• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

No U

Smash Journeyman
Everything happens with R.

Needless to say my right pointer finger feels swollen after fests.

But yeah my birthday is the 6th so everybody has to come to this fest.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I use X + L to wavedash, Y to short hop/jump.
I don't think I ever use R, so I can focus only on Z.

If there's a good reason to use R, I'll consider it.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I was guessing Sunday since it is No U's birthday.
I'm not sure if I'm making it, but if I do, I'm bringing peoplez, maybe getting a ride from cousin.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
crap, thought i posted before midnight. It's tonight. If you need help finding the place before you go, look up "818 W Ann Morrison Park Dr, Boise" on google maps. It's a Pizza Hut. Seth's place is across Capitol Blvd street and the Hut can also provide a place to park since BSU lot is full and need permits or something. I think i have to STRESS to bring a TV and Set ups. He doesn't have much of anything except for playing space :roll: Bring your game on peoplez. I'm bring zach at 9.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Actually I have managed to get a memory card and a TV so I have one setup :p

But yeah if people want to show up at 6 or 7 that would work for me. It's University Inn room # 148. Right across from the Pizza Hut like Alch said, I can guide people in if they need it.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was Sunday... I can't go today but if anything happens Sunday I'll be able to go. If something does go on that day I can come get some people so long as they pay for a bit of the gas. That's really my only issue for me going to these things: Gas.

So, for now, off for the day.

On a secondary note: 430-2458 is my new number.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Well actually I have a bunch of homework due on my birthday at midnight that I put off so I get to spend my birthday programming and stuff.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
yes mekato we do wavedash. I remember this stage...so much. becahse some characters you "wavedash" more than others. its like a second coming now. like dom's luigi, were you wavedash all the time, or my jiggz, whemekre wavedash isn't nesesssary....mekato, you'lll find time where its good and bad...and that will come with experience, i'm sure everyone knows nothing when it comes with this. you'll wave dash towards being "sneaky" then get rapeed with a combo, or you will wavedash and get a miss to a smash attack where you will get the kill. think of wavedasing as breathing or taking a step backwards. :) you don't have to listne to me....btw...happy bday No U have fun with smas est, i'm busy to throw stuff, i'm sorry guys, smash isn't my main priority in life anymore....

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
yes mekato we do wavedash. I remember this stage...so much. becahse some characters you "wavedash" more than others. its like a second coming now. like dom's luigi, were you wavedash all the time, or my jiggz, whemekre wavedash isn't nesesssary....mekato, you'lll find time where its good and bad...and that will come with experience, i'm sure everyone knows nothing when it comes with this. you'll wave dash towards being "sneaky" then get rapeed with a combo, or you will wavedash and get a miss to a smash attack where you will get the kill. think of wavedasing as breathing or taking a step backwards. :) you don't have to listne to me....btw...happy bday No U have fun with smas est, i'm busy to throw stuff, i'm sorry guys, smash isn't my main priority in life anymore....

...That wasn't my question. My question wasn't "if you do," but it was "what buttons do you use" and "is there a difference between using L or R?"

Anyways, good luck with whatever you're doing. ^_^

gnosis

Smash Lord
I've been meaning to ask:

I wavedash with L and Y to jump. Through a bit of experimenting I've found that if I wavedash with R instead of L I then to Wavedash faster and I don't get that little hop before the Air-Dodge, but I tend to shield after and it makes me the controller feel stiff. Is one better to do overall then the other? If it doesn't matter, I'll start Wavedashing with Y + R because the benefits seem to outweigh the losses and the losses can be negated over time.

Also, out of curiosity, how do you all Wavedash?
Everyone's hands are different; the right way to do something is however feels most comfortable to you and whatever you can do consistently. Personally I only use Y+R. It really doesn't matter at all though.

If you're going faster with R, it's just because you're hitting the button sooner, and if your shield comes out, its cause you're holding the button too long. In order to wavedash perfectly just pick whichever button's more comfortable, and hit it as fast as you do R but release it as fast as you do L.

Or, maybe, your buttons are messed up... but trigger buttons dont seem to mess up like that.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Are you guys ready for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM? Because Fro just challenged Kaleo to a "one of your extra melee disks" vs. $30 money match. I don't know if any of you have ever seen two absolute masters of martial arts fight violently to the death, but regardless of whether you have or haven't, this is going to be the most epicest battle ever, though likely nothing like what I just mentioned. At all.

Furthermore, I do not condone the use of the word epic in any way, shape, or form. I got away with using it ironically, once. Never again.

Also, disregard that last post, I suck *****.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
when is next serious fest? before going to a different states fest is more worth the time
This.

Are you guys ready for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM? Because Fro just challenged Kaleo to a "one of your extra melee disks" vs. $30 money match. I don't know if any of you have ever seen two absolute masters of martial arts fight violently to the death, but regardless of whether you have or haven't, this is going to be the most epicest battle ever, though likely nothing like what I just mentioned. At all.

Furthermore, I do not condone the use of the word epic in any way, shape, or form. I got away with using it ironically, once. Never again.

Also, disregard that last post, I suck *****.
wat?

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
...That wasn't my question. My question wasn't "if you do," but it was "what buttons do you use" and "is there a difference between using L or R?"

Anyways, good luck with whatever you're doing. ^_^
I use samus and for samus wavedashing is crucial cause she gets good distence. So if I want to get to the oposite edge quicker I wavedash across the board and for that particular sanerio I use R+X because I found that R+X works real good for getting from one side of the board to the other. Another good reason I use R+X is when I block I use L so when I need to wavedash out of my block I dont run the risk of leaving myself deffenseless. Ok so maybe its just R+X for me.... hhhhuh.

I use samus and for samus wavedashing is crucial cause she gets good distence. So if I want to get to the oposite edge quicker I wavedash across the board and for that particular sanerio I use R+X because I found that R+X works real good for getting from one side of the board to the other. Another good reason I use R+X is when I block I use L so when I need to wavedash out of my block I dont run the risk of leaving myself deffenseless. Ok so maybe its just R+X for me.... hhhhuh.
Is this guy for serious?

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Marth = Dr. Mario ****

:ness: > everyone else in Brawl+. aw hell yea. I love that little bobble head

And i'll also have to say: yea wth, who are you again?

TournyPlay 3, October 16th.......... should we talk about who is going?

Churro

Smash Journeyman
LOL Mecakoto

and Alchemist, we should.
TP3 will be 10x better than TP2.

who else is interested?

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
At the above posts: I am now sure you misunderstood me. Both statements are personal preference for me as to which character I use. I wasn't talking about character match-up. I was talking about how well overall I did with that character.

In other words, I've dropped Marth for Doc in Melee and my Jiggly is **** in Brawl+.

I'm getting Brawl+ soon. Just need to borrow one of my friends' twilight princess.

I'm... actually pretty excited for this. Now if I could just find somewhere that sold gamecube controllers...

Top Bottom