• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, i just moved to boise for college and am looking into the boise smash scene. I am an ok falco player(definitly not even close to pro). I would really like to play some you guys/girls. Does anyone around here have little smash nights just for fun?

Edit: I just read a bunch of the previous pages to see how idaho smashers are doing. I noticed that you may be having trouble with converting dvd to other formats or something like that. I can convert it to avi/divx and mp4 without problems if you need any help. I also have a reliable internet connection to upload video. I am very good at cutting, editing, and doing stuff to videos. No special effects though. I also have a dvd recorder 1 tv, a gamecube or wii, and three controllers, and one copy of smash bros. melee.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Cool man I live in the BSU dorms (towers) we should definitely play some time soon and you could help me get some of the vids we got edited if you want that is. Just post if you want to and I'll PM you my phone number or something.

Knuttz Im down for whenever just call me or text me and we'll figure something out.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome. Ya i can play pretty much anytime on tuesdays or thursdays cause im out of class by 3:30. I just live in an apartment on parkcenter so im a little less than 5 min away from you BattleChrist. And I'd be more than willing to help with the video stuff. I can usually take a dvd and rip, encode, mux, and compress about 10 min of video an hour on my computer. I usually compress 10 min down to a 640x480 and its about 60-80 megabites in mp4 format. I can do bigger or smaller and i think i can do widescreen but not 100% sure.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
where are you craztad? If you are at BSU, you can come with BC today. i love playing against fox and falcos! You will learn REAL FAST to DI (move around after a throw) against me!
um let see...If nothing goes wrong, about today BC. I don't have anything due on wednesday, which is VERY odd so far...but its nice having a free day!!! so i can play for a couple of hours...ps...i really really really need to get better against Ice climbers...last time i played qraq, he was on fire with his icees, why don't you come over today, i get out of class at 5 like BC, so maybe 7 or so?

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Ya im at BSU and i can definitly play today. Oh i can't wait to get my butt kicked. DI is probably the least of my worries if your a marth player cause my little bro always uses marth. My biggest worry is i have a bad habit when im hanging on an edge to drop off and use my down attack before jumping, instant suicide.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
7 sounds good if you can meet me at the intersection for capital that is across the street from pizza hut then i could show you how to get to Kunttz's house.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
From Meridian to Rexberg. I believe if you take the freeway until you get to bliss then get off and head through, shoshone to richfield to carey to arco to mud lake then to rexberg it only takes about 4 hours maybe 4 1/2.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Battlecrist mentioned he'd be interested in attending Oregon's next big event, Smashfest: Eugene.
Oregon is starting a new philosophy of getting better, not greedier. So, we're starting to set up funds to help everyone with travel expense and such so we can play more instead of using the money to pay for the winner of a tournament.
Organize a carpool, if you can get five people over here maybe we can set up a fund to help pay for your travel expenses. Keep in mind, Oregon is dirt poor, but we're generous!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Battlecrist mentioned he'd be interested in attending Oregon's next big event, Smashfest: Eugene.
Oregon is starting a new philosophy of getting better, not greedier. So, we're starting to set up funds to help everyone with travel expense and such so we can play more instead of using the money to pay for the winner of a tournament.
Organize a carpool, if you can get five people over here maybe we can set up a fund to help pay for your travel expenses. Keep in mind, Oregon is dirt poor, but we're generous!
Thats a great Idea. I'd love to play oregon sometime. BTW, it was nice playing for once a couple days ago. craztad was better than I thought, so watch out Sephiroth M and Skary kid and just action, if BC and I didn't scare him off! :)

craztad

Smash Journeyman
No you didn't scare me off. You two did show me that i need to practice like crazy. Im am also looking forward to playing again cause now i know what to expect and usually learn to keep up pretty fast. And on a side note, hopefully i can find a way to help BC get your videos up cause you guys are definitly better than anything i expected to come out of idaho.
Oh and if you guys wanted to play this weekend, we could do it at my place, I got a little bigger tv.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
No you didn't scare me off. You two did show me that i need to practice like crazy. Im am also looking forward to playing again cause now i know what to expect and usually learn to keep up pretty fast. And on a side note, hopefully i can find a way to help BC get your videos up cause you guys are definitly better than anything i expected to come out of idaho.
Oh and if you guys wanted to play this weekend, we could do it at my place, I got a little bigger tv.
If you do something on the weekend, you can do one of two things, just a couple hours or so like a few nights ago...or you could throw a smashfest and have more than half the community there. :) (BC, Maybe Felix, Gnos, Just action, :)) It depends on how many people your gf will allow over!

