• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
jjoe, you never replied back, so I'm guessing my message wasn't sent successful
I'm down for practice on weekends for the most part, I'll PM you my address right now so you can have it in case I ever host anything again.

I'm down for some melee, I don't play 64 much.
I play melee and brawl.

you can give me your address if you want, but I currently have a hard time even leaving the house so meh =/

I'll Pm my address, for some reason I did'nt get your pm maybe you sent it to someone else or I just don't know how to check my messages, it does't say I have any new messages....... oops :}

I can play weekends that would work.

No I didnt get your PM but its ok you can reach me on my moms cell, which is (208).284.6654.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
New post.

Hey people, lets have a discussion about..........

Dr. Mario's F-Air hit box. I personally think it is an average hit box.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I don't pick doc much, because I prefer Mario T_T

which I recently figured how to play with. :laugh:

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
By the way, this thread has been hijacked by the 'lack of post game breaker' and if you don't post in this thread, bad things will happen to your GC/N64/Wii. SO HURRY UP AND POST.

Trying to be creative with ways to get people to post. >_<

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me... I need to send in my Wii to have it's Disk-Reading Lens cleaned. I want to play Brawl+ so much. XD

Update with my Melee Game:
Can Wavedash on command and with speed.
L-Canceling still needs some work.
I need to learn to Combo better. It'll require me playing people. Anyone near Burley? I asked this when I first got here but that was months ago, so someone might have come in here that is near there. =p

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
<wall of text>
Seeing that you 2 (Churro and Mecakoto) are the only ones posting and conveniently have modded your wii's, I need help. My brawl disc is broken, and I have a friends copy at the moment. I was thinking of making a back up, but to back it up, you need a .wad (are these legal?*) that rips discs, and you have to do a lot of cIOS editing or something like that to play the back ups without using gecko. Honestly I'm clueless and the only thing I've found out is that I need to get BootMii and back up my NAND so if the wii bricks I can restore it.
</wall of text>
*I'm not a pirate. http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
<wall of text>
Seeing that you 2 (Churro and Mecakoto) are the only ones posting and conveniently have modded your wii's, I need help. My brawl disc is broken, and I have a friends copy at the moment. I was thinking of making a back up, but to back it up, you need a .wad (are these legal?*) that rips discs, and you have to do a lot of cIOS editing or something like that to play the back ups without using gecko. Honestly I'm clueless and the only thing I've found out is that I need to get BootMii and back up my NAND so if the wii bricks I can restore it.
</wall of text>
tl;dr
10chars

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
<wall of text>
</wall of text>
.... but... My Wii isn't modded... Not the Hardware, anyway. I just have Homebrew and a few Emulators + Gecko, and that's it...

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me... I need to send in my Wii to have it's Disk-Reading Lens cleaned. I want to play Brawl+ so much. XD

Update with my Melee Game:
Can Wavedash on command and with speed.
L-Canceling still needs some work.
I need to learn to Combo better. It'll require me playing people. Anyone near Burley? I asked this when I first got here but that was months ago, so someone might have come in here that is near there. =p
Matters if you're in school or not.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
lol Connor

Knuttz should host a smashfest soon so we can all meet at once =)

Also

TourneyPlay 3, we must go to this.
me and knuttz got mm's against Eggz, I'm getting Mario dittos.

Let's talk.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Someone play me in Pocatello. I need a reason to Smash instead of playing Street Fighter for 10 hours a day
Are you playing it with that one kid who brought sticks and a ps3 to a smashfest? If so I feel bad. He was too good :\

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
lol Connor

Knuttz should host a smashfest soon so we can all meet at once =)

Also

TourneyPlay 3, we must go to this.
me and knuttz got mm's against Eggz, I'm getting Mario dittos.

Let's talk.
What is this Tourney you speak of?

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Yea Fyre, I'm playing with Rahim. He's my roommate. And he ***** me. It's fun.
Whats wrong with this post? Read the last 5 words. Just read it.
And he's playing with him...

Hehe...

Give Rahim my regards. I haven't "spoken" to him since you contacted me with thing's he was saying in-game, but I don't think that counts, so... ya... </sentence>

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
im checking with knuttz. he.ll call me back about it. i should post wht is going to happen by tonight. it would be smash fest sat night at knuttz if he gets back to me. ill let you know

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I've been meaning to ask:

I wavedash with L and Y to jump. Through a bit of experimenting I've found that if I wavedash with R instead of L I then to Wavedash faster and I don't get that little hop before the Air-Dodge, but I tend to shield after and it makes me the controller feel stiff. Is one better to do overall then the other? If it doesn't matter, I'll start Wavedashing with Y + R because the benefits seem to outweigh the losses and the losses can be negated over time.

Also, out of curiosity, how do you all Wavedash?

Top Bottom