• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This is more like the WEST Idaho thread... but if I dared create an EAST Idaho thread, it would be completely inactive. LOL!

Carry on! XD

gnosis

Smash Lord
Okay, so if there's smashing today, where exactly am I supposed to be?

Cause I have errands in Boise and I don't wanna drive all the way out there and come back empty-handed, Smash-wise.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
okay... we decided... our motto is...

L_eMo_N: MARCO!!!!!

Kinx: POLO!!!!!

LOL, you know what nvm!!!!! i love your idea better gnosis =)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
DOUBLES: Knuttz + Qraq...the knutt qraqer! if that is okay with pitchd...but our atmosphere is getting better. You should have a team tourney on the tourney on the 13th.

and pitchd...mike is an active smasher (kinda), he will be coming to the tourney! watch out just action and craztad!

anyway, if anyone throws a smashfest on friday, let me know. :) i might be busy...

craztad

Smash Journeyman
knuttz what do mean by watch out. mike already proved he could slaughter me with his marth. but at least i know what to expect next time. His doubles play is not even close to the same as his singles play is what really threw me a loop. He steps it up a knotch when he goes mano e mano.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Brandon I don't consider Mike part of the smash community.
This being that he has not shown a genuine interest in actually becoming part of it.
To me that is.
He has not been to any "real" tournies.
He's pretty much on the same plane as Taters right now as far as rankings are concerned.
Just like Taters he hasn't been part of the community long enough to even be considered for ranking.
I know that sounds harsh but it makes sense right?
God I feel like such an *** saying all that lol.

Well anywho that's my 2 cents on the matter.

-QraQ

P.S. STOP CALLING ME PITCHD ROFL!

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
So I'm playing MGS3 and I get to Eva.
So I check out her profile and I find out she's from Meridian Idaho haha.
Cool stuff.
Fine *** hoe...
xD

-QraQ

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Brandon I don't consider Mike part of the smash community.
This being that he has not shown a genuine interest in actually becoming part of it.
He has not been to any "real" tournies.
He's pretty much on the same plane as Taters right now as far as rankings are concerned.
Just like Taters he hasn't been part of the community long enough to even be considered for ranking.
I know that sounds harsh but it makes sense right?
God I feel like such an *** saying all that lol.
Makes sense to me. thats why my current ranking is "video guy" instead of a number, cause thats the only thing im somewhat good at. And any word on what other vids we should put up on youtube, so far all i have heard is "none of bc" but brandon still wanted one of the singles matches with bc in it (cant recall the number at the moment) and qraq no word from you yet. or are we just going to wait and see what kind of vids we get at the next tourny and put those up?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Makes sense to me. thats why my current ranking is "video guy" instead of a number, cause thats the only thing im somewhat good at. And any word on what other vids we should put up on youtube, so far all i have heard is "none of bc" but brandon still wanted one of the singles matches with bc in it (cant recall the number at the moment) and qraq no word from you yet. or are we just going to wait and see what kind of vids we get at the next tourny and put those up?
if bc doesn't want it, don't post it, kay "video guy" :psycho: (sounds like a frat). if we post videos, i want both people to want their vids posted.
and dom...mike has never had the chance to go to real tournies, the one that we went too, he worked on them. He still friendlies, and he will go this next saturdays tourney. but thats my take...everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if im outnumbered, im okay with that. :p being the devils advocate, what about felix and arron then? I would consider them still smashers even though they haven't been to a tourney for a while...

anyway, that was pretty funny with the vid on youtube, and good moto on the team name...bustin balls since sep 07..i would say july cause it was our first tourney. (only 4 teams)

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
if bc doesn't want it, don't post it, kay "video guy" :psycho: (sounds like a frat). if we post videos, i want both people to want their vids posted.
and dom...mike has never had the chance to go to real tournies, the one that we went too, he worked on them. He still friendlies, and he will go this next saturdays tourney. but thats my take...everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if im outnumbered, im okay with that. :p being the devils advocate, what about felix and arron then? I would consider them still smashers even though they haven't been to a tourney for a while...

anyway, that was pretty funny with the vid on youtube, and good moto on the team name...bustin balls since sep 07..i would say july cause it was our first tourney. (only 4 teams)
Yes Felix and Aaron haven't been to a tourney in a while but what tournies have really gone on?
They actually show a genuine interest in smash.
They come to smashfests and STD and junk.
The only reason I think Mike is at Smashfests and STDs is because he lives at your place.
I don't think on most occasions he would actually want to join in.
We usually have to convince him to play.
I don't know to me I see Felix and Aaron as active smashers who are just busy most the time.

