• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Quick! You and Sugarpultry (Jennette) need to help me come spam up the Southern Utah thread! Its fading fast!

Also, somebody needs to let me know how the Pocatello Play n' Trade tourny went. That Wii was supposed to be mine! :laugh:
Spamming coming up. And um.... won't the thread get locked if we do nothing but spam?

Buzz will fill you in on the tourney! VVVV

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, I took 3rd out of 100 entrants. I could have taken 1st, but here is my john: all the matches took place on widescreen TVs without the appropriate component video cables, so there was a half second lag on every screen! This made playing reflexively impossible, and I lost on Big Blue as a result. So, I only received $50 store credit. :(

As for the two players above me, they were surprise entrants who could wavedash, L-cancel, and everything else under the sun. They were just new to it, so had there been no lag, I guarantee I could have done much better.

Ha, I'm not too worried about our thread getting locked up if it's survived this long! Besides, we can always start a new one but with my name as the creative.

And dag Buzz! I can't even imagine playing a game with half of a second lag, but then again I play jugglypyeauf, so its nothing I couldn't puff out of. I hope you're planning on using that store credit Wednesday. I'm sure I don't have to explain why!

Anyhew, any of you idaho g's coming down the 20th? I just might be there! Jeanette, I think you could do some serious damage with that Link of yours...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff 4 Luvin said:
I hope you're planning on using that store credit Wednesday. I'm sure I don't have to explain why!
We bought Marvel Alliance, used, with it. I know what you're thinking though. Brawl is reserved at EBgames in Idaho Falls. ;)

Anyhew, any of you idaho g's coming down the 20th? I just might be there!
I sure hope so! We can try. :)

Jeanette, I think you could do some serious damage with that Link of yours...
^_^ Thank you. And if I go, I'll be sure they feel the wrath of poultry.

We bought Marvel Alliance, used, with it. I know what you're thinking though. Brawl is reserved at EBgames in Idaho Falls. ;)
Tisk tisk tisk. Does Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass ring any bells? As in the new Zelda thats coming out this very Wednesday?

And my dear buzz, the 20th is the next smash tourn Utah. They're thinking about a low tier tournament to ice your cake. You can get my good buddy Qraq to car pool you down!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Tisk tisk tisk. Does Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass ring any bells? As in the new Zelda thats coming out this very Wednesday?

And my dear buzz, the 20th is the next smash tourn Utah. They're thinking about a low tier tournament to ice your cake. You can get my good buddy Qraq to car pool you down!
Man, I would love for qraq to car pool everyone down, too bad his car is in texas!!! :) Man...i wish i could actually go that far for a tourney, school, work, and baby really bog down travel time nowadays!. :) Man...we really need a big tourney in Boise.

I guess Idaho is going low teir so the utah low teir tourney, watch out! I'd like to thank qraq for that one. He basically forced me to main jiggly, and BC to main link. (more mid tier than low tier for both) I don't know if forced is a good word...but it pretty much works.

But anyway, what happened to the power ranking discussion for IDAHO?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well I think we need to set up a carpool to that Utah tourney on the 20th..... Gnosis has the only car so do you want to go Gnosis?

With power ranking we need to set up the panel and all that **** and maybe have a smashfest or an STD that everyone can attend.

Craztad the vid looks good but I cant look at the streaming one it just shows a grayish blur.

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
I also went to pocatello's Play N Trade tourney with Buzz.
I only made it in the top 16 with my Samus against casual players. I feel so week and insignificant. :(

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Well I think we need to set up a carpool to that Utah tourney on the 20th..... Gnosis has the only car so do you want to go Gnosis?

With power ranking we need to set up the panel and all that **** and maybe have a smashfest or an STD that everyone can attend.

Craztad the vid looks good but I cant look at the streaming one it just shows a grayish blur.
where are the vids? for some reason i can't find....and buzz...u are a funny guy if i think i know what you did.."grayish b1ur"

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I also went to pocatello's Play N Trade tourney with Buzz.
I only made it in the top 16 with my Samus against casual players. I feel so week and insignificant. :(
Awww... well, if it makes you feel any better, you are better than me, and if I would have gone, you would have done far better.

Plus the stupid lag, its not all your fault. ;)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The lag was bad bad bad. Half a second of lag is ridiculous.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Ya, filefront doesn't stream .mp4's but youtube does and the way the video's were recorded there is no way for me to convert them to .avi. We just need to remember to record in higher quality next time so i can actually do stuff to the videos like properly cut out the times when we pause the game in a fight. I will get you the rest of the videos when they are done but my poor computer isn't popping them out very fast.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I just finally looked at the first post of the idaho thread and noticed it said that we have an idaho tournament on Nov. 24. Where exactly is this going to take place in Idaho?

gnosis

Smash Lord
I just finally looked at the first post of the idaho thread and noticed it said that we have an idaho tournament on Nov. 24. Where exactly is this going to take place in Idaho?
Probably the usual spot that I hold tournaments. My friend's house. Uninvited, of course!

I'll post more details as the date draws near, but it's right here in Meridian.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Actually, before that event, there will be another tournament at the usual spot, most likely some time during this month.

This is to help kick start Idaho power rankings. While the list won't just be the top 10 at the tournament, it will factor heavily into the decision making. That being said, everyone who considers themselves a contender or would like to one day be one, should be there.

So, what date works for you guys? Everyone check your schedules and find some time to use proving yourselves in the Idaho scene :D

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping it would be after the 20th, 'cause I really don't know when I'll have money, but yeah... Invite whoever you want. The more the merrier.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
The weekend of the 13th is actually pretty good for me. Dom comes over every two weeks basically like clock work, and this weekend is SUPER busy for me so the weekend of the 12th, 13th, 14th is the best for me and assuming pitchd

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
I'm going up to Nampa, Idaho this thursday morning until sunday, so if anyone

would like to play some Smash then send me a message on Wednesday.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
AH! sephiroth M =)))

im the asian guy that paused during our game by mistake at that play n' trade tourney =)))

gnosis

Smash Lord
The 13th is looking good then. I'll set it as the tentative date.

I hope as a community you guys can pull together two TVs, and one GCN/Smash. We can provide two setups and an extra gcn/smash, and I'd like to have four setups at this deal. We have more room now, see, and this will hopefully be big with plenty of friendlies and so on and so forth.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
i had you there, but you paused. :ohwell:

XD im suspended from gamefaqs. I tried to start a massive flamewar on the FF7 boards by posting that Cloud loved Tifa :laugh:

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
LOL SURE!!!!! n.n

remember it was 2 out of 3 games, 4 stocks n.n

[i paused for a second hehe]

Top Bottom