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Well i don't need to talk to my gf, i need to talk to my room-mate. I will see if its ok with him to have a smash fest. What exactly goes on at a smash fest? Never been to one so im kind of clueless here. Of course i can guess that we would play smash bros. But is it more like a mini tournament or do we just play the crap out of smash bros?

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
What part of Orgen is this?

Anyone can answer this for me.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Eugene OR its on the 20th and if we get a carpool going you could just come to boise and then go the rest of the way with us assuming someone from boise wants to drive.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Well i don't need to talk to my gf, i need to talk to my room-mate. I will see if its ok with him to have a smash fest. What exactly goes on at a smash fest? Never been to one so im kind of clueless here. Of course i can guess that we would play smash bros. But is it more like a mini tournament or do we just play the crap out of smash bros?
a smashfest is where people play the crap out of the game, and have like 2 to 3 tvs setup! :). Just post something that you are having one, and an address too. I can make some calls if yo uwant.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, my room-mate is going to be gone on saturday so I will have a smashfest at my apartment on Saturday September 29. I am still deciding on the time so if there is a time that would work better for all of you please post or pm it too me. Also im not going to post my address for the whole world to see so if you want to come please pm me and i will pm you my address. I only have one tv but i have both a gamecube and a wii and two smash bros discs. So if anyone could bring another tv that would be awesome. Sorry this is kind of really late notice but i still hope lots of you can come.

gnosis

Smash Lord
You guys can come out here whenever, pretty much. I'm down for playing whenever. I might have a new job, though... *sigh*... I'll keep you posted. But yeah, come on over. I'm getting bored. It's just been me and Gnosis for way too long.

Oops this is JA...

We've been recording some matches. Not great, but they have me talking, so as you can tell, I lied when I said they aren't great.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
You guys can come out here whenever, pretty much. I'm down for playing whenever. I might have a new job, though... *sigh*... I'll keep you posted. But yeah, come on over. I'm getting bored. It's just been me and Gnosis for way too long.

Oops this is JA...

We've been recording some matches. Not great, but they have me talking, so as you can tell, I lied when I said they aren't great.
Why don't you guys come to craz tad, teach him some good stuff. :) we shoudl call felix too...and eveyone can come if its okay to craztad. :) I' might be able to go for a while. :psycho:

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there if Gnosis decides to go. If we do, we'll most likely have a tv and Cube with us.
I'll see if Kinx and Julius wanna go, too.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
What's your address? It would be nice to know where I'm going, no?
Also, don't suppose I could bum a ride from anyone, could I? I can meet you pretty much anywhere along Fairview.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I will try to stay online most of the time if anyone needs anything. I have some chips and a case of pepsi and i am willing to order a pizza if people want but if there is anything else you guys want you might have to bring it yourself cause im not wealthy. Can anyone for sure bring a tv cause i only got one but i do have two copies of smash bros and both a wii and a cube.
Just Action, if nobody else can pick you up along the way, i suppose i can make a quick trip out to meridian to pick you up about an hour before it starts.
Oh and i can use my dvd recorder to record some matches if you guys would like to do that at anytime during the fest.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Do you know how to convert them to Mpeg?
Cause I converted like a day to it and couldn't find ****.
I was able to edit them easy but I need something to get them to the AVI or MPEG Youtube format.

-QraQ

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Ya, i convert video's to .avi and .mp4 all the time and both of them are compatible with youtube. I use DGIndex to demux the video's, avisynth to edit, and megui to encode and mux them.

Top Bottom