-QraQ

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
You guys make me jealous, getting to smash with the W Idaho community :(

We need to have another tourney somewhere in meridian again.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
So are we having a smashfest this weekend
Ya cause that would be so awesome, i have been practicing so im ready for another smash fest. can anyone hold one. I can't do it at my place this time cause the roommates girlfriend is over for the weekend.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
we should have a smash fest at your place sephi!!!!!

just whoever comes, like chancellor, gnosis, or whoever, just tip in gas, and i could drive n.n

knuttz45

Smash Ace
haha, i left my controller at knutts apartment =))))
I was wondering why i had another controller :)

Well, dom, we will have to see about mike. He won't be living with me anymore (more room for me. :) well and you when you stay for the weekend...), so if he comes to smashfests on his own, then consider it, if he doesn't, well then don't. remember he will be at the tourney on sat. :)
And everyeone, how many people should we have on the panel, and who? I know we touched on this a while back, but since the rankings are getting more and more serious and closer, i think we should start discussing some of this. My personal opinion is 3 OR 5 people on the panel. I will not have 4...it just asking for trouble...
And how should it be done? I remember seeing buzz said something about a point ranking. I like 10 for first...to 1 for 10th..
should we have a top 10? maybe top 5?
I like the points...and I like the 40,40, 20 idea with tournies, friendlys and vids...where tournies are tourny performance, vids are how well someone looks in their BEST vids, and friendlies can be an extraneous points where the leaders observe who people can consistently beat.

Remember tournies are NOT EVERYTHING for you nay sayers that say rankings are on tourney performance only...lets have an example...the next 5 tournies I can play DOM first, and for some reason on the loosers bracket I can play BC (maybe some hot chick distracts him while playing some kid...)and loose both times...for FIVE tournies...while craztad kicks some tail and gets 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, and 5th again in those 5 tournies...my tourny performance really sucks, and if we only did our ranking on tournies, I would not even be considerd....but you have to remember "at the moment" I can beat craztad lets say 5:1 on a vid and friendly level (if we use our REAL characters)...(and probably if it is any game crazy tournies the other players even more than that...)I would count all friendlies that people experiment in out!

My only consern is East idaho being mixed with W. Idaho...East and west rarely play each other...so its hard to tell who is better than who...I know buzz should be in the top 10...but where?
Just throwing out ideas...so discuss.....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
So maybe go with a top 3 or 5 for both east and west until they have a chance to play each other. And i kind of like the 40, 40, 20 idea too.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I still think someone need to be able to play some smash this weekend... tomorrow because todays pretty much over.

PitchD/Qraq or whatever the fvck you want to be called ADD ME ON HALO 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xbattlechristx

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Good idea, but my house is much too small for a smashfest. I'll just ask my brother's friend to gimmie a ride to whoever is having a smashfest today.

OR, someone could come to marsing, gimmie a ride, I'll tip in for the gas, and we'll all be happy.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Yo every1 BC and myself want to know who all is going to the Utah tourney who may be able to give us a ride.
We'll give gas money and sexual favors and all that ****.
Hit me up on aim if you're willing it's in my profile.
Peace.

-QraQ

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Along with us helping with gas i also know most of the smashers in Utah so i could get us housing with the cool ones to make sure we get lots of time for friendlies and other **** before and after the tournament if we decide to stay instead of driving up and back the same day.

Also anyone up for some smash today or tomorrow or whenever mostly talking to craztad cuz i dont think i can get to anyone else's place but still anyone who doesn't live to far away and can pick me up that would be great.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
sorry bc can't play today. I got a big a$$ program due tomorrow night and a calc test on wednesday. But i could definitly play on thursday.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Good news guys, i just saved a bunch of money on m- I have a reliable source of rides nao. I can probably make it to smashfests nao. Nao.

Hey lemon, whats your real name? I wanna know since you owe me that rematch. (Strawberry Julius FTW)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
HEY BC...Thursday most likely would be good for me too, for a little while...i hate having so much crap due...but this weekend is easy street!

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
I think that Geno should list everyone's main char.

I've recently taken an interest in CF/Marth. Wonder who AHGUJPFL's main is.

On a side note, if we are to have a Smashfest on the weekend, what day and time would it be?

As incentive for you Idahoans to come down to Utah on the twentieth, I, AHGUJ4L', will award any of you who can pick me out of the crowd with 1, count em', 1 piece of tropical twist Trident, the gum preferred by 4 out of 5 dentists!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm only posting here to remove the obnoxiously long name preceding this post from the main forum index.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
haha, yeah, any time hunni <333

ill be here, just call me!!!! haha =))

marianno rite? w00t

yah been practicing up so watch out n.n

blah!!! btw had fun today just action and geno n.n

Top Bottom