and I don't usually "john"... :)

and Relhots...i think after playing BC, you would not like u_air vs. d-air...u-air sets up for rediculus combos.....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Tate:
Remember to look both ways when crossing a green light..geez...:chuckle:
I still can't believe you got in a wreck from edwards to my house...its 4 stoplights.
Correction, i was in the downtown edwards. For some odd reason we changed our minds about driving clear to overland and just went to the downtown one and it was the last light just before the connector. so i was almost scott free if i could have made it past that light. My car needs to learn to wave dash so it could have dodged the other car.

Relhots

Smash Lord
are you talking to me? or them? and I don't usually "john"... :)

and Relhots...i think after playing BC, you would not like u_air vs. d-air...u-air sets up for rediculus combos.....
Yeah... but i never usually get caught in the air..or comboed

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I don't doubt Links Up+B Is good, the reason i'm so annoyed by it is because a kid that plays here with us spam whores it like no other in FFA. We cringe whenever we hear the 'SEEEEYAAAAAA' sound.

Relhots

Smash Lord
when my friends play with link they usually just use his up b or his dair. it gets very annoying

Kinx

Smash Cadet
I've been practicing my pan-spikes lately O_o. And to my surprise, I've gotten pretty good at it :p But LeMoN and I haven't been practicing since the tourney so I'll have to get back on that :p But there's some characters that are harder to pan-spike than others. My favorite being Fox or Falco ;]

And yarr, we both need to find a way to stay longer because we all know about our parents... (sneak out perhaps?! joking :() and we were bummed out that we had to miss yet another awesome smashing.

Who's that... white... Marth?

P.S. - Wait, **** Marth and his long sword :[ I know you're using it to compensate for something else...

QraQ

Smash Ace

Lol Gnosis shut up. That wasn't at all Johnsy just stupid of him to say lol. Hw knows he got beat like a schoolgirl at a clinic for repeated sex offenders =).

Gnosis said:
Everyone knows they'd love to house me because I'm such a pretty, polite boy who doesn't enrage anyone.
Uh you do enrage us we just like to talk behind your back about it HAHAHA.
We're real men. =P

-QraQ

P.S. God I'm an ***...

QraQ

Smash Ace
As for our 3 Mt Home players:

Alch- You're good at reading people but you grab, f-smash, and play passive too much with Marth. It's good maybe first playing someone but people catch on easily to that kind of stuff.

Hoop- Your Falcos is the exact opposite of BC. That's not really a bad thing though. BC sucks at Gayser and you excel at it. You're not that great at technical **** and BC excels at that. Yall should play each other more =P.

ZING- I have no gameplay advice for you. You're the new BC's definition of Barren.
For more information on this please seek this site:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/annoyance
=)

Doug- I didn't play you much sorry

I <3 every1 except for any1 ^_^

-QraQ

Relhots

Smash Lord
I bet i can combo you with U-air infact im sure of it lol.

IF's good Yamer still kicks my ***.

Make sure you guys come to IF on the 5th ok :)
I bet you could. I leave myself open more in the air than on the ground.

I have a slim chance of coming on the 5th.

Top Bottom